The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears.

Aaron watched her guide him over the poles, the stallion doing quite well. "See where pushing them gets you? Om..." He folded his arms over his chest, turning around to match Eagle's stride while his rider circled him. "I think...You should cool him down and bring him back to the barn. We'll give him a day off and work him Saturday. Until then, you can work with the other horses and show me what you can really do on an experienced horse. Until then, I want you to tack up my horse. I believe you met her earlier. Her name is Avril, and I rarely let her in to anybody's hands. As long as you don't mind me breathing down your neck the whole time." He dropped his arms. "Unless you think Eagle needs more work."

(I love Arabs...My favorite breed. =) My mom used to breed and train them in dressage and saddle seat. She's dying to ride czar saddle seat~)

While Aaron was talking she collected Eagle even though he wanted to put the reins from her hands. When he asked her if she thought he needed more work she immediately accetped the offer of freedom. She worked on moving the hips over, setting up to canter but not allowing him to, just to work on patience. It just taught the horse to listen for the kiss of the rider’s mouth to actually canter off. After a few moments when he figured out what she was asking for he settled down and just moved his hips, leaving his front legs planted perfectly. “He’s a quick learner. I think that would be fine to see if he’ll be the same after a day off.” She said allowing him walk to cool down on the railing. “I’ll meet you up there. Some part of the day I’m going to need to work with Gunner’s son though.” She said reaching over patting Eagle’s sweaty neck, noticing blood was dripping down her index fingers from the reins being so tight on them. She wasn’t worried about the cuts she was just worried about getting it out a saddle that wasn’t hers, so she unnoticeably wiped it on the inside of her black tank top. Kim shook her head at the thought of him asking her to tack his mare. He was going to be there watching her every move just to get on her nerves. Why the hell doesn’t he just tack his own horse?

{They are a really pretty breed but I have to stick to my roots with Quarter Horses and Appendix.}

Aaron watched her work with the stallion, mildly impressed at the fact that she was making Eagle wait to canter. It was a good technique to use, and the way she jumped on top of what little wiggle room he left her was both impressive and infuriating. He wasn't sure which shone through the brightest. With a sigh, he walked to the gate, deciding she could be left alone with Eagle. "I'll have Avril's tack out for you. I expect you back at the barn with a pasture-ready Eagle in 20 minutes," he told her, then opened the gate and walked back to the barn.

He took his Hanoverian out of her stall and hooked her up to the cross ties. Avril was a horse who didn't like to be dirty, and tolerated mud and dirt at best. Despite this, the mare's coat seemed to behave like a combination lint brush and vaccum cleaner. The horse knew how to get dirty, but liked staying clean. She was an easy-keeper otherwise. After Aaron brushed her coat free of dirt and picked her hooves, he walked to the tack room. Saddle and blankets on stand 8, bridle on hook 4. He walked back to Adrianna standing there. "I have a very picky mare," he said as he hung up her equipment. "She'll be a pain for a few minutes, but should warm up to you by the time she's ready for a bridle." He folded his arms over his chest and stared the girl down. "Screw with my horse, Adri, and
I will kill you."

(Understandable ^-^ My grandfather trained racehorses; my mom dressage horses, so I can't help but feel some sort of connection with hotbloods. I have picky Classical taste in my DNA. =P I don't know a lot about Appendix horses, but man...They're gorgeous. =))

Aftera few moments of Eagle walking to cool down she dismounted in the middle of thering. She looked at her watch that showed they had time to mess around for amoment. She walked him over the poles twice allowing him to sniff them as he walked over each one. Eagle didn’t pin his ears at the noises so she headed up the barn, placing him in his stall. She carefully took the nicely oiled bridle off to place on his halter. Once she clipped his halter to a chain that was screwed into a beam in the stall, she unlatched the girth. Adri placed the girth on her shoulder before taking off the saddle and pad. Effortlessly she gathered the tack in her hands, placing them where she had retrieved them from.When she heard Aaron’s voice about his mare she bit her lip from any smartass remarks. How he described his mare was a perfect description of what he was like but he doesn’t warm up to her at all. She raised a brow faintly at his threat when she was walking out of the tack room with a blanket because she saw that the mare was already spotless. “Aaron I’m really trying to be nice. If I’m not allowed to correct your horse then how about you tack her yourself and let her be a brat to you. Not me. I’m not getting bitten, kicked, or pawed out at today and not be able to do anything about it.” She calmly watching the mare wiggle and paw in the cross ties.

