• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The White Rangers

Gavin watched as the figure hopped down from his hiding place and walked forward, revealing a rather well-armed man. He eyed Fen as the wolf started to growl, but Gavin put a hand on his companion's back. "Calm." He said in as soothing a voice as he could. The wolf went beck to his happy-go-lucky self and casually turned his attention towards the fight. Gavin watched out of the corner of his eye as the fight went on, making sure that it didn't get too out of hand. Considering these people would be his new teammates, it'd probably be counter intuitive to let one of them, or perhaps all of them, get hurt. The half-dragon reached out his hand as the man came forward. "I'm Gavin, nice to meet you."

@GoonSquadI

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucius hesitated to shake the Gavin's hand as he wasn't one for physical greetings. Lucius shook Gavin's and replied "Lucius grey, I was told this was the meeting place for the white rangers." Lucius looked over at the battle happening to his right. "Seems like you guys have already gotten acquainted. From what I see you all are a lively bunch." Lucius looked back over Gavin. "So what about you? Why aren't you in on that battle? You seem like you can hold your own. Why stay in the sidelines, Why not try to stop them from tearing each other apart?" Lucius gestured at the battle.

@Redrobinwing

Freed was getting tired of this man and wanted to cease this childlike fight. It was actually getting annoying, so he walked up next to the boy with the dog. The boy had never joined in the fight, so he assumed the boy was a good kid. He then noticed that Gavin had said his name to a man up in a tree. This was suspicious to him, but since the man was not attacking anyone, he dropped it. Freed then sat down and let the tree then fell to his side. He watched the wizard and female go at it with a sort of comedic tone. A thought soon crossed his mind "Why were we all brought here anyway?"

Yeah, there was no way she was going to join them and back out of this. The day was finally starting to get fun. Until her opponent either gave up, or until someone who legitimately was trying to stop them spoke up, Sera would continue down this road of adrenaline and slight stupidity. Because it was fun.

Although, the rock surprised her. A lot. It hardly did any damage, but the sudden stinging sensation that she felt on her jaw freaked her out for a good second or two. But then, the girl remembered that she was up against a Mage; and so she should've steeled herself against such attacks in the first place. Getting hit that time around had been her own mistake. Still, Sera couldn't help but feel a little bit of frustration towards the other for using such an underhanded trick. It didn't do much against her, but it was still stupidly dirty. The smile that she wore grew, and took on a slightly colder edge.

"Be my guest~." As long as she got a good fight out of him before dying, the girl couldn't really care less. There was still a bit of distance that she had to clear between them before getting close enough to actually land a hit. It wasn't much, but even if she moved the fastest that she could, Redren would still have a little bit of time to dodge; or pull some other magic trick out of his pocket. So, she decided to stoop to his level for a moment, and use a dirty little trick in order to buy some time.

It was a short, swift action. All Sera did was kick the ground and drive up as much dirt and leaves that she physically could. But, for a split second, it became a bit harder to see
anything. And that was even without the stuff getting in someone's eyes. Taking advantage of the temporary veil, the mercenary darted forward; veering to the left a little bit so that her position wasn't immediately obvious. And then, when she was close enough, she swung both of her swords; aiming once again for his torso. And, because she was nice, she decided not to immediately kill him, and to use the non-deadly flat sides of the weapons.

@TwistedTruth

Redren look at the girl a bemused grin on his lips as she had a fit, kicking up dirt and leaves. Maybe she was having a moment? Was he too much for her? He probably was. At first it was cute how she was throwing a fit, that was until she kicked up an awful large cloud of dust. By the time he realized he couldn't see her anymore it was already to late. First thing he saw the the gleaming silver out of the dust storm, smacking into his side.His arm dropped instinctively the second strike from her other blade slamming into his Shoulder with a dull thwap and he carried the momentum from his shoulder falling, ducking and rolling away. If this was a real fight he would've been in it for sure. No wonder this girl had been summoned to the White Rangers, In a real fight he would definitely have to step up his game.

