The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears.

DuckieSue

"Day one. Its only day one." Adrianna muttered to herself as she slowly maneuvered the silver ZR1 over the gravel pathway and towards the barns. Her deep blue eyes scanned the seemingly calm estate for someone or something to give her directions. She was looking for an owner, or at least someone who could help her learn. Daddy Dearest had agreed to pay for the rent. Reasonable payments anyways.

Stifling a yawn, she shifted the sportscar to park and leaned back in the black leather seats. It was still pretty early in the morning, the sun barely peeking out above the clouds. Adrianna realized that probably no one was up this early. And why the hell was she on private property anyways? Shit. Whatever. It was time to abandon this fruitless attempt. Just as she was about to shift the sportscar into reverse and get the hell outta there, she saw movement near the open barn doors.

One little horse. Two little horses.

Someone was leading them out. A woman, by the looks of it. "Well. Here we go." With a flick of her wrist, she resolutely turned off the engine and extracted her keys. She had no desire to learn how to work with horses but she knew that this wasn't a task she could procrastinate. Her father would see right through her if she didnt know exactly what she was talking about or doing. She had a year, but with some good behavior... maybe she could get dad to lessen her sentence by 6months. Six months in this cold hell wouldnt be too bad, right?
Right.

Adrianna opened the door and slipped a pair of heels on. Driving barefoot was, in her opinion, one of life's simple pleasures. Reaching into the passenger seat she pulled a leather jacket out of the mess and slipped that on too. It took her one more second to wipe her designer glasses clean and step out into the sunlight. Placing a smirk on her lush lips and confidence she didnt quite feel into her step, she shut the Corvette's door and made her way towards the barn.

Hopefully these people were nice to trespassing strangers.

~A Day Later~

The morning air
was somewhat refreshing and still. The hatred for being here didn't allow her to enjoy the sight that she walked outside to. The scene of the horses galloping around in the pasture, with the fog setting close to the ground. The owner that used to have a thing for her father gave her some clothing and boots to come to the barn in. Her city ways made her laugh faintly at the cowgirl boots that placed on her feet, before heading to the barn queitly through the damp fog. When she arrived at the barn, the first thing she saw was a monster of a horse held by the owner of the estate. "Ready to get that pretty little designer top all dirty princess?" The boss woman mused handing her the reins of the horse. "I'm sorry. I think we have a confussion here. I'm just here to work not learn to ride a damn horse." Adrianna snapped lightly, pushing the horses muzzle gently away from her as he nuzzled her lower back. "Shug that is work. This horse is green, meaning he doesn't know how to ride. Ya'll can learn together. How bout that hun? Don't worry to much I'm paying a worker to help you learn how to break the horse. His waiting in the round pen for ya. Good luck." She said with a laughing tone to her voice before she walked away. Adrianna turned to look at the horse that sat at less 16.2 hands. He nickered joyfully throughout the barn but right in her ear which made her cringe faintly. "Shut the hell up." She snarled jerking the reins allowing the stallion to prance beside her. When they reached the round pen the stallion had just gotten more excited about being around people. Adrianna couldn't help but snatch at the reins trying to get the stallion to settle but it just got him more wilded up. She glanced at the man in the round pen which was laughing at the scene. "Sir can you please stop laughing long enough to help me out with this thing?"She called over the stallion's nickers of joy.

0_447bb_e80fc0ae_orig.jpg
11_o&91;1&93;_wa.jpg
playful-paint-sm.jpg

{I just need someone that wants to roleplay as the guy that helps her out but isn't too fond of her in the begining.}

This seems fun...Western, though, right? Or English / Western? I'm an English snob, Sue X) Unless you want to put up with my failed attempts at Western~

{Yes it's going to be English because it's alittle more proper, go ahead and post a reply if you're interested}

The girl was hilarious. Sure, it was rather infuriating that she thought yanking the reins would calm the stallion down. "It's difficult, Princess," he called, taking the reins from her and stroking the stallion, trying to calm him down. "You're doing everything wrong." He laughed and clicked his tongue, then pressed his weight against the stallion's side, moving him over so both he and his new handler could face the girl. Once they were aligned as straight as possible, he stroked the stallion's neck and looked at the girl. Her shoulders were slumped; arms crossed and face creased with frustration. Usually, that would be unattractive in many people, but it didn't work for her. This girl was seriously pretty.

