• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Universe of Ambrodia (Open)

TheCountryWarrior

One Thousand Club
Welcome to a Universe of legends and stories! Where anyone can rise through the ranks of the Universe and become a Hero of the Masses or a Blight on the Whole of Existence.

This Universe is home to an infinite number of denizens, from insect people to plant people, rock people to flesh people.

You will embark on a journey marked by your own choices, and those of the people you meet. How the Universe perceives you is up to you alone.

On the Meta level: you can contribute to the Universe in many ways! Create Factions, Races, Planets, and more!

The idea is that you can play with others or play with only yourself and me: the NPCs of the world.

Craft a story with only you and other players, or embark on an adventure with the RpM as the NPCs that you don't control.

Tensions are rising between The United Republic and The Imperial Dynasty, Pirates are running rampant, and Crime Bosses are gaining popularity and power. Times like these often spawn great Heroes and terrible Villains.

Which are you?

Characters
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/the-universe-of-ambrodia-characters.335643/

Lore
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/the-universe-of-ambrodia-lore.335523/

OOC
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/the-universe-of-ambrodia-ooc.335639/

Last edited:
Close Orbit of the star Jad'Rakar

Queen Da-yaara stood pacing back and fourth through the cockpit. She was half an hour into the refueling process and already was growing impatient. Sitting back in the captains chair like a pouting child she pressed the Engineers comm button on her chair, the window shifted into a screen displaying the Engineering room she cleared here throat and spoke. "How's it going in there?" She asked. "Half way done your Majesty." The engineer said whirling around and kneeling, an arm across his chest and an arm set on the ground.
Da-yaara rolled her eyes. "Get up, let me know when we are done..." She disconnected without waiting for a response, out the right side window she watched the blue star Jad'Rakar. The blue stream of energy that was being pulled into the Lantallian was easily mesmerizing. She checked the heat shielding for the third time seeing it at 100% integrity yet again. "Star travel was supposed to be interesting." She groaned reclining in he chair...​
The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior

As the blue star shone spectacularly against the cold expanse of black nothingness, a shining blue gem on a sea of void, several large energy spikes strike at the sensors of the ship, as something like that normally would happen during the final stage of leaving hyperdrive. Upon closer inspection, however, nothing is there...not even a blip on a radar. A few seconds later, however, a single wibble of energy in front of the sun appears as a relatively large, around the size of a large skyscraper on its side, black ship appears silhouetted against the star.

As Faren'dun jumps out of hyperdrive, he soon spots another ship. Telepathically communicating with the other fighters to stay cloaked, the Mg'Thunian 'royal' presses a button on the strange, alien console that lowers the shield. He presses the underused comms button in hopes for a reply, but he is very wary of the ship. The only reason the ship isn't dust and ash right now is because he simply does not recognize the design of the ship, and it is his job to recognize things like that. Three Braculats hover in the air near their overlord, as they wait for a command. With some luck, they'll get a new body today.

The DoomyFish The DoomyFish

As the blue star shone spectacularly against the cold expanse of black nothingness, a shining blue gem on a sea of void, several large energy spikes strike at the sensors of the ship, as something like that normally would happen during the final stage of leaving hyperdrive. Upon closer inspection, however, nothing is there...not even a blip on a radar. A few seconds later, however, a single wibble of energy in front of the sun appears as a relatively large, around the size of a large skyscraper on its side, black ship appears silhouetted against the star.

As Faren'dun jumps out of hyperdrive, he soon spots another ship. Telepathically communicating with the other fighters to stay cloaked, the Mg'Thunian 'royal' presses a button on the strange, alien console that lowers the shield. He presses the underused comms button in hopes for a reply, but he is very wary of the ship. The only reason the ship isn't dust and ash right now is because he simply does not recognize the design of the ship, and it is his job to recognize things like that. Three Braculats hover in the air near their overlord, as they wait for a command. With some luck, they'll get a new body today.

