• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Truth About Balance (OPEN)

Characters
Here

Ganymede Apathy

cupbearer
People assume that the biggest pair of opposing forces is life and death. However, there is one that many brush aside as too normal, and it doesn't affect us. Reality and dreams. Reality is but one of the most powerful entities of all, but dreams are much much more powerful. They have dictation over our personality, over our destiny. Dreams have the ability to see into the future. They make us smarter, and they make us who we are. Mors, or death, has disappeared. People all over the world have stopped dying. The population begins to rise quickly. So Vita, or life, has stopped her process. She recruited Somnia, or dreams, to help find him. In response, Somnia pulls a power move. He makes every living thing fall into sleep, and Rem, or reality, makes it so that the beings stay in their current state during sleep. Somnia then finds some of the most worthy humans to help them find Mors. That is where you come in.

You wake up in a dense forest, the sounds and smells of nature overcoming you. You look around at the other people. Even though you are here, you feel distant. Like it's a dream, but not a dream. The trees then mysteriously separate, and you watch as a mystical druid-like man coming your way. He has a magical flowing robe, the bottoms ripped from the feral wolves that accompanied him the way here. He stops at the edge of the clearing. "Hello, bellatoris. I have summoned you here to help Vita." Before you even begin to question anything, he waves his hand, and the trees separated to reveal a small girl, with a white flowing dress and blonde hair. He button nose red compared to the rest of her pail skin, she sniffles, as she had been crying ever since she noticed Mors disappearance. You hear a boy at the age of about 16 push his glasses up. "Vita. Vita is life, correct?" The small girl nodded, impressed. "You all may know of the 4 most opposing forces of all time. Life and death, and dreams and reality. I represent life, Vita. My brother represents Death, Mors. This man represents dreams, Somnia. And his sister represents Reality, Rem. My brother, Mors, has disappeared. There is no doubt that someone is trying to upset the balance. Perhaps they lost a loved one. Or perhaps they want to take over the world. No matter, my brother must be found. The whole cycle of life is but a dream if Mors is not here. I had Somnia bring you here to help me. According to him, you all have very distinguished qualities that will aid me in finding Mors." The same boy with the glasses smirked, unimpressed. "How are we supposed to help you? We are just mere mortals. We have no abilities." He stands up, almost challenging Vita. The girl frowns.

"Which is why Somnia will amplify your distinguished qualities to the point that it will turn into an ability. Say if you are a snake of a person, toxic and cunning, you may gain the ability of being venomous, fast, and a hell of an enemy. Like you. I see you now and that's all I see. Another of you could be someone who cares about others well being, and become a healer. It's truly a fascinating thing. However you will not gain this ability quite yet. Somnia will guide you to the Fortress of Balance. A fellow friend will meet you there. I have some activities to attend to." She smiled at the rest of you, and disappeared in a puff of white smoke. Somnia turned to you, and smiled. "Any questions?" His soothing voice asked.

Last edited:
[class=BackgroundPicture] Background:url(https://media.giphy.com/media/xT9IgN8YKRhByRBzMI/giphy.gif) ; Padding:30px; background-size:100% 100%; //The background image that become the border// [/class] [class=BackgroundColor] padding:20px; background-color:#321040; Color:#F9E3C1; [/class] [class=Name] float:right; margin-bottom:8px; text-align:center; border-radius:5px; background-color:#F9E3C1; padding:5px; color:#321040; width:calc(100% - 15% - 33px); [/class] [class=Img] border-right:20px SOLID #321040; border-bottom:10px SOLID #321040; width:15%; float:left; [/class] [class=Image] border:1px SOLID #F9E3C1; line-height:0px; [/class] [class=Line] border-top:1px SOLID #F9E3C1; margin-top:5px; margin-bottom:5px; [/class] [div class="BackgroundPicture"] [div class="BackgroundColor"] [div class="Img"] [div class="Image"]
3ff5a84229168019a2689ac7c587fee0.jpg
[/div][/div] [div class="Name"] Celeste Jones[/div]
Any questions? Any questions??? She had like a million questions!!! "I have several, several questions" She said shyly. Her gaze kept to the ground and flicked up to this guy and these people. It was all so confusing and unreal. "This can't all just be a dream can it? And powers? what, what abilities would we even get from our qualities??? That doesn't really make sense....even with that...I don't..." How was she even chosen? Celeste could hardly keep herself together in the first place let alone go on some dream adventure....was this...even real? Maybe she died while on the street and this was...the after life? but they did just explain that she was life and death was gone??...but if this was a dream then was that real?

