• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Village Hidden in the Leaves

Gou Uchiha
Koma

A teacup clinked lightly as it was set on the dark wooden desk, thin ribbons of steam wafted in the air. A couple of the windows had been opened, allowing the warm breeze into the Hokage's office. Gou sighed quietly, leaning back in his chair before looking outside. "Kojiro should be dismissing the newest graduates soon... Though how many are actually going to become genin?" He shook his head slightly, moving to take another drink from the hot tea.

"My upcoming students will succeed, of that I am certain." A voice came from beyond the tea glass, sitting across from the man with a playful smirk on his face. Koma sat upon the seat as if he had always been there, waiting for the man to notice his presence. "I know this because they are filled with such indomitable youth. Unlike you or I, more so you naturally." He chuckled once more, his ever closed eyes glinting with mischievousness.

Clearing his throat, Gou set the cup back down. "You were just waiting for me to try and take a drink, weren't you Koma?"

"Perhaps, but I merely came to say I shall be meeting my students soon. They will be put through a test naturally. their final, final exam as it were." He rose his hand to stroke his chin, in some thought. "It shall be fair of course, and perhaps their first insight into who I am... a Curious question not many can answer these days." Another chuckle, more ominous than the last. "Field 45... I do so hope they are ready for what is to come. Though it is likely they don't expect another trial so soon.

"If they do, I'll be impressed. Though my ways are not always... normal."

A low chuckle left the lips of the old Uchiha, "they never were normal... At this point, I'd probably be worried if they were." Dark eyes studied the jounin, "Are you nervous? Certainly were when we were in their shoes."

"Because I knew what was coming." Koma gave a small sigh, remembering those days. "You were more worried about looking cool for Ayame then the trial I said was coming. You were just so hopeless, felt bad for you in truth... Took you so many years to realize all you had to do was ask. granted, I do feel slightly guilty for playing along with your worry, though I did make quite a bit of cash selling you those charms." Another chuckle at the Hokage's expense, were he any other he'd likely get one hell of a goodbye.

"But look at you now, leader of the village, head of your family... I just hope you don't expect me to start kneeling. I have yet to start that habit, and I fear I would be laughed at by my friends over yonder."

"Certainly enjoy holding that over me, don't you?" Gou muttered, rolling his eyes. "You should probably be on your way soon, hm? Unless you're planning on adopting a few of our sensei's bad habits..."

"Ah yes, that one was most certainly rather late the first time we saw them... I suppose you are right." Koma stood up from his seat and quietly stared towards the window. "Hmm... is that a storm coming? I do so hope it doesn't mess with my plans." He gazed outside at the sky for but a moment, waiting for his friend to make note of the sky.

"Hm?" Gou glanced out the window, there was barely a cloud in sight. "I'll take your word for it..." Turning back, he noticed the office was empty. "Still haven't learned to say 'bye' it seems..."

Training field #45, a smaller than average area that Koma had chosen simply due to its position as the deepest into the woods. The tall dark trees that cover the landscape are old beyond years and stand tall above the area, covering it in a deep shade that darkens the area considerably. A bright shining beam of light pierces the center of the clearing, an old wooden pole stands in the middle of the circle of light, several small candles form another ring around the pole as well.

Upon closer look, many small talismans are nailed to the wood, some old, some new and some with their small silk bags torn open and showing the small prayer inside.

A clear different in mood from the darkened forest outside the circle.

Dotou Hayashi-Squad 4

"To be fair, the Third Hokage graduated at the bottom of his class... Still ended up a really powerful shinobi." Yuuki had informed. Dotou blinked with surprise as he absorbed the new information. "Really? I didn't know that." 'That's reassuring I guess.' Apparently he was already doing better then the Third. 'Maybe I do actually have a shot.'

"Becoming Hokage is hard enough for the most experienced and talented shinobi. Besides, who cares about the scores one earns in academy? We still have an entire lifetime to prove ourselves and our specific skills without grades. Let's just focus on harnessing said skills and become great chuunin. Then we can focus on becoming Hokage or whatever." "Skipping on to Chuunin already?" Although it was hidden by the bandages, his team mate's responses made him smile slightly. He had a feeling they would all get along quite well. "Hey, you know what they say." He pointed toward the sky. "You should always shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll get to hang out with the stars." Even Dotou could admit it was a bit cheesy, but he found it good advice nonetheless. Perhaps he himself should take it.

Then he saw their new sensei. The first thing he noticed was the bandages. The sight caused him to absentmindedly touch his own. After listening to what bandage sensei had to say, Dotou found himself frozen in shock. He had tensed so suddenly it was a jolt of electricity had went through his body. He clenched his fist. "Tch, I should have known it was too easy." 'We've been tested as a class, but no one tested us individually to see if we are ready to become ninja.' Dotou couldn't believe that just moments before he was thinking about becoming Hokage. That's what he got for relaxing; things had gone far too well. What would happen if one of his new found friends didn't make it? What would happen if he was the only one who didn't? He shook his head. 'No point in worrying over something that hasn't happened yet.'

While he did want to know the answers to Yuuki's questions, Dotou thought it would be better to do what they were told first. There was no point in unnecessarily pissing the guy off. He placed a hand on Yuuki's shoulder in an attempt calm him. 'I hope my hands aren't shaking too much.' Dotou was nervous, but he was doing his best not to show it. He cracked smile. "Don't worry man, we got this." He said in the most confident manner he could.

Dotou stepped foward and bowed to his sensei. He then pointed at himself with his thumb. "This "dog's" name is Dotou of the Hayashi clan. My dream..." He though about this for a moment. His face grew more serious, and for a moment he was calm. "...my dream is to become a strong shinobi!" He announced. Dotou still wasn't sure how he'd accomplish it, but somehow he'd make that dream a reality.

Hitomi Hoki: Squad 4
"Skipping on to Chuunin already?" "You should always shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll get to hang out with the stars."

"Of course, " Hitomi stated confidently aware of the high goal she was setting, she always believed preparing sooner rather then later is important and setting goals was apart of that. "It's the next step to becoming shinobi so thus it's the step we should prepare for. The sooner that we prove we are capable enough to become chuunin the faster we will get to our dreams, I imagine."

"Hey, are you three the dogs Kojiro promised me? Well, I'm not one to beat around the bush, get the hell down here so we can wrap this up. Tell me your name, and, hmm, something about yourself. A dream, or, uh, something, I really don't care.
We'll start from there.​
Oh, and the worm lied to you, you aren't genin, not yet. The majority of your class won't pass or become ninja either. We get to decide that with a little test. Graduation's about finding candidates. Life's tough, deal with it."​

Hitomi found that she wasn't startled by their sensei's appearance. In Suna many shinobi wore bandages and some in konoha did as well. His blunt words and insults are what caught her. Eye's narrowing she eyed him, deep in thought. It's to be expected that we would be tested as a team before becoming genin to make sure we will make a capable team, it was foolish of us not to realize it.

"Then why the hell did they go through all the trouble making it seem like we'd graduated and were finished?"
"This "dog's" name is Dotou of the Hayashi clan. My dream..my dream is to become a strong shinobi!"

