• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Wishing Well Beneath a Full Moon

Pika

⚡ ⚡ ⚡
6aKM.gif

Across the land, a myth lies dormant.

When the sun refuses to rise, the full moon will hear our cries.
When the only light shines from the darkness, pure souls may make a wish.
It is within this well, where unfiltered dreams dwell.

And when the wish is fulfilled, the sun may rise again. And that the soul that is without sin.

I always wondered what this meant. My mother told me how during one Eternal Night, that it barely lasted four days and that she and her friends were unable to find the well in time. She never told me what she would have wished for though. She'd always look at me and say she has everything she needs now anyway so it doesn't matter. The past is in the past. No one knows when the Eternal Night will happen, it's always sporadic. When the sunrise doesn't come up, everyone knows the Eternal Night is upon is and daylight won't break until someone finds the wishing well and makes a wish. I've heard one Eternal Night last 3 months. I have to imagine the well at that time, must have been in a very tricky spot. You see, the well itself can blossom out of anything, anywhere. There is a tale of it spawning from a tree in the middle of the Blueberry Forest and that a wandering carpenter found it and wished for a new unbreakable ax. Whatever makes him happy, I suppose.

Everyone is always thinking about what they would wish for if they ever had the chance to make a wish during an Eternal Night. Of course they'd have to find the well first. But these ideas of fortune and glory change as we do. I know when I was six years old, I told my mother I'd wish for a new horse. And now? I'd probably just wish for a new staff or better clothes. My needs change over time and vast wealth really doesn't interest me. I have become rather skilled in magical arts so I don't need help there. But it's likely that only a few will ever get to make a wish. No one knows what happens afterwards. I don't think I've met anyone who made a wish actually. Isn't that strange? At any rate, I can't help but wonder about the mysterious forces at work around us and when I wake up one of these days, if I'll be suspended in darkness again.

Notes and Junk:

Okay so the general premise is up above! So I'd like to do a RP about two people (or more, I don't mind if we double up or triple) going to hunt down the wishing well once Eternal Night begins.

A little bit about my character...I'm thinking she's in her late 20s, proficient in elemental magic and healing. She's terrible with knives, swords, anything physical. She's more of a long/mid-range attacker. So if your character was more into close combat, that would be awesome but another mage/cleric type would still be welcome too.

I also think anime appearances are best here if that's okay.

I don't have much drawn up about this world so I'm happy to world-build with someone but at the same time, I don't wanna get bogged down in too much and forget about the characters and plot. So we can plan a bit before or jump right in and play off of one another and just log locations and stuff as we go along. I'm good either way.

My thought is we'll have our characters run into other (more greedy types) along the way, do side quests and fun stuff like that. I did hint at a more sinister plot at works but we can figure that out together.

Generally I would be happy getting 2 paragraphs from someone. More is super. But not less. 2 is like the absolute minimum I'd be happy with.

I think that's about it. I've been thinking about this for a few days now and would love to expand it with someone and have them bring in their own ideas too. I don't want my partner to feel like I'm calling all the shots here. :)

I'd be extremely d o w n for this, I'm completely down world building, playing multi-chars ect ect. Really cool concept! Pika Pika

Heya!

Thanks for taking a nibble! It'd be cool if we could double up and have a nice gang of characters coming and going during different points in the story. So it's nice you're open for multiple roles cause I'm totally down for that too. Did you have any character concepts in mind yet?

Currently this is closed, but maybe in the future I'll be able to open it back up! Thanks to all who inquired!

- Pika

Users who are viewing this thread

Back