Her thoughts went a mile a minute until they suddenly quieted and focused. She stood up a bit straighter and spoke a bit more flatly. "If this is real, then our bodies are just....sleeping where they are right? what happens when we find death a gain? will we experience the effects of how ever long we were asleep and just die of starvation then?? None of this makes much sense." She crossed her arms.

[div class="Line"][/div] Interacting: Ganymede Apathy Ganymede Apathy | Mentioned: N/A| Located: Dream forest [div class="Line" style="margin-bottom:0px;"][/div]
[/div] [/div]

Last edited:
Somnia smiled, knowing that she chose right. "Good questions, Celeste." He already knew all of their names. He brought them here, he might as well know them while he's at it. His clothes flowed, growing, mending the tears and rips that were there before. "This is not exactly a dream, even if you are in the dream world. A dream is usually a play, written and played by your brain. Your dreams connect to a network of other dreams, which is why some people may have the same dream, or why someone may feel as if someone is familiar when they never met. It's a very complex system. Anyways, this network of dreams makes up the Dream World, in which we stand today. All opposing balances like life and death, dreams and reality, dark and light, and even good and evil, reside here in my land, reaching out from my universal domain to influence the world as best as they can. Vita, or life, greatly appreciates my assistance. Our government system is very complex, not like something in Reality. Vita and Mors are the two biggest opposing forces of all time, making them a monarch figure, and they do whatever they must to keep the balance." Realizing he got off track with that one question, he jumps back on. "Your powers will reflect your personalities on a whole new level. Like you. I can already see yours developing at this moment. I won't tell you much right now, but I will tell you this. Light and darkness will be your domain." He turned around. "Follow me while I answer more questions." He began to walk slowly, allowing them to admire his realm. "Every person in the world is asleep right now, yes. And normally you would die of starvation and thirst, but thanks to Rem, aka Reality, your needs will stay the same as they were before. It's as if time froze, but it hasn't. Time is a power none of us can control. When we find Mors." He looked down in sadness. "Balance will be restored, and you guys will have the choice to stay and become warriors, or you can go back, and it will all be like a dream, fading away quickly, a blurry thought or image. However if you choose to stay you will have the option to go back periodically, but you will be immortal, so soon you may lose all of your friends. But life here in this realm isn't so bad." AgWordSmith AgWordSmith

Byrel crossed her arms, glaring at Somnia as he walked away from. Lips pursed and frowning she made no move to follow.

"What if we want to go back? Like, right now. You can't just pluck people up without asking." She shook her head slightly, gaze softening. "I mean ... I know it sounds bad and all, and yeah - it'd help if you asked. But it's not exactly asking is it like this. Are we supposed to stay here until we finish whatever the hell it is we're doing?"

She quietens for a moment, waiting for a response. It all seems so ridiculous to here, like something out of a story she'd read back home. The whole environment looks and feels enchanting to Byrel, but her brain still insists it can't possibly be real. It can't be a dream and it can't be reality. Everything is twisting apart, changing just exactly what Byrel thought were the parameters for 'normal'. It looks like she'll have to set a new normal.

Then, a question occurs to her, more horrifying that she'd previously thought. Byrel fixes her fiery gaze on Somnia and asks:

"How are we supposed to know that it's you who want balance and not chaos? Good people don't just kidnap others to do their dirty work for them."

