• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Winter of 1637

Agent

Lance
"You are what is called an Astral Knight. This is our world: Redukan. The empire is split into four regions, all based on the cardinal directions of North, South, East... and West. This empire is called the 8 Flags Alliance, from the eight towns slash cities that dot the land. But this story of mine is not about all 8 towns. In the regions of the Western islands, it is cold and snowy. Along with that, it is very disconnected from the empire, despite being only several miles away from the quote unquote 'capital'."

uC3i2rN.png
"Ahem, now... an Astral Knight is like a knight, but more... let's say magical. They call upon their swords to fight enemies by s... you know what? Let's just save that for when it makes a little more sense. But for now,"

What is your personality like?
Affectionate - You have a strong moral compass and prefer to make friends of enemies rather than fight them. Helping people, is a priority. You also refuse to say overly rude comments.
+4 +2

Despicable - With a snarky attitude, you like playing tricks and fighting from the shadows. If there's an easy route, you're gonna take it. Being nice isn't your strong suit, and it's probably something you're not ever gonna be.
+4 +2

Sheepish - You're nervous, and an introvert. Never having learned to make friends and socialize, you've tended to keep to yourself. Bravery needs to be developed somehow.
+4 +2

Resolute - As a glowing beacon of confidence within the cold of your country, you seek to free it of the lurking threats plaguing it. Though you are ready to face threats head on, you show blatant overconfidence.
+4 +2

Unrestricted - Somewhat chaotic, you prefer to leap before you think. When in a tough situation, you'll use your instincts and snap judgement to win your way through it all. Unfortunately, your impulsive behavior means that you lack patience.
+4 +2

Apathetic - You've learned to give up, with the idea that if any problem requires a great amount of exertion, then it's not worth it. If something doesn't work, then trying again is a waste of time.
+4 +2

(Though it is not certain what these numbers mean, you will soon see their potential.)
"The professor told me a lot about using fancy words. They're okay, but don't use 'em too much. Haha, he's not a writer too, is he?"

greetings! this quest roleplay looks marvelous.

on that note, i also vote on having an >affectionate personality.
i'm having a craving for a warmhearted and fair protagonist.

Last edited:
"Interesting! So you must be great with the kids, then? Well... I actually haven't met any kids but myself but... Oh well. But I still want to know more about you, so,"

What is your past?
Squire - You have been a loyal servant of a knight for quite some time, rising up to become a powerful knight yourself. Instead of becoming a regular knight, you've been selected for your 'gift', and became an Astral Knight instead.
+3 +1

Thief - Unusable for reasons understandable.

Frozen - For your entire life, you've just been a commoner in the town of Graicmer. Unfortunately, the coldness of the Western region kept you from having fun, as you've had to stay inside all the time, that was until the recruiter found that you had a 'gift'.
+3 +1

Hunter - Slaying monsters is your game, and that's how you make your living. It's a hard life, having to fight monsters all the time, but it was worth it. However, you found yourself face-to-face with a strange man one day, and he convinced you to become an Astral Knight.
+3 +1

Wildling - The value of hard work is learned by doing it. You've spent many a day in the forests of the Southern lands, by yourself or with the help of a few others in the forest. You would've kept this up your whole life, but a man looking for you found you, and with his speechcraft, he led you to the cold West.
+3 +1

Alone - It was the worst thing; your parents died a long time ago from a plague when you were living near the Eastern swamps. Only a few people survived, and that was from inoculation; with limited success. Receiving an unknown letter, you've then taken a ship to the snow-filled West.
+3 +1

Last edited:
+5 +3 +2
"Great, now what's your name?"
"My name... is Noah."

September 4th, 1637
Graicmer, West Reaches
The small, sturdy fort of the Astral Knights was stationed on the outskirts of the modest town of Graicmer. One could only hope that the houses would stay intact the next morning, as a terrible blizzard was raging on. The fort only has three floors, but that was enough for everything the knights needed. Your superior, Blake, was standing outside on the second floor balcony, observing the town without any care in the world.
Noah stepped outside of the warm building to walk to him, as he had called for him. Luckily, his clothes were keeping him snug enough. Knights throughout the realms all wore a similar uniform: A dense chain vest and a blue tabard with the 8-Swords Alliance flag on it, and some protective gloves. Anything else was left up to the wearer. In Noah's case, he had a slightly baggy shirt made of a winter animal's bright white leather under the chain vest, and some standard pants and boots. They were thick, and kept the cold out. But he didn't have a hat to protect his messy brown hair, or his ears, though. Oh, and he had a dark green ascot. All the knights wore a scarf or something similar.