When the ship dropped out of warp lights and a few alarms went off. Another ship? Which definitely wasn't one of theirs. Immediately several officers came into the cockpit taking seats at their stations. One by one they checked in on the systems.
A smile creeped across the Queen's face. "Stop refueling and pull Away from the dome." She demanded the Operator sitting at the top left seat responded with "Power levels at 62%" Da-yaara nodded and said "Raise shields..."
"Incoming Signal your Majesty" said the communications officer.
"Put it on screen."​
The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald

As the screen switches on, a strange tentacled face looks back at the crew, seemingly watching them all. Faren'dun was sitting quite some distance away from his screen, and as a result it was clear to see that he was seated upon a raised dais within a black metal room filled with various screens and consoles, all written in strange languages. Floating around the head of this octopus-esque figure float three strange creatures. They appear to be almost like brains, each with their own long winding tentacles. As these small beings watch with stalked eyes, the faint clatter of their beaks echo through the silent chamber of the alien's bridge, the crew seemingly anticipating his orders.

"Greetings. I am Overlord Faren'dun, of the Mg'Thun Empire. I do not recognize your kind...I wish to speak to your leader, if that is possible. If not, we are...diplomatic people. I'm sure we could come to an arrangement."

His voice is slow and somewhat muffled by his tentacles (think Hermaeus Mora from Elder Scrolls) and his gaze is disturbing, yet there appears to be sincerity in his thick voice.

When the Warlord appeared on the screen Da-yaara purred in anticipation, as her translators scanned the dialect of the beings she stared at it trying to see if she could learn anything from it.
After a few moments the communications officer typed a few buttons. "The dialect has a 79% similarity to ancient sithian, hear it is translated your Majesty."

She nodded to the Warlord a full minute after his transmission but responded in a roughly similar lauguage "The Leader is speaking, I am Queen Da-yaara Mihndi, there is a planet In close proximity to this star, what say we meet there on slightly more even terms" She said . She knew she was at a disadvantage where she was, and figured getting to the surface would put them on slightly more even terms.

The Overlord simply nods in agreement, and telepathically tells his fleet to follow his ship to the surface. As he does this, he seems to pull out a strange golden object with unknown purpose. Usually a person could easily tell what an alien gun is, or an alien communication device is but this artifact...it seems to be just a thing. However, as he grasps it his face seems to contort as if he was struggling with something, and one of the officers on the Lantallian would feel a slight headache, but it vanishes soon enough, along with the communication link.

Unknown to the crew, he had actually just probed their brains to learn their language (I don't think that's nonsense for a being that can mind control to be able to do, but I can change this if you want). Still, he believes an alliance would be much better, as he doesn't think he could mind control any of these people - they are simply too intelligent. As he contemplates this, his ship starts heading towards the planet, getting there rather quickly. About four or five other ships, that seemed to have surrounded the Lantallian, remove their cloaks and follow suit.

The flagship and two of the fighters land, while the others stay hovering above. Overlord Faren'dun walks out with two bodyguards of the same species wielding rifles of some description, alongside one of those brain creatures from before.

When the Communications disconnected queen Da-yaara begins to give her orders yet again. "Guards to me, take us to the surface, Da-Ler stay close and keep your eyes on the Mg'Thun Guards. If all goes well we may gain another Ally for the Uprising." She smiled at the last part. One of her officers groaned a bit raising his hand to his temple. "Problem Cha-Balak?" The Queen said on her way out. "Just a headache your majesty I'll check it out in the Med bay." With a nod she made her way to the loading ramp as the ship came to a landing. After a brief scan of the atmosphere each Methuselan made a few minor adjustments to their genes so they could breath the air,withstand the pressure, and be comfortable in the temperature.
Afterwards the ramp dropped and the queen stepped out with two guards of her own. Though they seemed to be unarmed, each had two silverish spheres on their hips, and each had powerful Physical Gene mods. "So what might I ask is it you wish to bring to the table?" She said in the sithian dialect.​
The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald akumashioni akumashioni

He smiles, and replies in almost perfect Methuselan. As he slowly speaks his response, he and his men examine all the others around them, seemingly judging their weaponry and armour. Still, they do not do anything else but that - they didn't do anything without orders from their Overlord. "Simple," he says, "I propose a non-aggression pact. Your empire do not attack us, and my empire will not do the same. Perhaps, in time, this could evolve into a confederate? Perhaps we could share technologies so that both our empires grow in strength."