Blinking, Dotou's introduction brought her out of her thoughts and Hitomi automatically followed suit. Her lips moving before she could stop them. Stepping forward to stand beside her teammates as she spoke she bowed her head toward her sensei respectfully. " Though I'm not a dog, I assume you are speaking of us, so I shall act as so. My name is Hitomi Hoki of the Hoki clan from Sunakagure. I dream of becoming a strong medic nin and bringing my clan into a light of similar familiarity as the Uchiha's and Hyuuga's. It's a pleasure to meet you sensei"

She did not let it known that it was the chinoike clan she planned to redeem, not her birth clan. The Hoki clan did most of it's best work within the shadows. As long as she honored her clan and put her position as heir and future head first she could focus on bringing back the once powerful clan that had rivaled the Uchiha's and Hyuuga's. This time, hopefully as their ally.
@Cactus KageYuuki KageYuuki Ganryu Ganryu

Nobushige Toyotomi - Squad 4

Nobushige continued to play with his knife as his students introduced themselves. He found a seat on a tree stump, expecting it to take a while for introductions. It didn't. He smiled at the Uchiha's in particular, though slightly hidden under his apparel. He didn't know this ones name, but he liked the fire. Dotou took the entire ordeal in stride. Nobushige drew a second knife. Hitomi, didn't. Nobushige juggled a third.

"Pleasure? Seems odd to me to be pleased to be called a dog, but to each their own.

A bit of an experience, we're assassins, tricksters, and liars as a career, lying gets a little tiring. Why I'm not bothering with it. Fire in Uchiha boy's belly is refreshing. Here catch."

He caught all three kunai, and tossed them to his students, one for each.

"Now, one of you seems eager for your test. I'll be frank, I don't like long drawn out tests, or wasting time, yours or mine. Other Jonin are probably doing some bullcrap bell tests, encouraging teamwork and such while lying about it the entire test. The test is so I can see what you are made of, I'm suppose to fail you, 1/3 pass, but it is my decision.

The test I will give you will be over in a second, and has no lies. I'm not going to explain or clarify myself once it begins. Are you sure you are ready?"

He stared at them one by one, resting his arm against his knee.

Man, I'm such a drama queen

"Times up, here's your test. Kill me."

Nobushige didn't move. He wondered if they had the stomach for it. To Nobushige, being a ninja wasn't a thing of honor. It also wasn't natural, nobody was born a killer. Still, who was he to crush a dream?

(autohit, however you want, you should 'kill him'. Or don't, it is up to your character. If you do kill him, you are left with a body, so feel free to react to that, he won't dodge or anything)

Yuuki Uchiha: Squad 4
Yuuki glanced over at Dotou as his teammate grabbed his shoulder, feeling the slightest tremble. Was it from the shock of this nice slap in their faces? The fear of maybe seeing those years at the academy completely go to waste? Maybe like Yuuki, it was the anger from this revelation and their supposed sensei's callousness towards the situation. He cast a sideways glance at Hitomi as she spoke formally to the man. 'A pleasure'? Bullshit.

Unless... she was one of those few that liked being talked down to like that....

Bah, not worth worrying about right this moment.

Thankfully the boy snapped himself from the small tangent in time to spot and catch the tossed kunai. Yuuki looked down at the blade as Nobushige continued to speak. A simple test with no trick questions? Maybe there was an advantage to the man's bluntness. Or was that a lie? At this point, he wouldn't be surprised given Kojiro pretty much spent the morning's speech lying to them.

Yuuki froze, taking a brief moment to try and process the order. He can't be serious... The eyes staring back at him said he was. The kunai in his grasp suddenly felt heavier than it should have been. No, this had to be some kind of trick. "No tricks, huh?" Yuuki muttered, irritation and uncertainty lacing his voice. "Like some genin could kill a jounin," He threw the gifted blade at his feet, noting it dig deeply into the ground.

The genin's eyes narrowed at Nobushige. He just wants to see if we'll even take a swing. Not like any of us have a chance of landing a hit on him... Yuuki had heard his sister say similar things when they sparred, 'strike as though you intend to kill if you even want a chance of landing a hit.' Of course, they were sparring with bokken and not sharpened steel, but that's all this had to be.

"Fine, I'll play your game then," Yuuki snapped, unlocking his blade from its sheath. Closing the gap in a split second with his lunge, the blade flashed in the sunlight as it cut through the air. Yuuki figured there wasn't any harm in not holding back, he braced for the eventual recoil of the weapon striking metal or being parried away. The weapon indeed came to a rather violent halt...

After it had severed Nobushige's arm, carving through his torso before lodging into his spine.

Everything seemed to slow down for Yuuki the moment his weapon actually cut into flesh; at that point, there was too much momentum to try and stop the attack. The genin's eyes widened as he released the hilt of the blade. He staggered back a few steps before falling back. He wanted to look away but couldn't.

"Wh-what?" Yuuki's voice shook heavily, so did the rest of him. "What the fuck!?" The color had completely drained from his face. He finally turned away, only to lose what little he'd eaten that morning. "Y-you were supposed-... Why didn't you even try...?" Yuuki found himself unable to finish a sentence, let alone think straight. His mind was racing.

That didn't just happen...

That couldn't have just happened...

Sei Teshima Squad 5
Nodding to Park, Sei passed through the door and waited for him to join her before walking down the hallway. "Have you ever been to field 45? I don't think I've been out there." She lived on the other side of the village, spending more time in the woods and hills than in the training fields.
They got outside and Sei took a deep breath of the warm summer air. She glanced at her new teammate, trying to read him. "I guess we should try to catch up to Hanayo. We don't want sensei thinking we're slackers." Though she wished she could get to know Park a little more before adding Hanayo into the mix. I'll just have to learn more about him as we work together. And I'll make sure to spend some time with Hanayo and get to know her a little better.
"Come on," Sei picked up her pace and knew Park would do the same.
The hike out to field 45 wasn't long, though Sei and Park did run part of the way. Sei kept an eye out for Hanayo. Could she be there already? I mean, she did take off as soon as we were dismissed. If she ran the entire way, it wouldn't be too hard for her to do. She slowed as they neared the gate to the training field and looked around. There weren't any footprints or disturbed grass to indicate their teammate had passed through. Did she get lost or sidetracked? Or did we just miss her? Sei stopped and looked back the way they had come. "Should . . . we try to find Hanayo before we meet our sensei?

Lord Potato Lord Potato

Last edited:
Hitomi Hoki
Dogs are puppies in the beginning, but eventually they will grow. Some will be taught to be protectors others fighters. Yet, In the end they all have the potential to kill. He didn't call us puppies though, so I don't think he meant it in such a way. Regardless, that's how I shall take the insult. I refuse to let him bait me so early on. Hitomi assured herself, regretfully accepting the insult.

Kill him?
Hitomi wondered. He doesn't seem to believe in teamwork but is he doing this to see what we are capable of? If we are willing? Am I willing to kill our sensei? No, the team will be useless without a sense to teach us and cleaning up a body will be trouble. We could incapitate him. Making him unable to move but still able to be healed. That will have to do. Hitomi decided with all the cold cruelness of any medic nin making a dreadful conclusion. Even if the patient didn't like it.