So that's just what he did. He wasn't one to let himself be beat. No. Not to the girl he was Impressing. Being a looser wasn't impressive at all. Redren, besides the bruised Ego he was now dealing with, had backed up a lot more then the first time. doing the one thing he knew would buy him time, He covered the ground in fire, Just the ground of the clearing, keeping the fire away from the trees. He no longer cared about the girls well being, he could cure a burn on someone else, he couldn't cure his reputation being damaged. Now he wouldn't be called heartless, he would Definitely give her ample time to surrender. Redren held his hand out as the flames in front of him dried out the ground, burning nothing now. They were absolutely Magical flames, if he was relying on wood for them to burn it was gone already. The flames were just
that hot. Slowly the field of Red was creeping forward to the Girl little by little, she would have to leave the clearing if she wanted to get out unscathed, at the same time Redren considered that retreat. A victory for himself. Keeping the fire controlled and inside the clearing was Difficult, Redren relied on focusing on just the flames. Its all he could to to not let them go out of control.

@Aridis

Rill made her way cautiously through the unfamiliar forest, wondering what had made her start this insane journey. Her mother hadn't protested her choice at all, assuring Rill that she would be fine at home while Rill searched for, what? Rill wasn't sure, but the tug that the odd message had kindled hadn't abated. Now as she closed in on what she thought was the right place, she began to second guess her choice.

"What am I doing here?" she thought as her eyes roved ceaselessly about. Before she could answer herself, Rill spotted signs that someone had come this way recently. Slowing her pace, Rill began to move as quietly as she could, as if she were stalking a deer. More signs appeared to her searching eyes as she stalked forward, and faint voices began to intrude on the sounds of the forest.

"The message said rangers, plural." Rill mused. "I wonder..."

A crash from ahead stopped musings, and she began to move a little more quickly, trying to stay quiet as she did so. There was supposed to be a clearing ahead according to the note. A strange sound came from ahead, and she smoke billow up. Suddenly the edge of the clearing was there. Fire. People. A statue? Rill sat down abruptly, barely a controlled fall as the strength left her legs.

"For this I left home? " she asked the universe in general.

Gavin looked to Lucius and was about to respond, but a glance at the fight made him freeze. It seemed the mage had taken things a bit farther than expected. Flames were creeping towards Sera and multiple other people. The half-dragon lept up and ran past Lucius, towards the center of the flames and in between the two combatants. As he ran through the fire on the field, Gavin brought his hands together and began making a small ball of cold winds and ice. As he focused more and more, it grew larger and larger until the ball became about as large as his head. With a leap into the center of the clearing, Gavin took a deep breath, spread out both of his hands, opened his mouth, and sent a blast of snow, ice, and strong winds throughout the clearing. His magic quickly extinguished the flames and spread bits of frost and snow onto the grass and nearby trees, ending a few feet away from where he had previously been sitting. The young man looked around to make sure that the fire was gone, and quickly sat on the floor when he noticed it was gone. After a few moments of trying to catching his breath, he looked to Sera and to the mage. "Please, don't do that again." He muttered in between gasps for air.

It was actually kind of amusing, how he chose to fight back. Falling, magically throwing pebbles at her... And now apparently setting fire to a forest was on the list. Due to the suddenness of it, she deducted that he had used his powers to start it; but whether or not he would be able to effectively control it was a different question. So far, the other seemed to have everything under control, but even she knew that concentration was a big part of being able to wield magic.

As the flames crept closer, Sera took a step back. She still had quite a bit of space before she would reach the edge of the clearing; but at the rate things were going, she either had to get out or get burned. Needless to say, the redhead began to be a bit more cautious. She was still having a blast, as things were quickly getting more and more interesting by the second. However, pain kind of took away a bit of the fun. And getting burned was one of those pains that stuck around for a while.

She was still trying to figure out how to get a hit or two in, when Gavin decided to step in and get rid of the flames. In the matter of seconds, the fires were put out, and the intense heat that had occupied the air immediately cooled down. Apparently the duo had gone a
bit too far with their fight.

Turning her attention toward Gavin, she smiled sheepishly. "Heh... Whoops?"