He jerked his hand out towards her and gave her a smirk. "My name is Aaron. You're Alexandria, right?" That was her name, wasn't it? Alexandra....Alejandra....Adrian, perhaps? No. No, it was definitely Alexandria. He couldn't remember why she was here...A punishment of sorts? He was only half listening. Either way, it was his job to teach her how to ride. And by the looks of her, she was probably going to...Well. Suck at it.

(Okay, thanks, Duckie c:)

Adrianna couldn’t help but feel a bit relieved when he took the reins from her hands. “Difficult my ass. This is damn right insane.”She snapped. In her mind the horse was like a demon right out of hell. She didn’t see the point in horses. They were just stupid animals in her mind. She tried to calm her mind as she crossed her arms over her chest firmly. Her rage hadde layed her realizing what he had called her. The name Princess was so familiar.

The beautiful woman sat quietly at the make-up desk, getting ready to go out dancing with Adrianna’s father. She looked up from the foundation she was about to place onto her face. She smiled tenderly as she turned her head to see Adrianna’s youthful frame sleeplessly in the doorway. “What are you doing up Princess?”Adrianna’s mother asked sweetly, motioning for her to sit in her lap. Adrianna followed the requested gesture as she tried to wipe the sleep from her young eyes. “I couldn’t sleep momma.” She responded as she climbed into her laplooking at her in the mirror. “Do you think I’m going to be as pretty as you are momma?” Adrianna asked as her mother ran her slender finger through her fine hair. “Prettier. Just you wait Princess. Look we have the same eyes. Do you see that?” She asked as she kissed Adrianna’s cheek. They both jumped at the ear-splitting noise of the bedroom door swing roughly open. “Are you still not ready? Obviously not, your hair’s a mess and what is that you’re wearing?”Her father snarled pulling Adrianna from his wife’s lap recklessly before placing her outside of their bedroom. The door closing in front of her face didn’t faze her, the continuous yelling did.

“If I’m doing everything wrong then how about you explain exactly what I need to do to be right Mr. Smartass.” She said with a little calmer tone to her voice as he faced her. She shook his hand, still unable to get rid of the light rage about being there. “Adrianna Thompson. Let’s get a few things straight here. The boss woman said that I was going to be riding this here horse. She also included that it wasn’t broke to ride. This is my guess, that you’re going to break in the horse and I’m going to watch until six months later I have to ride it once before I leave. Sounds like plan. I’m glad we have that established. Now lead the way to wherever we need to go with this thing.”She said in a smooth tone with a light smile. She could tell by his eyes he wasn’t a push over. It wasn’t going to be easy to convince him to do something other than what his ordered to.

Aaron couldn't help but bursting in to laughter. His sudden movement started the stallion, who shifted his weight on to his left side and pinned his ears. Aaron shook his head and, while still looking at Adrianna, placed his hand on the stallion's neck and stroked it. Adrianna....Right, that was her name. He thought he was getting somewhere when Adrian came in to the list of potential titles. She was a pretty girl, but after she started talking, bossing him around so early, and with such ease, all the attraction was drained in to a bucket and then tipped over. Now, he just saw a little brat who had probably never even een a horse before today.

"What's insane," he started, his brown eyes boring in to Adrianna's, "is that demand." His hand dropped from the stallion's and found the reins, sliding up to just below his chin. The rest of the reins were bunched neatly in to his left hand in neat loops. "
This is how it'll go down, Princess. I will teach you how to ride this horse, and you will teach him how to obey your commands. By the time we're done today, you'll be a master poster. Then, we'll work on trotting poles, jumping position...When I think you're ready, you'll canter and eventually start jumping." He jerked his chin at her. "Got it? Oh, and by the way," he added, shifting his own weight to match the stallion's position. "This?" He pat the stallion's black neck. "This isn't a thing. This is a horse. He's probably equivalent to split ends and ripped nails in your mind, but you're gonna ride him anyway. This is a stallion named Eagle. Do we....Understand each other?" Aaron gave her a smile and stood straight. "Now? Now, I get to show you the arena and try to teach you how use a magical little device called a mounting block."