"Fine, I'll play your game then, " "Y-you were supposed-... Why didn't you even try...?"

"Or we could just kill him. Sure we don't need a sensei. " She muttered sarcastically. Why didn't he try to block? Hitomi furiously thought even as she secured her own kunai. A second to late after Yuuki's attack. One he obviously hadn't believe would work. Is the bastard-sensei trying to die on us? Get out of training us? Well, I doubt konoha will enjoy assigning us another sensei because we killed our first one. Let's hope the ass isn't really dead. Some complex justsu making him appear dead perhaps? A genjutsu. Composing her emotions, into behind the cold mask she approached their downed sensei.

"Regardless of if you meant to Yuuki you have killed our sensei. Congratulations on a successful shot."
She stated a bit snappily and bitter. Not looking forward to explaining his death away. Kneeling by his body she began scanning it with her chackra and gaze, ensuring the bastard was dead. Goddamned it!
KageYuuki KageYuuki CactusJuice CactusJuice Ganryu Ganryu

Hideki Ukita Squad 6

Music for your listening pleasure.​

Hideki leisurely walked towards his destination the race of course was but a simple round about way of getting them to get dinner with him later. His treat, as he fully planned to just "end up" being last. Jumping out the window and getting the "head start" was just to get them going, to make certain they had even more of one before he got there himself at his leisurely pace. he had this planned for quite awhile really, hell he had been making extra money just for the dinner, prudence in everything shall pave the way to success.

It was just small chores, odd jobs people need done like cleaning or help moving stuff, nothing too dangerous. Plus it made him seem like a good kid, something rather underrated but can come as a great help when it comes time.

Of course, when he heard Matsuri yelling something about Satoru? he was quietly remembered something about the gentle fist the Hyuuga were so proficient in. Best he stayed on Bookie's good side from now on.

He watched as she ran on ahead past him, giving a small wave to you young lady as he walked. "It's field 13! Remember that!" he reminded her, before starting to whistle to a cheerful little tune.

He was gonna like this group.

Though he really did hope Satoru was okay, whatever bookie did to the poor guy betetr not be to terrible. He'd rather not have to learn how to deal with wounds so early. granted, he didn't know to much about the gentle fist, only that it hurt, alot.

Like, really alot.

Last edited:
Dotou Hayashi- Squad 4
Dotou glanced at his teammates. Yuuki still seemed pissed, and, despite her words, Hitomi didn't seem too happy either. Dotou didn't understand why they were so flustered. Sure he was nervous, but being angry never crossed his mind. Then again a lot of his life had been like this. Unpleasant surprises, let downs, insults, none of it was new to Dotou.

When listening to their sensei, he found the man's description of their job as ninjas quite similar to what he was expecting. In this sense, his father was quite similar to their new teacher. He vaguely wondered if they had ever met before. There were some differences as well though. His father wouldn't have mocked Hitomi's politeness nor encouraged Yuuki's anger. Then again, Dotou couldn't think of anyone he'd met that WOULD do that. Their sensei was a strange one to say the least. He caught a kunai thrown towards them.

"Now, one of you seems eager for your test. I'll be frank, I don't like long drawn out tests, or wasting time, yours or mine. Other Jonin are probably doing some bullcrap bell tests, encouraging teamwork and such while lying about it the entire test. The test is so I can see what you are made of, I'm suppose to fail you, 1/3 pass, but it is my decision. The test I will give you will be over in a second, and has no lies. I'm not going to explain or clarify myself once it begins. Are you sure you are ready?"

This made Dotou nervous. It seemed his sensei had come up with his own test. What kind of test could this be? A test that only took seconds and would fail at least two of them.
After hearing those words, Dotou did something a bit strange himself in this situation. He relaxed. With those words they were no longer sensei and student. They were predator and prey, and Dotou was not going to be the latter. Glancing at his teammates, he waited for one of them to strike. They didn't even have surprise on their side, so Dotou knew he didn't stand a chance alone.

"Fine, I'll play your game then,"

When those word left Yuuki's mouth, Dotou tensed the grip on his kunai tightening. As soon as Yuuki moved into attack, Dotou wasn't far behind. Body flicking foward, he followed up the Uchiha's attack with a slash towards the throat. Even as he was swinging, he was already planning his next move. 'The combination of are attacks should force him to retreat. I'll follow this attack up with my Wild Water Wave Justu to force him to retreat even further. Then we c-' His thought was cut off from shock as he saw Yuuki's attack, and then his own hit home. After his kunai sliced through his sensei's neck, Dotou immediately surveyed their surroundings. When he was sprayed with a liquid, one thought came to his mind. 'Water Clone.'

"Wh-what? What the fuck!?"
Yuuki's shocked words caused Dotou to glance back. 'The body...it's still there.' He found himself in shock once again. 'So it wasn't a water clone? If that wasn't water...' He brought the hand in front of his face to examine the liquid he'd been sprayed with. '...blood.' Dotou just sat there and stared at it for a minute. 'It's blood of my target.' He shook his head. '...no, it's the blood of my sensei.' He began shaking. He'd always known that one day he'd have to kill a man, but he never thought it would happen so soon. However, what bothered him most wasn't that he killed; it was who they killed. A fellow ninja of the Hidden Leaf. The man who was supposed to be their sensei.

"Regardless of if you meant to Yuuki you have killed our sensei. Congratulations on a successful shot."
The aggressive words of Hitomi brought Dotou out of his panic. Initially, her words sparked anger in him. "Hey, don't blame Yuuki! We were just following the guy's orde-." Dotou stopped mid sentence as he came to a realization. 'None of this make sense.' He remembered their sensei's words. He hadn't seemed like a man who wanted to die. Even if he was, there was much cleaner and quicker ways then death by genin. The guy would be lucky to receive a fatal wound on the average genin's first try. The other more plausible possibility was that they actually did manage to tag him, but he knew that should be impossible from training with his father. 'They don't give the rank of Jonin to just anyone.' "...I'm such an idiot." He muttered. "This is some sort of genjustu isn't it?" He had heard of genjustus strong enough to effect all sense before, but he'd never experience one. Dotou calmed down. He was quite satisfied with his analysis of the situation. He looked around once again. "You know that's pretty messed up, mummy sensei!" He shouted unsure of how loud he'd have to be to be heard outside of a genjustu. "You made us introduce ourselves, but you never introduced yourself to us!"

"You made us introduce ourselves, but you never introduced yourself to us!"

"Nobushige Toyotomi, assassination, and clone specialist in the Hidden Leaf. And from today onward, Jonin-sensei of Squad 4. Is that better? To be fair, Uchiha boy hasn't introduced himself yet either."

A voice spoke from a bush near Dotou. In a poof, Nobushige re-appeared from it. The corpse did not disappear, however. He stared at the corpse they had slain.

"Damn, kids. Even that nuisance med nin Ayame couldn't patch this up, dead a doorbell. Well, to steal a phrase, 'you have killed your sensei. Congratulations on a successful shot.' "

He reached to his own side, and neck, rubbing them with a flinch.

"Hardly even felt it, it was so vicious. Here's my assessment:

Uchiha-boy, you need anger management. You have a deadly blade, deadly blades kill people. Do you still want to be a ninja? When you strike to kill, that happens. They don't suddenly turn to flowers, and sometimes, it isn't a clone. You could make a damn good ninja... if your conscience could survive.