Ganymede Apathy Ganymede Apathy

Somnia froze, turning around slowly. "Well if you go back, you would be alone. You would be awake, nobody would be able to wake up to join you. Nobody would be able to keep your internet or anything up, you would be sitting around, and the only thing to do would be to eat, or sleep. You don't know how valuable each and every one of you are. And while I didn't fully understand that last question, I will say this. I am to be trusted. If I were the one who wanted chaos and wanted to upset the balance by kidnapping Mors, wouldn't I bring less valuable members? Like maybe some fat lowlife who beats orphans for entertainment." He shook his head. "If you want to save death then that's good, but if not, you will be promised an eternity of nightmares and distress." He turned back around. "So. Choose: An eternity of sleep and suffering, or a life with death at the end, leaving everything balanced." Ellaer Ellaer

[class=BackgroundPicture] Background:url(https://media.giphy.com/media/xT9IgN8YKRhByRBzMI/giphy.gif) ; Padding:30px; background-size:100% 100%; //The background image that become the border// [/class] [class=BackgroundColor] padding:20px; background-color:#321040; Color:#F9E3C1; [/class] [class=Name] float:right; margin-bottom:8px; text-align:center; border-radius:5px; background-color:#F9E3C1; padding:5px; color:#321040; width:calc(100% - 25% - 33px); [/class] [class=Img] border-right:20px SOLID #321040; border-bottom:10px SOLID #321040; width:25%; float:left; [/class] [class=Image] border:1px SOLID #F9E3C1; line-height:0px; [/class] [class=Line] border-top:1px SOLID #F9E3C1; margin-top:5px; margin-bottom:5px; [/class] [div class="BackgroundPicture"] [div class="BackgroundColor"] [div class="Img"] [div class="Image"]
Somnia smiled, knowing that she chose right. "Good questions, Celeste." He already knew all of their names. He brought them here, he might as well know them while he's at it. His clothes flowed, growing, mending the tears and rips that were there before. "This is not exactly a dream, even if you are in the dream world. A dream is usually a play, written and played by your brain. Your dreams connect to a network of other dreams, which is why some people may have the same dream, or why someone may feel as if someone is familiar when they never met. It's a very complex system. Anyways, this network of dreams makes up the Dream World, in which we stand today. All opposing balances like life and death, dreams and reality, dark and light, and even good and evil, reside here in my land, reaching out from my universal domain to influence the world as best as they can. Vita, or life, greatly appreciates my assistance. Our government system is very complex, not like something in Reality. Vita and Mors are the two biggest opposing forces of all time, making them a monarch figure, and they do whatever they must to keep the balance." Realizing he got off track with that one question, he jumps back on. "Your powers will reflect your personalities on a whole new level. Like you. I can already see yours developing at this moment. I won't tell you much right now, but I will tell you this. Light and darkness will be your domain." He turned around. "Follow me while I answer more questions." He began to walk slowly, allowing them to admire his realm. "Every person in the world is asleep right now, yes. And normally you would die of starvation and thirst, but thanks to Rem, aka Reality, your needs will stay the same as they were before. It's as if time froze, but it hasn't. Time is a power none of us can control. When we find Mors." He looked down in sadness. "Balance will be restored, and you guys will have the choice to stay and become warriors, or you can go back, and it will all be like a dream, fading away quickly, a blurry thought or image. However if you choose to stay you will have the option to go back periodically, but you will be immortal, so soon you may lose all of your friends. But life here in this realm isn't so bad." AgWordSmith AgWordSmith
She thought about what he said. It made sense but...light and dark? What did she have to do with light and dark.... she looked at her hands and then at the girl speaking to Somnia now. Her questions insighted some fear but Smonia seemed to handle what ever question he got. Though....she didn’t like the idea of an enteral sleep of suffering....Celeste deciddd it be best to help to avoid all that. She stayed silent now, looking at the others and Somnia as they walked on. It was weird to think this was all real. Part of her was suspicious, but...even if it wasn’t real, or...was real? Either way this was much better than being on the streets...

[div class="Line"][/div] Interacting: Ganymede Apathy Ganymede Apathy | Mentioned: Ellaer Ellaer | Located: Walking with the group; thinking [div class="Line" style="margin-bottom:0px;"][/div]
[/div] [/div]

"Fine," Byrel rolls her eyes slightly. "I'll stay and help. It's the right thing to do. Besides," her lips quirk up into a half-smile, "I don't exactly how much else on the agenda do I?"

