• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Twelve Vessels

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
RizaTiz RizaTiz - interacted with
Typewriter Typewriter - mentioned
Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia - interacted with
Okuni-sw3-art.jpgHaruko's attention went back to Lance when answered her and she smiled. "All of it really but the design is what caught my attention the most and actually I'm from Mauve....well I grew up there anyway. I was born in Haritha." Good looked like there was someone here she could be friends with. Suddenly she heard someone yelling out excuse me trying to get everyone's attention. Haruko turned her head towards Fintis. Basically he was saying they needed more of fool proof plan before they started racing off into unknown danger which Haruko did not disagree with but it seemed like there was already a plan. Not a detailed plan but a plan that seemed good enough to her. Strange how she suddenly felt so ready to defend all of this. Maybe it was because of the memories that the gem had gave her that made her want to do it that and well....the entire world was at stake! Like she didn't realize that when at first and now that she did um yeah she could understand very well why they were needed. Then she heard a comment that really ticked her off.

"So let me get this straight? You want US to go on a potentially fatal journey to SAVE THE WORLD?. Yeah right, you don't need us... you need our gems. Otherwise we'd just be more trash to scoff at on the side of the road. You want me to risk my life? I EXPECT payment. I'm a Freelancer... pay me. I want coin, lots of coin. Enough to convince me that I should consider this suicide mission"

She stood up and looked at him. "Are you serious right now? Payment? So let me get this straight. The entire world is in danger of being destroyed and your one of the ones that can help save it yet the only way you'll do it is if you get paid? I would hope you want to do it just out of oh I don't know kindness, concern hell your life is on the line here to you know! Jeez some people are just so inconsiderate." She sat back down. "You know I was not happy to be here at first either but after hearing what's at stake I will be glad to help." She then added under breath. "Though I rather not be involved in the actual fighting part."

Alba Teno
The Jeweled Temple
Standing around with the Vessels
Notable interactions: animegirl20 animegirl20 Typewriter Typewriter Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

Alba walked to a corner of the room and sat on the floor. He listened intently as Fintus and Haruko made their positions known and the shadowy one, Freks, demanded payment for his help in saving the world. When he left, his goal was to explore all that the world had to offer but a soft voice in his head argued if that was all he wanted. 'You listened to hundreds of those stories about heroes and here is your chance to become one! After promising to make everyone at home proud, you get a chance and all you want to is run. Coward.'

"Because I'm not stupid? This is a suicide mission and my blade is barely out of the planning stage, we don't know if it will shatter while fighting. I just don't want to die..." Alba lowered his head and dug into his bag when he grabbed his arrowhead necklace which glowed in the bits of sunlight that were peering in. He remembered that his mother made him promise something, something he had run from since he left home and now was his chance to stop running and stand.

'This wasn't what any of them wanted either and yet most are rising to the task. You get this one chance to make things right but I can't tell you that it will be sunshine and rainbows. I can't force you to take it. What do you choose?' The inner voice didn't speak again and after putting the necklace on, Alba stood with newfound confidence. He walked back to the main hall to join the others.

"I can understand shadow boy wanting some type of reward for his assistance in something that could get him killed and the view that the stones are a part of us and should stay that way but I think that rewards and the such should wait until after we win or at least until we at least see what you can really do. How do we know you're worth the pay? Umbrella girl and Quiet boy are right, the stakes here are bigger than any of us so we should at least do our best to work together, if not for the world than for ourselves. After this is over, we can all kill or hate each other to our heart's content." Alba stated his points and glanced at Freks to see what his response would be but kept a hand near his blade as the man or boy seemed like the temperamental type.

The Jeweled Temple
Conversing with the Vessels

The hooded Freks remained silent. The Peridot in his belly button was pushing him to join up. However Freks never acted unless he benefited in the end. This quest to hunt down these mythical items sounded like a death trap. If he was going to go on a journey that would kill him. Freks wanted compensation. Not just for himself, but for his family as well. Heroism and justice were manmade concepts that motivated people to get themselves killed. Yeah he understood the world could end. Although he also valued his life. Stepping back into the shadows, Freks would pop out at unexpected points.