Dotou, if it was genjutsu, why didn't you try to break out? Eh, good job, you struck an extremely efficient location. It was cold, well thought out. Once that was over, you handled your two teammates, addressing their needs.

Hitomi, did I stutter when I gave the order? Still, you were the only one to check the body. Injuring an opponent, despite what others may say, is a very bad thing. Your wounds are information. How very medic nin like you.

Good enough. I want to fail you for taking a minute there before you struck, but... today is suppose to be a good day for you.

Oh, and as I said, lies and misdirection when I'm not required to are annoying. Decisive action would pass, regardless of a deathblow or not. Oh, and you did kill a man, and it was me. I happen to specialize in clones however, like ones that are fairly lifelike. I'd show you, but sensei isn't exactly one for chakra reserves. Still hurts, I remember everything you did to that clone, and it wasn't nice.

Now that that's over, let's talk. Oh, feel free to include swearing at me as talking. From what I've seen, you all are on the way to your goals. I have a few training exercises set for the day, but I figure you aren't in the mood at the moment. What questions do you have for me? What is it you want to focus on? Looks like assassination, medical work, and bladework to me. What adult words do you want sensei to hear? Sensei did just force you into your first kill before you even became genin."

Hitomi Hoki: squad 4
What the? Hitomi wondered staring down at the blood from the corpse. It looked weird, off in a way. This blood, its not viscous enough. This isn't a real human, or if it is sensei was really mutated. Might be what the bandages are for.
"This is some sort of genjustu isn't it?"
Hitomi heard Dotou mutter and frowned rejecting that idea. The body was strange yes but she was sure it wasn't an allusion. It does mean that sense is likely still alive. Of course it was unlikely the bastard would let some genie kill him. It goes against a shinobi's every instinct, she scolded herself standing up.
"You know that's pretty messed up, mummy sensei! You made us introduce ourselves, but you never introduced yourself to us!"
Dotou shouted. Looking around her grip on the kunai tightened unintentionally and when sensei appeared she let it fly toward him. Releasing all the irritation she felt at the test with it. Regardless of the results she felt better. It left her feeling more calm them meditation usually did. Letting out a deep breath she sat a ways from the body as she listened to their sensei speak, on guard for retaliation bit nor really expecting much. At least now we won't have to go through the hassle of finding a new teacher.
"Hardly even felt it, it was so vicious. Here's my assessment:...Hitomi, did I stutter when I gave the order? Still, you were the only one to check the body. Injuring an opponent, despite what others may say, is a very bad thing. Your wounds are information. How very medic nin like you."
"I was thinking, " Hitomi muttered as an excuse for her hesitance, happy though she was with her skills being noticed. "I wasn't exactly going to attack blindly and without thinking. You said you weren't going to dodge, but you could still defend yourself I'm sure. "
And I do have some questions about the technique you used though.
Still hurts, I remember everything you did to that clone, and it wasn't nice.
Sorry, I hesitated then.
"What adult words do you want sensei to hear? Sensei did just force you into your first kill before you even became genin."
Technically, not. Hitomi inwardly grimaced at the memories his words brought up. Pushing them away she straightened up and spoke trying to distract herself. She lacked her usual respect in her distracted state. "Hey, bastard-sensei what clone Jutsu did you use? If it wasn't for the blood I wouldn't have not known it wasn't a real body. "

Park Lee - Squad 5
Once Sei passed Park and walked through the door Park caught up quickly, he wanted to find out who his sensei was that was the main thing on his mind. Park knew quite a few Jonin all who we're different and all that specialized in their own things, the knowledge that Park had on Jonin made him wonder just what or who would their Jonin might be. As the two worked not much was said until Sei broke the silence, truth be told Park had never properly spoke with Sei he guessed or at least hoped that would change due to them being teammates. Park looked up thinking for a second, had he ever been to field 45? He wasn't quite sure he had been to several different training fields but 45 didn't ring a bell. "I'm not fully sure, i'll know once I get there."

As Park and Sei got outside Park just smiled, he loved the fresh air and today they was something sweet about it. Park looked into the sky once again the smile staying on his face, today looked like a good day to train but that would happen later well possibly who knows what would happen today. Once again just as the silence kicked in Sei broke it, it was very true they should really catch up. "Yes that's very true first impressions are important I guess we should speed up a little." Park replied but at that moment he didn't speed up at all. It wasn't until he saw Sei speed up that he decided to match her pace, it wasn't worth pushing themselves too hard just yet.

As the two continued traveling Park still only had one thing in his mind just who would his Sensei be? He was so excited about getting to field 45, he didn't even notice when Sei slowed down by the gate and just ran into the training field expecting a hyper voice to fill his ears instead he heard nothing. Park was slightly confused did they manage to beat Hanayo somehow. As he began thinking he heard a voice he was slowly getting used to Sei's voice. "Hmm, maybe we should be then in the end if we don't find her and she makes her own way here we look like slackers." Park says before rubbing his chin. "So...hmm....whats the best thing to do in this case?" Park said mostly to himself but loud enough for Sei to hear.
Kimiwriter Kimiwriter

HANAYO HYUUGA - SQUAD FIVE.

"...No use.. No use..."
The voice of the enigmatically charged Genin whispered to herself as she looked through various pathways of varying degrees of usefulness to her, feet moving slowly along through the streets of the shinobi village-- the feeling of loss placement in her heart obvious as the day she'd came about. ...She'd definitely taken a wrong turn somewhere, and it was beginning to get a little more stressful with each passing second.
tumblr_n6ahrcocUW1qc9zfzo2_250.gif

... She definitely didn't want her new sensei to think she's a failure right out of the gate! ... At least not on the first mission; she could fail them again and again later on down the road like the inevitable future set before her! It made her want to scream how frustrated she was with getting lost. "...These routes are all no use..!"

Yet, as Hanayo's sights set on the Eastern side of the village towards the shopping district-- the scent of flavours and spice blends beyond her comprehension, her route took an even deeper detour with her strong, potent sniffer being her biggest asset to lead her to the fields and great green yonder out in the village's biggest outskirts! With as much will as she could, the hunger-minded Hyuuga pushed her limits passed the vendors and merchants as quick as she could. Her steps being a rapid drumbeat of rhythmic pounding against the dirt, each step carrying her closer and closer to her goal beyond.

The surroundings of the wood and tin-roofed buildings became a blur as she sped like a rushing bullet, their hues swirling into a mass of reds and muted browns until the sights of greens and deeper, natural trunk browns began to overtake from the modern mechanics regressing into the older, natural state of the forested world until it began to truly dawn onto her.

The lush clearing-- Training Field #45. ...The place that she'd been summoned! ....She hoped!

Hanayo stepped in hesitantly, her arms freely swinging at her sides as she looked around-- the milky white lenses of her Byakugan eyes darting to meet the gaze and sight of each individual leaf to find where her sensei had gone to-- if they'd even been there at all. Though, with Hanayo's density of skull, they might have even been standing right in front of her without her knowledge from her exhaustion.