He started walking, having to give Eagle a gentle tug to get him walking. "Follow me, Princess." He handed Adrianna the reins and opened the door to the round pen, swinging it open to make room for Eagle. "I'll let you take him - it's important to learn how to lead a horse. First, move to his left side. Don't wrap the lead around your hands, okay? If he spooks, you could get hurt. And...Slide your right hand up under his chin. Easy enough, right?" He smirked and walked out of the pen, holding the door from the other side. "Oh, one other thing," he added as she walked out. "Do
not yank on the reins. Period. Ever. It's border line animal abuse - that's why he freaked out." Aaron smirked again and closed the gate, then walked beside Adrianna, leading the way to the outdoor arena. "And don't go directly in front of him. Am I missing anything?" He dramacally put his hand up and scratched his head, making a pointy that he was thinking. "Nope. That's it for now." He dropped his hand and looked at her. "Think you can handle it?"

( Hope you don't mind that I named the horse. I would name a horse with that particular coat Eagle, but if don't like it, it can change (: )

"I'm asking nicely here, please don't call me Princess. Adri will be just fine." She said calmly.

Adri couldn't help but look lightly away from Aaron talking. She had never been quite this rude to someone that she had just met. Truth was she had never talked to someone besides her step mother like she was talking to him. She couldn’t deny why she acting like she was. It is all because of fear. Fear of falling, fear of looking stupid, and fear of just horses in general. She always hated showing fear. She had always thought they were gorgeous animals but not something that you would want to get on in the right mind. In her mind they were like snow leopards, pleasing to the eyes but also deadly. Sighing lightly as she allowed him to hand her the reins but she keep her distance from the horse. She was out of biting distance so it allowed her to have a little comfort to walking him even though she wasn’t leading him as instructed. Adri reasoned in her head if she just went along with his instructions most of the time everything would go smoother. At this point she didn’t care that the guy would possibly get satisfaction fromher not saying anything back. All she was worried about was getting on and off the horse safely. The fear was eating her up inside as she led Eagle to the socalled mounting block. The fear didn’t show through her body language though. It didn’t take her long to realize what the plastic stairs were used for. “You sure we can’t just get used to leading right now. Take one step at time?” She questioned with a little shakiness to her voice before she looked to Aaron realizing it wasn’t going to happen.

{No thats fine, sorry my reply is short.}

Aaron studied her face. He folded his arms over his chest and let his dark hair fall over his face, tanned from working outside. "Are you nervous?" he asked her, his tone rather neutral. This was normal - he had wondered if she hated horses, but, of coure, no one hates horses. Only "tough guys" and soulless people hated horses. Even people who just didn't like them had to respect their power and mark on history. Horses had brains, beauty, strength, grace...

"Don't be nervous, he's a gentle horse. I'll be here the whole time, and-" He paused and walked over to the fence, grabbing something from the post. "You get to wear this." Aaron handed her a helmet, and took Eagle's reins. "Always wear a helmet." It was actually his helmet, so the extra room wasn't the safest thing in the world. Besides - they were only walking and trotting today. Aaron only wore his helmet if he was jumping or in a show, but he figured he had to get Adrianna on the horse
somehow, and the helmet was what he had thought of. "Now, unless you want me to get you a cross country vest for unnessaccary inurance, I will," he teased lightly, then moved to Eagle's right side and pressed his weight againt the horse, clicking his tongue againt the roof of his mouth. Once the bi-colored stallion was only a few inches from the block, he walked back around and scooted the block a little closer.

"So,
Adri," Aaron started, tossing the reins over Eagle's head. The horse was pleasantly calm for a stallion. He flinched a bit when Aaron tossed the reins up, but was much calmer as the boy grabbed a handful of his mane and looked back at Adrianna. "What you have to do is grab the reins and a bit of mane." Aaron walked around Eagle to show her, keeping his other hand in the stallion's streaked mane. "Put your left foot in the stirrup, your right hand on the saddle, and swing your self up. Do you need any help?" Aaron took the reins back over Eagle's hand and stood back next to Adrianna, jerking the reins her way to encourage her to do it herself. He wanted to get her walking fast, and the sooner a stallion was moving and warmed up, the better.