"Me? How do I know ANY of you won't choke and get us all killed? I have no idea what any of you will do when things go south... which they will"

Freks wasn't temperamental, he was a survivor. Growing up in a desert city where corrupt officials and thieves took what little you had instilled a sense of understanding in Freks. In this world, power was everything. It was then that Freks realized something. There were more loose gems like Peridot right? If Freks could get his hands on them, he'd be on top. Nothing would get in his way. He turned his gaze to the elder who summoned them.

"On second thought, I'll give you a discount~"

Interactions: animegirl20 animegirl20 Alba Teno Alba Teno Shame Shame

Rupert
Local: The Pickaxe
Rupert waited patiently outside of the commanders office. His body at a rigid state of attention unflinching and drawing the attention of many passerby. The head quarters was impressive to say the least. Not that Rupert had a mind for architecture but he knew good stone and wood when he saw it. The location was defendable enough but the troops he saw milling about seemed to lack the training and discipline of the soldiers from his homeland. Perhaps looks were deceiving and even if they weren’t Rupert was here for something bigger. He could hold his head high once again with a cause to call his own.

It seemed the commotion from the office had subsided and Rupert clearly heard his name mentioned so he figured it was a good time to report. Lumbering over to the entrance you could hear the floorboards protest under the sheer weight of Rupert. Clad in full plate armor with his weapon at on his back was a Nuri tradition. To stay battle ready at all times until the end of your daily duties. The Miners Rupert saw at headquarters were a bit more casually dressed but Rupert refused that comfort. The adage of old habits dying hard seemed to hold true. With a brisk knock at the door to announce his presence Rupert entered the office presenting himself to those inside.

“No need to have anyone fetching me Commander. I am ‘ere to report for duty Ser.” Rupert’s booming voice had hints of a rural Nuri often used by common soldiers. With an emotionless expression Rupert snapped to attention paying his respect to the commander and his guests. The commander looked more like the type of soldier Rupert was used to but the same could not be said about his guests. A little girl and a woman who seemed like she didn’t get nearly enough sleep were in front of the commander. They seemed to be at odds and if looks could kill those women could’ve been warriors on par with Rupert.

“What are ‘ure orders Ser?”

Shame Shame Gabe Gabe RizaTiz RizaTiz

Last edited:
Sieglinde
Jewel Temple, Phailan

Sieglinde looked behind to Haruko and rolled her eyes at her playfully. "Maybe if you just come along when I asked politely I would've." Turning her attention back to the Vessel she watched her illusions change with each situation, her smile fading with each illusion. Noticing the rash around her hand Sieglinde couldn't help but grimace a little seeing the rash. She let her hand slid off the Vessel's shoulder and taking her hand, inspecting the rash on it.

"Well.. I can't say for sure if we'll stay here all the time, but I do know that scratching at your gem like this won't get rid of it. It's not some bear trap you can escape from." She let her hand go and Sieglinde let hers fall to her side. "It's apart of you now, and it makes you and those like you special. I think it's something to be proud of, plus you got those fancy illusions now. You couldn't do it before right? I'd say that's a good upside." She looked at the ground and away from the girl for a second before returning her gaze to her eyes. "But, yeah I understand. It's tough leaving family behind, but I'm sure you're uncle can handle things without you. Oh and, before we continue, I'm Sieglinde, a Jewel obviously. If you need something - or just want me to shut up - feel free to ask." She chuckled at her own little joke and did a tiny bow with a mock flourish of her hand and was about to say something else when two other Vessels' rather loud outbursts stole her attention away. Sieglinde took a single arrow out of her quiver and started idly twirling it in her fingers as a boy in a black hood rambled on about payment.

