• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Twelve Vessels

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Shame

A writer that has lost her words
The Twelve shall rise through blood and gem,

Just as the world begins to dim,

No one safe from the brightest stone,

Or from sins mortals must atone,

A light will pierce the lasting night,

A sacrifice to make things right.

d349741a1632f0fc847b0d16851b7a71--superhero-the-shard.jpg
Long ago, there existed a Being of terrifying might, a god among the mortals. A humanoid being composed of gemstones in a world where none existed. This Being ruled over the humans and the barbaric mortals knew peace and prosperity. But the humans, being as humans are, became restless. A rumor began to spread that possessing a piece of the Being’s crystal flesh gave humans abilities far beyond their wildest dreams. However, the Being loved the humans and tried too late to stop the revolt. Its body was torn to pieces and scattered across the world, still somehow alive yet unable to do anything but watch as the humans fought each other for pieces of its flesh. Hundreds of years passed and the Being began to turn to hate the humans for what they did to it, save for a few pieces that still remembered its love for the mortals. While the Being as a whole plotted the humans’ demise, the few loving remnants found Vessels who they could grant their abilities and memories to. These Vessels must work together to save the world from the crystal Being before it completely reforms and regains its vast powers. Unfortunately, the most prominent remaining memory of the Being is a prophecy passed down as a child’s nursery rhyme, no one ever suspecting it held darker intentions. As the Twelve Vessels reveal themselves and their great abilities, humans begin to panic and fear that the prophecy is about the dangers of these Vessels. A group called the Miners form to track down the Twelve Vessels and kill them before they can destroy the world. On the Vessels’ side is another group called the Jewels, who had ancestors that worked closely with the Being and remember its benevolence. As the Miners track the Vessels, the Jewels seek to gather them together to find the Being and stop it from becoming fully corrupt.

Nich Fiel
The Jeweled Temple, Phailin
With eleven of the Vessels and all available Jewels
Camden Camden dragonsfire dragonsfire Typewriter Typewriter animegirl20 animegirl20 Alba Teno Alba Teno The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit Life. Life. Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Silvis Silvis RizaTiz RizaTiz Rantos Rantos Ariel Ariel Skyflash Skyflash

The chapel of the Jeweled Temple was cavernous, carved from a snowy Phailin mountain. The only window to the outside was a multi-colored depiction of the celestial Being that refracted light against the opposite wall, bathing the room in a rainbow glow. Four rows of stone benches faced the stained glass window and the altar that the portly man stood in front of. This ordinary man took away from the awe of the room, standing in front of this gathering like he was standing in front of a lecture. His hands were behind his back, his round frame preventing him from holding them. He stood still, his steely gaze on the eleven young adults sitting in front of him. For a moment, he felt a tug of sadness deep in his stomach. These were children. They were much too young for the destiny ahead of them. Already, one of their members have been lost. How long would it take until all of them were?
Shaking the thought from his head, he cleared his throat to garner the room’s attention.
“A great tragedy has fallen upon you all, and I am afraid to say it will not be remedied soon,” The man said, leaning against the altar as though it were a podium and those in front of him were no more than students. How he wished that were true.
“These stones that you have found, or, well, that have found you, they are called gemstones. Each possess its own unique name and quality. Each is a piece of the almighty Being,” He paused, hoping for any hint of recognition as he always did when he mentioned this ancient thing. He sighed, seeing no sign of such. He gestured to the stained glass window behind him, but kept his eyes on the young ones.
“You may find that there are thoughts and memories circling your head that do not make sense. They are not your own. They belong to the gemstones. They are calling to each of you for help. Without you, this world, all of Juvela, all of Fiorza, will be destroyed.”
“This is sudden, and I apologize. You are all much too young to have to face the dangers ahead,” He said, a hand moving to rub his bushy brow.
“You may have gathered from the memories you’ve been given, but a long time ago, all twelve countries of Juvela were one. It was ruled by a powerful creature called the Being, a great and merciful thing. My ancestors were privileged to be able to work at the Being’s side and pass down the stories to me so that I might teach others. But, for all the joy they held for being so close to the Being, it was soon replaced by sorrow. A rumor began to spread amongst the people of Juvela. To possess a piece of the Being’s flesh is able to grant extraordinary power. This rumor was right in a way, as proven by you all, but the Being must choose to grant one this power; one must be worthy. There was a frenzy among the people to claim a piece of the Being, but it loved humans, and did nothing to stop the calamity that ensued. Its body was scattered across Juvela, unable to do anything but watch as the humans it loved fought one another to claim a power they could not have. Over time, its unbearable sadness turned to anger and even now, it is slowly collecting itself together, wishing nothing more than to obliterate the humans it once loved,” The rotund man paused, always having enjoyed dramatic effect.
“The pieces that are now a part of you, these pieces are all that is left of its compassion toward the human race. They have sought you out for one purpose: to find the pieces of the Being and stop the destruction it intends to cause. This has been foretold centuries ago by something you have grown up with as a nursery rhyme:
The Twelve shall rise through blood and gem,
Just as the world begins to dim,
No one safe from the brightest stone,
Or from sins mortals must atone,
A light will pierce the lasting night,
A sacrifice to make things right.”