The stallion turned his neck tojust look at Adri contently. At that moment she sort of felt sorry for him having to be ridden by a beginner. It didn’t seem fair to the horse. Adri shook off the thought because in her mind horses didn’t have feelings. She didn’tanswer about being nervous because if he asked about it he would have had to seen it written on her expressions. She slightly raised a brow at the helmet that he handed her with a slight smirk. “Well isn’t this just plain sexy.” Shemurmured about the helmet as she placed it on her head before buckling it up.Anything that you have to wear a helmet for, you should be a little cautious about. “Only a vest? How about just a couple of layers of bubble wrap around my entire body instead?” She mused with a faint smirk. She got onto the mounting block, grabbing the reins first before hesitating. “If he kills me it’s on you,just saying. Want to go back to just leading again with that on your shoulders now?” She teased as she placed her foot in the left stirrup before swiftly swinging right leg around to the other side. She bent her back down to adjust the stirrup lightly to her foot before looking back at Aaron. A faint confidence came creeping to her as she gently tapped her heels against the sides of the horse. Eagle in result started calmly walking to the side of the round pen. Adri looked down at her hands trying to find the proper way to hold the reins but with little success. “Your advice would be surprisingly useful here.” She said.

Aaron couldn't help but laugh again. It was probably an insensitive thing of him to do, but he couldn't help it. "A cross country vest is big and bulky and only a few layers of padding away from being bulletproof. It's to protect the ribs and organs - cross country can take a serious toll. It's a lot more dangerous than jumping or hunting." He paused. "I'm an eventer." He rolled his eyes when she pointed out that if Eagle killed her, it'd be his fault. At that, he snorted. "Please, if you fall off walking, I'll pay you."

When Adrianna started the horse walking, he couldn't help but feel a strong pang of annoyance. He sighed dramatically and grabbed the bridle's cheek-piece, pulling it back a bit. Eagle, who was just a bit confused, obediently stopped walking. "Did I say you could walk? I have to fix your stirrups. Move your foot," he scolded, then took her foot out of the stirrup. He tightened it about an inch, then counted the notches in the leather. Fifth hole. Aaron put her foot back and positioned it correctly; the balls of her feet in the stirrup instead of her toes, as she had it before. He walked to the other side and did the same thing; the stirrup leather through the fifth notch and adjusting the position of her foot. "Keep your heels down. And remember, this is important. You are
not hanging on with your hands. You are steering the horse with your hands and hanging on with your legs. In Western, you hang on with your knees, which is what you were doing. No knees. None." He walked a few feet in front of Eagle and made sure the stirrups were even, then walked around to Eagle and Adrianna's left side. He stuck two fingers underneath the girth against Eagle's barrel. It was nice and tight, but gave Eagle room to move and breathe. He looked back at Adrianna.

"Tighten the reins. Don't be afraid to really pull his head in. It looks good, and helps you steer." He grabbed the reins by Eagle's head and drew them in for her, making sure she saw how to tighten them. Collecting was important. Eagle put up a bit of a fight, tossing his head and jostling Aaron's arm, but eventually gave in and drew his head. "Don't worry about Eagle - he'll get used to it. I'll leave it a bit loose for now, just so he can get the feel of it. Remember that this is
work for him, so don't be afraid to really boss him around. As for your fingers," he said, dropping his hands from the reins. "Tuck your pinkies underneath the reins, and keep your thumbs above the leather." Aaron put his hands in the air and demonstrated, his fingers curled as if they were holding leather, and his elbows drawn in close to his body. "When you get that down, then you can walk. And no sooner, Princess. You'll thank me later."

( If I was wrong about Western positioning, please correct me
xD

I must say, Aaron's smart ass rants are fun to write. )

Adrianna was so used to holding herself on with her knees that she didn’t really need stirrups. The more time past on the back of the horse she felt the memories come up that she so desperately wanted to forget. In the short time she was walking the movement slapped her mind back into the memories.

“Just go with the music darling. Good luck.”Her trainer said patting the gelding that Adrianna owned since she was five. Adrianna smiled seeing the crowd stand waiting for her to actually enter the cover arena as the music started playing. “Let’s do our thing shug.” Adrianna whispered to her gelding that didn’t have a single bit of tack on his tri-colored body. Her routine was fairly simple. First just a figure eight with lead changes and then just the normal things the judges wanted to see in the reining business.