It appears that only Faren'dun owns the golden artifact from before, and it dangles from his belt at easy reach for his hand. He also appears to own a pistol of some sort, but that doesn't seem as well used as the golden artifact.

The DoomyFish The DoomyFish akumashioni akumashioni

Da-Ler nodded to Da-Yaara, ebbing out from view before her eyes. "Staying close is my specialty." Da-Yaara could hear the smirk in his voice.
As the group exited the ship, they were met with the guards and what appeared to be an ambassador of sorts, most likely his highest priority target if things went south.
He sat perched on the hull of the ship, clinging to it like an insect, his armor making no sound as it bent the waves around him.
Though he made no sound, he himself could hear nothing over the sound of his noise cancelling helmet, which was blasting music into his long ears. "Hmm..." he thought to himself, "whatever that gold object is... this guy never keeps his hands too far from it.."
The DoomyFish The DoomyFish The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald
(Da-Ler is listening to )

Queen Da-yaara thought about the offer for a moment, or at least acted like she was. In reality she had already made her decision.
After a few moments of silence she responded this time in her own tongue. "That sounds Easily accomplished, though I do have a question for you before any pacts or agreements are made." She looked up to the stars above this uninhabited world. "Soon terraforming ships will arrive from our system, and they will turn this planet into something worth occupying..." Looking back to the Mg'Thun Warlord her smile faded. "That's beside the point however, what are your feelings towards the United Republic and the Imperial Dynasty." As she said this there was a twinkle in her eye and her muscles went relaxed in preparation of an assault. The guards seemed to take similar stances yet none reached for their weapons.​

(hes not a warlord XD)

As the Queen mentions talk about terraforming, one of the Mg'Thun guards looks up to the star with her in a more...paranoid way than anything else. Satisfied that the guard saw nothing, however, Faren'dun simply smiled at the queen as she continues with her speech. Upon being asked the question, however, Faren'dun spends a few seconds to think of the answer he truthfully believes in. His brow furrows unnaturally, almost seeming to quiver and shift slightly under the skin, as he thinks intensely on the matter. "They are the human factions, if I'm not mistaken," he finally says slowly, but without hesitation, "but I have never personally met one of their representatives. To the Mg'Thun Empire, however, they mean little to us, positive nor negative - they are simply there. They don't seem to want a war, but we see little reason to formally ally with them." He says, somewhat suspicious of her guards's sudden movements, but thinks little of it. Should he be attacked, he'd simply find a new body while his fighters bombard the planet.

Da-Ler's voice could be heard over the line of communications, "Hey, uhh... This is my first crack at diplomacy and ehhhh.. That wasn't a very straight answer... Do I... Do I kill em still..?"
He grew tense as he readied himself to strike.

Queen Da-yaara's serious look seemed to melt away as the Mg'Thun Ambassador answered. Her guards also seemed to relax as well. "In my opinion those children are causing a ruckus with their conflict, then need to be... Seperated." She said with a very devilish grin. "If you will provide aide in doing so then Your non Aggression pact will be on the table, and we will also provide military support to your people should they need it." Da-yaara's smile grew notably less Wicked as her brother crackled over the intercom. Instead of responding with words she placed a hand behind her back in a way Da-Ler could see and made a signal with her hand saying "Absolutely Not".
akumashioni akumashioni The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald

Faren'dun smiles at the answer, as he telepathically communicates to the other Overlords. They seemed very pleased with this transaction - a strong possible ally, and possibilities of new worlds to...'inhabit'. The Mg'Thun guards seemed to feel this satisfaction as well, as they shift to place their rifles in one hand with the butt of the spear-like gun on the floor almost like a salute of some kind. As they do, the other cloaked ships uncloak themselves, and head to land. "Well", Faren'dun says to the Queen, "the other Overlords seem pleased with this deal. I trust this to be the start of a long friendship between our species." He says, smiling under his tentacles. "Still, I must wonder - why is the Queen of such an intellectual species travelling with little support?"