As those last words left his plump lips, the chapel darkened as though day had suddenly turned to night. A tremor erupted across the ground, knocking the man off of his stubby feet. A crack appeared through the stained glass window and it shattered, sending glass shards across the chapel. Dark storm clouds rumbled angrily across the sky, slinging snow and cold wind through the Temple. Then, as quickly as it began, the sky brightened again and there was no sign of what had just happened beyond the stained glass that now littered the floor. The man stood again, carefully brushing glass shards from his robe.
“The Being is growing in strength. You all should leave soon. Collect the pieces of the Being. Your gemstones will guide you. Do not let any piece meet. Do not let your gemstones touch the stray pieces. When you have enough pieces, you will be led to the Being. Convince the Being to spare the Fiorza…” He paused, swallowing hard as he gripped the sides of the altar. “Or completely destroy it.”
“However,”
The large man suddenly said, ruining the dramatic end of his speech. “The Jewels are to assist you in your quest. I, Nich Fiel, am the leader of this organization and I will personally see to each of your wellbeing.” He bowed, an almost comical gesture. “Our funds shall grant you an easy trek across the continent if not a long one and our members shall be with you for guidance, protection, and any further assistance.” He gestured to the row of Jewel members that formed a line in the back of the chapel.
“The future of the human race is in your hands. We do not have much time to spare. Any questions?”

Last edited:
Shame Shame
Alba Teno
The Jeweled Temple
Standing around with the Vessels

Alba sighed as he fixed his outfit after being dragged into the admittingly impressive chapel. He walked around with his hands in his pockets while looking around in awe and talking to Nich Fiel.
"Hiya, I have a question. So all we have to do is find the parts of the being and what? Destroy the parts? I also want to ask how long this journey will take because I was in the middle of a personal thing."
Alba stretched and checked his sword with half of his attention towards his new companions.

Last edited:
[class=title] background: blue; border: solid 3px blue; [/class] [div class=title]
Eve Rowhas
[/div]

Sitting with the Vessels

As the man spoke, Eve flipped a coin between her fingers, an old sleight of hand trick usually used to practice dexterity among beginners. She let the coin rest on her thumb, and flipped it into the air. In the air it turned into a golden liquid and disappeared. Her eyes followed the coin until it disappeared, and then held out her other palm and a identical coin fell into it, appearing from mid-air. She stared sadly at the coin, and then closed her hand around it and looked back up to him.

"A nursery rhy-" she tried to speak, as the room carved from a cave was impossibly shaken by an earth tremor. The hairs on her arms stood up as the room filled with cold air but she hardly flinched; she had seen stranger things in the past week. For all she knew this was something Nich had done, or one of the other Vessels. "A nursery rhyme? We're putting all our trust in a rhyme?" She continued, after he finished his speech. Her voice was one of incredulousness, with a tinge of fear. She had only come because the Jewel that brought her had promised that she would get this forsaken gemstone out of her hand.

She sniffed, turns out she had fallen for the oldest con in the book- promising something but not when you would fulfill the promise.

"If the gemstones chose us, what for? What do we have that you Jewels don't, and why wouldn't they just choose the people already trying to help them?" This whole situation was sketchy, not in the untruthful way but the unbelievable way. "I'm just a merchant from Elmas, from a family of merchants. And I'm fairly sure that this gem didn't choose me, I found it. Lucky me. I don't have battle training, I don't have the endurance to trek across the country, and do you even need all of us? What's stopping us from just leaving?"

Mentions:
Interactions: Shame Shame

Lance Genoz

Lance was leaned against one of the walls, hands behind his back, in quite a relaxed postion. After Nich finished his speech, he asked

"So....All we gotta do is find these pieces and prevent the Being from destroying humanity?"
He dramatically brushed his hand through his hair
"How are we going to do that exactly...? If it's so bent on destroying humanity, why do you think diplomacy would work? Or is there some little fancy thing we gotta do and make it good again with the power of friendship and teamwork?" He said the last part in a joking manner, trying to see if someone would at least chuckle.
"Uh...No offense." He added quietly as he didn't want to seem rude.