Interactions: Camden Camden animegirl20 animegirl20

b42G5j8.png

Gyrus, Capital of Elmas

Before he even managed to step out of the door, a rather large obstacle stopped him in his tracks. As he looked the man in the face, his eyebrows shot up in surprise, a pleased smile on his face. "Ah, Rupert. Nuri's efficiency at its finest. Good morning." He turned at his axis, facing Emily and Ava again. "Emily, this is Rupert. He'll be assisting you with the heavy cargo. He's a fine soldier, but please, keep the baton away from him. Like I said, don't want to deal with harassment today." Turning again to face the full plated man, he placed a hand on his shoulder plate. "I believe you know Emily Swrin, the Master Alchemist. She's going to need some strong arm for the cargo that we'll be taking to Phallia. Assist her the same way you would assist me - After all, she's a Canary. And assist Ava if she needs something as well, alright?" He tapped his shoulder, with a look of "It's your problem now" and left the room. First order of business is to check with the apothecaries, then, handle the carriages and finally, assign personnel. The day was only starting.
Shame Shame Jecht Jecht RizaTiz RizaTiz

PiaThe Jeweled Temple, Phailin

Just a few days ago Pia was simply sailing across the waves of her home, and now she sat on a bench made of stone her eyes wandering around the building. The glass that hung above the robed man at the front glistened a spectrum of colors that awed Pia. Her eyes never left the glass as the man spoke. It all seemed like a dream, well more like a nightmare from the manner in which he spoke. The atmosphere was tense in the room which was not a surprise considering this organization called 'The Jewels' all gathered a group of strangers into a room expecting them to willfully accept their words.

Then the man spoke of a nursery rhyme that everyone seemed to be familiar with. Pia never liked the rhyme considering the grim words that are written in it. Suddenly the sky darkened, swallowing the rainbow hues away and leaving them with shattered glass all around. Pia was quick to throw her arms over her head to protect her face from the shards, but they were still exposed to the glass. Unfortunately a few pieces managed to scratch the girl's hands leaving behind a few bloody cuts for her to tend to. "Great," Pia muttered as she tore off a small piece of her cloth and began cleaning the blood off.

The man in front seem unfazed and continued on telling them of what they were to do next, all laying it out as though they were obedient creatures. He finished off his announcement with the allowance of questions, which some individuals quickly jumped on the chance.

A boy with black hair and a red vest spoke out first followed by an outcry of a girl that certainly was voicing Pia's own thoughts. Should they really embark on this perilous journey all on the basis of a nursery rhyme? Several more voices piped up in response to the robed man's words. Words of disbelief, sarcasm, reassurance, and encouragement were being thrown about. Pia at this point did not know what to think or what she should be thinking.

Does Pia want to embark on this quest? Will they even succeed? Subconsciously she could feel her hand reaching around to lightly touch the gem on her back, the stone she found in the sea. Thinking about the sea caused images of her home to pop up in her mind. That was where she wanted to be, but it also seemed to be a place that was doomed if they didn't do anything. Certainly it was odd that a gemstone stuck itself on her, so there must be some validity to their words since they were aware of their odd abilities.

"How much time would we have to find the rest of the pieces?" Pia finally looked over to the robed man, somewhat accepting the situation at hand. There was certainly fear in her heart, but death was inevitable for the living. So Pia thought why not die trying to save the world? It would certainly be a more honorable death than dying from being stranded at sea.

Emily Swrin

She jumped in surprise when Gallien punched the desk. She knew he cared for them and he didn't want her to get hurt but she also didn't want him to get hurt.
She also wanted to prove how good she was. She went over to the table when Gallien got the map and listened to him.

"Okay, we need to travel cautiously. Who knows if the Jewels have something planned ahead, so I'm taking the safe route here, especially since you two are here. We will leave the Pickaxe tomorrow, going northwest to Biyn, where we can get the major supplies of Emily's workshop. From there, we head to Gagan, where the dense forest might
help us tread quietly, and then we reach Phallin."