@Redrobinwing @TwistedTruth

Redren's concentration broke immediately as his flames were smothered. He stared at the area his flames had just been consuming, His gaze empty. no one had ever been able to put out his Flames. Pure magic in the form of Fire, absolutely gone. woosh. His fingers curled into a fist his expression getting darker as he had to swallow his pride. Obviously these people were Extraordinary, One of them had hit him with blades, the other over powered his magic. Redren plopped down on his butt feeling the Magic leave him. There it was again, he had lost his will power. Eventually he would get it back. He hoped. He glanced around his eyes resting on Gavin. Who was that boy? How was his Elemental magic stronger then Redren's? Was he a Magician? Since Redren's Magic had left him he could no longer read Gavin's aura. No idea about his skills or his magic use. Redren was completely Mortal, and he hated it. Being completely powerless, Even if momentarily it made him irritable.

@Redrobinwing @Aridis

As Lucius was finishing his sentence he felt warmth come from where the battle was happening. He looked over and was blinded by the huge inferno coming his way. As it was nearing him and Gavin time seemed to slow as he thought of how to dodge the monstrous flames. Grab Gavin and jump or dash leaving him behind. Lucius thought since he had just met Gavin he wasn't worth saving as it would require more effort to dodge the blast of fire with added weight. But before Lucius could act Gavin had jumped into the path of the flames and quickly extinguished them with a a ball of ice. Lucius stood and watched as the flames dissipated and a wave of cold air hit him. Gavin fell to the ground gasping for after casting the spell.

Lucius looked over and notice the stone figure standing near him. he made his way to him and asked the stone figure "Any idea what just happened?"

@Redrobinwing @FantasyDoctor

A flash of movement pulled Rill's attention to the center of the clearing and away from the non responsive universe. A young man was leaping INTO the flames? The figure did something with his hands and the flames, died. A rush of cold air blasted over her as Rill scrambled to her feet, her eyes wide. A female, whom the flames had obscured, looked slightly abashed as the young man sat down with a muttered comment Rill couldn't make out.

"Whoops, " drifted to her ears as the robed figure stared at the young man before abruptly sitting as well. Before she could grasp what was going on, another figure she hadn't noticed moved over to the statue? What was a statue doing at the edge of a forest clearing? The man was speaking to the statue?! Pulling her bow from its carrier, Rill set an arrow to string, then held the bow in her left hand, arrow pointing at the ground as she pushed her hair back with her right. Taking a deep breath, she stepped into the clearing.

"What kind of nixie nest is this? " she asked clearly.

The newest addition to the group kind of caused the redhead to jump. She was usually good about paying attention to her surroundings; but she had been distracted by her fight with Redren, and the woman that had appeared had been more stealthy about moving around than the average person. So, of course, Sera was a bit freaked out for a moment. However, she recovered quickly.

Seeing as though her opponent looked to be a bit... out of it, she deemed the situation safe enough to sheath her swords. "The best kind." The girl snickered. Even though the fight hadn't lasted that long, it had been fun while it had lasted.

Sera turned her attention back on the defeated Mage. She actually felt kind of sorry for him; although she didn't understand how such a simple action could wipe all of his spirit away in an instant. If it had been her, she would've kept fighting. But, the mercenary was aware of the fact that people reacted differently to certain situations than others, so she kept her trap shut. Closing the short distance that had been put between them during the fire fiasco, she held out a hand to Redren. "Come on, get up."

@TwistedTruth @Tarmagon

Freed looks at a man who comes over to him. He thinks about the question and then looks back at the man "Well I have no clue, but do you know why we are here?" He was thoroughly confused. Why would anyone want to get all off these people together. It was hard to figure out. Was this just a sick way to get them all to fight? Or maybe someone who wants to kill them all. It was so hard to imagine anyone strong enough to beat them all, but nothing is impossible.

@GoonSquadI

Lucius ignored the chatter happening behind him and replied to the stone structure."I was given a chance to clear my name, if not i wouldn't be here right now." Lucius thought quickly about his past and what monstrosities he has done. Destroying families and raiding villages was only the beginning of his dark past but Lucius want to look back at it at the moment. "I was approached by a well dressed man in my cabin and was given an invitation to join the white rangers. The invitation lead me her to this clearing where i found you all fighting amongst each other. Coming here i didnt expect top see all this. So what about you, how did you get invited into the white rangers? And furthermore what are you?

@FantasyDoctor

Rill snorted loudly at the woman's? Girls? It so hard to tell with humans, comment.