Mentions:
Shame Shame Camden Camden dragonsfire dragonsfire Typewriter Typewriter animegirl20 animegirl20 Alba Teno Alba Teno The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit Life. Life. Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Silvis Silvis Rantos Rantos Ariel Ariel Skyflash Skyflash

Last edited:
N E R O
The Jeweled Temple

===============================================================

tA2Ndwd.jpg
Nero sat against one of the walls, listening.... sort of and playing with a knife in her hand, no bigger than a butter knife. The blade was razor sharp and at one point, she sliced her finger and just kept going. Finally when Nich had finished speaking, she jumped up with a big smile on her face.

"Yep, yep! We're here to help you! Obviously the power of friendship is the only way to win. What kind of question even is that?"

Nero was complete sarcasm as she shook her head, her hands on her hips. There was hardly ever a time when Nero wasn't joking, if a time like that even existed but she'd gotten so good at teasing and lying, it was hard to tell when she was joking and when she wasn't. Anyone who knew her could expect some form of humor. She was born in Biyn after all.

Shame Shame Camden Camden dragonsfire dragonsfire Typewriter Typewriter animegirl20 animegirl20 Alba Teno Alba Teno The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit Life. Life. Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Silvis Silvis Rantos Rantos RizaTiz RizaTiz Skyflash Skyflash

Alba Teno
The Jeweled Temple

Alba chuckled at Lance's joke and walked towards the group while putting his sword away. He glanced at Nero in mocked disappointment. "What's wrong with having friendship as a weapon? Don't have too many friends?"
He laughed at his jab towards the girl but kept his hand near his sword as the blade in her hand didn't assure him of his safety. He guessed that she wasn't an expert with it when she cut her own finger by accident.

Ava Mane
The Pickaxe, Nuri
With Gallien (and perhaps Emily and Rupert if they are in the office too)
Gabe Gabe Jecht Jecht RizaTiz RizaTiz

Ava was upset.
Though, really, no one could tell. She was doing the same thing she usually did, work. Her short blonde hair was tied back by red ribbon, and her round face was covered in grease.
Gallien had discovered some news that obviously bothered him. And now, like usual, he was ready to leap into action without thinking things through first. He had already ordered all of the branches to be on high alert, but now, he was insisting that he would like to take care of it himself.
Ava set down her wrench and wiped her brow, adding to the black smudges on her pale face. She sank into her chair, turning her prototype in her hand.
Gallien was so eager to rush out, and the little girl that pompously referred to herself as “The Phoenix” had insisted on coming with. In addition, one of the newer recruits was going too, though she had heard that the man enjoyed his drink perhaps too much. Normally, Ava would stay behind to assume command unless he personally asked her to come along. However, this time, the little blonde was going to accompany them anyway. This was obviously very important to the QuarterMaster, her great friend and boss. Besides, not that she admit it, she did not like that Emily was tagging along.
The small young woman tossed down her invention, and headed towards Gallien’s office, wiping her hands on the bottom of her work apron as she did. Ava pulled the ribbon from her hair and tied it to the brooch at her waist, her blonde tresses coming down to frame her smudged face. She took a deep breath, then knocked twice curtly on the door, as per her custom, and entered.
“Gallien, I think I should accompany you on this journey,” Ava told him before the door even shut behind her, her words short and straight to the point. “This seems to be a rather important mission, and you should have someone competent there to ensure success. I have a few new toys that I think you would enjoy, and I can be ready within the hour.”

Last edited:
[class=header] background: lightgray; border: solid 3px gray; [/class]
[div class=header]Maikas Jonob[/div]​

Sitting behind Nich

Maikas sat behind and to the side of Nich with his armor on just for show. His helmet sat by his feet, and the only weapon he carried was his one-handed sword in it's decorated leather sheath. He rested with his eyes closed as Nich spoke. He did not open them when the glass shattered, nor when the cold winds filled the room.

When Nero spoke however, his eyes opened and he grit his teeth at what he interpreted as a high pitched squeak.

"If you don't have a question there's no need to make noise," he grumbled, at her. He shuffled in his seat, slightly irritated that the being had chosen a bunch of kids. And not a single Jewel had been deemed worthy it seemed, all the faces in front of him were unfamiliar.