She chuckles to her herself, amused by her own joke. Byrel's laughter lasts only a few moments, though, before she lapses back into the uncomfortable silence filling the forest? She's not exactly sure what the whole place is supposed to be. It appears to be some kind of forest, both darkened by shadows and brimming with light at the same time. Her head still protests that it can't possibly be real, but her heart sings that the dream reality is different from all the reality she's ever known.

Their footsteps fall upon the ground in an unending rhythm as they walk, headed towards who knows where. Byrel stills a glance at the girl who'd spoken first - Celeste if she remembers correctly. Supposedly her powers would have something to do with light and dark. Perhaps she'll be able to turn into a torch. Byrel laughs to herself again, the merry sound seemingly miserably quiet in the empty surroundings. The silence is starting to get to her, so Byrel puts on her best smile and approaches Celeste.

"So .... you're Celeste, right? My name's Byrel. Byrel Alagos." Her voice sounds strange in the dense but empty dream forest. "It translates to Fire-Star Storm. It sounds mega pretentious like that, I know. But ... I kinda like having a fancy elvish name y'know? But the amount of people that think it's supposed to be Beryl? You wouldn't believe how often I get that." Byrel continues to prattle on for a while as they walk before changing her topic towards the 'powers' each of them were supposed to have. "Light and dark related powers, huh? That's, like, crazy ambiguous. Does it mean you'll be able to shape-shift into a glowing ball of light or that you can summon a torch whenever you need one? I wonder what mine are. Probably something daft like the ability to trip over non-existent things."

Ganymede Apathy Ganymede Apathy AgWordSmith AgWordSmith

[class=BackgroundPicture] Background:url(https://media.giphy.com/media/xT9IgN8YKRhByRBzMI/giphy.gif) ; Padding:30px; background-size:100% 100%; //The background image that become the border// [/class] [class=BackgroundColor] padding:20px; background-color:#321040; Color:#F9E3C1; [/class] [class=Name] float:right; margin-bottom:8px; text-align:center; border-radius:5px; background-color:#F9E3C1; padding:5px; color:#321040; width:calc(100% - 15% - 33px); [/class] [class=Img] border-right:20px SOLID #321040; border-bottom:10px SOLID #321040; width:15%; float:left; [/class] [class=Image] border:1px SOLID #F9E3C1; line-height:0px; [/class] [class=Line] border-top:1px SOLID #F9E3C1; margin-top:5px; margin-bottom:5px; [/class] [div class="BackgroundPicture"] [div class="BackgroundColor"] [div class="Img"] [div class="Image"]
"So .... you're Celeste, right? My name's Byrel. Byrel Alagos." Her voice sounds strange in the dense but empty dream forest. "It translates to Fire-Star Storm. It sounds mega pretentious like that, I know. But ... I kinda like having a fancy elvish name y'know? But the amount of people that think it's supposed to be Beryl? You wouldn't believe how often I get that." Byrel continues to prattle on for a while as they walk before changing her topic towards the 'powers' each of them were supposed to have. "Light and dark related powers, huh? That's, like, crazy ambiguous. Does it mean you'll be able to shape-shift into a glowing ball of light or that you can summon a torch whenever you need one? I wonder what mine are. Probably something daft like the ability to trip over non-existent things."
She listened to the girl talk on and on. at first she wasn't really having any of it but as Byrel rambled Celeste started to pay attention more and seem more genuinely interested. Like her heart was more on her sleeve now than all walled up. When prompted to answer she glanced away. " I uhh... I don't know what it means...might be something cool or not? I guess. I bet your's will end up being cool though. I don't usually get anything that's useful, I bet not even in a dream world. "

[div class="Line"][/div] Interacting: Ellaer Ellaer | Mentioned: Ganymede Apathy Ganymede Apathy | Located: walking with Somnia and the gang [div class="Line" style="margin-bottom:0px;"][/div]
[/div] [/div]

[div style="padding: 7.5%; text-align: justify;"]
Choi Seo Yeon
Seo Yeon remained quiet throughout the entire exchange, uncomfortable speaking in the presence of strangers. Though she said nothing, her gaze followed each who spoke, her attention on what was being said. Her expression remained impassive, despite the unbelievable revelations being explained to them. The only sign that betrayed her discomfort was a delicate finger twirling a lock of bleached blonde hair.