"The only good nixie nest is one that's nowhere near anything of value, " she said dryly, stepping further into the clearing and pulling the letter that had lead her here out of a pouch. "I've been following the directions on this for days, and when my journey finally ends all I find is chaos? Why am I here? Why are you here? Why is there..."

Rill's stream of questions cut off abruptly two things registered in her consciousness. The first was that the man at the edge of the clearing WAS talking to the statue. The second thing that froze her wits momentarily, IT WAS TALKING BACK TO HIM! Rill could only stare as the two spoke, her mind racing in circles.

@Aridis

Redren's eyes moved up to the Redhead, taking her hand would put them at an eye level of respect again. Sitting around moping would get him no- THERE WAS ANOTHER GIRL. His spirit lifted like a mopey dog hearing his owner call. Sadly this girl wasn't a redhead, she was still cute tho. Redren reached up shrugging off his mood as Sera gave him a hand up. "You fight well, Good use of your surroundings." He complimented her shyly taking a deep breathe as the Second girl started chatting them up. She cut herself off mid sentence looking awestruck at the Gargoyle. "Don't stare its impolite." He chided crossing his hands over his chest. "He's a Gargoyle, maybe the last of the Great ones." He added tapping his forehead. "Magic is my Mistress, that statue is an abomination." He murmured his words tainted with disgust. "I'd stay away from him, but that's just me." Redren couldn't help but find himself staring at the Statue as-well. "It existence is against the natural balance of things, its hard to get your head around." He added stepping back and away from the conversation, Walking towards the man who had put out his flames. The boy was ragged and breathing heavily. "I'll try my best not to do it again." He pondered for a bit adding an extra ultimatum. "...if you tell me how you put out my flames."

@Aridis

@Redrobinwing

@Tarmagon

"Thank you. You're pretty good yourself." Sera had managed to naturally keep the smile up until he started ranting about the Gargoyle again. At that point, she had to fall into her own little "actress" mode in order to continue to make it look genuine. Unlike what the male would've thought, he had managed to maintain her respect all throughout the fight. Even when he had his little broken moment, Redren hadn't lost a single point. He had embarrassed himself a bit, but he had still remained an okay guy. But this?

Yeah, no. Many respect points had been lost this fine day.

It was a bit of a pet peeve of hers. The redhead
hated it when someone viewed themselves to be higher, or even lower, than another. And if he was preaching this same speech over and over again, then she was fully prepared to actually maim him within the next ten minutes. Hearing it once was bad enough, hearing it twice made her want to punch something. Her hand was actually twitching a bit; slowly gravitating towards the hilt of her sword as she weighed whether or not it would be worth it.

Deciding to distract herself rather than focus all of her attention on whether or not she should throw her previous opponent to the ground, Sera decided to focus on the newcomer. "Just...
ignore him. So far, I have yet to witness anything wrong with the Gargoyle, so I don't really think that he's as bad of a guy Redren makes him out to be." With a small, somewhat playful smile, she rested a hand on her hip. "And as for all of your previous questions... Erm, I think that we had all been recruited for some group called the 'White Rangers'? That, or this is a huge trap meant to kill all of us off in one sweep. I'm personally betting on the former."

@TwistedTruth @Tarmagon

As Gavin finally regained his breath, he couldn't help but chuckle to himself at Redren's antics. Sure, the fight between him and Sera was more of a friendly competition than a fight between enemies, but the mage's bickering with the gargoyle seemed to be sparking some sort of rivalry, not to mention his attempt at flattering the newcomer. The action seemed to irk Sera a bit, which added to the number of potential rivalries. Instead of saying anything, Gavin just shook his head and smiled. He liked being the observer, it could be pretty funny sometimes. As he began to wonder as to whether or not Sera was actually right about the trap idea, Redren approached and asked about how he put out the flames.

"Um..." Gavin said, doing his best to think of an answer. Half-bloods weren't exactly popular, and it was much easier to simply not mention it. So, to answer Redren's question, Gavin gave the simplest, most honest answer he could without giving too much away. "Magic."

Rill was still trying to wrap her mind around the talking statue when words began to intrude through her sense of wonder.

"You fight well, Good use of your....Don't stare its impolite. He's a Gargoyle, maybe the last of....."Magic... my Mistress, that statue is an abomination. I'd stay away from hi... It existence is against the natural balance of things..."