Oh well, he still had a job to do.

Interactions: Ariel Ariel
Mentions: Shame Shame

Daniel
Wandering north lands aimlessly in Almas.
With no one, alone.

Daniel was frustrated and furious. That jewel had drugged him and escaped after taking him into a neighbouring country. Surely it couldn’t get any worser than being stuck in a foreign country. Oh boy was he wrong. He had to be very cautious of miner’s branches as they are top threat to him at the moment. This was stressful. Oh boy how he’d love to shred that darn jewel to pieces. Looking around the environment, he was in favour as he was in a forest inhabited by many animals and had plenty of resources to use. The trees looked a bit withered however that shouldn’t be a problem. He decided he’d set up camp at sunset so that he can cover more distance southern. He pulled out his great sword and stared at it for a decent amount of time before smirking then whistling, calling animals to bring everything he’d need to make a campfire and a makeshift tent. Stones, fire wood, sticks and a hell of a ton of leaves.

This’ll be a hard day.

Emily Swrin

"And after a few weeks, I've finally managed to make a potion that can cure fatal wounds.....well...It's not perfected yet but if someone were to....get a deep cut across their chest, they could drink this and it would immediately stop the bleeding and accelerate the natural he-" She was obviously excited when she spoke to Gallien, hoping to be praised for her achievement but she had been cut off by Ava who entered the room. She was jealous of Ava for being close to Gallien but besides that, she didn't really know much about Ava. After hearing Ava's little comment, she immediately began semi-yelling " 'Have someone competent'!? Are you saying that I'm incompetent? I'll have you know that my potions are very powerful and have been useful in a lot of missions. I've also saved a lot of people's lives with my potions. I am quite competent!"

Mentions:
Shame Shame Gabe Gabe Jecht Jecht

Last edited:
Sieglinde
Jewel Temple, Phailin

Sieglinde fidgeted with an arrow and looked out to the Vessels they gathered and couldn't help but feel a pang of regret. They seemed to be nothing more than a group of kids, but she shook her head, getting the feeling out of her system. They were chosen by the gemstones to bring the Being back so they must be at least good enough for the job, right? The quake after Nero finished his speech snapped her out of her daze and brought her crashing back to reality and she pushed those thoughts aside. It wasn't the time nor place for her to doubt now. Hearing a commotion from further up, Sieglinde walked from the back of the pews to the source - girl with a coin in her hands. She squatted next to her and looked her dead in the face.

"You look like you're about to go hysterical, and honestly I don't blame you, it's a big responsibility. But don't worry, with all of us here," Sieglinde gestured to all of the other Jewels around the room, "You don't have to see much battles and whatnot. At least not by yourself. I guess what I'm trying to say is, don't worry so much. You're in one of the safest places in Juvela, I promise." Sieglinde finished, smiling and placing a gentle hand on the girl's shoulder, trying to reassure her.

Interactions: Camden Camden
Mentions: Shame Shame

Raizel Rochelle
The Temple of the jewels, Garnet Vessel
Raizel ever since her entry had been glaring at her guide, pretty much in utter confusion, with disappointment he only responded by shrugging and leaving out the door, leaving her attention on the others "I suppose if we don't have to worry about the journey it's fine, It's just I at least hope I didn't get dragged out here for nothing." She began adjusting to her seat, letting out a sigh before looking over to her waist.

She sat her leg over her other, burying her hands deep into a small leather pouch
"Honestly, what the heck". The various objects in her belt russeled as she did so, pulling out tools and sitting them on the little bit of space the bench allowed her to. Once everything was gathered, her focus directed into a deep stare at the one who had introduced himself as leader, and her hands began to chisel away.

As glass flew around her, all the wrong emotions came out, a mix of excitement and confusion as she examined some of the picies. Luckily only a small shard had managed to scrape her leg, which she examined as she picked up, mindlessly dropping it in the bag as she continued on with the little project taking place in her lap.

Mentions: Comix Comix (Nich Fiel), @whoever I'm sitting next to.

Last edited:
b42G5j8.png

Gyrus, Capital of Elmas

Gallien was restless. The fact that the Jewels had successfully gathered the hosts of the Being’s body, the so called Vessels, filled the man with apprehension,from top to bottom. He sat at his table, reviewing the reports of the branches, glancing at the window every once in a while. He wanted to be out there, taking the fight to the Jewels doorstep, axe in hand. Instead, he was at the back of a table, issuing orders to his employees. Emily arrived shortly after a session of paper stamping, and he stopped to pay attention to his Canary. She started talking about her latest project, a greater healing serum, that stopped heavy wounds that could only be treated with surgery in minute. He smiled a little when she explained it, her excitement was palpable and contagious. Before he could praise her for her findings, the familiar knock on his door announced the arrival of his second in command. Ava told him that she was coming too, and something regarding competence. Once again he was cut off by Emily, chiding in her usual antagonization against Ava. His sigh was enough to draw the attention of the two.

