• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Traveller of Refuge (Doctor Who)

You step out into the fading moonlight on the moor, the river's proud flow filling the air. To the West, you see Refuge just beginning to wake at 5:05, lead by the solitary Davro, bearing his candle.

Seems just like last time. Then, I think the way to fix this loop is just to... not die? I might as well hide in the TARDIS until this is all over then, but I've got a feeling that won't really work. I shut the door behind me and head into Refuge.
"Davro," I say as I approach the Cyberman, "Got a moment? You probably don't know who I am, but I know who you are. We need to talk."

Error 420 Error 420

Venom Adhamm Venom Adhamm Davro throws down his hood, showing the reflected candlelight on his metallic face. "Well, traveller, you have me at a disadvantage." His voice seems a bit colder and less trusting than before. "Before we get to any interrogations, how about I have a name and a reason why you're all alone in these woods?" The Cyberman Davro seems surprised and almost taken aback by your sudden presence.

His attitude's definitely a lot less friendly this time. Probably because Marie isn't here with me. I'd rather get right down to business this time. Since he doesn't know who I am, this is definitely a time loop, and so far, only me and Marie are the ones aware of it. Better make this quick.
"Sorry, I'm going to be rushing a bit, I don't have time to explain much beyond the necessary. You can call me Ahab. I'm from the future. You and the rest of Refuge are currently in a time loop. If you don't know what that means, basically, the events that are going to play out soon will continuously repeat until the loop is resolved. We have looped one time so far," I explain, giving Davro a moment to process all that before continuing.
"In the last loop, I was with Marie when I met you. At the end of the loop, Marie and I were killed by a man in a metal chariot. Does someone like that sound familiar to you?"

Error 420 Error 420

"Sorry, Mister Ahab, I didn't go to Sunday school." He doesn't seem to comprehend any of what you've said. "If you'd be willing to come with me we could talk this out back at the fort yon that direction." He gestures to the fort, the clock having already progressed to 5:06. He's silent, seemingly processing something, but no sound issues forth.

Damn. Was hoping this would be way easier. Time loops are never easy to resolve though, are they?
"Yeah, that'd be fine. Do me a favor and don't light the fireplace this time though. Makes me uncomfortable," I request as I lead the way towards the fort.

Error 420 Error 420

Users who are viewing this thread

Back