• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Tower

Andrew sighed, realizing that he would not be able to find anything sitting around. Standing back up, He would continue to walk around, but would keep an eye out for cured leather. He knew he needed it if he wanted to activate mage-armor, which was his primary defense without actually putting armor on. For now, he moved towards the sound of battle.

After a few minutes of walking Andrew would see dim light growing at the end of the hall way. The sounds of battle and shrieking monsters was nearer. He could see two brave champions fighting skeletons ahead. If Andrew hoped to get to them he would need to fight a few skeletons of his own. Three stand between himself and the future comrades.

Pephennas kept hacking at the skeletons near him, attempting to sever their arms. He also began bellowing in Orcish, in case the skeletons could still feel fear.

"I AM PEPHENNAS OF NOWHERE IN PARTICULAR, AND YOU SHALL FEEL MY WRATH!!!"

((Two 17s and my first 20. :D ))

@Grimsvald

[dice]24116[/dice]

Andrew saw that two others were fighting against a force and, fearing for their safety over his own, would hold up his hand. "Magic missile!" He yelled, casting the three darts towards the skeleton in the middle that was in front of him.

The three magic missiles exploded on impact. The skeleton was torn apart and strewn across the ground for 5ft in every direction. This dramatic display of power made the other two skeletons aware of Andrew's presence. They turned their heads and screeched.

Andrew would notice something very important about the skeleton he had just killed. Shreds of a leather outfit still cling to its shattered bones. If he could get past these two enemies, he would have plenty of materials to cast his armor spell.

"Bugger me, they just don't give up now do they?" Rannie scoffed at the screeching and flailing about of the skeleton horde. Whomever that woman was she was gona get a piece of his mind after this! hopefully not plastered against the walls by an angry bone head.

"Seems like we have a BONE to pick with you lady!

This doesn't tickle his FUNNY BONE at all!

No way he could find this HUMERIS!

Don't worry folks things are going tibia okay!

All these skeletons sure look like NUMB SKULLS!

Cutting through them all is gona be a skele-TON of work!

Come on! grow a spine why dont'chyea!!!"

Rannie laughed his roguish arse off as he began to stab, and shoot, at his surrounding foes.

The skeleton with the chipped skull rushed towards the taunting table top rogue. One of the arrows fired by the rogue tore this skeleton asunder. The arrow burst through the monster's sternum causing it to fall apart. Its bones clattered to the ground, but it still lived....in a way.

The bones rustled around on the ground. Then the pile fell away to reveal a skull scooting across the ground by its chin. The skull growled and chomped at the air. It clicked its teeth intimidatingly.

Pephennas slashed his sword across two skeletons around him. One of their arms fell to the ground and the other lost some ribs. Both of them staggered with the force of the blows, but neither of them retreated. Then as the warrior called out in orcish they seemed shocked. If they had eyes, they would be wide. If they had lungs, they would gasp. But they have neither so they simply slow down.

----------------Enemy Turn-----------------

The two skeletons left standing around Rannie continue to flail their arms around the table. It was amazing how much trouble they had dealing with this small difference in distance. One of them nearly slipped over the pile of bones on the floor.

The 3 around Pephennas staggered forward. One of them slapped her hand across Pephennas' chest only to have their arm fall off. Another skeleton was so slow that they were easily dodged. The final attack was the most potent. The final skeleton picked up its severed arm and swung it like a club. The bone club cracked against Pephennas' head with a *Thunk*

The two skeletons near Andrew turned to face him. Slowly and cautiously they stalked towards him, ready to attack. They are too slow to get all the way to him before he has a chance to react.

Andrew was preparing his next attack, when he heard the rogue yell out puns and taunts. Grinning at finding another cheery soul, Andraus would yell back to the rogue. "If you think those move's are good, you'll find mine quite....shocking."Andrew would close his hands into fists, as bolts of lightning would course around his grasp. " Shocking Grasp! " he chanted. Slamming his fist into his hand, he'd land strike the skeleton on the left four clean times, before his final strike knocked the skull clean off, his attack augmented by the lightning.

He would move to strike the skeleton on the right, but missed due to tripping on a bone. He'd face the skeleton head on though, grinning at the prospect of a good fight. " Yondalla guide me to my next fight!" He said, holding up his fists.

Rannie slashed with his rapier then shot with his bow killing one of the skeletons around the table.

Pephennas slashed twice at the enemies around him and scream out in orcish a second time. This time his anger must be blinding him because both attacks are a clear miss.