“First of all, good morning, Ava. Second, your findings are exceptional, Emily, as of expected. I assume it's ready for deployment.” He turned to Ava, trying his best to sound understanding. “I know that those times are decisive, but that's why I need you in here. Both of you, as a matter of fact.” He leaned back at his chair, addressing both commanders, now. “I don't doubt your combat prowess, but it would kill me to see any of you injured - and I know,” Gallien pointed at Ava before she could say anything, “-that you can take care of yourselves. I just can't stomach the possibility.” He knew that it would be pointless. Ava had that look in her face, the one of unwavering determination. No other person could see the nuances in her ever stoic face, but Gallien could pick up easily. Maybe it was the fact that the two of them worked for the longest time, maybe it was that Gallien paid more attention to her. Emily however, was easier to read, her explosive nature was over the top sometimes, but she was one who always expressed her emotions, no matter what. Gallien gritted his teeth, awaiting their replies. He was sure that either a screaming match or a thousand year stare was in stock for the leader.

RizaTiz RizaTiz Shame Shame

Last edited:
Emily Swrin

"Also-" She was cut off by Gallien's sigh. She looked in in the direction of Gallien. Her eyes lit up in happiness when he praised her. "T-Thank you, Of course it's ready for deployment!" She said happily. She listened quietly to Gallien, who explained that it'd be best for both of them to stay behind. After he finished speaking, she looked quite sad but immediately started objecting
"B-But...Gallien! The possibility is almost non-existant! With my potions, we'll be safe! I've got potions that can make us more resistant to attacks, make you hit harder and the one I just showed you!" She glanced over to Ava for a moment. "and even if she doesn't really deserve praise....." She quickly mumbled
"Ava also has some good inventions of her own." She looked back at Gallien.

"Besides....I don't want you getting hurt either....I can be there for you and our team! You're tough, but we don't even know how strong they are. I've been the only person who has been able to successfully create this version of the potion! The others have only been able to make it either only stop bleeding or have made a less potent version of it. " She obviously wasn't going to give up easily.

Gabe Gabe Shame Shame

Alba Teno
The Jeweled Temple
Alba looked for an exit and loudly yawned. "Well, not to say this hasn't been a fun time, but some of us have lives to return to and I wish you all luck with saving the world. If you ever need a flyboy then give me a letter."
He waved at the group and tried to open the front door to find that it was locked. "Why am I not surprised?"

Okuni-sw3-art.jpgWhen Haruko first got here she was pissed. Sieglinde had dragged her here. After telling her countless times she didn't want to do it and had no interest. Mostly because she new it was going to involve fighting, which she had no interest in what so ever. Actually Haruko probably could of put up a better fight but she was feeling kind of strange after the Emerald basically went into her head. The moment it did she had been flooded with memories and her head had started to hurt. Though she also saw something. The ground shaking glass breaking and falling a strange rhyme. It was so strange. It wasn't like the memories that came to her. This was like a clear vision. She was pretty tired after that and didn't have the strength to put a better fight while practically getting dragged there.

When they got there she had sat down alone a little away from the others. Mostly cause she was to irritated to talk with anyone. At this she was feeling better. She put her Umbrella down laying it next to her carefully and listen as the man, whom seem to be in charge spoke to them. While he was speaking Haruko noticed something very familiar about the area not the fact it might had been in her memories but something else....it looked like the place in her vision. The moment he started saying the rhyme she a clear memory of the vison came to her and she opened her umbrella waiting for the impact of glass. Then it happened the it grew dark the ground shook and the glass fell. Of course none of it hit her since she had been prepared. The moment it stopped she closed her umbrella and thought for a moment. She could see into the future. That was her power. Before she could think more on the subject her attention was back on Niche when asked if anyone had questions. At the moment no. She couldn't think of anything to ask him.