She knew that she wasn't hearing everything that was being said, but what did penetrate was enough to lower a veil of crimson over her vision. Turning, she saw the man walking over to the one who had extinguished the fires, apparently asking a question of him. The girl? woman? was saying something to her, but Rill couldn't understand what she was saying over the sudden roaring in her ears. Her bow came up in one fluid motion, the arrow tracking in on the base of the man's skull as he spoke to the other. Every fiber of her screamed at her to loose the shaft, and her body fairly quivered with tension as the bowstring reached full draw. The image of a robed elf swam in her vision, and his derisive voice filled her ears, calling her mongrel and bidding her away. Now this, thing, in a person's body was daring to correct her even as he denigrated another beings existence?

"No Rill," her father's voice rang in her memories. "It is not right that they treat you differently because of what you are. Perhaps they do not have a choice because of how they were raised. You, however, do have a choice. I believe you are stronger than those who judge things different because of fear or misunderstanding."

Slowly letting the tension from her bowstring, Rill placed the arrow back into her quiver, then strode up to where the man was speaking with the younger one.

"Magic." drifted to her ears as she pushed between them, rudely turning her back on the younger man to glare at the thing masquerading as a man.

"What do you think you are?" she demanded, cold rage biting her words off. "What is it about this 'magic' that you think it gives you the right to command or judge those around you? Was it this 'magic' that gave the other elves the right to call me mongrel?"

Rill's voice was beginning to rise, and her eyes flashed frozen fire as she continued.

"What makes you think you can call anything or anyone abomination, thing in a human body? Tell me, fool, did the Gargoyle ASK to be created, made, however it came into being, any more than I asked to be born?! Do you actually KNOW anything about it, or did you just decide that you were the judge of its existence? Why does it offend you? What harm has it done you? Are you such a small, uncertain being that the only way you can feel any worth is to deny others? If this is what 'magic' makes of people, then I am glad that I was never Tested after all."

The cold fury in Rill had warmed as she spoke, flooding her with an inferno, and making her final words nearly a scream.

"You and those like you, those who judge at a glance, are animals... LESS than animals, because they do not judge based on appearance, but on action. Stay away from me, abomination!"

The fury left Rill as quickly as it had come upon her, leaving her glaring at the man, her shoulders quivering with the release of tension. Turning on her heel, Rill strode back to the girl who had tried to speak to her.

"I'm sorry," she said quietly. "I think you were trying to speak with me?"

@TwistedTruth , @Aridis , @Redrobinwing

Redren had opened his mouth slack jawed at the boys response. Magic? Was that simply it? Redren's mind clammed up feeling present danger, directed towards him. You know the feeling, whenever you get the shiver up your spine and you know somethings wrong. Its not magic, or a fairy godmother watching over you, its simple Human intuition. He felt a hand push off his chest, forcing him to take step back from Gavin. The small elfish figured started yelling screaming. Redren listened with spectacular detail, taking in every word that she screamed at him, not flinching and only blinking as his body commanded when his eyes felt dry. She eventually stopped and before Redren could defend himself she turned off. Now see, The Male wasn't the type of person for blind rage and fury. He would articulate a persons demise, slowly stripping them of everything. He knew what it was like to be depressed, contemplating why me? Happened a lot, until he honestly stopped giving a shit what people thought about him. His shoulders shrugged as she walked away. he could feel an inkling of Magic return to his body, not enough to do anything but it was a sign he would be at full power in a day, maybe a few hours. He examined the girls back as she turned away his keen eyes taking in her weapons, even counting her arrows. He knew one thing for sure, she had made an enemy of a very powerful man just now. She should've fired that arrow and killed him when she had a chance, This girl was already dead.

@Aridis

@Redrobinwing

@Tarmagon

The mercenary just stared at the woman for a good couple of seconds. She was by no means slow, but it did take a moment for everything to sink in. With slightly widened eyes, Sera just watched as everything happened; and took in every word that was being said by the other. Her own anger was stripped away as the scene played out, and was replaced by sheer awe and amusement. Even casting aside the speech that Rill had given, she seemed to be a fairly interesting person. And, given the fact that she was in the clearing with the rest of them, then she must be an exceptional fighter in some way or another.

