• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Tales of Vendillion (Closed)

Selina followed the others, Lulu beside her, to the arena. She wondered what she would do to show them all her skills. Maybe a bit of magic. Or she could show them her skills with her long sword. Either way this was going to be an interesting evening. Selina couldn't wait to see what the others have in store as well.

Maylof looks at all the places he could climb to and to dive into the training area and onto a dummy so he could show off his expertise. He looks to the wall of equipment and asks "hey could I grab a dagger from the wall, mine have poison on them." He receives approval and grabs two daggers that look like short swords on maylof but he holds them inverted and swings a few times with them to get a handle on them. He is very happy and he watches as Roland struts his expertise with a heavy blade wishing he could do the same but he knows where his skills lie. Maylof drinks some whiskey but keeps some in his mouth with his flint and steel at the ready waiting for his turn. Giddy as can be when he sees his purch

Lynessa's eyes widen as she takes in the assortment of weapons in front of her. She steps forward and grabs a bow and a sheath of arrows as hers was with her stuff that she left with Juniper. She slid away from the group over to the archery target and let her first arrow fly, it hitting directly in the center of the target.

Elora smiled as the others settled into their various skills. Her skill set was much more suited to social situations and poisons. She watches as Altier walked over and joined Lynessa at the range. Taking his bow from his back and quiver off the wall. With a wink to his shooting companion he pulled the lever next to him on the wall. He sat for a moment, listening to the clicks and turns of gears, ropes and pulley’s. Suddenly the range came to life. Targets swung from the sealing and passed along the floor. Altier took a deep breath feeling his muscles tense as they prepared for the training to come. As he let the breath out his muscles released and he began. Timing his shots he watched as they sunk into the targets dead center. As the targets slowed Altier smiled at his handy work. All the targets has multiple arrows poking out of them like pin cushions.

gesturing to a couple of novice members of the monestary, roland sets his sword to the side, assuming a classics wrestlers pose. the apprentices approached him, struggling for the grapple. slipping behind one, roland links his hands around his waist, arching his back and throwing the man high over his head. roland turned, crouching slightly to meet the next man, breathing lightly, waitng for his move.

Selina smiled to herself as she unsheathed her long sword. She waved her hand over it and blue type of flame engulfed the sword. She then threw it towards a tree and it hit dead center in the trunk. The tree evaporated into a pile of dust which blew away with the wind. She grinned, satisfied with herself.

Maylof looks at Roland and Selina as they show their talents. He's impressed with their skills and Maylof then gets excited as he can now show off what he could do. He knodded with the whiskey in his mouth daggers in hand and flint at the ready , maylof then climbs to the Perch he spotted earlier and quickly climbs to it as he sees two dummies near one another so maylof dives down tword the closest dummy and daggers at the ready, he stabs the first dummy in the head and slits the throat and strikes the second blade against his flint creating sparks, maylof spits them whiskey at the sparks making almost a flamethrower as he catches the second dummy aflame. He then dives over and slices where their stomach open, then he walks away tossing the dagger up and down like a toy as he's impressed with what he's done. He then realizes he should probably put out the dummy that is now engulfed in flames, Whoops.

Lynessa watches Altier, awed at his accuracy with the moving targets. She nocks another arrow and begins to shoot at the moving targets as well. Her experience with hunting does her well as she hits every target, though not all of them in the center. Once she goes through her full sheath of arrows she steps back, eyes flicking around to the other council memebers. She rolls her eyes as she sees the halfling precariously on a branch while continuing to guzzle down whiskey.

A worried initiate comes running over to the party of people "training". He spots Roland, Elora, and Altier as panic spreads across his face. "Th-the training r-room is not t-to be used after s-sundown." He continually eyes the fighters, their weapons drawn. "M-master Anyuk has a-a policy...enforced b-by I-Ildir." He ran off after that, not wanting to be caught in the training room after hours.

Elora didn't let the initiates fear reach her, she simply turned to the others. “He is right, we should turn in for the night. We've got a big day ahead of us tomorrow.” To emphasize her point, Altier let out a yawn. With a quick dismissive wave of his hand he walked out of the training center. “If you'd like to follow me I can show you all to your rooms.” Elora spoke softly and with a smile. Once everyone was settled she returned to her own room. Climbing the various perches to the hammock that sat up near the ceiling. closing her eyes she drifted peacefully into sleep.

Gathering all of his belongings, Roland retires to his room. Putting everything back in its place, he kneels before the small alcove that houses his incense. Lighting it, he closes his eyes and breathes in deeply, attempting to calm his mind and go over the events of his day. Laying in bed, he slips into the colorful, unpredictable landscape that is his dreams.

Maylof, pleased with his training , is happy to go to bed. He thinks about if he might be able to as altier if he wants to train him a bit on the adventure they will be on and maybe visa versa. He also hopes that he won't wake up screaming again and takes a big swig of whiskey and changes into his pajamas and lays down and falls asleep , exited for this new adventure.

Lynessa returns her bow to the rack before following Elora to her room. She finds that her things have been placed there and she begins to settle into her room after being assured that her dragon is being well taken care of. She lays down to sleep, wary of being in a new place, with her large hunting knife on her pillow.

The following morning:
Anyuk had awoken well before dawn, feeling well rested and ready to send off the others. A few initiates had already begun the process of preparing the ship for the council's adventure. The monk went over the supplies, ensuring the necessary food, relevant currencies for each country, and various adventuring supplies were accounted for. Shortly after Anyuk had begun his morning preparations for the temple, Ildir appears at his side. "You did not sleep last night." The monk spoke softly to the deva, lighting the candles for the morning ceremony.

"I never sleep, I don't need it. But if you are implying I was occupied last night then yes, I was make preparations for our trip. You told me to cause some trouble, so trouble shall be caused." Ildir replied, a sly grin on his face.

Anyuk nodded, flipping pages in his tome for the ceremony. "Well, it's best you ensure they're all ready for the trip. Time is of the essence."

Ildir simply nodded and disappeared again, knocking on all of the other's doors to ensure they would be ready. Once he knocked on Selina's door he heard no response, so he let himself in. Only to find a note from the woman saying she had gotten cold feet and decided to head home. With a smirk he burned the paper in his fingers and went back to preparing for the journey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back