Haruko's attention went to Alba when he spoke up. Though she rolled her eyes at his first question. The man had already said what they were going to do. She didn't understand why he was asking that. Another person asked if they really needed all of them. Clearly they do if they went through all of the trouble. Haruko thought to herself. Though she had been complaining about coming here herself. Another person spoke up though when she turned to look at him she took noticed of his clothing. There was something about them that seemed familiar it had that....Mauve vibe. "Oh my gosh! Hey are you from Mauve?" Ah Mauve the one place she wished she had been dragged to. She really missed home. While she waited to respond she glanced over at Siegelinde noticing her consoling one of the girls. "No fair how come your so nice to her? You told me to suck it up." That was probably because they both knew darn well Haruko wasn't some weak girl. But boy could she bratty when she sometimes.
Camden Camden dragonsfire dragonsfire Typewriter Typewriter Alba Teno Alba Teno The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit Life. Life. Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Silvis Silvis RizaTiz RizaTiz Rantos Rantos Ariel Ariel Skyflash Skyflash Shame Shame

Ava Mane
The Pickaxe, Nuri
With Gallien and Emily
Gabe Gabe RizaTiz RizaTiz

"'Have someone competent'!? Are you saying that I'm incompetent? I'll have you know that my potions are very-" Honestly, after that, Ava stopped listening to the little girl and took a moment to glance back at Gallien. She could see the slight bags under his eyes, and she wondered if this mission was effecting him so much he was beginning to sleep as little as she did. After Emily's breakdown, she returned her green eyes to the other girl, and gave her a nod of greeting.
"Hello, Emily. I did not know you were going to accompany Gallien. I was unaware that you were used for anything beyond alchemy," she said, folding her hands behind her back. A sigh broke off further conversation and drew her attention once more to the QuarterMaster.
"First of all, good morning, Ava. Second, your finds are exceptional, Emily, as of expected." Ava could see Emily almost glowing under the compliment. "I assume it's ready for deployment. I know that those times are decisive, but that's why I need you in here. Both of you, as a matter of fact. I don't doubt your combat prowess, but it would kill me to see any of you injured - and I know that you can take care of yourselves. I just can't stomach the possibility."
She held Gallien's dark eyes with her own. He really was worried. This really was huge for him. So, this would be all the more reason he should not go without her.
"The possibility is almost non-existant! With my potions, we'll be safe! I've got potions-" Again, Ava stopped listening, but resumed when she uttered, "and even if she doesn't really deserve praise... Ava also has some good inventions of her own." Some good inventions? All of her inventions have been amazing! Saving the lives of thousands of miners and devastating even more of their enemies! She was infamous for her work! She had patents! She had written books! She even did work beyond the mechanical field! She easily could produce better alchemy results than the woman that had turned herself into a child!
"Besides... I don't want you getting hurt, either... I can be there for you and our team! You're tough, but we don't even know how strong they are. I've been the only person-" And, more bragging so again, she was tuned out.
"I have to say, I agree with Emily. We cannot underestimate the force of our enemies. We are dealing with the unknown for now, and do not fully know what we are up against. It would be the best decision to have me accompany you." She paused for a second, before adding. "And Emily, as well."
Ava shifted, untying her apron from around her neck and draping it across her arm.
"I am not Second in Command for nothing, Gallien. You trust me, and you know my logic is sound."

Syrie
The Jeweled Temple
Syrie had only been paying moderate attention at best for moist of the speech since she was too busy looking at her apparent comrades. She really only heard the piece about traveling the world and destroying the gems. Then she got surprised with a shattering of glass. As she brushed herself off they were told to ask questions but everyone so far basically seemed to be complaining. She jumped up from her seat on one of the benches to stand on it using her flashy body language to draw some attention.

"Oh come on people! Think about it, we have to break gem stones big deal. Best case scenario we save the friggin world and worst case we take a trip around the world making new friends. Oh boo hoo some people might attack us. These guys said they'll protect us and if they fail, I for one think I can protect myself pretty well." She had no idea if this pep talk would work but she thought this sounded exciting and these people were bumming her out.

Interactions/Mentions: Everyone in the Jeweled Temple

Last edited:
Lance Genoz

He looked at the girl who asked him the question. She appeared to be a fellow 'Vessel'.
"Indeed I am! What gave it away? The beautiful dyes used for the cosmetic part of the armour or the creative design?"
He was bragging in a joking manner.
"Would you happen to have visited Mauve once?"

animegirl20 animegirl20 @pretty much everybody else in the temple as they can hear this.

Emily Swrin

After she finished semi-yelling at Ava, Ava turned around and said her greetings. It would have been fine if she had not added
"I did not know you were used for anything beyond alchemy"
"U-used!?" She was ready to whip Ava out of anger but the sigh stopped her. She wasn't scared to whip Ava, Emily whipped anybody. Her subordinates, Civilians, Enemies or fellow Leaders. She has whipped Ava before but either Ava calmly dodges or is unbothered by the whip.
The conversation continued as normal until Emily said the words referring the Ava.