"You called for me, sir?"

Blake turned, his only differences from Noah being his yellow neckerchief, and a pair of shades. "Yeah, I did. Do you see this blizzard?"

(Light Green Choices are responses or actions.)
-"Yes sir, it's quite chilly."
-"I'm standing in it, so yeah."
-"Yes, also, could we maybe... continue this inside?"
-[Quickly nod, because it's really cold.]

Last edited:
i vote for >"yes sir, it's quite chilly." in my mind, i imagine that line to being delivered by a cool (no pun intended), seemingly cold-resistant noah.

"Yes sir, it's quite chilly." Noah answers, trying not to let his ears freeze.

Blake wipes the frost forming on his sunglasses, then turns to the door.
"It was a mistake to stand out here. Let's go inside." The two of you walk back inside the castle, and find... A few chickens walking around, pecking the carpet and checking out everything. "...hey boys, who's responsible for this?" Blake demands.

A knight comes rushing up to his superior, giving a brief salute. You recognize him as William, or just Will.
"Sorry, sir! A tree fell on the chicken coop yesterday and I didn't know what else to do!"

-"I don't think this is a good idea."
-"Can't you take them to the village?"
-"Think we'll get a new coop anytime soon?"
-"Never liked eggs, anyway."

One... Two... Seven chickens, Noah counted, even though this wasn't important.
"Think we'll get a new coop anytime soon?"

"Not important right now!" Blake quickly says, a brushing past several of the birds. He sits down on a bench, in a place where it is a little more quiet, looking up at Noah. "Anyways, I had a task for you." He glanced out the nearest window, which was so cold that no one could see through it. "I believe this blizzard is not a natural occurrence. I think- I'm sure that some malicious force is causing this, but I'm not exactly sure."

"None of us are meteorologists either, sir."

"So I'm gonna need you to go out and find someone out there who can help us with our problem, because if we don't stop this raging blizzard, all of the people in the town will be in trouble." Blake was kind of interrupted when one of the chickens walked nearby and started pecking the ground like it owned the house.
The knight swung his leg back to kick it... But resisted the urge. He sighed,
"Got any questions?"

One thing came to mind. "Umm, yeah. Where am I supposed to look?"

"...right, right." Blake looks at a nearby world map on the wall and points at the top area. "Gonna need you to go to the port and take a ferry up North. Find a man named Alekir. He can help you, or find someone that will."

"Alright. I can handle that."

"Mhm." Blake mumbles before adjusting his sunglasses. "Got anymore questions?"

-"Who's Alekir?"
-"You ever been up North?"
-"If we're Astral Knights, shouldn't we be able to do something about the blizzard?"
-"What are you gonna do about the chickens?"

The temptation to just keep on about the chickens is so strong... but yeah we need info bout Alekir so

- “Who’s Alekir?”

"Who's Alekir?"
Noah asks, needing to know more information about Blake's associate before continuing.

Blake lifted up his sunglasses, and if there was a stool in front of him, he would've lifted his legs up too.
"A friend, from the good old days. Used to go adventuring with me, and three other pals."

"What's he look like?"

"Hmm... if he hasn't changed since last year, he should be dressed like a traditional wizard, but without the hat and colors of a wizard. His robe is brown, with a few accessories, and his hair is kinda blonde." He is heard mumbling: "I know for sure that Ali changed clothes since she splintered off."

Noah nodded, after hearing everything he needed to. "Alright, that's it then. I'll be going now."

"Bwuk."

"Take as long as you want- i'm sure I won't be lonely here with all these chickens."

And with that, Noah walked down to the first floor, and opened the entrance door to be exposed to the dangerous, freezing blizzard. Luckily, having been around for a while, Noah was only partially fazed by it. It was still cold, though. He took a walk to where he remembered the docks were, and sure enough, there was a boat there, with several torches illuminating it.