"....Alright."

She saw as Gallien stared at Ava. She didn't bother listening. She began getting lost in thought about how she would show both of them how useful she really is.
Sure. Ava could do alchemy but she wasn't efficient. It would take her longer than Emily to create a potion and would waste more materials. One of the few good things that she had going for her is that sometimes the potion would have better potency than Emily's, but Emily would never admit that. Emily on the other hand could make enough potion mixture to fill up 100 medium sized bottles in half an hour and have them in a very good quality. She also had more knowledge about the materials needed to create a mixture.

Emily snapped back into reality when Gallien turned to her and said:
"I'm going to send a word to the apothecaries of Gyrus, see how many of them can help. You can borrow any room you want, just make sure to use your baton as little as possible. The last thing I want now is harassment reports."

"....Alright....but I won't hesitate to use it if needed."

The boy that had entered the room a few moments ago, piled up the papers nicely and placed them on the table. "Great. Thank you. One more thing: I want you to fetch Rupert - big guy, mean face, you can't miss him - and direct him to Emily. Tell him he's required for a strong arm, he won't miss the opportunity to show his strength."

Emily didn't like the idea but she knew she had to have somebody strong with her.
She didn't want to relive the traumatizing moment in her life again.

Gallien went to leave the room but was stopped but another large man.
"Rupert huh..." She said quietly to herself. She's seen him around but has never really interacted with him much.
Gallien turned around to face her and Ava as he said:

"Emily, this is Rupert. He'll be assisting you with the heavy cargo. He's a fine soldier, but please, keep the baton away from him. Like I said, don't want to deal with harassment today."

"...Ok....but I won't tolerate any disrespect."

He had turned around once more and put a hand on the shoulder of Rupert
"I believe you know Emily Swrin, the Master Alchemist. She's going to need some strong arm for the cargo that we'll be taking to Phallia. Assist her the same way you would assist me - After all, she's a Canary."
Soon after, Gallien left the room. Emily stared at Rupert and then went up to him.
"Well Rupert, Nice to meet 'cha! I'm going to go ahead and say it, I'm not a child. I'm an adult. If you can respect that then we'll be just fine"
She smiled and offered a handshake to Rupert.

Shame Shame Jecht Jecht Gabe Gabe

Lance Genoz
With the other vessels

"You're from Mauve huh? That's nice." He smiled back at her. Atleast I can make a friend right off the bat. he thought to himself.
"I made up the design myself. My parents were going to just make ordinary looking armour but I had the idea to disguise it as a normal clothing, good looking ones at that. I had the design made and then let my Father dye it for me. You've probably heard of Jake Genoz, my father. Famous Dyer."

animegirl20 animegirl20

Alba Teno Alba Teno
Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia
Skyflash Skyflash
RizaTiz RizaTiz
Okuni-sw3-art.jpgHaruko turned her attention to Alba as he spoke.

"I can understand shadow boy wanting some type of reward for his assistance in something that could get him killed and the view that the stones are a part of us and should stay that way but I think that rewards and the such should wait until after we win or at least until we at least see what you can really do. How do we know you're worth the pay? Umbrella girl and Quiet boy are right, the stakes here are bigger than any of us so we should at least do our best to work together, if not for the world than for ourselves. After this is over, we can all kill or hate each other to our heart's content."

She smiled, "See he get's it. By the way name's Haruko." She was about to say something else but her attention went back to Freks who kept disappearing into the shadows....how was he doing that? He basically through a same point back at Alba asking how could he be sure if he could trust them. Which he had a fair point but sometimes you just kind of had to take the risk. Honestly though she wasn't getting any bad vibes from anyone. She didn't really see why she couldn't trust them at the moment. He also mentioned things were probably just going to go south. "Pfft you don't know if things will work out or not. You can't see the future....haha though apparently I can." After a few mins Freks seem to have suddenly changed he's mind. She raised an eyebrow at his sudden change of thought. "That's not suspicious at all." She sarcastically muttered to herself. Seemed liked his vibe changed a bit as well. After eyeing him for a moment she glanced around the room wondering if they will all be traveling together or in groups? Then voice pulled her out of her thoughts. It was Sieglinde.