"and even if she doesn't really deserve praise... Ava also has some good inventions of her own."
She could detect something from Ava after she said that.

She detected some kind of emotion. She couldn't pin-point what it was but there was something.
Once again the conversation continued as normal and she, along with Ava, were left waiting for an answer from Gallien.

Gabe Gabe Shame Shame

b42G5j8.png

Gyrus, Capital of Elmas

Gallien rubbed the bridge of his nose. A sigh of frustration escaped his lips as the two bickered against each other. Emily unconsciously reached for the baton on her belt, but receded. Only God knows how many times Emily's lashes of anger failed to connect; Ava was certainly quicker.

Ava figuratively put her foot down, and even though the two Canaries were in completely different orbits, they agreed for once. And it was the only time Gallien did not want them to agree with each other. "I have to say, I agree with Emily. We cannot underestimate the force of our enemies. We are dealing with the unknown for now, and do not fully know what we are up against. It would be the best decision to have me accompany you." Gallien mindlessly shuffled random papers, trying to buy time for him to think of a comeback. But there was none. He knew that the more he talked, the more Ava would gather fuel and retaliate. Emily too, wouldn't back down from this situation. Truly, it was a life and death scene. Gallien groaned in defeat, and punched the desk. "Gaaah! Why must you be so stubborn?"

He rose from the chair and grabbed the continent map, unfurling on his table and knocking a pile of papers on the floor. He looked at the papers, and again at the door, seeing one member walking to the Cage. "Hey, you! Can you please help me pick up these papers?" He looked back to the map, beckoning the two commanders to his table. "Okay, we need to travel cautiously. Who knows if the Jewels have something planned ahead, so I'm taking the safe route here, especially since you two are here. We will leave the Pickaxe tomorrow, going northwest to Biyn, where we can get the major supplies of Emily's workshop. From there, we head to Gagan, where the dense forest might help us tread quietlyt, and then we reach Phallin." He stared at Ava, and the Mechanical Bird knew this stare from years ago. He stared deep into her eyes, determination flowing through his being.

"Ava, I want every single contraption that is available for immediate deployment. I don't care if it's a prototype. You can employ as much help as you need to make them ready until tomorrow." He turned to Emily. "I'm going to send a word to the apothecaries of Gyrus, see how many of them can help. You can borrow any room you want, just make sure to use your baton as little as possible. The last thing I want now is harassment reports. I will employ someone to help you with your cargo, but you must make anything you can before departing, although you'll have more time after we reach Biyn." The boy piled up the papers nicely and placed them on the table. "Great. Thank you. One more thing: I want you to fetch Rupert - big guy, mean face, you can't miss him - and direct him to Emily. Tell him he's required for a strong arm, he won't miss the opportunity to show his strength." He grabbed his black cape that was resting on his chair. "I'll check out with you as soon as I'm available. Dismissed."
Shame Shame RizaTiz RizaTiz Jecht Jecht

[class=header] background: blue; border: 3px blue; [/class]
[div class=header]Eve Rowhas[/div]​

Jewel Temple, Phailin
Speaking with Sieglinde

With the gentle pressure on her shoulder, Eve opened her hand and the coin that laid there turned from a coin to a golden mound, and then from a golden mound to a small rock with golden veins, until it floated up and and above both of their heads while she followed it with her eyes, exploding into a small shower of golden flakes.

"I could be the best entertainer in Juvela." She said, looking up into the eyes of the woman who was slightly older and slightly taller. "I could be the best chef in Juvela. I could be the best salesman in Juvela. I could be the best corrupt, vile, noble in Juvela." For emphasis as she spoke, she created a small illusion in her hand for each position she spoke of. A firecracker, a loaf of bread, a stack of coins, and a paper scroll on fire. With a sigh, her tone flopped from introspection to one of exasperation. "But I really just want this gem out of my hand," she said, flipping her hand over to show the gemstone embedded within. Around the skin on her hand where the gem rested was a red rash, spanning the entire perimeter.

The rash wasn't there because of them gem, the gem was almost... part of her. The rash was there because she was constantly scratching at it, both subconsciously and purposefully.