As the Mg'Thun Guards relaxed queen Da-yaara knew the offer was satisfactory. "A very long, and prosperous, friendship." She said Bowing very slightly.when Faren'dun asked about her guard she let a bit of a chuckle out. "Well my friend we've never had need for a large army, a single common Methuselan soldier is usually more than most can handle, and I don't travel with common Methuselan soldiers ." She said gesturing for Da-Ler to Make himself known. "We Methuselan's tend to value quality over quantity my friend." She said with confidence, one that was mirrored by the two guards at her side.

Da-Ler smirked at the chance to make himself known to these guys, they seemed to be relaxed so it was the perfect time to make a big entrance anyways.
He pushed off of the ships hull, moving silently at 300 mph with almost no effort and popping his blade charges in the air above the group, creating a brilliant flash of purple in the shape of an "X" followed by a sonic boom as he sped to the side of Faren'dun, resting his chin on the alien ambassador's shoulder so his lips were next to his ear. "And quality is my specialty bud."
The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald The DoomyFish The DoomyFish

All at once, the entire guard aimed their black rifles at Da-Ler, and for a single second an intense pain, although not damaging, would wash over his head. However, this effect is temporary as a second later they all return back to their relaxed position. Faren'dun simply smiles at Da-Ler, then steps away from him as he looks back at the Queen. "I assure you, my queen, we have similar tastes. We Mg'Thun have our own tricks as well, and our armies are more designed for...infiltration than that of full frontal assaults. Should you, however, have need of our allied planet's armies, simply ask." He says, looking back towards his ship. "Well, then, I suppose you want us off this planet so you can start terraforming?" All of his guards look at Da-Ler, as he presented himself more as the threat to their Overlord. The Braculats, however, seem more interested in the normal guards, clacking their beaks repeatedly yet don't do anything else.

The sharp pain caught him off guard, in that moment he considered his Kaku armor, its purpose was to block waves, but his foolishness had brought him in contact with an alien lifeform he had not yet genetically scanned and prepared a defense for.. had he made his first mistake his last?
The pain went away as he finished the thought, taking with it any sort of lesson he had learned.
"How's it goin guys?" Da-Ler cocked his head to the side and waved at them, not at all diminishing his threatening aura.
The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald The DoomyFish The DoomyFish

The queen smirked at her brothers entrance and when the blasters raised neither her nor her guards flinched. "Indeed." She responded to his first comment then turning on her heel she Began to walk to the Lantallian "There terraformer will be here in just a few moments. And it would be wise to vacate as you said. You can watch the process safely from a few planet widths away." The guards followed behind her as they went up the Lantallian's ramp.

New easily visible on its approach to the planet was the massive terraformer. It was at least the twice the size of the Earth's moon and was spherical in shape. As it took its place in orbit a large portion of it began to open up. Inside the opening blue plasma began to flicker and charge.
Once all the ships had left the planet it fired a column of the blue energy into the planet, stripping it of it's atmosphere and reducing the planet to a molten orb in just a few minutes. Soon the giant machine would begin rapidly cooling the planet, then the cloning of the lesser animals and colonization would begin.
akumashioni akumashioni The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald

Inside the Lantallian the Queen celebrated her new alliance with her crew allowing them to drink in shifts as they prepped for their next journey. Swirling the wine in her glass she called out to her brother. "What mods were you using? Even I lost sight of you for a moment." Clearly she was a bit tipsy already, whenever she got drunk her mind always went to Gene mods and Combat.
akumashioni akumashioni

Meanwhile, Faren'dun's fleet had parked itself relatively close to the Lantallian, not quite within visible range but still detectable by radar, and seems to be just within communication range. After all, Faren'dun might need to relay information to their new allies should they need it, or should the other Overlords require knowledge of their own. At the moment, he doesn't seem that fussed about communicating anyway, so the radio lines were effectively dead on his ship (since they use telepathy to communicate, they don't need communicators or anything like that). After a few minutes of preparation, however, hundreds of tiny little black balls, just little blips on the radar, shoot off at light speed towards the other planetary bodies in the solar system and go to survey them. Atmosphere composition, gravity, even soil acidity were all being recorded by the Mg'Thun flagship for their grand database. A few orbs even seemed to head towards the star of the system.