"...Uh... Uuuuuuh..." She muttered to herself, before suddenly taking a quick stance of salute. "...Hyuuga Hanayo, reporting! ...O-Of Squad Five! Sans two.!"

Sei Teshima -Squad 5
Sei hesitated at the gate. 'Park's right that we can't afford to waste time,' she turned and looked back the way they came, 'but is it really fair to throw Hanayo under the bus by leaving her behind?' Turning back to the forest, she looked at the ancient trees shielding them from the sun. It felt cooler in here.
Coming to a decision, Sei focused her chakra and quickly created a clone. The double nodded to her once and raced off back to the village. "
Hopefully it doesn't take too long to find her." She joined Park.
This part of the forest was old. Incredibly old with huge trees with twisted trunks and gnarly bark. The sunlight cast an eerie glow through the canopies. 'This would be a great place for genjutsu. The light and shadows are perfect for fooling the eyes.' She wondered if their sensei favored ninjutsu and taijutsu over genjutsu. Most shinobi did.
They followed the path around an especially large tree. Standing at a salute just off the path was Hanayo. "
Hey!" Sei released her clone jutsu, relieved they'd found her but a little miffed she'd wasted her chakra. "We thought you'd gotten lost." She approached the girl and looked around. If Hanayo was saluting, it meant their sensei was nearby, right? Sei glance at Park. "Where are they?"
Lord Potato Lord Potato Monokuma Monokuma
(Had to write this on my phone. Apologize if formatting's off)

Yuuki Uchiha: Squad 4
At Hitomi's words Yuuki could only flinch, refusing to look at her. "I... I didn't think it'd..." His still shaky voice fell silent as Dotou snapped back at her. He barely listened to the rest of his teammate's assessment on the situation, instead looking down at his hands. It had been so...

Easy.

His blade had met barely any resistance as it cleaved through the flesh. Judging by the entrails spilling from the body and the large pool of crimson it didn't take much to say it wasn't a clean kill either. It was frightening how easy it was to snuff out a life. The fact it was the man who was supposedly his sensei did little to help calm the genin's thoughts.

"Nobushige Toyotomi, assassination, and clone specialist in the Hidden Leaf. And from today onward, Jonin-sensei of Squad 4. Is that better? To be fair, Uchiha boy hasn't introduced himself yet either."

Yuuki's gaze slowly raised up to the jounin, moving between him and the body just a few feet away. It was a clone... of course it had all just been a trick. He gritted his teeth, it wasn't an excuse for not blocking... for putting the three of them through that.

"....You have a deadly blade, deadly blades kill people. "

Part of Yuuki wanted to snap at him for making such an obvious statement. But before he could, it occurred to the boy that he'd never considered such a thing. Growing up learning swordsmanship, it was just a normal part of his life. Not once had he actually stopped and given any thought about the fact that even technique he'd learned was geared towards only one thing: to kill.

A blade was an instrument of death... just like a shinobi...

Did him being so horrified by the act mean he was weak as a shinobi? Did it mean he wasn't cut out for this life?

"....What questions do you have for me? What is it you want to focus on? ....What adult words do you want sensei to hear? Sensei did just force you into your first kill before you even became genin."

"Just what the hell was the point behind that?" Yuuki snapped, finally pushing himself back to his feet. Seemed he was still somewhat unsteady. "Clone or not what was the point of making it seem we actually killed you?"

???? - Squad 3

Training field 1 was the field Squad 3 had been told to report to for their exam to become genin. Unlike the rest of the village, a single raincloud hovered above it, bucketing rain to only that section of the city. A single large raindrop refused to drop in the middle. The cloud was fairly dark, and was infused with chakra, it even reduced normal visibility.

As the three genin would approach the field, they would find a single woman there, laying under a large elephant ear plant, keeping herself dry despite the dreary weather. She wore a large flowing kimono, and fanned herself under it. It was almost striking how despite the rain she was without a single raindrop on her. The only thing even setting her apart as a ninja was a her headband, which, instead of wearing on her head, she had embroided onto her sash.

She noticed the genin and immediately let out a yawn.

"Uuuu, so you three are the ones they sent me? Oh, what were your names on the file? Shikaku, Katekyō, and Kiyoshi or something or other? I'd train you, but, this rain, its so dreary. Do something about it, and I might consider training you a bit. But, maaaan, rain makes me sleepy. Too sleepy to work...."

She drifted off at the last words, seemingly out of it.

(*The name butchering is intentional)

yoshua171 yoshua171 rooke rooke Retro-Grey Retro-Grey

*THUNK!*
The sound of wind splitting, followed by a distinct sound of something sharp hitting wood. Facing towards the three young genin, pierced deep into the wood of the log before them was a piece of white paper, covered in large writing that was plain for the three to see. A sharpened branch stuck out from the paper, the kunai sticking the note was plunged deep into the wood, seemingly coming from nowhere. Through Hanayo's eyes, she saw that the kunai came from a great distance, but could see no more from where it came.

"Hello my dears, it is a true pleasure to finally have the time to speak to you all.
I am sorry that I cannot come speak to you in person, but I assure you this is all part of our little game.
In truth I was told to put you through a trial, to prove if you are indeed worthy of being called genin.
I went through this much like you will, but my sensei was admittedly rather boring and used the old and thoroughly predictable bell trial.(No offense sensei)

Instead of running about after me for the bells within my hand, I propose to you a true trial.

One that you will never forget for the rest of your lives, maybe even after!

One befitting students like you. ;3

Take up a candle, each of you must only take one,
This shall represent the fruits of your future,
Your potential,
The fire within your heart that shall drive you forwards into the dark realms of the world,
And to come out from them as true ninja.

Keep this candle lit at all times,
It will warm your heart in times of fear and uncertainty.

Your job is to transport this candle to a small ruin to the northwest of this position,
there you will meet me and we will conclude the trial.

The hike will be long but I assure you it will be pleasant.
Though you must remain vigilant with these few rules, the wood is a dangerous place,
And should you follow them you will have no trouble.

First rule.
Do not stray from the path, if you do you will have two minutes to return to it or your candle will blow out.

Second rule.
Do not stay in one place for too long, this will also cause the candle to blow out.

Third rule.
Remain courteous yet brief if spoken to. But should something attempt to take your candle,
resist as you will.ignore any attempts to trade for it, no matter the offer.

Fourth rule.
If you feel you are being followed, ignore it and them, no matter how much they try.

DO NOT LOOK BACK.

Fifth rule.
Do not run, unless you need to, if so, do not stop until all you hear is the sounds of the birds.
You will know when you need to run.

Sixth rule.
Do not tell them your name, use a fake one if required, a nickname is acceptable.

And the seventh and final rule, one you must hold above all others.
When in doubt, follow the fox.

Follow these rules and you will find no trouble.

I await you.

Koma.

(A cute little doodle of a fox holding a golden coin was drawn below.)

PS: When in trouble, make usage of the small baggy below this note, toss it at whatever you please but do try to be polite and not hurt anyone not deserving of it."

