• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings The uploaded life

Tonstad39

God of wisdom
[COLOR= rgb(39, 42, 52)]You are in a bleak white space as a number pad appears in front of your face, you look down to see your body completely rendered in polygons while a message plays "Hello, the reason why you have succsessfully been rendered by computer, the reason why your here is to wait for your body to be uploaded to the life servers and for you to begin your life as a citizen of the internet. It is an awefully lengthy process that take upwards of a week to two months. You will play out an on hold system untill you are to be uploaded, in order to start the on hold system press one of the displayed button in front of your face. Press 1 for time travel, press 2 for high school, press 3 for politics, press 4 for a fantasy world, press 5 for macroeconomic satire, press 6 for space travel, press 7 for international conspiracy, press 8 to be in a video game, press 9 for fandom & press 0 for the supernatural"[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(39, 42, 52)][vote by choosing a number 0-9, whitch ever vote I prefer, the quest log goes.][/COLOR]

Can't bear to see something untouched like this, so I'll do a driveby and vote for 3. Or a mix of 3 and 4. But if only one, then 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
You press three and the number pad fades out of view and everything stutters and loads into view like a dial up internet connection loading up a picture. The following things studder in: you are behind a very large podium and in front of a smartly dressed group of people. A large coat of arms loads up and some  smartly dressed people apprear as simple polygons and their facial expressions are unchanging while the ones up close are much more detailed and doing natuaral simulated talking expressions. You yourself are smartly dressed as your body is now rendered wearing a silken suit and a red tie. there are three charters and you find yourself to be the speaker of a national parliament. Three forms and propositions from the prime minister of Junline

Whitch one are you going to bring before parliament?

1. The national gun registry and control act

2. Bilingual education in border provinces

3. Taxes and import tariffs on dark magic spellbooks

There is a gavel to your left, you bang it down on the hardwood surface before you say "The first statue from the prime minister is the national registery and gun control act" while a third of the parliament cringe slightly while you read out "Machine guns, enchanted guns and other high grade armaments must have a small background check concerning  your history of mental health. Gun dealers must have a registry to turn into the ministry of law enforcement" one of the legislators in the back (who is now properly rendered) objects in something akin to a New England accent "you do realize that this totally negates the 16th act on the national charter"

what is your response

1. We were still an absolute monarchy!

2. This statue only covers powerful arms that our soldiers use!

3. Pistols, rifles and antique guns don't have to be registered.

4. Have YOU ever needed a machine gun?

You experience conflicting voices in your head on what to say, but suffering from schizophrenia, you're used to this. You end up telling the parliament "First off, when have you ever needed a machine gun, secondly this only covers high grade guns like Ozies, machine guns and rocket launchers. Antique guns, pistols, rifles and other low caliber weapons don't have to be registered for they are sufficient enough for hunting or self defense" another one of the legislators say "Awefully cavalier response from you, but as moderate as it seems, this sort of thing could lead to furthered authoritarianism and loss of liberty" you rebut "where in the past has the addition of a new regulation lead to tyranny, the prime minister is only proposing a high grade gun registration not the rise of communism or anything like that." Another legislator says "This may affect law abiding citizens, but criminals don't care about registries, they still get weapons off of the black market anyways."

what Is your response

1. Listen, do we want to give this thing legislative action or what!?

2. So? 

3. I suppose by that reasoning we should abolish police since criminals loath the police so much!

Feeling much more confident in a virtual world, you say "I suppose by that reasoning we should abolish police since criminals loath the police so much" a lot of the legislators stroke their respective chins before a legislator speaks up "but what if the next prime minister uses these regulations to be a worse tyrant than the late King Victor IX" you now blurt out hoping this world was like the America you left your body in "This is circular reasoning, senator you're only talking point is abuse of power and that's why after the constitution was signed into action after the assasination of the king! That constitution gives us checks and balances, that's why new laws go through us before becoming enforced, it's so we can check the tyranny of any given prime minister" all of legislators face palmed as they had been cprogrammed to do when there was a dissonance between the on Hold system's preprogrammed lore and the verbal expressions of the uploaded person.

what is your response

1. Embarrassingly step down from your podium and walk out of the parliamentary hall

2. Continue grandstanding hoping to get the legislators on your side

3. Ask the legislators how things work

4. Step down from the podium and hope to trigger a different reality of the on hold system

5. Metagame the on hold system  by asking the legislators what he is supposed to do in this reality.

You say from behind the podium "I realize you all aren't real by that grossly preprogrammed action, so tell me what am I supposed to do to get down from here or get me something that at least doesn't have monotony because I wasn't a legislator before being uploaded, I was unemployed and nearly broke. I want to know what this on-hold simulation, so I ask you all, what do you want me to do!?" And just like that, all 230 members of parliament had a blue moving half circle indicating that the on hold system was buffering, the program never expected any move like this. A pop-up prompt appears in front of your face reading "This may take a while: what measure would you like to take to get a faster response

[Lower rendering settings]

1. Lower the resolution from 4K to 480p

2. Lower the polygon count from real-life to windows XP

3. Decrease the draw distance as to have the back of the parliament be foggy and vague

[change method of communication]

4. From verbal speech to Text boxes at the bottom of your vision.

5. From verbal speech to thought and speech bubbles like a comic book

[cancel]

6. X out of this pop up and endure an uncertain amount of time buffering."

You X out of the dialog box as you watch in Isolation, you can't move or even speak, you are essentially a statue that won't move untill the program stops buffering, you are at the complete mercy of the program. The buffering signs feel like its going on for hours. Eventually, one of the legislators stop buffering and you can suddenly move and speak again, he says "you are supposed to accept or deny those three laws, either debate or go into another sim" 

what will you do?