"Maybe if you just come along when I asked politely I would've."

"Details details" She said as she waved her hand dismissing the comment. She then relaxed that Lance was speaking to her. "Huh? Oh!" She looked over towards him. "Really that's so cool!" Stood up and walked over to him wanting a better look at his clothes. She then thought for a moment. "Let's see Jake Genoz...yeah! I know of him! In fact he happened to dye this exact outfit I'm wearing now. That's your father?! That's so cool!"

Daniel
With no one
Capital of Elmas

“Inn... Inn... DAMN IT ALL TO HELL, NONE OF THESE USELESS CITIZENS WILL GIVE ME DIRECTIONS TO ONE!” He’d yell out loud so everyone around him can hear, causing a commotion. “HOW I’D LOVE TO RIP TOU ALL TO SHREDS!” He’d grit his teeth as he failed to maintain his cool as the people around took a few steps back before gossiping and rushing away.

Rupert
Local: The Pickaxe​

The girl before Rupert seemed a little young to be considered a master alchemist but if she was chosen by the commander there must be some merit to her work. Rupert wasn’t sure but as the commander placed a hand on his armor he could’ve sworn he saw a glimpse of pity in the man’s eyes. Just how much stuff would he be moving? Regardless Rupert relaxed if only for a moment to shake the girls hand. His callused hand engulfing a portion of the girls forearm making for an awkward handshake.

“It’s nice ‘ta meet you ma’am. I am here to help with whatever you be ‘needin.”

RizaTiz RizaTiz Shame Shame Gabe Gabe

Emily Swrin

She saw as his hand engulfed most of her forearm, It was expected as he was pretty much a giant.
Normally she'd feel bad due to this, her size preventing most normal interactions with other people but for some reason, she found it funny.
She chuckled for a moment. Rupert said his greetings and Emily said

"Thank you. I'm sure we'll be good friends if you show respect and politeness."
She smiled at him and proceeded to say
"Alright. So. What we need right now is to prepare for the journey tomorrow, and we need a lot of potions for that. The crates are pretty heavy but I'm sure you can carry them right?" She looked down and got into a thinking position.

"Let's see....1 for the antido....another for the hea.............others......" She was quietly thinking aloud. Only a few words were discernible
"Hm. It'd be around 7 crates in total to carry for the trip. I just need you to help me load them onto the caravan and that'd be all.
I'll go on ahead and start getting the crates prepared, I'll call on you when we're going to load them up alright?"

She left the room and went to the Alchemist section of the Pickaxe, a huge room full of cauldrons, materials for potions and other stuff.
She entered her special little office and began working on her special potion.

Jecht Jecht Shame Shame

Lance Genoz

He smiled kindly at her. "That's nice. You look beautiful. I'm also a dye maker but not as good as my father but if you ever need a dye I could probably make it for you in case you ever need it. I'm planning on listening to the old man and doing this. It seems interesting and I'd rather not die through inaction. I just hope we don't gotta do a lot of work....Anyway! So if you come with and something happens that requires a dye, I can make it for you. " He tried sounding as smooth as possible. He was lazy and would rather not do any of this, but if it meant not dying and being seen as cool, he guessed he'd do it. Although he'd try to do the least amount of work possible.

animegirl20 animegirl20

b42G5j8.png

Gyrus, Capital of Elmas

Gallien left the building just a few moments after the exchange at his office. Everything was going according to plan, but he always prepared for events beyond his knowledge. The blacksmiths of town were working right after he got the reports of people with strange powers in the continent, honing the weapons and reinforcing the armors, repairing broken accessories and tools. Everything was going according to plan, except for the madman screaming in the middle of the square, threatening everyone around him. "HOW I’D LOVE TO RIP TOU ALL TO SHREDS!" the man bellowed, and although Gallien was on emergency mode, he still had the duty of protecting Elmas's citizens. The other things would have to wait.