Dark brown eyes perused each member of the party, committing their features and names to memory. If there was any truth to the man called Somnia's words, she would need to learn her companions' behavior and act accordingly. The stakes here were much higher than what she believed were the petty struggles of her human life. She failed to understand it herself, but somehow, she'd been given a responsibility. One that felt beyond her scope, but she would be forced to meet it.

The idea of powers both intrigued and terrified her. She tugged at the sleeves of her lacey blue dress as she followed the others; another nervous tick. As she did, a question came to mind and she found herself saying it before she could stop herself. "Are our words being translated to this land's language by you? I only speak and understand Korean, so I assume something is being done so we can all communicate."
[/div]

Somnia responded to the girl quickly. "For that, I have made it so that everything you hear is translated to your own language automatically. So say Celeste only speaks English, she hears you speak in English, when you are truly speaking Korean." He said, turning as the trees stopped, and a large, endless land is full of grass and beautiful creatures. They are at the front of the castle, and it doesn't take long for them to enter the doors, and he walks slow so that the soldiers could take in the beautiful sight. The castle is a mess of interconnected towers and walls, towering into the clouds, the top barely visible, but sparkling brightly nevertheless. The doors were a dark, warm wood, studded with bright shiny silver. The doors opened automatically, and it was a large hallway leading to the throne room. Sitting upon the bright, soft throne of silk and marble, is Vita, and the dark timber throne beside hers is empty, the wood chipping away slowly. "Welcome, Dreamers! This is the Fortress of Balance!" She said, welcoming and bright. Somnia went and stood by her side, ready for attention. Rem ran in. "Sorry! I meant to meet you at the gate!" Rem was a beautiful woman, but extremely ordinary compared to the others. While Somnia seemed to be made of jello, and wispy, she looks human and alive, as if she were completely real. "I'm Rem, or reality. I was supposed to welcome you to the fortress, but I got held up." She bowed to Vita, smiling.

@ everyone

Arin took a deep breath. This was a lot of stuff to take in all at once, to say the least. But on the bright side...this felt a lot like an anime! He didn't see much point in delaying this much further, and was also pretty excited to see what kind of new stuff he'd be able to do. He had never really thought about what his characteristics were, so he hoped to be pleasantly surprised.
"Cool, so uh...where do we start?" He finally said, somewhat timidly from the back of the group.

The castle is a mess of interconnected towers and walls, towering into the clouds, the top barely visible, but sparkling brightly nevertheless. The doors were a dark, warm wood, studded with bright shiny silver. The doors opened automatically, and it was a large hallway leading to the throne room. Sitting upon the bright, soft throne of silk and marble, is Vita, and the dark timber throne beside hers is empty, the wood chipping away slowly. "Welcome, Dreamers! This is the Fortress of Balance!" She said, welcoming and bright. Somnia went and stood by her side, ready for attention. Rem ran in. "Sorry! I meant to meet you at the gate!" Rem was a beautiful woman, but extremely ordinary compared to the others. While Somnia seemed to be made of jello, and wispy, she looks human and alive, as if she were completely real. "I'm Rem, or reality. I was supposed to welcome you to the fortress, but I got held up." She bowed to Vita, smiling.
Celeste noted the thrones, one raditaing the kind of air Vita had around her and the other... she guessed was for her missing brother. The crumbling was not a good sign. Rem seemed very...solid, unlike Somnia who reminded her that this was all a dream after all. Celeste gave a small smile to Rem and waved as her Hello. She wasn't sure what to say but it seemed a blonde in the back did. SHe wondered...how exactly would they start after all?

[div class="Line"][/div] Interacting: Ganymede Apathy Ganymede Apathy | Mentioned: Doctor Nope Doctor Nope | Located: IN the Castle; Thinking [div class="Line" style="margin-bottom:0px;"][/div]
[/div] [/div]

"Is this part where we find out what our oh-so-mystery powers are?" Byrel asks, risking a brief glimpse up at Vita, sat upon their throne. It's a straightforward question, but there's something about the atmosphere of the place that makes her almost wish she hadn't asked out.