Upon the last word a pathway became clearer to see, to the north was a small trail, covered in bushes and vines but still useable, beyond it the trail curves around a large tree, into the dark shadow of the woods beyond. Impenetrable at this distance, the two trees standing at the side of the pathway gave the scene an appearance akin to a gateway to a realm that was not truly one they had known and loved for all their lives. There was no telling what lay beyond the gateway, their wayward sensei's words told them near nothing of what was beyond, save for ominous rules and tips.

This was the start of their trial.

Once they stepped beyond,
their journey began.
Kimiwriter Kimiwriter Monokuma Monokuma Lord Potato Lord Potato

Ao, Kiyoshi – Squad 3
The sky was clear everywhere but the training field Kiyoshi was told to meet his new sensei. Sadly, she wasn't much of a sight to behold. Looks wise, she was a beauty, the kimono-clad lady is what he usually envisioned his mother to look like. Except, Kiyoshi's mother, Linali, had platinum hair, much like Kiyoshi's own. When Kiyoshi heard his name, he perked up, he didn't know the other two's names cause he honestly couldn't even remember ever meeting them. But he heard the weird lady say 'Shukaku' and 'Katekyō', so that must be who they were.

"I'd train you, but this rain..."

Kiyoshi smirked as he felt the rain soak through his clothes, he didn't need to hear anything else to catch this lady's drift. She wanted them to stop the rain, but it was obviously not a natural occurrence. So that meant that this jonin was manipulating the weather somehow, albeit lazily. Another simple observation, there was a large drop of water, literally in the center of the storm. The drop refused to fall, and the ground beneath it was still dry as opposed to the grass surrounding. Then there was this crazy jonin. She was lounging under a overgrown Elephant Ear Plant. As quick as an idea came to Kiyoshi's mind, it left. There was a connection between his lazy sensei and the storm cloud, but what was it? Maybe if he attacked her he could break any concentration she had, but that was a big if. Big enough for the young genin.

"Hey Lazy-Ass-Sensei! Hope you don't mind a drizzle!" Kiyoshi had called out as he threw one his kunai immediately above his sensei's head at the elephant leaf plant, the blade missed. Kiyoshi's kunai was soon pinned to a tree a little ways away. "I-I meant to do that!"

Following his failure, Kiyoshi turned his gaze to the sky, a bit embarrassed. He then turned his stare towards his teammates, sizing them up. With an audible sigh, Kiyoshi turned his body to his teammates, his back turned to the kimono-wearing jonin. "This test is
lousy."

With those words, the genin wasted little to no time in turning his body and rushing towards his sensei. His feet kicking up the dirt during their initial launch, he was off to a roaring start.

Ganryu Ganryu rooke rooke yoshua171 yoshua171

Nisekuru, KōtakuTraining Grounds

The day was clear, he'd finally been assigned a team, squad 3. He had some recollection of the other two members of the team, but nothing in particular really stood out to him. He'd make sure to ask them about their talents later, so that they could better coordinate on missions.

He really hoped they'd be willing to coordinate, because seriously, the advantage of numbers of skill meant nothing if you couldn't work together.

His father had told him that.

His sister too....

Shaking his head, he glanced up, observing the sky as a part of him hoped that he had avoided anyone who used genjutsu, and that was when he saw it. A solitary storm cloud, pouring rain down on...he squinted and moved through his memories of Konoha, triangulating where it would be.

It took him a minute or two, but he ascertained that it was over a training ground, more specifically it was the place to which he was headed now. Instantly any happiness he'd been feeling withered. He sighed, and as he did so, exuded a thin layer of chakra into his clothes and onto the surface of his skin, hair and everywhere else. He faced its 'push' outwards slightly, adapting the Reverse Climbing technique for a much more trivial, and much less chakra consuming task. Basically he made himself a raincoat from chakra.

It however, had taken him long enough that he had arrived at the edge of the grounds, where the rain began. So, sighing, he took a step into the rain and immediately shivered as it ran off him. It was still cold, it just meant he wouldn't have to be cold and wet at the same time.

Noticing the presence of at least one of his teammates right away, a boy that he recognized as a certain Ao, Kiyoshi, he made an effort to smile and wave--if briefly--before turning his attention to their sensei, his smile slipping away.

Then she started talking, causing him to raise an eyebrow. Either she didn't know their names or was being intentionally annoying, which given the nature of jounin sensei, and their current situation...well it would make more sense if she were being annoying.

Taking his time, he held a hand out, and let retracted a part of his 'raincoat' from his finger tip, letting a droplet of water hit it, before he sealed the thin field of chakra back around the droplet. Tilting his head slightly he brought it close to his face and then tried to push his chakra into it.

“Hmm,” he said, even as his teammate pulled his attention away by throwing a kunai in the general direction of their sensei, then briefly addressing him, before charging the woman. All throughout, he found his own expression...almost blank as he tried to figure out what in the hell this...Kiyoshi(?) was thinking.

Shaking his head, he let the water droplet go, having ascertained that there was indeed chakra in it. This confirmed that the rain was indeed an unnatural occurrence and was being caused as a direct result of chakra, rather than as a side effect.

The problem was how exactly. Gathering, creating, and moving the amount of water necessary for this miniature storm would have required a lot of chakra, so much that it would've been more than just wasteful, it would be exorbitant to be using it for something as simple as a test for newly minted genin.

While part of him wanted to believe that their sensei was someone that amazing, the rational side of him said that it was one of two things. Either they had found a more efficient, smarter way of achieving this effect, or they were a very powerful, very inconsiderate, idiot.

He immediately—in the interest of a small amount of optimism in a world full of far too many idiots—wrote off the second possibility and decided to go with the assumption (for once) that their sensei was annoying and clever. Even if he couldn't figure this out, it just meant he was being taught by someone he could truly learn from, and that was good in his opinion.

So the question was, how was she doing this exactly?

With this question internally posed, he decided to speak up, mostly to get his teammates on the same page as him. Or... at least the one who wasn't blindly attacking the woman. Why couldn't he remember her name, he wondered. He shook his head, that was a question for later.

“Alright, so, I'm about eighty-five percent certain she's not doing this manually. I mean, it might explain her sleepiness and lack of focus, but...it's just implausible and it'd be an exorbitant waste of chakra. She's a jounin for a reason and she probably wants to test our critical thinking skills. That, or she's really lazy and this is the easiest way to teach us something while requiring the least amount of effort on her part. No offense to her, but it's probably both. So yeah, I'm not sure exactly how she's doing this, but some part of the process is automated or she's using short cuts somehow.” As water ran off of him—and he continued to remain entirely dry, even if he was shivering a little from the cold—he brought a finger up to his chin and tapped it, a thoughtful look on his face.

“Oh yeah and...I suggest we finish this quickly. I might not be getting wet, but you guys are and it'd be pretty crappy for our first day to cause any one of us getting sick, ya know?” He smiled a bit, a small amount of awkwardness in him before he turned his mind back to the problem.

“So, since Kiyoshi is off attacking sensei, you got any ideas?” As he said it he glanced at his other teammate. A Nara clan member, what was his name again? Uhh.... Shikaku, Shikaki, Shibari, OH! That was it, Shikakazu. Good, he remember his name now, that was great. No awkward introductions...for them. He'd still have to give them his name, which he ought to do sooner than later really, for the sake of pragmatism more than anything else.