He approached the madman, his hand resting idly at the poison coated knife on his belt. The paralyzing concoction helped him many a time with criminals, a well placed knife to the arms or legs and someone would be incapacitated in a matter of minutes, seconds if the heart was pumping fast. And by the looks of it, the man was almost to the point of berserking. As he walked towards the man, relieved looks from the citizens could be noticed in the crowd, along with quiet commentaries. Everyone knew Lord Haylock, and knew that the situation would be over swiftly. Good morning, citizen. May I ask you to please accompany me? I believe you are scaring the people." His tone was calm, yet resolute, and didn't give the man much of a berth for a negative.
YukGen YukGen

Daniel
Capital of Elmas
Interactions with Gabe Gabe

Daniel glared at him and looked him up and down. “Who might you be, old man? You look on the verge of death, want me to fix that up for you? THIS CAPITAL WILL GO DOWN BY MY OWN HANDS, I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT.” Daniel took out his greatsword and back a bit up from him. A rock gets thrown from the crowd so he’d get distracted trying to find who did it and angers. “WHO THREW THAT?”

b42G5j8.png

Gyrus, Capital of Elmas

Gallien stared the man down. Classic intimidation technique. Hm. He thought, before raising his right hand, distracting the man from his left hand. A rock came from behind him, and an urchin scampered away, giggling. As soon as the madman turned away from him, Gallien acted. In a single swift motion, he drew the knife from his belt and threw it, aiming for the man's stomach. As soon as the knife left his hand, he already drew another, in case he missed. The morning was going to be more troublesome than he imagined. YukGen YukGen

Daniel
Capital of Elmas
Interactions: Gabe Gabe

Daniel turned around just in time to dodge it, making the poison coated knife skim him, leaving a cut. “Haha, you think you can JUST get me like thaaaaaaaa” Daniel had been cut, so the poison managed to get him. The paralysis tore him down to the ground. “WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME? I SWEAR TO GOD ILL RIP YOU TO SHREDS WHEN I GET UP FROM THIS.. THING.” then Daniel realised something from past experience. “This... knife was coated with paralysis poison, huh? Clever old man.”

Syrie
Jeweled Temple
She had been ignored but that wasn't too surprising honestly with everything that was going on. She sat back down as people kept talking. There was a man wanting payment and a man saying they should make a plan. There were a pair saying they should focus on saving the world but one of them was talking fashion with another one.

In short, it was a chaotic mess. She moved toward the man in the back who had suggested a plan. She store stopped next to him and smiled. "I'm Syrie, nice to meet you. I agree, we should come up with a plan and work together." Taking a breadth she touched her ruby and as she pulled her finger away she conjured a string of fire connecting it and her finger before having it detach from the ruby and made it form her name in the air a moment before it dispelled.

Sweating a little she smiled. "I can manipulate and conjure fire. It overheats me if I do too much and it's easier to manipulate than conjure. Besides that I'm a dancer and can use whips to defend myself. Your turn." She offered her own information first hoping to build trust.

Interactions: Fintis ( Typewriter Typewriter )
Mentioned/Near: Everyone else in the temple

Kinar
In the wilderness of Byne.
Kinar was resting against a tree polishing his gems. He glanced sideways from time to time toward the man he had killed. Had the msn just kindly shared his fire and food he'd still be alive. Instead he'd threatened to report Kinar to the Miners. Now the man was keeping him company until Kinar disposed of him.

"I heard a rumor that the Miners are finally starting to look for Vessels you know. Who knows they might do part of my job for me and kill my competition. Though then I'll have to kill them to get three gemstones." He idly chatted to the corpse as he relaxed and thought of what was to come. "You know in a way you're lucky. You got to die by the Being's Mercy instead of the Being himself. Besides you're still fairly charming in a way."

