• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom The Valuud Region | A Pokémon Interest Check

specters

ash and flame

THE VALUUD REGION
SETTING EXPECTATIONS
I would usually wait to put this section in about the middle or the end of an interest check, however I feel that this check has somewhat special circumstances and I would rather let you all as prospective roleplayers view these before diving any further into the check so as to not waste your time should the expectations not align with what you are seeking.

So, to start I would like to say that by special circumstances I mainly mean as it pertains to me as the GM and my time. I have found mixed results roleplaying on RPNation throughout the years I’ve been on the platform (I joined in 2016, at 17 years old,) and for one reason or another, usually personal, I have fallen off of various roleplays, both ones that I’ve started and ones that I’ve joined. Although the circumstances around my drops have varied, they’ve usually shared one thing in common: pressure and time-centric anxiety. That is to say that with hard time expectations and deadlines, I get overwhelmed, especially as a busy college student who also maintains an almost 10 year old relationship (of which I am very proud) as well as two jobs and maintaining my household.

All of that unnecessary info provided, my point is that as far as time expectations for this roleplay, do not expect any, or expect very small/limited expectations. Think of this as absolutely the most casual roleplay you could think to join, one where you can drop in and out as you need without fear of your character being yeeted into oblivion. Your plotlines will be driven mainly by yourself and whichever characters you want to interact with, and expect your environment to be primarily sandbox, with only the most important information and decisions being set by me as the GM.

Firm Requirements (I am unwilling to budge on these as they are really the only expectations I have of anyone who joins this group):

• Please only apply if you are 18+, I know the content of this roleplay is going to be fairly mild given the universe we’ll be playing in, this requirement comes mostly from a personal preference.
  • LGBTQIA+ Friendly, bigotry and disrespectfulness won’t be tolerated here and any infractions of this rule will be reported appropriately
  • OOC Will be over Discord, invites will be provided to those who state interest via DM, so keep an eye on your inbox!
THE PREMISE
If you are still here, hello! Thank you for bearing with me and going over the expectations provided for this roleplay. With that information provided and out of the way, we now move on to what you’ve been waiting for; the premise of the entire roleplay!

You have been invited to the Valuud Region, a region known to most as a vibrant and exciting hub of activity, with large metropolis-like cities and the latest in technological development, including mag-lev bullet trains that can take you across the vast region in the span of a few short hours. Like most regions, Valuud also has an active and challenging Pokémon league and gym gauntlet for people of all ages and skill levels to take on. The reason for your invitation to Valuud is specific to you, and could be for something trivial such as visiting family, to something life-changing such as challenging the Valuudian Pokémon league and fighting your way towards the championship. Maybe you came for a job, or maybe you just wanted a change in your life, either way, the Valuud Region welcomes you with open arms.

----------

I realize that premise is quite vague, and that's for a reason, trust me. Given the circumstances I outlined above, I want this roleplay to be mostly sandbox, you can do whatever you'd like, and be whoever you'd like. The Valuud Region is your oyster, truly, and I don't want to impose too many limitations on what you'd like to do. Maybe you want to be a Gym Leader who was invited to take over one of the various gyms of the region, maybe you want to participate in Pokémon contests as a Coordinator, or maybe you want to do something entirely different, such as being a fashion designer or tech developer!

ROLEPLAY RULES
A touch different than the setting expectations section, these rules are specific to roleplay elements such as character creation.

• All of RPNation's rules apply to this roleplay, they can be viewed here.
  • We will be playing humans, not Pokémon. You can control your Pokémon and what they do, but they should not be the focus of your posts, as in your posts should not be from their perspectives.
  • Canon characters are not permitted in this roleplay.
  • Faceclaims should be anime style/drawn
  • Similarly to the video games, you can only have 6 Pokémon with you at any given time.
  • You can have 1 Shiny Pokémon to start, when catching Pokémon if you want a chance for it to be shiny let me know in the discord and we will roll some dice to determine if the Pokémon will be shiny, I thought this would be a fun feature to implement game mechanics.
  • Battles between roleplayers should either be settled between the two of you before roleplaying it out, or alternatively can be determined with a coin flip. Another alternative is to use an external tool such as Pokémon showdown. Battles between roleplayers and NPCs will be determined by roleplayer preference. That is to say you can loose a battle with an NPC if you want to and think it would be better for the roleplay, or you can win even against impossible odds, just like someone else! *cough cough* Ash *cough cough*

If you have any questions feel free to ask! My DMs are open and I am subscribed to this thread as well!

LINKS

Last edited:
Dropping by to say I'm interested, love the idea of an open-ended/sandbox roleplay in a Pokemon setting!

I'd love to throw my interest into this as well! I have a ranger on the back burner for a while and a sandbox looks perfect to throw 'em into!

Incredibly interested! Out of curiosity, how do you feel about aesthetic variants of pokemon? I.E., pokemon having different than standard patterns and such? I'm fairly interested in the theoretical concept of pokemon genetics, but I fully understand if that's not something that everyone wants to explore. Regardless of such, I'm still curious to joining this, as the idea seems really fun and as a fellow college student, I understand being busy. ^^;

Bumping this~ invites have been sent out to the discord and the cs will go up later today. If you still need a discord invite, DM me ^^

Bump ~ The CS thread and Info threads have been linked to the original post. We are definitely still accepting! We’ve also got plenty of important positions open as well such as Gym Leaders and Elite Four!

I may be tempted to give this a shot. I can't promise how active I'll be though, is that required?

Sending invites to the discord ~

Red Guy Red Guy I operate on a drop-in drop-out basis so your activity can be dictated by you. I would just say to be courteous to anyone your character might be involved with and let them know if you aren’t able to continue a plot or if you need time, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back