“Oh, and excuse me, my name's Nisekuru, Koutaku, but you can just call me Koutaku or Koutaku-san if you prefer honorifics, I don't care that much. You have any preferred nicknames?” He asked the question casually, but on the inside he was really hoping that the Nara wouldn't see his question as rude. Afterall, Shikakazu was a bit...it was long and he didn't want to have to say the whole thing in a tense combat situation or even every few minutes in a conversation. It was a little cumbersome.

So he waited and hoped that the boy would, in typical Nara fashion, be totally chill about the whole thing. He hoped.

Shikakazu Nara Squad 3

Shikakazu was the last member of his squad to arrive at training field one, taking immediate notice the overhead rain cloud. It was definitely not a natural cloud, the only one in the sky and centered on the field he had to meet up at. Upon further observation, a large patch of grass was dry and above it a large raindrop suspended in midair. "Obviously the work of our sensei." he muttered under his breath as he moved to stand next to his new teammates.

"Shikaku, Katekyō, and Kiyoshi or something or other? I'd train you, but, this rain, its so dreary..." Their sensei stated in a dazed tone. Luckily Shikakazu had his clan's notorious laid back attitude, but he was unsure of how his squadmates would react. Kiyoshi was more impulsive from what he had gathered as their time as classmates. He also wasn't too bright and had trouble with chakra. Kotaku was seemingly the opposite; tactical, prepared, and possessed a high control of his chakra. He took a glance at Kotaku who was showing off how proficient he was by using his own chakra to stay dry.

Taking a notice to Kotaku's ability to stay dry he then realized how soaked he was really getting. The cold rain seemed to collect in Shikakazu's hair and pull it over his face, prompting him to pull it back in the traditional Nara fashion. In the few moments it took him to do the simple task, it seemed Kiyoshi had already determined his way of stopping the rain by charging their sensei with all his speed.

"What in the world is charging a Jonin head on going to do?"
he asked aloud, not caring for an answer from his remaining teammate who seemed to be in the process of determining his own solution.

Listening to Kotaku's idea, Shikakazu nodded in agreement. "If she was doing it manually, diverting her focus would most likely stop the rain. I'm guessing Kiyoshi made that conclusion. I guess getting sick the first day as a genin would suck. But in regards to ideas, I am not sure. If its a test, I suppose we want to make the suspended drop fall and/or stop the rain." He replied, scratching the back of his head in thought.

"And I'm Shikakazu Nara, but you can call me Shika or Kazu or whatever you decide is best. I'm not too particular, Kotaku." he answered with a friendly grin before cheerfully adding "Just don't come up with a new one everyday so I can understand who you are talking to or about."

Retro-Grey Retro-Grey yoshua171 yoshua171 Ganryu Ganryu

???? - Squad 3

The woman smacked her lips as Kiyoshi rushed her. In a sudden movement, one of the fans she held snapped closed, and then snapped to various positions, ending in an open. Suddenly water pooled itself at his feet.

Water Release: Great Geyser

A wall of water shot upwards towards the skies. The Jonin opened one eye, then held her hand to her mouth as if she was whispering, which she wasn't.

"Pssst. I'm suppose to be asleep, but you might want to catch him when he lands. I might have overdone it.... just a bit. Attacking a woman in her sleep is vulgar you know, I haaad to defend myself, it was reactionary."

She rolled back over under the leaf, nothing was beneath her. She briefly wondered if they wouldn't catch Kiyoshi. There was always the chance she missed or he jumped out of the geyser, but... she doubted it. If he didn't get caught, that was one less problem for her, but then again, the Hokage would probably be mad at her for that one. Why he assigned her him, she would never know.

Matsuri Hyuga - Squad 6

Matsuri bullrushed it to the training field. She felt a bit guilty about Satoru, but it was a reaction, that was alright, wasn't it? It was all in fun, they wouldn't be mad at her. Would they?

In any case, spying the sign by it, she briefly wondered if the number was a bad omen. Still, she was there, and she had to succeed. Speaking of being there, the blindfolded genin quickly jumped into a tree and opened her book. She could finish before the rest of her teammates got there, she was a fast reader she told herself.

A Story of Blades: Chapter 13.

Now Matsuri was there, she couldn't concentrate on the book either, she found herself wondering how she'd made it first. Was Hideki alright? Had she hit Satoru harder than she thought?

Last edited:
Dotou Hayashi- Squad 4

Dotou looked around to see if anyone had gotten his joke. He prodded each one of his teammates. "Get it? Get it? He's like a mummy cause he's all bandaged up and "dead"." He chuckled probably being the only one who had found his joke funny. The killing hadn't really bothered him; he'd hunted plenty of animals in training, and in his mind this wasn't much different. Knowing they hadn't killed their sensei, his conscious was clean. He paused when he heard the voice of their sensei from a nearby bush. 'He was that close? I didn't sense anything the entire time we were here.' He sighed of course he didn't; the guy was a jonin.

"Dotou, if it was genjutsu, why didn't you try to break out? Eh, good job, you struck an extremely efficient location. It was cold, well thought out. Once that was over, you handled your two teammates, addressing their needs."

Dotou put his hands in his face having heard his teacher's initial critique more then anything else. He had assumed that he wouldn't be able to break out. After all, there was definitely a large skill difference between them, but he should have at least tried. Not trying was like accepting death in a real life scenario. "Dammit, I'm so stupid!"
It was such an amateur move, and it hadn't even been a genjustu! He was going to fail this exam for sure.

However, after listening to the rest of what his sensei had to say, his attitude did a one eighty. "So we passed?" Even with his bandage mask, it was easy to see that he was grinning. He put an arm around each of his teammates shoulders. "See? I told you guys we could do it!" Noticing his teammates didn't exactly share his enthusiasm, his smile diminished. "Hey guys, don't sweat it! Whether the test was stupid or not, what's important is we passed." While Dotou didn't fully understand the point of the test or what justu their sensei had used, he wanted to get to training. A guy like him needed all the training he could get, and he'd have to train everyday to get strong.​

Ao, Kiyoshi – Squad 3
Many thoughts flew through Kiyoshi's mind as his body flew high into the air. The ignorant genin was no where near as high as the cloud, but he was high enough to notice a thing with tinges of red inside the large raindrop. Kiyoshi's face entered contorted to express his confusion and curiosity as he focused on what those tinges could be. Then Kiyoshi smiled wide. Those bits of red spelled rain, there was a seal inside the drop! Maybe that seal could be the key to stopping the rain. Now, all Kiyoshi has to do is figured out of to cushion his fall.

"What do I do?! What do I do?!" Kiyoshi panicked as he fell to the ground, "Wait... Duh!"

Kiyoshi twisted his body so that his stomach faced the floor. The ground was closing in fast... or was it that he was closing in fast? It didn't matter. Kiyoshi brought his legs up so that he could land on his feet. Great to know that he had overthought how to get out of this predicament. When Kiyoshi's feet hit the floor of the training field, he tucked into a roll as to avoid most of the impact. When he came out of the somersault, he faced his teammates and pointed to the large raindrop.

"I don't know what you two were doing, or planning on doing, but there's a seal in that huge raindrop!" Kiyoshi practically yelled to them. Then he gave them a very victorious smile as he held up his thumb. "Let's show this crazy lady what we're made of!"