While the survey was going on, Faren'dun had decided to feast on a lovely little beetle-like bug creature, along with his crew, and had wrapped his face tentacles around the bug's brain. Not as satisfying as a proper brain, like that of a human or one of the many enslaved races in the Mg'Thun Empire, but the bug creature seemed to hold enough brain activity to be considered a decent meal.

akumashioni akumashioni The DoomyFish The DoomyFish TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior

Several blips appeared on the various ships scanners: a Class G Light Cruiser, and 10 Class S single person Fighters.

(Note: The Letters give a hint as to a ships overall strength. Zs are junky fighters that crawled out of a scrap pile, while As are top notch fighters that could take on a small fleet with a bit of luck.

Also, different ships have their own letters. A Class A Fighter is different from a Class A Capital Warship. So in this case your up against 10 meh-level Fighters and one okay-level Light Cruiser.)

Looking out the windows they all have random markings from firefights, and paint splotches.

A signal makes its way to all your ships. A head, obscured by a helmet, peers through your screens. "Hellooooo!" The voice seemed gruff, and not friendly in the slightest. "I have a proposal for you people. You jettison anything valuable into deep space, where my friends will pick it up. Or. We will rip you apart and take it anyway." They seem to be moving to surround you all. What do you do?

The DoomyFish The DoomyFish The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald akumashioni akumashioni

Faren'dun watches as the blips appear on his scanners, and quickly communicates to his men. Upon receiving the telepathic command, all of the ships in his fleet instantly go into cloaking mode, and disappear from everyone's scanners (except maybe the Lantallian, since it is a ship from a more advanced race). However, no weapons are heated up from them, as they wish to stay hidden. In an instant, however, a single Braculat is teleported onto one of the fighter ships (they're only the size of a coconut or so) and, presuming the hostile can't really do much against a brain eating tentacle monster...well, I'm sure you read their bio. However, this process would take a minute or so even if it worked.

In the meantime, however, the speaker on the comms screen would feel an incredible urge to shoot himself in the face as Faren'dun gets annoyed by his presence.

The DoomyFish The DoomyFish TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior akumashioni akumashioni

As the Pirates began to make their demands Queen Da-yaara grinned.
"We surrender Feel free to board us But I should mention we aren't carrying much, we are just a royal transport." She hoped they would take the bait and attempt to take her prisoner. Then her and her men could shred the fleet from the inside out. Once she ended the transmission she gave orders to her soldiers. "Stand down for now prep your combat genes, if they take us on board excellent if not be ready to raise the shields. And Someone get on our turret. Da-Ler you are my shadow." She prepared her own genes, tactile Telekinesis, Energy projection, and flight. Her survival mods were in place should she have to travel through the vacuum of space. As she walked to the storage bay she noticed the crew doing the same thing. With a smile she grew excited at the prospect of battle. "Perhaps our new Mg'Thun allies are still watching, it would do them good to see what we can offer them in defense."
The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald akumashioni akumashioni TheCountryWarrior TheCountryWarrior

The man on the speaker looks down, to what one can assume is the ships scanner. "What the- Where did they..." He stops, pulls a pistol out of a holster and shoots himself in the head. Someone behind stares in horror, and rushed to turn off the comms. The screes shows static as communications are cut. While the Braculat's efforts show no immediate results, one of the ships stops moving.

The Queen deactivates the transmission before she can see anything that happens.

The Light Cruiser starts turning around, seeming to be getting into a position to leave. The other ships follow suit, save one that seems to be immobile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back