She brushed some green glass out of her hair without a second thought and continued speaking, "I don't think it really matters how safe this place is, we're leaving aren't we? Besides, that's not even the problem. I can get myself through a fight no issue, done it before. I just keep worrying my uncle's going to need me back in Elmas. He has people to help him, but no one as good as me..."

Mentions:
Interactions: Skyflash Skyflash

FINTIS RIVERHELM
The Jeweled Temple, Phailin. ( Back of the group )
Notable Interactions: Group at Large

( Camden Camden dragonsfire dragonsfire animegirl20 animegirl20 Alba Teno Alba Teno The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit Life. Life. Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Silvis Silvis RizaTiz RizaTiz Rantos Rantos Ariel Ariel Skyflash Skyflash Shame Shame )
---

Speaking not a word at first and merely observing, already did Fintis feel the shadows of anxiety reaching from every crevice in the temple, grabbing at his heels and irritating every discomfort and fear the unfamiliar brought forth. He wondered how people who once had no right to even pretend at heroism could take to the task they’d been given so easily. Nothing but dread filled him, a feeling that only worsened as he realized more and more that there was no getting out of this. Not when the pearl remained attached to his chest. He didn’t want to abandon his people just to go on a quest that they all could very well fail at. And for what? To spare their world? Surely someone else had to be better suited for this than himself. If only he could tell the gemstone that.

He listened to the others speak until he could finally keep silent no longer. He rose to his feet and coughed, attempting to get anyone’s attention. He wasn’t nearly as ostentatious as some others in the group it seemed, but he would try and make due with what he would personally allow himself. “Excuse me!” He exclaimed, grimacing at how uncertain he sounded. “Right, sorry. Excuse me!” This time, he was much louder.

“I do apologize for being the downer here, but surely pleasantries can be temporarily delayed for another time, couldn’t they?” He asked, looking around. “We have stones lodged in our bodies, powers that are borrowed, and some vast and dangerous quest ahead of us with no clear solution, just an end goal we must achieve. This neither seems like a choice nor a simple task to undermine with false optimism. Shouldn’t we be offering our skill sets or at least figuring out a plan? I don’t want to be here or leave home either but..”

His expression soured. “If the stories are truly fact, then any home or life we seek to return to seems condemned unless we go through with this and succeed.” What was he even saying? He doubted anyone could even hear him on top of their own conversations.

With a sigh Fintis fell silent, raising his hand to rest it on top of the pearl in his chest. He already said all that he had to say. For the moment, at least.

Daniel
Still wandering, headed south of Elmas, soon to reach the capital.
With no one, alone.

He had used up 5 minutes of his animal power. His strength is now halved meaning that he had to be extremely careful not to get in combat. He was headed south to the capital. Why you may ask? Because he had some coins on him to rent a room at the inn. A thing he was worried about though was the Miners branches located there. I mean, they are pretty much everywhere. Passing by a waterfall now, he ends up arriving at he gates of the capital, they were huge (Gates are open.) He walked through them watching the amazing city unravel as he entered. Someone bumps into Daniel and runs off. Daniel finds out he was pickpocketed and tackles the kid “Don’t you ever do that again, you brat!” , takes back his pouch of coins and lets the kid go. Sprints into the inner city to look for an inn.

In the shadows

Freks had been listening to this old fool go on for so long. From what he could understand. He wanted this group of strangers to risk their lives on some death defying journey in order to stop the return of an evil superbeing? Stepping out from the darkness, Freks probably startled a few people. When he got the invite to come here, Freks came prepared. His black coat completely masked his face. All they could see would be the lower half of a face at best. No way was Freks trusting his appearance to a bunch of crackpots sitting on their asses in a church drinking in holy scripture. He got enough of that at home. Well at least they paid Miguelo for the days he'd be gone.

"So let me get this straight? You want US to go on a potentially fatal journey to SAVE THE WORLD?. Yeah right, you don't need us... you need our gems. Otherwise we'd just be more trash to scoff at on the side of the road. You want me to risk my life? I EXPECT payment. I'm a Freelancer... pay me. I want coin, lots of coin. Enough to convince me that I should consider this suicide mission"

No Freks was NOT being unfair. They pull him out of his life and expect him to risk his life for this cause? As far as Freks was concerned, the Peridot was his and his alone. Anyone who tried to take it would DIE.

Camden Camden dragonsfire dragonsfire animegirl20 animegirl20 Alba Teno Alba Teno The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit Life. Life. Typewriter Typewriter Silvis Silvis RizaTiz RizaTiz Rantos Rantos Ariel Ariel Skyflash Skyflash Shame Shame

Users who are viewing this thread

Back