When Aaron grabbed Eagle’s bridle she pulled back lightly to help out. His smart comments helped her mind stay in the present as he walked her through the dos and don’ts of the discipline. When she did everything he wanted her to she felt really proper and uncomfortable at first but she got the feel to it without delay. She didn’t like one bit that you had to be in the horse’s mouth the whole time you’re riding. When he said that this was work to the horse he got what he was meaning but she thought it should be at least a little enjoyable for horse. She shook of the feelings as she smirked faintly as she started walking again once she found it was safe for her not to get stopped in the process. “So you don’t do much with your legs when it comes to direction. You just pull in his mouth? Is there any ‘ask and then demand’ method that you all do with reins that western does with their feet?” She asked mentally hitting herself for asking such a thing. She didn’t want anybody to know she had ridden before. Adrianna didn’t want to have to explain herself.

Aaron stood in the middle of the arena, watching her walk around with Eagle. "Lead changes. But, since you're a beginner, you won't be doing those for a while. If Eagle doesn't, let's say, turn for you, then what you should do is give him a little kick. As you progress, we'll work on hiding the commands with your feet. We'll do that with another horse, since Eagle will only understand the basic commands. With the reins, you are controlling his head, and the way he moves his feet." He paused and watched her on Eagle. She looked rather....Awkward on top of him. He cracked a smile. "Keep him on the fence. Don't let him cut the corners. He'll try to be lazy with you....Always look where you're going. Don't look down. Don't look at me. Look straight ahead, and, when you get to the turn, look to the right and put pressure on the bit." Aaron stopped and thought a moment, looking for an answer for her question with his eyebrows knit. "I am not sure but I am almost positive that only a handful of Western sports steer with their legs exclusively; like reining. I used to do Western for a bit, but it wasn't for me. Eventing is my sport....So don't ask me questions about that discipline." He forced a laugh and shifted his weight. "Do you want to try trotting?"

Adrianna had tried everything from hunt seat on Quarter horse to English on Saddle breeds when it comes to prim and proper disciplines. She went to western because once the horse established that he was suppose to hold his head in a low comfortableposition they looked more relaxed. Riding western actually felt like the horse was content in doing his job. Eagle had his ears slightly pinned at the bit in his mouth holding him back from trotting. She could tell that this certain horse had a lot of energy but he was very well mannered even though his mindset was jacked up. She couldn’t help but smirk at him calling her a beginner. She was a beginner to this horse only she was just acting like she didn’t know so everything would go easily as planned. Some of her wanted to ride professionally like she used to but it would clearly reveal her experience level. “Sure deal if you don’t make me do two-point.” She said without thinking. She ignored her brain to be dumb and not know anything. Her experience and natural ability took faintly over as she clucked, effortlessly getting on the correct diagonal. The only thing she had to quickly get used to was posting with her calves instead of her knees.

Aaron snorted. "Two-post? That's a fancy phrase, Princess." He crossed his arms over his chest and knit his eyebrows. "How long since you've last ridden?" Aaron wasn't stupid. He could tell that she didn't want him to know she used to ride, but come on. Girls who have never ridden before don't use phrases like "two-post". She was on the correct diagonal, and was already posting with Eagle's rhythm. Stupid girl. She let her guard down, and it slipped. He knew no one hated horses. Not even the girl who was forced to be here. The only thing that had him stumped, though, was how she grew to dislike riding so much.

(Stupid dialog...)

She sighed deeply as she listened to his voice. Even though she knew she messed up she was still enjoying the young stallion. She loved noticed where his pros and cons were in his riding. She easily bumped him up into a steady trot. She glanced to him turning in a tiny circle, making sure the pace stayed even. “Two years.” She said sighing lightly before letting the horse walk a little to catch his breath. It was obvious that he wasn’t used to exercise yet. “I worked on pretty much every discipline beside dressage. When I knew everything there was to possibly know I would move on to another one. I just got bored with everything except for reining and barrel racing. “She said patting the stallion’s neck trying to see what he was comfortable with and what he wasn’t. “Colonels Smoking Gun aka Gunner was my gelding for ten years.” To the people that have anything to do with horses would know her gelding’s name. He was a world champion with western pleasure, reining, barrels, and poles. He was just an all around known horse.