"Hey, boy!" Noah jumped a little when he heard that. There was some wobbly-looking man with a captain's hat holding a bottle. How was that drink not frozen? "Yur need somfin?"

Noah looked at the boat for a moment; it was little more than a bigger sailboat with a bigger sail, but it was the only boat around, sadly. "Yeah, is that your boat?"

"Sher is." The captain said, taking a drink from his bottle. "Still seewurvy."

"Well, I need to get to the Northern mainland. Could you possibly take me there?" With his minor seafaring skills, he knew that even this lowly sailboat could last the long trip up North, though it would be the most boring journey ever.

The captain peeked inside his bottle, as he wasn't getting any more rum, and then tossed it backward. It exploded into fragments of glass and yellow-tinted ice. "Noh can du. Water is forzen."

Noah looked at the water, which was probably so cold that you could walk on it. "Huh... worry not, I think I may be able to thaw the water. If I can, will you take me up North?"

"Euhhh... whata you? A mahsicen?"

"Something similar. Just watch."
Noah draws his blade...

You have gained enough experience to learn 4 abilities!
Telesmite - Smite an enemy with a holy attack from a distance.
Ancient Tongue - You are able to read and speak an ancient language from ages past, allowing you to communicate with certain people, or read old texts.
Flame Lance - Launch a fiery sword at an enemy, possibly burning them.
Ice Break - Attack an enemy with an icy blade erupting from the ground, with a chance of reducing their will.

Now which one will you use?
[Telesmite] - Blow the ice apart with a few safe bursts of holy energy.
[Flame Lance] - Melt the ice, like a regular person.
[Ice Break] - Impale the ice, cleaving a path through the frozen water.

If it's alright for another person to jump in, I vote for Flame Lance! It sounds really cool, and I feel like it would be the least likely to freak out this old dude. You never know if he might have some sort of paranoia or vendetta against magic users.

"Stand back." As the knight says this, he swings his sword with a diagonal slash, launching a bright blade of fiery energy into the icy water, piercing through it instantly and melting it. Satisfied, he turns to the captain. "Can we go, now?"

The captain sighed.
"Eh. You bois and yer magik. Alright, les go."

In a few minutes, the ship is ready to set sail, if you could even call it one. Noah burned out some more of the ice as they were leaving, until they were finally out to actual sea.

...the captain isn't talkative, and neither are you. He has some more rum, which he gleefully drinks. Surprisingly, he's still able to drive the boat just fine.

Like 2 hours later. Without food or drinkable water. How terrible.

"Laaand ho!" Noah is awaken from his brief nap by the captain's positive news.
"Ah, finally." He mumbles. "How long until we- Unh!" He is knocked loose from his chair when the ship unceremoniously crashed into this random dock connected to no town.

"Y'all right, lad?" The captain asks, now sober.

Noah rubs his back, feeling the pain lessen.
"Yeah. Didn't hurt that much; just caught me off guard."
The two hopped off the boat onto the docks, with no town in sight. "So uhh... where's this city i'm supposed to find?"

"Sohnelbuy's that-a-way." The captain answers, pointing Northwest.

"Alright, thanks for the help. What're you gonna do now?"

The captain was already back at his boat, walking to the steering wheel.
"I'll be gathering me stuff, and then I might just buy a new ship."

With a nod, the knight headed in the direction he was told to go. It was not long before the grand city came into view.
"Huh. That wasn't that bad."

"BARK BARK!" A Woof-lf jumps out at him, surprising him.

"Woah!"
Noah backed away quickly. He remembered the woof-lfs from his hunting days. Canine-hunter hybrids, in a nutshell. They barked and bit people, and occasionally wore hats.

-Fight the Woof-lf.
-Attempt to pet the beast.
-Run away, chicken!

Status
5 0 2 3 0 0
Noah, Astral Knight

Telesmite
Ice Break
Flame Lance
Ancient Tongue

By the way, would any of you like it better if this story was First Person, or do you prefer the Third Person we've been currently using?
Also, would you like Noah's dialogue to be brighter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back