• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Wild One--long term & skilled writing partner wanted

Elowyn

word weaver
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Looking for a partner to play a story through to its completion.

First of all, requirements and qualifications. DO NOT REPLY IF YOU DO NOT MEET SUCH REQUIREMENTS.

1. Be literate. Correct use of grammar and punctuation. An extensive vocabulary is valued.
  2. Be 17+ years old. Because I want to explore more mature content matter with greater complexity and nuance.
  3. Commitment. Please include in your response how long you have stayed with one role-play group or story. If you have completed a story of your own making, also include number of pages.
  4. Understanding of complex characters. Be able to write deep, nuanced characters who have many different facets. Understand how humans work and then be able to convey that through language. Be able to write good relationships and know how to build them, including points of tension and conflict which are gradually resolved over time.
  5. Communication skills. Please please communicate to me if you are having any issues or if you will be gone for any length of time (reason not required, length of vacancy appreciated). I don't bite (much) and am by and large very forgiving and will not get mad. However, if you don't expect to put this story as one of your commitments that you will follow through on, do not respond. In other words, don't drop on me. That's the most important thing. If you have read the previous few sentences write "avocado" in your response.
  6. PMs only!

...Without further ado, I present to you my kernel of a story:
"Wilde"

She is a half-mythical monster, the product of a mixed coupling that should never exist. Said to be extremely beautiful in appearance to "enthrall young men with desire" and cursed as a witch or worse, demon.

A young (or not so young) man finds this creature (who he believes to be an ordinary human girl, if exquisitely formed) who is wounded and ailing from some unknown disease. She speaks very little, and doesn't have a good grasp of the human tongue. He soon finds out that she is not, in fact, human--feel free to take this and interpret however you'd like. Taking her to whatever safe haven he can, she soon finds herself the talk of the albeit small town. As she recovers under his care and protection, he must fend off slave merchants and other people who have not-so-kind interests towards her. Gradually he realizes that she is extremely powerful when in good health, and not just physically. She has mental abilities that conclusively put her in the 'inhuman' category, and he soon realizes what she is: a Wildling.

Later rather than sooner the story comes out that she was abandoned by a previous soul whom she served loyally. He ended up trying to kill her, which totally shattered her. The legend goes that she will prove loyal, even putting her life on the line, if a young man [fulfills some requirement]. But the height of her powers can only be revealed when she uses them to protect, not to harm. As a Wildling, her powers are unstable as are her emotions. The part of her that is ruled by violence, emotion, and hate is called the "Beast-side." Her powers and emotions have a moderate amount of correlation. E.g. when angered she can release a plume of fire. Thus begins the laborious journey towards trust and a mutual bond. The trust-bond is realized in thought-speak, meaning that they can communicate thoughts, ideas, feelings, and images to each other without speaking, which turns out is how her last master communicated to her. Each can detect if the other is experiencing strong emotion of some sort and when wounded. To some degree as the bond deepens, they will also feel their pain whether emotional or physical.

Eventually this ends up as a romance and stuff happens. The trust-bond will be 'completed' and they are married. So the tale goes...

I suppose it's a bit of a reverse Beauty and the Beast, now that I look back on it. XD Expect romance, terrible & twisted plots by the villagers or people in positions of power, etc.

Roles: I'm currently looking for someone who can write a male lead well. The character is overall up to you, but keep in mind the setting is a small-mid sized agrarian village.

DQyHFGNUEAANJnh.png

w i l d e

"beastling" - WILD

She is a creature of legends. A half-mythical monster, the product of a mixed coupling that should never exist. Said to be extremely beautiful in appearance to "enthrall young men with desire" and cursed as a witch or worse, demon.

A young (or not so young) man finds this creature (who he believes to be an ordinary human girl, if exquisitely formed) who is wounded and ailing from some unknown disease. She speaks very little, and doesn't have a good grasp of the human tongue. He soon finds out that she is not, in fact, human--feel free to take this and interpret however you'd like. Taking her to whatever safe haven he can, she soon finds herself the talk of the albeit small town. As she recovers under his care and protection, he must fend off slave merchants and other people who have not-so-kind interests towards her. Gradually he realizes that she is extremely powerful when in good health, and not just physically. She has mental abilities that conclusively put her in the 'inhuman' category, and he soon realizes what she is: a Wildling.

Later rather than sooner the story comes out that she was abandoned by a previous soul whom she served loyally. He ended up trying to kill her, which totally shattered her. The legend goes that she will prove loyal, even putting her life on the line, if a mortal saves her life. This mortal becomes the one who wields this supernatural beauty and gains the status of "Cerberus." Traditionally, the position of Cerberus has passed through the royal lineage, always to a male heir, thus inviting the phrase "Cerberus Prince." But the height of her powers can only be revealed when she uses them to protect, not to harm. As a Wildling, her powers are as stable or unstable as her emotions. The part of her that is ruled by violence, emotion, and hate is called the "Beast-side." Her powers and emotions are correlated. E.g. when angered she can release a plume of fire.

Thus begins the laborious journey towards trust and a mutual bond. The trust-bond is realized in thought-speak, meaning that they can communicate thoughts, ideas, feelings, and images to each other without speaking, which turns out is how her last master communicated to her. Each can detect if the other is experiencing strong emotion of some sort and when wounded. They are also able to locate the other when all other senses are stripped away via the mindlink. To some degree as the bond deepens, they will also feel their pain whether emotional or physical. At the deepest level, they are able to share memories.

s w e e t

code by pasta

Last edited:
bump! PM only if you're a fairly skilled writer, please!

Update:
I no longer need a male lead to play WILDE. However, I am still interested and open to long term partners who want to wordcraft with me.

Hello? Is this still open? Um, I'd like to do an RP with you.

Hi. I would be interested and I really wanns play with you. I am still waiting for my thing to be accepted so. If you need a sample could you send me a PM? Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back