He felt a gemstone to the south and had been heading that way but for now he was ready to nap. He got up and carved a poor rendition of a pick into the man's chest before stringing him up by his feet and hanging him from a tree. He then wandered just out of sight from the corpse and settled down again for a short nap.

Okuni-sw3-art.jpg"Oh thank you!" She said smiling with a slight blush. "Dye for me huh? Alright then I'll make sure to take you up on that offer. But yeah I totally get what you mean but I mostly just don't want to have to deal with fighting. Not that I can't fight cause I can but I just don't like to. Also I'm a bit clumsy and I'm not to crazy about the sight of blood and also what about my clothes!? What if they get ruined or tore that would be awful and as I said before this one in particular is my favorite." She continued to talk on and on and a person would come to soon realize this girl was a total motor mouth. She never stopped talking it's like her thoughts kept thinking up more words to say with out taking a break. "Anyway yeah I totally get what your feeling. But I as well will be going along plus I think the power I was granted with could be quite useful. I can see into the future! Pretty neat right?"
RizaTiz RizaTiz

Alba Teno
Interacts with everyone/ mentions animegirl20 animegirl20
Alba nods at Haruko and when she takes a moment to breathe, he interrupts her talking. "So you can see the future huh? Have you ever been wrong?" He asked as he pulled out a piece of paper from his bag and started writing the names of the vessels he knew and what powers they had as visual aids helped his mental focus."I'm Alba Teno. I suppose that knowing each other's skills, weapons, and names will be helpful so we can better make plans. I can fly and invent things, more or less.i I'm from Gagan, I use a sword I created, and my stone is turquoise in color."

After writing his own information, he pulled out a leather journal and began to write in it.

Last edited:
Vagrant Knight Bael
The Jeweled Temple
simj26 simj26
Bael often forgot just how talkative young people could be. Clashing egos, warring opinions and budding rivalries were natural in gathers such as this, but he'd never gotten used to them. Even during his days within the Serpent Schools, he'd chosen to exclude himself from debate with all but his closest companions. It was bad for his heart, really.

Lucky for him, he had an excuse to stay quiet.

While the rest of the chapel was filled with discussion, Bael merely listened and considered. This was easily the sort of thing that he'd pass off as superstition, under normal circumstances, but the queer rumblings of the sky, the gem in his chest, and the ring of familiarity in the man's words kept his ears open. Of course, that familiarity was tied to the words of a madman, but that particular madman incited investment rather than repulsion. Even if it wasn't exactly the good kind. At the very least, it was clear that this wasn't some sort of half-baked ambush or trap. His fellow guests seemed just as out of the loop as he was, and he could smell little ill intent on their hosts. There was, perhaps, a bit of self-importance, but that much was to be of these types of people.

He'd hired an associate of his for security if this ordeal went south, but it seemed like he'd be wasting her time. He'd have to make it up to her in some way or another. Knowing that woman this sort of thing would be hell, all talking and no fighting. Or hunting, rather. But, he was still paying her, and he wasn't about to just let her stand around outside if he could put her to better use in here.

So, breaking from the crowd for a moment, Bael strode to the door and gave a signal that called for two things. To come inside, and to play the role of his mouth.

He really hoped she wouldn't charge extra for this.

FINTIS RIVERHELM
The Jeweled Temple, Phailin. ( Back of the group )
Notable Interactions: Syrie ( Silvis Silvis )

---

To say Fintis was surprised at being approached would be an understatement, his eyes growing comically wide for but a fraction of a second before narrowing in obvious suspicion. He remained polite however, though weariness did lead him to take a small step backwards. The healer looked around for any evidence of an audience - some hint that the lass had been convinced by someone to speak to him. Finding nothing, he chose to yield just in time to watch the flames weave letters and disperse just as soon as they were summoned. Impressive. "Oh. Pleasure to meet you. I'm Fintis. Fintis Riverhelm." He introduced in return, remembering his manners enough to bend at the hip and bow slightly. Just because the people of Chau were distrusting did not mean that they were heathens after all.

