• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Winter of 1637

"Is your name by any chance, Lyra?"

"Yeah, it is! Who told you?" What a colorful girl. Feels a little awkward to talk to them, but that didn't matter much.

"Professor Cosmo. He said I could use your help in lieu of his."

"Okay, so who're you and what do you need?" Noah opened his mouth to speak, but Lyra quickly started speaking again. "Oh don't tell me, you're a knight! Am I correct?"

"That's right." Noah yawned. "My name is Noah. Now, do you know of Graicmer?"

She shook her head.
"Nope."

Noah started by pointing at the southwest blades of his tabard.
"It is the main town of the Western region. Currently, it is being attacked by a massive blizzard. Think you know anything about that?"

"I know blizzards have snow and they're cold, but I don't like the cold!"

He didn't want to be subject to finding another person, so Noah just asked with the most sincerity he could.
"Please? I don't believe we have time to go gallivanting around the world, looking for experts on this!"

"Well..." Lyra then starts circling Noah, mostly to look at his sleepy eyes. Her response is: "Okay!" with a gleeful face.

"Phew, thanks. I was worried you were gonna say no."

"I couldn't say no to that! Plus, travelling is fun! We get to... uhh..." A worried expression envelops her face as she looks past Noah.

He turns around to see three brutish thugs standing there.
"...can we help you?"

"Stand aside, tin man. We have business with that flying rat." The middle guy says bluntly.

Noah glances at Lyra, who shakes her head at him.

-"No."
-"Rats can't fly."
-"And what is that, exactly?"
-[Attempt to comply, but then realize that that's not a good idea.]

Noah, Astral Knight

5 0 2 3 0 1
Health

Will

Telesmite
Flame Lance
Ice Break
Ancient Tongue (Passive)

Last edited:
✧ "rats can't fly."

for serious i'll be questioning noah's priorities if he actually gets to say this but at the same time i'll be so proud

Last edited:
And here we have in front of us the two opposing sides of a random alley:
Lyra, our hidden gem of a back alley restaurant,
and three second-rate bruisers who failed to get the jump on us.

"And what is that, exactly?"

Noah wasn't planning on actually stepping aside, but still, "And what is that, exactly?"

That's enough for one of the brutes to start walking away. Though that's not necessarily a good thing...
"It ain't yer business, boy. Now get lost!"

"...no." Noah quickly leans over to Lyra and whispers, "Quickly now, flee. I will deal with them."
+1

She turns around to leave, but...
"There's another one behind us!"

"Don't you have, wings?"

"I can't pick up speed in here."

"Come on, man! You're surrounded!" The main thug yells.

Noah draws his sword defiantly.
"Listen, you don't want to do this. I don't want to do this, so it's best if you just-"

The single thug on the other side of the alley starts charging forward!
It's too dangerous to use Flame Lance, and Ice Break may be just as bad, so Slash and Telesmite are your only options.

You have enough knowledge to learn
Chivalry - You can take hits for allies, even when you don't know they're coming.

-Runeblade Slash
-Telesmite
-Step aside this time

Noah, Astral Knight

6 0 2 3 0 1
Health

Will

Telesmite
Flame Lance
Ice Break
Ancient Tongue (Passive)
Chivalry (Passive)

Indeed. Let's start the fight right with (not a Telesmite, but) a >Runeblade Slash!

How big is this charging thug? If Noah and Lyra can dodge out of his way, his momentum might carry him to the thug behind them, and then Noah and Lyra can escape while they're tangled with each other.

AlbaGuBrath AlbaGuBrath (Too late mate we're gonna slap him)
It was such a good idea to run towards a person holding a sword. When the thug got close, Noah hit him with a horizontal slash across the upper chest, forcing a change in his momentum. His legs kept moving forward as he was struck by the blade, causing him to slip and fall onto his back. "Augh! Uhh..."

The 'leader' stomps his foot in some degree of anger.
"Fine! You wanna play this the hard way, then we can!" He steps forward, holding a wooden club. When he gets close, he raises the club to bash Noah.

-Riposte
-Dodge
-Block
-Lol no we're outta here

✧ riposte!

maybe they can make a run for it when only one thug remains, but we should prolly grind them good for the exp.

I do believe it's better to teach them all a lesson. In return, when Noah and Lyra finally manages to get out of that alley, nobody would be after them. >Riposte it is! Please riposte well. Please riposte well. If you don't riposte well... Well, please riposte well!

With the thug's fat belly exposed(not what you think it is, it's just bigger), it was just asking to be whacked. Noah lifted up his left leg and shoved it into the thug's stomach, prompting him to reel back, dropping the club. "UH!"

"Alright, I think we're done here." Noah sheathes his sword and give the last thug a little wave. He turns and whispers: "C'mon let's go." As he starts walking, the thug he slashed earlier grabs his leg, stopping him.
"Ehh... Hshhh... Stop em, C- hey!" Noah considered kicking the thug, but he just wrenched hit foot free so he wouldn't cause a nosebleed.

The last remaining enemy is like
"Right, got it!" He pulls out some sort of brownish orb and tosses it at the two.

"Woah, DUCK!" Noah grabs Lyra, and they both dive to the ground, though Lyra was a little hesitant.

The orb explodes... Several feet above them, actually. The headless shaft of an arrow drops to the ground.