There's something in the fortress that seems almost empty and ... well, unbalanced. It was as though only half of the castle was really there, and the other part was just a shade of what was supposed to be there. Perhaps it was something to do with the crumbling wooden throne, standing empty beside Vita's throne.

Securing up a bit of courage, Byrel makes eye contact with Vita. "I'm ... I'm sorry for the disappearance of your brother." She glances around at the group of 'Dreamers'. "I'm sure we'll all do everything we can to help, assuming we can, uh, be helpful to all this ... dream stuff."

Mikealus awoke slowly to the forest around him, he thought that he'd been kidnapped in his sleep, the smell of the earth, the forest air, it all seemed very real to him and he was about to run very quickly before realising that other individuals were in the same situation, all equally confused and doubting of their scenery. The man stood up and cracked his neck before listening intently to the group around him, confusion, fear and anxiety were clearly present and Mikealus didn't want them to feel to out of place, he kept quiet for now as the others spoke and began to process and adapt himself for future interactions.

As the group moved he steadily kept pace with the rest of them, he thought himself the oldest but of course there was no real way to tell, that never bothered him anyway, he was always told he was too mature for his age, whatever that meant. Mikealus stopped for a second or two to admire the elegance and decor of the room and to be honest even the doors, they were gorgeous, the colours were lovely and the contrasts built character in ways he never thought could. Dream or Reality? He couldn't tell he just knew that the best way to power through would be together.

He gave a warm smile to the lady on throne and to the other who hurriedly ran in. Ah, reality, perfect. His brain was a little sizzled but he knew that himself wasn't much of a problem as long as he could help the others.

"Don't worry everyone, we'll get through this if we just stay together and Miss Vita, I hope you are doing well, I apologise for your loss but we will find him, won't we ladies and gentleman?" he questioned the group around him, spreading his arms out and lifting his head, relaxing shoulders and parting the feet, he exuded an aura of calmness and security, one that could be relied on. Mikealus smiled at everyone in turn, looking at Byrel, "I'm sure answers will come soon, no rush after all, we are here to learn," he paused before chuckling, "My manners excuse me I'm Mikealus, it's a pleasure to be here with you all," he was very relaxed in such a situation and looked at everyone comfortingly, wanting them to feel even the slightest bit more relaxed.

@ everyone.

Byrel smiles despite herself, "Well, you certainly seem confident in what we're doing. I, for one, still think we need a little more info than just 'hello, we've plonked you all in a dream place, we've got a missing person and we need you to find him'. Surely we've been here long enough to deserve answers by now." Then she frowns slightly. "Assuming, we've actually been here very long. I still can't decide if it's been hours or merely minutes. Guess it's just like regular dreams in that aspect."

"Hey," Byrel turns to the three beings gathered by Vita's throne, "how is time happening here? Like, if we spend say a month here, is that a month in real life? Presumably, our bodies will be safe but ... y'know, it's concerning." She shrugs slightly, casting an uneasy green-eyed look around the group of 'Dreamers'.

Vita was satisfied by how the dreamers were acting, and the man known as Mikealus was comforting to everyone. She smiled. "Thank you, Mikealus. I know that Mors is alright, I can feel his presence no matter how far he may be. I have full faith in all of you." She turned her head to Byrel. "Time will pass differently, that is true. A month here would be a week in real life. However, I hope that it does not take longer than a month." She returned. "I will allow Somnia to tell you all you may be asking, and hopefully he can tell you what you want to hear."

Rem smiled. "First off, I just want to reassure you all that what happens outside of this dream world... Well. It doesn't. It's as if time has stopped, when it really hasn't. No building are falling, no electricity surging, nothing. I've done my best to insure the safety of all of humanity and creatures alike." She smiled, her hands moving with every word she says. Her presence seemed to stop the almost unnoticeable shivering world around them. She turned to Somnia as he spoke up.