Everyone who was gathered in the clearing had been put on her "Need to at least spar with" list. However, her fellow female might've just shot her way to the very top of it. Trying her best to not burst out laughing at the scene, the redhead covered her mouth with her hands. She whole-heartedly agreed with the other's message, but couldn't help but smile at how the message was delivered. Even though Redren didn't seem to be all that affected by the screaming, she hoped that he would at least learn to avoid further loud lectures by not bringing up the topic again.

"Yeah." Sera snickered. "But I think it's a bit too late for the first bit... I was just saying that it looks like we were recruited for a group called the 'White Rangers.' I don't really know all the details, but that's the best answer I've got."

@Tarmagon @TwistedTruth

Rill frowned at the red headed girls words. She must have missed more than she thought during her little fury attack. Something tickled at the back of her mind, something her mother had taught her about interacting with others. Rill usually had little use for the social niceties that others seemed to take for granted, but she decided to try and put her best foot forward with this girl, especially since her instincts told her the the 'mage' was not the type to do aught save carry a grudge.

"It is more than I had before, save the cryptic writing on this letter," Rill said, holding up the aforementioned letter. "I am known in my homeland as Rillanthil Shae Tyendemarthin. Who're you, and who is the pompous ass masquerading as a 'mage'? For that matter, who or what is everybody here?"

Rill's face suddenly went still as she realized she had just forgotten everything her mother had tried to teach her about speaking with others. Mentally chastising herself for her lapse, she tried again.

"Call me Rill," she said in a small voice. "And tell me who everyone is.... please?"

@Aridis

As Gavin watched Sera, Rill, and Redren, he couldn't help but notice the hostilities that seemed to be growing. The half-elf was obviously not afraid to speak her mind, made even more evident by the fact that she had just called one of her new allies a 'pompous ass'. Redren was obviously angry, and rightfully so, considering both him and his abilities as a mage had just been insulted. Sera seemed more mellow than she had previously been, which was nice. While Gavin began debating as to whether or not he would say something, he felt a slight wiggling feeling on his back. Suddenly, Oath Keeper shot out from his sheath and implanted itself in the middle of the clearing. The half-dragon looked around and saw everyone else's weapons darting away from their owners and sticking themselves in the dirt. On the opposite side of the clearing, a man stepped out from the trees. He was holding out his hand, obviously being the one responsible for taking everyone's weapons away. He didn't say anything for a few moments, awaiting everyone to become alert to his presence.

Yep. Rill was awesome. The girl could barely stand from how hard she was trying to not laugh out loud. It was pretty obvious that she was doing so silently; due to how red her face was slowly growing, and how hard her shoulders were shaking. Although, as long as no audible sound escaped her, Sera considered herself to be in the clear. It took her a good couple of seconds before she was able to breathe again; and a couple more before she was able to speak. And, even then, there was a slightly giggly undertone to her voice. "Y-yeah. I'm Sera. Sir Magic over there is called Redren, and---." The moment that she felt her blades move, she stopped.

Her smile immediately faded from her expression as she watched both of her swords, and even the dagger hidden in her boot, shoot towards the center of the clearing. The redhead's gaze snapped toward the mysterious being; her surprise quickly turning into frustration. She loved fighting, but sneak attacks always ticked her off. There was no fun in getting pounced on by some unseen opponent. There was a challenge in it, but more often than not it would be too late to retaliate.

Just because the stranger had taken their weapons, didn't mean that she didn't have a way to smack him around if needed. This was a forest. If need be, Sera planned to pick up a stick or something and hit him with it. Maybe even chuck rocks if it came to it. But, for now, she stayed still and quiet; just glaring at the person who had taken her swords.

@Redrobinwing @Tarmagon

Redren had been stewing in his self pity and hate for Rill as he felt his staff get ripped from his hands, The first thought he had was to use his magic and get it back. He instantly and instinctively fell back on magic and felt his gut tug as he couldn't summon up enough, the magic failing to do as he ordered. He still needed to recharge, at this rate there was no way he could fight, let alone pull his staff back. His eyes darted to the man in the clearing, stepping back bit by bit. If a fight broke out he would be gone for sure, not only would he be useless he would put his own life at risk, which is something he wouldn't do for his own mother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back