With those not so subtle words, Kiyoshi stood up and faced the jonin once more. His smile still on his face, he didn't have to say anything to let her know that he had thought he won. Kiyoshi was cocky like that. While usually, he wouldnt've taken the time to rest on his laurels, but he turned and jogged back to his teammates. "Either of you got an idea? Cause I'm cool with catapulting one of us," Kiyoshi shrugged as he gave out his suggestion. He was in no position to formulate a plan, he never was.

rooke rooke yoshua171 yoshua171 Ganryu Ganryu

Last edited:

Nobushige stood lazily as each of his students reacted differently.

Huh, so these are my students... Is the Hokage really sane letting me teach.

He eyed the Uchiha boy in particular.

[quote ]"Get it? Get it? He's like a mummy cause he's all bandaged up and "dead"." [/quote]

"Heh. That is funny."

A kunai suddenly flew towards him, Nobushige held his arm up, letting it hit that instead. It bled slightly, but the bandages were hardly for show. Hitomi had the best question, but he had the feeling he had to explain a few things first, mostly Uchiha-boy's question.

"You know, the order to kill me is over, right? Well, let me explain something, sensei does not fight. Why I used a clone, I doubt I could have blocked a blow like that if I tried. At least not without serious effort. Why do that when I can just have a dopple take it. As to why its so lifelike, I'd prefer my students to know damn well what they are dealing with. Now for other questions."

Nobushige pulled out the kunai in his arm. Looks like he'd have to visit a medic nin later. Oh well.

Nonchalantly he formed a handsign and tossed it skyward.

"Hey, bastard-sensei what clone Jutsu did you use? If it wasn't for the blood I wouldn't have not known it wasn't a real body. "

"What jutsu I used, it's called Clone Technique: Earth Release: Drops of Amenonuhoko. Its my personal S-ranked jutsu, it tends to come in handy. It took years working with ...a certain medic nin to come up with. Don't worry, you'll get plenty of chances to come up with your own jutsu, assuming you don't all die on me."

Lastly he looked at Dotou for his question.

"So we passed?"

Nobushige gave a glare as if to say 'really?'. His pettiness showed as well, with the kunai returning to earth from earlier. Two dead birds rained down on Yuuki and Dotou. The kunai itself that Hitomi had thrown returned to her from above. It was aimed to leave a gash, but nothing serious, if she didn't move.

"I'm not answering that."

Cracking his neck, he produced three pieces of paper from his pouch. They were paperdolls, a seal inscribed on them. Nobushige held them carefully between his fingers.

"Alright, that's it for questions. You have the rest of the day off, but I'm leaving you with a training. Pick up this piece of paper with your hands, like I'm doing. It will hurt like hell. There are two purposes to this training, figure out what this paper does, and hold it. I hate not being direct, have to here. This seal'll be helpful for your ninjutsu. Take some cloth or something as backup, you are required to have this in your ninja pouch from now on. Whenever you have a spare moment, try to pick it up. When with friends, when with family, when eating, when you are trying to eat.

Now, enjoy your day off. I'll meet you tomorrow morning here.

Oh, and a random note, Central Apartments, apt #8 might house a certain "bastard-sensei". I'm either there, at the museum, bar next door, or on a mission. I'm sorta required to be available if you need me."

Nobushige couldn't help but smile. Like Dotou, it was visible underneath his bandages. The paper was rather special, picking it up would cause one's chakra to blast backwards into the chakra system. The more chakra they used, the more the backlog would be. A passive amount would feel similiar to being shocked. Trying harder would make it hurt more.

Figuring out the cause would probably take a while. He didn't care how they did, asking relatives, stubbornness, or asking him. In any case, that was their problem.

Actually holding the seal once they figured it out would take much longer. It required insane chakra control to manage. He'd probably submit them for chunnin by the time they managed. Mostly he was just giving them the day off because he didn't want to deal with them complaining about trauma any more.

As Nobushige began to walk off, he giggled dryly to himself as he imaged the Hokage getting zapped trying to help out Uchiha-boy. Or even better, Tsubaki. It probably wouldn't happen, both were probably smart enough to inspect the seal first, but the image was worth a laugh.[/quote]

Nisekuru, KōtakuTraining Grounds

Smiling, a measure of relief flooding his body, Koutaku was glad to discover that his other teammate was pretty sensible. They definitely agreed on several points, and Shikakazu's idea was a valid one. “Kazu it is then,” he said with a grin, before experimentally, and lightly hitting his new teammate in the shoulder. Perhaps they could be friends. As his arm fell back to his side he heard a sudden blast, causing him to turn and look back in the direction of their unnamed sensei and the third member of their trio. His eyelids lowered slightly as he deadpanned, his gaze moving upwards as Kiyoshi did. He sighed, rubbed his temples, and, as he shook his head, their 'asleep' sensei addressed them.

His expression didn't change much at her words, but he did hear them. Stepping back he flicked his finger, a flash of blue extending from his finger, down his arm and sleeve, shirt, into a pouch, before shortening just as suddenly, the action taking place in barely a second. When it finished he had acquired what appeared to be a short length of wire and a four kunai. The kunai he threw in one motion, sending them outwards where they each struck the ground ina square somewhat ahead of him and Kazu. He then threw the wire, projecting it forwards with a tiny, focused, burst of wind chakra, while channeling chakra through it, forming a single chakra thread. The wire weaved itself like a needle through the holes in all four kunai, zigzagging to make an X. Then the kunai, now connected to the wire, and thus infused with sufficient chakra, grew upwards, becoming taller stakes, lifting the connected wire on the two furthest away from them.

A look of intense focus on his face as he swiftly made his construct, Koutaku transformed the inner edge of the wire, executing handseals with his free hand, into cloth, which extended inwards throughout the square formation in a flash, all of it chakra infused and thus glowing slightly.

So it was that when Kiyoshi rolled, he rolled down the cloth, before jumping up right in front of them and spouting off. Releasing the transformation—and feeling just a little strained from the swiftness and focus that had been needed—he deconstructed the creation faster than it had been made, returning the kunai to his hand by using the wire and his chakra thread.

When Kiyoshi began speaking, he was already putting the kunai and wire away, the thread dispersed. He'd figured that due to the angle of Kiyoshi's landing, a roll wouldn't have been sufficient, even with chakra enhanced durability, so he'd lended a helping hand. He didn't want anyone going to the medic nin so early in their career.

Listening intently to Kiyoshi, his eyes lighting up at the mention of a seal, he grinned, giving Kazu a glance as he did so, as if to say 'Looks like you were right.'

Then he heard Kiyoshi, who he had resolved to nickname Kiyo—which was short for kiyohouhen(public criticism) in his mind—and he raised an eyebrow. “You want to launch one of us in the general direction of our sensei, through a massive water droplet, when you were just sent skyward for doing something similar? Yeah...maybe we ought to just tie an explosive tag around a kunai, make it waterproof, and then fire that into the droplet and burst it instead? I think that'd be much safer...and more efficient.”

He glanced between the two as he pulled a kunai and an explosive tag out of their respective pouches, “Any takers, suggestions? Complaints?” He really hoped not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back