• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Vampire and the Slayer (redletalis x soldmysoul)

There he went again, off on one of his wild, sarcastic tangents- the one's in which Anastasia had already come to dread. "I'm trying to be cordial and you are making it near impossible." There was no doubt that Constantin practically fed off of her frustration and she was well aware of that, however, it was rather arduous to act otherwise and until she learned to 'get used to it', she would subconsciously continue to let him metaphorically peck her brains out.

She stood, pistol back in her hand as her heels echoed against the wooden floors. "In that case," Anastasia made her way over to the bedroom door, taking hold of the handle, "you can come and get me when the sun has set and it is time to leave." She turned the handle, pulling the door open to reveal Odette standing just outside of the room.

"Oh my." The blonde looked shocked to see Anastasia leaving Constantin's room, and with a pistol down at her side.

Anastasia groaned under her breath in response as she awaited what was to come next.

"I- umm- I came to see if Monsieur Constantin needed anything. Perhaps he is feeling under the weather?" Her confusion was apparent as her eyes shot between Anastasia and Constantin.

"No, I am simply bringing some fun and teasing into your life." Constantin chirped in delight. His eyes never left Anastasia's form. He could practically visualise the ruffled feathers. It really was fun to poke and prod and drive people to insanity. Especially when the victim reacted so funnily. Ah, if only he could follow Anastasia around during the day as well, he would have way too much fun needling her twenty-four hours a day. Now there was an idea! A blood-bond between them would certainly make things easier. Constantin's eyes narrowed thoughtfully upon Anastasia's back. He would have to ask her if she was willing.

As soon as they got rid of little Miss Snoop-In-Other-People's-Business. Oh joy. Not.

"I do appreciate your concern, Miss Odette," he got to his feet and walked up until he stood behind Anastasia, putting an arm around her waist and pulling her closer to himself. "That is the word, is it not? Concern yes? I am grateful that you would, ah, think of me but my dear Anastasia has already cheered me up. The travel has left me rather tired and depressed, but nothing my dear heart here couldn't handle!"

He went so far as to hug Anastasia fully and put his chin on her shoulder. He also expected to have to avoid a bullet or ten within the next five minutes or so.

He still never answered her question, perhaps he was avoiding it, or worse, he had already distracted himself from the true purpose of his incessant blabbering. Howeve , she wouldn't look too much into it.

"Ah, yes of course." There was the disappointment in the French woman's voice, yet again. After several attempts, she had continually been shot down, indirectly of course, something she wasn't used to being as easy as she came off to be. "I'm so glad you two have each other. Love truly is a magical thing." The lack of enthusiasm in her voice was clear as she managed to sneak in a once over of Anastasia before shuffling herself down the corridor.

Anastasia was quick to shove Constantin away once the other had turned her back, "what on Earth did you tell that woman last night? That we were lovers?!" There she went, feeding right into Constantins amusement yet again for the sake of letting out her own anger.

He allowed himself to be pushed away - mostly to get away from immediate arm's reach - and smiled brightly as he practically chirped, "No, of course not. Good lord, do you think me such a scoundrel that I would ruin a young woman's reputation in this day and age? For shame, my dear, for shame. I am gravely insulted that you would think so little of me. Really! I simply told the poor girl that you were my fiancee."

Constantin was expecting a nice explosion from Anastasia at this point. He was quite eager to see one, too. He liked knowing how far he could push his current partner or companion because it gave him a much better estimate of how well the person would do in a possible fight in the future, and what Constantin could expect from them or had to watch out for.

And it was also great, great fun, too. A win-win situation all around, really.

Although her patience had been tested to it's limits, an her anger merely mocked, Anastasia responded with a deep breath and shake of the head as she raised her hands, "I give up." The dark haired woman turned as she made her way back to her room before stopping to look back at Constantin once more, "when the time comes for us to leave, I will be waiting in here. Until then, I must be spared from your incessant pestering so that I may retain my composure." With that being said, Anastasia closed and locked the bedroom door behind her.

Now trapped inside her room for the next few hours, Anastasia decided to sit back up in bed, picking up the bible that was placed carefully on the side table. Flipping first to a page that was folded over at the corner, Anastasia began to read the sentence that had been underlined with ink which read: '
Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.'

Constantin nearly pouted when his highly anticipated reaction didn't happen, and he watched Anastasia retreat to her own room and close the door. Such a disappointment. Anastasia was too serious all the time. It probably wasn't easy being a woman in a world where men ruled, but this was getting ridiculous. The poor girl needed some fun in her life. She definitely needed to relax and he would help her with that.

Retreating into his rooms Constantin settled on the bed and closed his eyes, appearing asleep if anyone checked in on him. Now he just needed to wait for darkness, for a reply from the Council and then they could both get out of here and pay a visit to his friend. Hopefully Fitzwilliam Seymore, the 15th Duke of Somerset, would have some new leads for them to follow - or at the very least rooms with a far more trustworthy host than Mr Hawkes and his family.

The hours passed slowly, but Constantin was used to it. When he next opened his eyes the sun was setting outside and he could feel the night crawling into place. Getting up and stretching, Constantin took a moment to straighten his clothes before he left his room and headed to Anastasia's door. He knocked three times. "My dear? Are you awake?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back