The single skeleton remaining beside Rannie swung up at him from the side of the table. The attack was so lack luster and half-hearted it didn't even need to be avoided. The boney hand slapped ineffectually against his armor.

The two skeletons beside Pephennas attempted to pull him to the ground. The rushed up against him and their arms wrapped firmly around him. They were able to pull him down and started biting at him. A severed head on the ground rolled over to Pephennas and bit his nose. (Dealing 2 damage) The severed head snarled and shook.

The single skeleton beside Andrew was 'shocked' so see his partner dispatched so easily. He punched Andrew in the face (dealing 3 damage)

Rannie sliced off the jaw of his advisory with a quick swipe of his rapier. Then a shot of his cross bow fired a bolt through the creatures exposed spine. The creature crumbles in a heap. No enemy dares to take its place.

While the skeletons 2 have Pephennas pinned to the ground they attempt to bite and claw his flesh. The hero refuses to go down so easily. His sword swings in an arc over him. Off of the ground by his side all the way till it clinked on the ground to his other side. One skeleton crawls away unscathed. The other feels its skull cave in.

The skeleton that made its escape kept its distance. It picked up the remains of its fallen friends and began to hurl bones at the heroes. A leg bone, a rib bone, a foot a skull. One of the bones ineffectively bounces off of Pephennas and clatters across the ground beside him.

"enough.." the beautiful armored woman grumbled loosing interest in this one sided fight. "Seems you are better than the heroes before you...How....Exciting." She rose up from her throne and waved her hand. The skeletons fell to the ground and she walked towards the party.

"I'll see you gentlemen on the second floor. Enjoy the feast!" She said pointing to the long table or rotten food. "Its your only way out.." She smiled and vanished. Her large throne at the end of the room flipped upside down and pulled back into the wall behind it.

It seems to have turned into a large stone door with no handle. In the center of the door is a finger hole surrounded by bloody handprints. Written in an arc over the door it says, 'Ill Will Pass"

All of the hand prints seem to have 5 digits intact. Although some are just partial prints. With the blood coming from only 1 of the 5 fingers it can be hard to tell in all situations.

Pephennas grabbed a finger bone from a skeleton and inserted it into the hole.

Maybe it didn't cut your finger off, but something had to make all that blood.

@Grimsvald

Pephennas feels the bone scrape across something sharp inside the finger hole. A thin blade, needle or some kind of pricking gadget. It would take a closer look than this to understand the mechanism that unlocks this door. That is all this simple experiment reveals to him.

"Whelp, now I'm betting vampiress. if i was a betting man, and I am, I'd say shes running a bunch of tests for something. Maybe this is the way to ascend to godhood? or maybe shes just sending us through this for the laughs?" Rannie continued to speak to.. nobody in particular, or perhaps a hidden audience? Either way, he made his way over to the thing that had his lug headed.... half acquaintance so baffled.

"Judging from what yea found out so far, seems to be some sort of sacrifice puzzel. putting a finger in will give it some blood and probably open the door. thing is, how much blood, and... well... perhaps somebody more brave then me can do it? you see, i need all my fingers intact for my... skills." he wiggled his fingers in a... interesting display. "they might come in handy if the next room of this tower is a bedroom."

"that said.. let me just..." he took out a handkerchief he had borrowed on the way into the place and wiped away at the hole abit. "So, who wnats to do the honors? Figured I'd make certain it's not.. well... You know how blood is, horrible stuff."

Andrew saw this, before sighing. He'd first gather up all the leather her could from the skeletons, before walking over to the slot. "Here. Let the half-ling do it." He said, stating to his fellows just what he was, before taking a deep breath, before pushing his finger into the mechanism.

He thought to himself. "This going to sting like a bitch..."

What an odd finger motion. Perhaps the strange man had some sort of technique for getting the sheets on straight which required such. Pephennas could mull it over later, right now the small man was going to get his finger chopped off.

"Do not worry. I shall avenge your finger should it be separated from your hand. You have the unflinching word of Pephennas."

@Orikanyo @Andraus @Grimsvald

"...Are you certain your not a paladin?" Rannie didn't miss a beat on that one. If he was however a paladin, the fact he had trouble with skeletons is worrying. or perhaps he has simply forgotten to exchange the stick up his arse with an immovable rod. That rumor ran for months before the paladin orders got abit in a huff over everyone asking about their immovable rods.

That was a fun month.

"So? Any terrible pain yet? need to get Pep to chop 'er off?" he had half a mind to mention if the finger didn't work to stick something unsavory in it... but the big guy might try... And Rannie, while a jokester and a damn good one at that, wasn't cruel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back