• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Un-natural Powers

(Sorry I was gone, I was doing something)

Lila rubbed her head. "Ugh, I have a terrible headache." She turned to Kiro."I don't know really….anyway, I need to get back where I'm not out in the open." Lila began walking back into the woods, away from the two others.

Vocoome tilted his head in puzzlement and went after her.

"Wait, you're a vampire aren't you? Then how exactly are you not bursting into flames out in sunlight?" He questioned curiously. He blamed his curiosity on the fact that he really hadn't spoken with another person in quite some time... not since his best friend had- once again, Vocoome shook his head to shake away his train of thought from going down an unpleasant track.

"Well, I'm not full vampire, I think. I'm not certain of anything." She squinted her eyes, and peered at him, as if trying to read his mind. "When was the last time you were around others?"

Vocoome's eyes widened in surprise at first at her question with slight shock, before he shook that away with a sigh, looking away.

"For some time..." He replied discreetly, though truthfully he wasn't fully sure how long it had been. He didn't know these people... and therefore they didn't need to know about him. His best friend... he could practically hear him shaking his head at Vocoome's distrust of the world around him but then again, he was dead. Where had his openness gotten him?

He remembered the day well. At his former home, just a make-shift camp really, they had given refuge to a band of travelers. Or at least they had just looked like travelers. They had turned out to be bandits and they had killed the majority of the people... those he had known his whole life... even his best friend had fallen victim. Peako had been his name and he had been their camp medic. They had been friends since they were young boys. He had even been treating some of these bandits... and they had killed him. He had spent several months as those bandits' prisoner. Something they poked at for fun, since they had never seen anything like him before. And during that time, Vocoome had grown hardened to the idea of petty things such as trust.

Vocoome blinked away the bitter recollection of thoughts and his eyebrows narrowed.

"How can you not be sure of who you are?" He questioned, crossing his arms skeptically.

Lila turned leaned back against a tree. "I...I think I have amnesia. I don't really know. Anyways, Sorry about Peako...it sounds awful. Did anyone else from your camp survive?"

Vocoome's eyes widened in surprise at the mention of Peako's name.

"H-how do you...?" He stammered in disbelief.

Vocoome was still staring at her in disbelief as he shook his head slowly 'no'. How could she have known about Peako...?

"Oh......well, I am sorry about him. Maybe, I, um, I don't know, read your mind? Is that something people, um, do these days? Here, let me try something. Think about something, anything."

Vocoome was bewildered. A mind reader? was that possible? A vampire mind reader? he tried to come up with something to think about but all he could really think was how ridiculous this all was.

"I agree, it is kind of ridiculous. But seriously, try to think of something." She rubbed her temples. "Hold on, I think, that my name might be Lila? I'm not sure yet though."

@Lavenri

Last edited by a moderator:
Vocoome looked at her in amazement.

"I did think something! And it was that this was all ridiculous!" He exclaimed. "That's amazing and... well kind of creepy."

Vocoome let out a huff and crossed his arms defensively.

"Excuse me! I'd preffer if you didn't pry around in my thoughts thank you! And for the record, I haven't got messed up thoughts!"

"I can't help it! And, most of the men Iv'e met have had really messed up gross thoughts, so I just assumed that you were like them." She muttered some things under her breath.

"Well," Vocoome started defensively. "In case you didn't notice, I am not exactly like most men!" He snapped, turning away from her.

"Don't go digging around in what isn't yours and that includes my thoughts, thank you very much!"

Peako was a very sore subject and this idiotic Vampire with no regard for others' privacy had just undug everything he had worked hard to bury. He had been Vocoome's best friend... and he was gone now. Killed in cold blood... and it wasn't fair! Of all people, Peako did not deserve it. He would never have harmed anyone and Vocoome knew it! The man had been a pacifist after all! He was morally against harming others! He had only wanted to help them...

Lila reached her hand out, and placed it on Vacoome's shoulder. "Just so you know, I really am sorry about Peako. I'm sure he really didn't deserve his fate."

Vocoome shook off her hand with another huff and moved to sit with his back against one of the nearby trees, his sight set on the ground before him as he watched a couple ants wander too and fro.

"He was murdered... and I intend on finding those damn bandits and making them pay..."

She stood in awkward scilence. "Um, well, I guess I'll be off then. I'm sorry for troubling you." She turned her back on him, and went silently into the woods.

Vocoome rolled his eyes. Sorry for troubling him? That was all she had to say for herself was that she was 'sorry for troubling him'? She had just shaken up every part of his mind and that was what she had to say for it?

"Just like a woman..." He grunted irritably.

Lila continued into the quickly darkening forest. She sniffled and tried to hold back tears. She was extremly empathetic, and she had been struggling to hold back her tears as she had seen what had happened to Peako. She gave up on holding them back, since she thought she was out of ear shot, and they came pouring out, along with several noises.

Vocoome, upon hearing the sobs looked up and out into the forest where the Vampire girl had run off. Puzzled, he stood to his feet and followed the sounds out to where the girl was. Okay, now he was just confused.

"Uh, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" He questioned, it came out a bit harsher than he had meant it too but little could be done about that. He wasn't exactly in the best of moods.

She sniffled, and pulled away from him, putting her head in her knees. "Im sorry. I'm sorry I made you remember. I'm sorry for looking in your mind. I'm sorry about what happened to Peako. I saw everything. I'm just sorry."

Vocoome let out a long sigh and sat beside her quietly.

"Yeah..." He said. "I'm sorry about what happened to him too... He was a neat guy. He came to our village when he was about nine. I was six. I wasn't liked by many people in the village. They thought I was some sort of bad omen, or something like that. Peako was... a pretty nervous kid. His aunt had brought him to us from an abusive home. She wanted a better life for him. Whenever the other kids his age asked if he wanted to play, he could hardly even speak to them, let alone play. I didn't have any friends at that point and when I started talking to him... I dunno, we just kind of clicked." Vocoome smiled at the fond memory of he and Peako used to run around the camp playing ball or trying to sneak apples out of the food storage tent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back