"Impressive, Princess," Aaron admitted, watching her work with Eagle's strengths. He had to scrape his brain for the name she fed him, but soon recognized it. Colonel's Smoking Gun was about as famous as Hot Shot, that barrel racer. " Show me jumping position," he demanded, wanting to know exactly how good she got at show jumping. Aaron was jumping five feet, four for cross country. He was trying not to judge Adrianna in a harsh manner. He really was trying. But....She bounced between disciplines, and owned a famous horse. Then, she showed up at the barn he boarded and rode at two years later, as a punoshment, holding up a weak "I hate horses" act. Aaron couldn't wrap his mind around it, or her motives for playing dumb. If he didn't find out soon, he could see himself going mad. "Why did you stop riding?"

She did exactly what he pleased as she moved her moved to an excellent jumping position. Her body weight into her heels. “Six feet is the highest I’ve jumped.”She had always been trained by the best. After not riding for two years her body was not as strong as it used to be with the movements but she ignored the pain. The enjoyment of riding keep the pain level low as so sped up into a trot in the same position and eventually the canter. She brought the stallion back to walk as she sat back with a normal posture. “I’m not here to talk about myself. Again with the ‘Princess’ shit, please stop it’s pretty damn annoying to tell the truth.” She said with a light smirk. “Give me something that I actually have to work on with him or it’s going to be three lazy ass months.”

Now Aaron was mad. He wasn't sure what the cause was exactly, but his temper flared. "Shut up and cool him down. He's a young horse, and I'm surprised he's being so good for you. Stop cantering. Stop doing shit by yourself, and stop doing what Adrianna wants to do. Adrianna has to do what Aaron says and keep within Eagle's limits. Six feet my ass," he snapped, the tips of his ears going hot. "How about I call you spoiled brat instead of Princess? If you're already trained, then the point is now to train Eagle. Stop him while I set up the damn poles." When Aaron was mad, he would usually scream at the culprit until he was blue in the face, then start to calm down again. This time, for Eagle's sake, he kept his volume level and didn't raise his voice. Adrianna was horrible. He had just met her, and she was horrible.

Aaron had about seven poles in place. They were spaced by about a yard, and curved slightly to the right. "Trot over the poles in jumping posistion. Go through the middle. Don't waste any more of my time," he demanded, going back to his spot in the middle of the ring, the color slowly draining from his face. It was going to be a long year.

She could not help but laugh at his temper showing through his voice and actions. She watched Eagle’s ears pin backward listening to his tone of voice. “It’s okay Mr. Know It All is just having a hissy fit.” She said with a cheery tone to her voice as she patted the stallion’s neck. As Aaron went to go set up the poles she stopped him as he requested but she dismounted quietly. She rather muck stalls all day long instead of hearing his voice. “He’s been doing good, leave it at that. Steering and gates is enough to cover with him today. Why the hell would you start on poles when he doesn’t even know transitions? You don’t have to rush his training because you don’t like the person on him. Call me anything but Princess, if spoiled brat fits me in your mind go ahead and give me that label.” She said taking off his helmet and handing it to him. She led the stallion back to the barn she came in from, taking off the bridle gently before putting on a random halter. “You were such a good boy.” She murmured before looking down the hallway to a man that was loading hay into the feed room. “Excuse me sir? Can you tell me where the tack room is please?”She question before smiling brightly at the guy that answered her carelessly. “Adri? Damn you look good darling. Why the hell are you back out here? Are you training again?” Ryan asked placing down the hay bell to walk closer to her before pulling her into a firm hug. “Long story shug. Let me just say that so far it’s been a living hell.” She said as she pulled away to take the rest of the tack off of Eagle. “Sounds like you, me, and a few drinks wouldn’t hurt tonight then.” He said taking the tack from her, putting it away. She smirked before he kissed her lips, “See ya later then.” He said smoothly. She glanced at him get back to work as she sat down on a mounting block waiting for Aaron to come yelling at her. Would she care? Nope not at all. The only thing she needed was the stall number that he wanted Eagle in.

He watched her leave, trying to calm himself down. It took effort, but it wouldn't be fair to Eagle to start screaming at her. He cursed and put the poles away, then walked back to the barn, still huffing. He had calmed down quite a bit, but his temper flared up again when he walked in to the barn and saw her untacking Eagle. That was when he remembered how pissed off he was. "You have no right to use that halter, Princess," he snapped, his voice a lot calmer than he had expected it to be. Aaron was going to keep calling her Princess - just becase it pissed her off. "It's my horse's halter. You really are completely selfish. Go muck a stall or something. Do your job, and I'll take care of Eagle." Aaron shoved past her, a bit more aggressively than he had meant to, and grabbed Eagle's halter, sliding it on to his arm. He took ahold of the one Eagle was wearing and unclipped it, keeping a hand in the stallion's mane. After the proper halter was put in place and clipped in to the cross ties, Aaron looked back to where Adrianna stood. "Seriously. Beat it."