"Whitney! I found them!" The thrower turns around to see a man with a longbow wearing some sort of dark officer's uniform. "Alright, you come nice and easy... And there won't be any- hey, HEY! They're running!"

The thugs pick themselves up and run past Noah and Lyra, clearly panicked. The officer, now followed by a female partner, sprint after them.

The two stand up, dusting their clothes off.

-"Are you okay?"
-"Who were those guys?"
-[Say nothing.]

"Are you okay?"

Lyra finished dusting herself off, but her clothes were now a little muddy.
"Uh, yeah I guess. Thanks for helping me."

"It's nothing." Noah looked around to make sure no one else was around. "It's getting real late. Do you know where the inn is?"

"Sure, it's this way."
She motions Noah to follow her. "I got a room."

Into the night streets...

"By the way, if you don't mind me asking, what are those wings you have?"

"People ask that question all the time; i'm a succubus!"

"...what?"

"You ever heard of us?"

"Yeah, except i've heard of succubi having horns and being these evil creatures."

"Did you read that from Codex σκιά 1590?"

"Yes I did. I'm assuming that's outdated?"

"Definitely."
+1

At last they arrived at the inn: a multiple story building with several accommodations on each floor. Lyra leads Noah to a room on the second floor and mockingly opens the door like a gentleman while putting on an accent.
"After you, good ser."

However, Noah is completely unfazed.
"I don't get it."

*sigh* They both walk in the room, which conveniently has two separate beds and appears to be larger on the inside.
"Gimme a minute, I gotta change and comb my hair." She walks into some closet(or whatever room is could be) to change. Though, she still tried talking to Noah. "Hey Noah, how come you knights don't wear plate armor like the knights i've heard of?"

"New Knights Generation, in 1605. The royalty set a new standard for knights. Blacksmiths at the made thin armor sheets so they could get more money, and shields broke too easily."

"I see..." Noah takes his shoes off and relaxes on the bed with nothing near it. While still wearing his chainmail. "By the way, I saw you knocking on the library door earlier in the day, did you want a book?"

Noah thought of it, and yes, he did want a book considering he wasted most of his day looking for people and lollygagging.
"As a matter of fact, I did."

"There's some books in the drawer near the door. You can read them if you want."

Just what he was expecting to hear... except the part about where the books were. He hopped off the bed and opened the only drawer in the room, with 6 books in it.

-Heroes of Redukan
-The Courier
-A Traveler's Guide to Pirates
-The Classic story of the Woof-lf
-Forces of Arechearth
-Status Effects

NOAH, astral knight

6 1 2 3 0 1
Health

Will

Telesmite
Flame Lance
Ice Break
Ancient Tongue (Passive)
Chivalry (Passive)

LYRA

Health

Will

Blood Needles
Poison Weakness (Flaw)
Adverse: Light
Adverse: Water

I'll vote for >The Classic story of the Woof-lf. It may prove entertaining and useful to Noah.

Status Effects are a big deal especially if they weren't covered in our astral knight training for some reason, but I too would like to focus on The Classic story of the Woof-lf. I'm guessing these books will give us something more than just knowledge.

Noah takes the book depicting a Woof-lf, with a mix of both doggo and wolf on the cover. He walks back to his bed and lays on it, after actually taking off his armor.

He notices Lyra blowing out several of the lamps(which were lit before they entered the room somehow) and going to sleep, though he doesn't see what she's wearing.

The only flicker of light left is next to Noah, who is reading his book.

The Classic story of the Woof-lf, by Agitha Sirkual

The Woof-lfs made their first appearance in 1588, and back then, there were two other species that existed. They were called Doggos and Wolves.
The Doggo was man's best friend, and also woman's best friend if you didn't like cats.
However, there was one wolf... who also wanted to be man's best friend. But the people did not like the wolf, for they were more violent than the doggos they loved so dearly. For this, the lone wolf went travelling on it's own, to find a way to become man's new best friend.
For many days it walked, but it finally found it's destination. Some wizard's tower, owned by one devilish wizard. He heard the pleas of the wolf, as he could understand the words of beasts, and cast a polymorphing spell on the wolf.
As the smoke cleared, the wolf was now like a doggo, but it still had a few wolf features; very sharp teeth, a prominent howl, and a slight degree of armor. Nonetheless, it felt happy that it could be a doggo. When it returned to the human town, it was welcomed as a new friend to the humans.
But there was a disaster. The wolf/doggo still kept it's primal instincts, and started killing livestock. The humans tried killing it, but it was easily able to escape into the forest. There, it's population somehow bloomed, and the combined abilities of the wolf/doggos were able to outclass their lowly single forms. Soon enough, all the wolves and doggos went extinct, and the new species:
The Woof-lf, rose as the next canine.

There's some more info regarding Woof-lf physiology, so Noah takes a quick mental note of it.
+1
Noah has enough knowledge to learn Primal Bestiary - Gain some useful info with information on common monsters.
Lyra will also learn
Infernal Barrier - Increased resistance to Fire and Dark attacks. Or just fire and darkness in general.

From the days of a hunter... Noah remembers much of it. All the monsters he had fought for food and money.
Though there could be one that stuck out to him. He searched his mind to find this one random beast and remember it's details.

-Cat
-Sharkat
-Waterphase Snake
-Rabid Rat

NOAH, astral knight

6 1 2 4 0 1
Health

Will

Telesmite
Flame Lance
Ice Break
Ancient Tongue (Passive)