• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Tattoo IC

RoyalPhoenix32

The Royal Phoenix
不明な雄大な勇気
Unknown Majestic Courage
IC || OOC || CS

The beach stretched out to the right and left of you. Sand untarnished by human means but it seemed to have footprints in the sand. It lead to the right and left. Equal amount of foot prints in either direction but the main question was, where the hell were you?! This wasn't time to sight see nor was it time to try and follow both sets of footprints in either direction. That would take hours and you were short on patience as you wanted answers and wanted them, now! A feminine chuckle echoed from the right of you and you looked to see a woman dressed in oiran clothes. She had tattoos but they were black and swirls with no real design to them. They also didn't cover her body entirely but a good amount was covered. She sat on a wooden box of no real importance and she took a puff of her pipe before speaking.
"Well, seems like your on time. Most of those before you were late or early, signifying their powers were either rejecting them or corrupting them. It matters not to me what happens to them, I guard this beach with my life. Now, you look like you have questions but answers you will not get from me."
She pointed with her pipe to the forest path before pointing to the beach on either side of her.
"Three paths lay ahead of you. One leads to answers, the other leads to haven, and one leads to what can make you stronger. I give you fair warning, following any of the paths will bring you close to those of the other side. Or as we Asians like to say, the dead. Do not seek the shadows when they seek you. Do not seek the dreamer when she flees. Do not seek the crimson butterflies when the twins do not see. Do not seek the ropes when they sway in the wind. Do not seek the moon when night comes, for water will be your demise. Well, have fun~! And do try to keep alive."
She said before gazing back out to the ocean, an unknown glint in her eye.
caption.jpg
Coded By || StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Shadow Alpha Shadow Alpha
Honeyed Tea Honeyed Tea
eyflfla eyflfla
The Ascended The Ascended
BlueJay1403 BlueJay1403

Ori Himegami just couldn't believe that she was on a beach in the middle of nowhere and after talking to the woman about wanting answers, she had to choose one path from three. She already saw someone take the forest path and looked to the other paths. She sighed before taking the left path.

Last edited:
Taliah Hext, once again, regretted leaving home today. How the hell do you end up on a beach- when walking into a tattoo shop of all places? Of course, the woman who had explained things to her obviously knew more about the situation than she did. So, like any rational person, she chose a path. After what was admittedly not much thought, Taliah took the left path, mainly because it was the same as her dominant hand. Dressed in comfortable and considerably warm clothing to aide in the fact that she tended to be cold, she was still shivering. "What could possibly be waiting for me?" She'd said to herself quietly.

Cyra

Anyone else in this situation would have been utterly confused and more than a bit concerned. Cyra's right hand reached up to her neck where her fresh tattoo was placed as she thought back on how the hell she ended up on a beach with no memory of getting there. Before the woman had begun to talk, Cyra squatted down in front of the strangely dressed lady. "Soooooo you can't answer any questions I may have, which is good since I'm not sure what I'd even ask yet."

Cyra stood up and gave the woman a friendly farewell wave as she looked at the various paths. She held up three fingers as she evaluated each one, "Okay. One is going to make me stronger, one is going straight to haven, and one has answers. Haven seems like a boring trip and I still don't have any real questions at this point. Looks like I'm definitely headed in the direction of strength...but she didn't tell me which one led to what." A dramatic sigh escaped her as she moved a few annoying strands of hair from her face. Cyra's eyes lingered on the forest path, she imagined that it might be the path of strength since she might get to fight someone or something. She raised her fist in the air once she came to a decision and began her trek on the forest path with an excited grin, "Adventure~ Adventure~"

BlueJay1403 BlueJay1403 (Your response...Sorry that I deleted it.)
((WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!))
Alex stands there for a few seconds, trying to process what happened. Then, he hears a horrible noise, like the feedback from a microphone, and covers his ears. Like that would do any good. The noise stops and a moment later, Alex moves in the path that he hoped would lead to answers. He did not seek to get stronger in many ways and he was happy how he was. He wanted to know what was going on.
(Forest Path)

Anthony is tense, his mind races in full survival mode. He is physically unused to the panic, but he's got the mind of a short order cook and his mental faculties carefully take in everything. He silently mouths the lady's words and tries to commit them to memory. When she is done speaking and he repeats them to himself and creates a few mental shortcuts, hoping they'll stick. He considers his options and decides Haven is the most prudent choice. Now, which leads to the Stairway to Haven?

He chooses the wooded path in the middle for a variety of reasons. Strategically, if he had to run, he had 2 options instead of one. Also, he chose the woods because he liked nature and the sun was high over head and he didn't feel like sweating. Later he will look back and realize that in large part he avoided the beach because a lot of action movies used the beach as a stage, which was really a production consideration when you thought about it. But anyways, being born a libra, he was a middle of the road kind of guy.

Last edited:
不明な雄大な勇気
Unknown Majestic Courage
IC || OOC || CS

As the people left to go their paths, the woman smiled. The path of knowledge, the path of past, and the path of strength. That was each path. Each path was a test of knowledge, past events, and strength but would they seek the truths that lie on this isle? She took a drag of her pipe and blew the smoke into the wind. She didn't need to look as the paths entrances were gone, no footprints in the sand or to the forest. She looked the sky and smiled.
"So those are the ones you two chose....Our Sun flower certainly has tastes. Tell me, will they go along with the plan or burn it like those fools long ago?"
She said as she gazed at the clouds drifting by, not needing to look behind her to see the two twins standing behind her.
"It's up to them what they chose. If they go with the plan, we could appease the lost ones with new people to take their place. Though if they don't, I fear the silence will become too much for our lady."
Reika said as she gazed out at the ocean. Her twin, Mana, just grinned.
"They seem like a lively bunch than the last one. Sad that last one became food but hope we get see some new people soon."

不明な雄大な勇気
Unknown Majestic Courage
IC || OOC || CS

The path of the forest. Trees seemed to leave gaps to give the impression of paths that lead to other places. And there were ruins here and there. Nothing much to note but The further down the path, the more ruins came along before a clearing...full of houses, in a circle, but devoid of life. In the middle of the circle was a tall tree, with a rope tied to the middle of it, and surrounding the tree was a small pond. The pond had no accessible path to the tree but it never hurts to look. But before trying to get into the pond to examine the tree, look at the water.

The path of the left seemed just like a scenic path along the beach but one could see signs of life and as such a small circle of houses around a tree drew attention. The tree seemed to be healthy and strong but seemed to ooze a liquid, a black liquid. Surrounding the tree was a small pond, blue coloring glittered innocently up.

What will one decide on what is around them? Investigate the trees or check the houses?

Alex is astounded by the unique flora and fauna on the island. He makes a mental note of it all so he can write if he ever gets home and continues on his way. When he comes to the circle of houses, he says "Wait, is this a druidic ritual?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back