Adrianna watched his body language as he came through the barn doors with a little smirk, to her this was all a game. She couldn’t help but stand at him calling her ‘Princess’ again. This was luckily going to be the last time he would call her by that name. Him using that to degrade her feelings towards the name was the worst thing he had done to her so far. “Princess was what my mother called me while she was alive. I would highly appreciate if you could find some other thing to upset me or you can just be a heartless jerk. I’m completely selfish? Did you not learn sharing in kindergarten? “She said calmly before she started laughing lightly as he pushed by her. When he told her to go somewhere else some part of her just wanted to stick around just to pick his nerves. “Seriously stop being such a jackass. It’s very unattractive.” She said with smirk as she went to go help Ryan with the hay. "What's up with Aaron?" Ryan asked handing her a bell as he was retrieving them from the back of the truck.

Okay, maybe the name "Princess" had to go. If he wasn't so mad, he would have felt awful. But, he was mad, and the only thing he could think right now was that she deserved the nickname. Aaron sneered at her as she walked over to Ryan, who asked what was wrong with him. His scowl deepened, but he took a breath before going near Eagle again. The poor horse.

Aaron undid Eagle's girth and hung it on the hook, then removed his saddle and pads. Eagle needed extra aupport, and had two pads and a cotton cushion underneath the saddle. He laid the girth and pads out to dry in the sun, then put the saddle and bridle away in the tack room. When everything was all put away, he moved Eagle to the wash rack and turned on the hose, his fingers running under the water to test the temperature. As he ran the stream over Eagle's body, he decided that the owner would know exactly what happened in the ring. Stupid girl....

The tips on her fingers wrapped underneath each of the strings of the bell. She smirked watching his muscles flex as he handed her another one before looking back at Aaron. She shook her head feeling bad for not being able to untack the horse she rode because of the jackass. Being here was already boring enough but with a Ryan that used to have the cutest crush on her would be lightly fun to play around with. "Do you remember when we raced the horses back to the barn when it started pouring when we were at the lake?" She asked with a lightly serious tone. Did she really like this guy? Nope she just wanted to have a little fun. Ryan was way too simple for her. When she first met him, she had to sit with him for hours talking about himself. She didn't have a problem with someone talking about theirself but for hours it kinda gets annoying. "Of course I do. Gunner looked like he had the time of his life...I'm sorry to hear about him though." He said getting off the tailgate before pulling her slender waist to him. "Shit happens. It's been two years since the accident. Let's get the horses fed them we can talk about why you're still working at this show barn." She said breaking one of the bells open handing him two flakes for each stall. She just remembered what they used to feed them, hopefully it was the same amount. Truth was she just didn't want to talk about Gunner. In her mind Gunner was dead because of her and nothing would change her mindset about the situation.

Aaron released a sigh and left Eagle dripping for just a moment to grab a sweat scraper. He started with the horse's legs, and moved his way up. Underneath the barrel. Along the sides. Eagle's hindquarters. His neck. Along his back. Once all the water was scraped off, he put the tool away and grabbed Eagle's lead rope off a hook. "Hey, Ryan," Aaron called, unclipping the cross ties. "Do any of the other horses have to be grazed? I'm taking Eagle out now." Trusting Ryan would be loud enough to be heard outside, Aaron took Eagle out to the front of the barn and let him graze. He watched the stallion rip apart the yard, then wander to a new area with fresher grass. So that he wouldn't develop a salivatory problem of any sort, Aaron led he horse away from clovers. It was cute when horses drooled, but a big stallion like Eagle didn't have to do that all day. After Eagle started slowing down, Aaron pulled his head up and lead him back inside; fighting his appetite with gentle but assertive tugs the whole way. Once Eagle was put away in stall 3, Aaron looked to Ryan, avoiding looking at Adrianna for his sanity's sake.

(Happy Birthday! And fourth =))

Users who are viewing this thread