"I will begin by telling you about all the things you have to worry about in this dream world, and what you don't have to worry about. First of all, food and water. There is a sort of stimulated hunger or thirst here, but you can not die of these things here. You may feel the need for such things, but that is just a sort of muscle memory. An internal instinct. I will make sure you all satisfy those needs, but soon your mind will adjust to not needing these things." He nodded at the dining hall. "This is where you will go around the approximate eating times." He turned his head back to the dreamers. "Another thing is creature dangers. While I have ensured that no animals or creatures will attack, I assume that the one who kidnapped Mors has some influence over creatures, as they couldn't have gotten far without the creatures attacking. So when we go to get Mors back, we might have to battle these creatures. You may also wonder what your abilities are that I have given you. I will tell you that you deserve to know, and I understand that, but that is mostly something that you will discover when we begin training. Like I told Celeste, I will tell you the best I can. Before I begin, is there anything I need to discuss that I haven't already?" He looked up to the ceiling in thought.

@ everyone

Arin felt pretty happy with the explanations so far. There were arrangements made for the dreamers' conveniences, a confirmation about training, and it seemed that they'd be beginning pretty soon. He thought about anything he was still unsure of, but couldn't think of anything significant. He wanted to know the actual plan for finding Mors in the first place, but he figured that could wait until training begun. Speaking of which, he couldn't wait to get to that part.
"Yup, this all sounds good."

"I will begin by telling you about all the things you have to worry about in this dream world, and what you don't have to worry about. First of all, food and water. There is a sort of stimulated hunger or thirst here, but you can not die of these things here. You may feel the need for such things, but that is just a sort of muscle memory. An internal instinct. I will make sure you all satisfy those needs, but soon your mind will adjust to not needing these things." He nodded at the dining hall. "This is where you will go around the approximate eating times." He turned his head back to the dreamers. "Another thing is creature dangers. While I have ensured that no animals or creatures will attack, I assume that the one who kidnapped Mors has some influence over creatures, as they couldn't have gotten far without the creatures attacking. So when we go to get Mors back, we might have to battle these creatures. You may also wonder what your abilities are that I have given you. I will tell you that you deserve to know, and I understand that, but that is mostly something that you will discover when we begin training. Like I told Celeste, I will tell you the best I can. Before I begin, is there anything I need to discuss that I haven't already?" He looked up to the ceiling in thought.
She didn't like the thought of just finding out what she could do. Celeste always knew what she was capable of, even if it wasn't much, and would like to still feel that way... Though part of her was curious to see what she could do concerning this light and dark stuff. She felt a bit conflicted on that but kept listening to Somnia. Thinking it would be odd to feel hungry but not actually need food. Guess it made sense though. She stayed silent as her hands fidgeted a bit, bringing her arms close to her to take up the least amount of space. Her eyes glanced at those around her, the blond guy and girl who seemed more her age, the older guy who seemed to be completely calm and open about all of this, the other woman who spoke of languages earlier. She looked at them for a moment and then and at Somnia who seems deep at thought, she felt nervous and a bit...excited to see what more there was to see, though, mostly nervous. [/COLOR]

[div class="Line"][/div] Interacting: Ganymede Apathy Ganymede Apathy | Mentioned: Doctor Nope Doctor Nope Ellaer Ellaer Luckz Luckz fluticasone fluticasone | Located: In the castle, looking around [div class="Line" style="margin-bottom:0px;"][/div]
[/div] [/div]

"Eh ... sounds great." Byrel shrugged again, glancing around at the other Dreamers.

For once, she didn't actually have any more questions. Byrel was too eager to get started with the training and finally find out exactly what her (and everyone's) powers were. More questions would delay for the process, so, for now, she was content just to get started and maybe start properly finding out a little more about her companions.

[div style="padding: 7.5%; text-align: justify;"]
Choi Seo Yeon
Where others easily took the information in stride, Seo Yeon struggled to absorb the newfound "reality" she was in. She found no comfort in the presence of others, and instead longed for the normalcy of her waking hours. Dreams were for people who still had them; she'd given up her fanciful aspirations a long time ago. But there was nothing she could do. Like the others here, she was brought here according to the whims of those who held power over all of them. It wasn't all that different from everyone else's daily reality.

Her gaze flitted to each person in the room, making mental notes of their personas. "We don't have much of a choice on the matter, do we?" With an small sardonic smile, she nodded once. A look of defeat flashed through her eyes before she blinked it away. "I'll do what I can."
[/div]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back