1. Wait for everyone else to stop buffering to have a civil debate

2. Take advantage of the one legislator and approve laws quickly

3. Ask about where to put approved laws to override parliament at the risk of attending an impeachment trial later on in the civilization.

"So, do you motion the approval of the gun registry act "yes" the legislator says as you discover two stamps on the left hand side of the podium one that says "accepted" the other says "denied" you stamp accepted and you put the approved law to your right.

What's the next law you want to bring before parliament

1. Bilingual education in border provinces

2. Taxes and import tariffs on dark magic spellbooks

You say with a questioning tone at the end of the sentence  "I guess the second law I want to bring before parliament is the witchcraft taxation act of 5632?" "It's the way our calendar works, that's how long our country has been in existance, over 5000 years" feeling satisfied with the explanation you ask him before opening "what is your motion on taxing dark magic spellbooks by %20 and placing tariffs of %45 on Junian witchcraft literiture and witchcraft paraphanalia?" "Denied" the legislator says before another legislator stops buffering and says "the theocracy of Junia is a small country, a rule by priests and God-kings, it's not worth it" the first legislator says, why do we need the money from spellbook sales, where will the ministry of budget place it?" You say "these are dark magic spellbooks, the devil's number one vessel of power, as much as I hate discrimination of good witches, dark magic spellbooks should be taxed to keep this nation a moral nation?!" One of the legislators say "do you realize that prosecutors and detectives use dark magic to ask corpses who killed them, right?!"

How will you respond?

1. Yes, but what about spellbooks that come out bookstores

2. These taxes only cover black magic spellbooks used by cultists

3. Immoral magic will cause the appocolypse, zombies and plague will inevitably spread!

You tell the legislature "Yes, but what about spellbooks that come out bookstores. All spellbooks are equipped with both spells light and dark for you can't know the good magic without practicing the bad, that would be an authoritarian cult all its own. So I say yes on the spellbook tariffs, but no on the spellbook taxes, does anyone motion the compromise the legislators say "That ?" appears to be a fair compromise, so I motion the compromise to be met" "I motion as well." You stamped approved with an extra notice about the enforced compromise placed in to the folder and placed next to the approved gun law. "Last, but certainly not least, the bilingual border act, to me this is a no-brainer because culture and language still exceed a given country by a county or two" the legislators thought hard and knew that you are right "Motioned" they both they in unison and you stamp "accepted" on that new law. "Meeting adjourned" you say as everyone else stops buffering and now they all had angry facial expression "How dare you override us, I thought this was an open congress, not a communist dictatorship!"

how would you respond

1. So? you're just a computer program, why would I care about debating fictional entities.

2. I'm not a lawmaker and I wanted to get through this meeting quickly.

3. How can I debate someone who's buffering!?

4. This is only a simulation, not an actual server so none of the laws that I passed will even do anything!

"What are you all so hot and bothered about? this is just a simulation, nothing outside of this ever actually happens except maybe the increasing of my body's blood pressure in suspended animation!" Like that, all the angry legislators did a large and noticeable spastic jerk, they were polygons and they knew it, in fact their collective program said "our apologies, how would you like to go out and test the customize feature?" You replying "isn't that where I can change my appearence, like I'm an avatar?" The other legislator nods their head as a dialog box appeared in front of your face that reads

"Simulation complete, what do you want to do now?

1. Continue the simulation

2. Customize yourself in a vacuum

3. Start a different simulation"

And just like that, everything in your sight fades out to white as the customization loads up. You are in na vacuum, no one here, but yourself, you don't care about how others think, you can just be you. The only thing that needs to load up is a mirror with no frame, but it's suspended in midair and tall enough to see your whole body. You see the reflection of your own face studder and load up before looking exactly as you looked prior to uploading, this makes you feel like an NPC as your 6'0 tall slightly pudgy figure fleshes itself out. You walk up to the mirror as your suit and tie fade off of your body leaving you nude in a vacuum. You observe your glasslike brown eyes, black hair and roundish face flesh itself out from pixels with pores and imperfections pixelate themselves onto your face. You make faces in the mirror and you observe how pixels follow your living polygons, you may be nude, but you're to bewildered about being a videogame character to be aroused. Even stepping back and noticing your fully rendered package, brought about more bewilderment than arousel, you aren't even feel embarrassed of being out in an open space for you are the only one in this seemingly infinite white land.

A dialog box pops up and said

"welcome to the self customization realm, because you are still in the on hold system, your customizations aren't permanent and you don't have to buy your way out of a form or outfit, feel free to use this to experiment with looks and a style that suits you that you weren't able to do in the material world" 

the dialog box faded away and your mind races with possibilies as another dialog box appears, but just on the right hand side of your vision so you can still see how you are customizing yourself. The dialog box goes as follow.

"Customization

1. Species and/or race

2. Ethnicity

3. Gender

4. Face

5. Body and limbs

6. Hands and feet

7. Clothes and armor

8. Shoes and stockings"

There are two more options, but they are blacked out, for you can't select them with your current slate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back