{Here's a picture of a horse that my cousin got the other day}

561445_505242499492782_1471453931_n.jpg

Aaron snorted. "Oh, please. Correct her all you want, she really is horrible. Avril has never kicked or bitten though. Not since I've owned her. She's a good girl." He folded his arms over his chest and studied her. "This is a test, Adrianna. If you want me tack her up, I gladly will. But you fail my test," he explained, patting Avril's muscular neck. The mare studied the girl, nostrils flaring. Her ears hovered over her skull, a sign of slight irritation and overall boredom. She knew she was going to be worked, and was merely waiting for the pads to be placed on her back. Avril was a good mare, but what Aaron left out was that she liked to press her weight against people. That was the test. He wanted to see how Adrianna would handle a naughty mare who threw her head and squished grooms against a wall.

(Ugh, look at that neck...Quarter cross? =))

She placed the saddle pad onto the mare that leaned slightly into her making Adrianna tap on her side to get her attention to move over.“Last time I was told a horse was a pain he was in the round pen not allowed to even go near people because of his attitude. It would make sense if she was unmannerly considering she’s your horse. Pushy people equal pushy horses…You can finish tacking your own horse. I’m not your damn guinea pig to test and prod at. Sorry Aaron.” She said before grabbing her phone in her back pocket because it was ringing. “Oh hey Mrs. Judy...Of course I’ll ride him until you get back from vacation. Bet it’s going to be pretty there, you take it easy.” She said as she walked down the hallway to the stallion named Colonels Lone Gun before hanging up the cell phone. She smirked at the way the stallion got up at the sound of someone’s voice like his father did. “Hey pretty boy.” She cooed placing the halter over her ears to lead him out and place him in the hallway crossties. After grooming him to perfection she went to get the saddle of the owner but it was obvious that it was new and unused. She could tell it wasn’t going to fit well on his body so she got a step stool and retrieved her old saddle that she used to ride Gunner in. She took a moment to sit it on a free saddle rack and wipe it down, getting the dust from the well oiled saddle. Kim placed it gently onto the stallion’s back even though it was a heavy training saddle.

{Yes he is Quarter horse and thoroughbred}

Aaron shook his head. "Too bad. I expected better from you. If you did, I'm sure you'd grow to love her. Put your damn phone on vibrate." He wasn't surprised she went right to that one horse....That one horse whose name always escaped him. Aaron didn't pay much attention to the Western horses, but Adrianna got lucky that his owners were leaving the state and gave her a pass to ride that stallion. He pat Avril's long skinny neck and straightened her pad, placing the second one on top of it. The ridiculasly present equestrian then put the saddle in place, walking around his horse multiple times to line it all up. The reason Avril didn't press Aaron against the wall was simply because he wouldn't let her. On a bad day, he would punch his horse off of him. What made that okay was that Aaron would never do anything to hurt his horse, and Avril was made up of muscle. Touching the mare's shoulder was like touching a warm rock.

Just as he clipped in the girth's last buckle, he caught Adrianna tacking up that horse of hers from the corner of his eye. Of course she was going riding. She was just told she could. The girl had no patience. "After a few days of working with him, I would suggest taking him on a trail. They're very nice; go for a flat one." He put the saddle's flap down and grabbed Avril's bridle. "I'll be working in the larger arena, go to the one by the field," he told her, unbuckling Avril's halter. Adrianna pissed him off. If she gave him attitude about his advice and order, he would probably have to kill her.

(Very nice =))

Users who are viewing this thread