"I'm a healer." He explained, gesturing to the medicine bag at his hip. "My gemstone seems to be the same. I'm able to heal various wounds and illnesses without the need of herbs through its gifts." Fintis was almost tempted to leave it there and forfeit nothing else about his power, but he felt obligated to offer his own weakness since Syrie had been so willing to tell him her own. "It does come at the price of falling weak myself, though."

A tiny smile broke through his otherwise serious expression as he reached back, his fingers lightly running along the feathers that fletched his arrows. "Otherwise, I have a bow and its arrows as fine battle companions."

Lance Genoz

"Heh....I'm also good at fighting......sorta. I just don't like to. Too much work....and don't worry. I can fix your clothes in case they get stained from other....fluids...
I could fix your clothes too if they get torn up a bit. I was taught how to after I received these clothes."
The girl told him her power.
"You can see into the future huh? That's pretty neat." Lance pulled down his two shirts and showed her the gem that was on his chest.
"This little gem grants me the power to become invisible. It has its faults though. Nobody can see me, not even myself. So I prefer to reappear to attack. It has worked pretty well on ambushing bandits and other evil groups. Hell, I even got a pretty nice lie prepared in case we ever get in a dire situation"

Interacted with: animegirl20 animegirl20

Near: Camden Camden dragonsfire dragonsfire Typewriter Typewriter @Alba Teno The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit Life. Life. Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Silvis Silvis Rantos Rantos Ariel Ariel Skyflash Skyflash Shame Shame

[class=header] background: blue; border: 3px blue; [/class]
[div class=header]Eve Rowhas[/div]​

Jewel Temple, Phailin
Speaking with Sieglinde

Eve paid no attention to Sieglinde's comment to Haruko, preferring to brush the strands of hair that had escaped her bun behind her ear. She started stringing illusory ribbons between her fingers, ones only she could see. They changed color to her whim, and were plain- decorated- laced- their style modified in an instant. To anyone besides her it would seem like she was staring intently at her fingers.

The illusion dissolved as she met eyes with the Jewel again as the other woman turned back to continue galvanizing her. "Yeah, sure, all that's true, but I don't need powers to be special. I'd rather the powers be given to someone like you, or some other Jewel that would actually use the powers." She took her gem-stuck hand and held it against her chest, holding her other hand over the gemstone. "Honestly, if no one brought me here, it'd be a week at most before I was using this for personal gain," she admitted. "I'm sure he can, but I still worry," she said, referring to her uncle.

She turned her head towards the Vessels that Sieglinde was also distracted by, wondering what caused their outburst. "And I'm Evelyn- Eve for short. I suppose you can call me Ev as well."

Mentions: honestly can't remember who was shouting
Interactions: Skyflash Skyflash

N E R O
The Jeweled Temple

===============================================================

tA2Ndwd.jpg
Nero stuck her tongue out at the boy who had made a jab at her, her expression teasing. "I have plenty of friends, thank you! And you aren't going to be one of them!" She chuckled, giving away that she was doing nothing more than jesting when another voice caused her to cut her voice off abruptly and turn toward it with a deadened smile on her face. The smile stayed cemented on her face until it melted as she spoke after simmering on it for a minute.

"Excuse me...? I'm a fucking jewel, here to help you, and I can speak if I want to!"

Nero screeched for a brief moment, and just as quickly as she had snapped, the pleasant smile returned to her face and she chuckled pleasantly, clasping her hands together in front of her. As if pretending it never happened, she turned away and busied herself with her surroundings, listening to various conversations to see if she could help or answer any questions. She'd only ever started this because it was amusing and she'd always wanted to go on an adventure. Whether they actually won or not, had never really been a problem before. Nero concerned herself with the present, not the past, or the future.

Camden Camden Alba Teno Alba Teno

Users who are viewing this thread

Back