• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Tales of Vendillion (Closed)

Robertaka123

Elder Member
Within the world known as Vendillion there are many strange happenings, from the not so rare person born with special abilities, to the large crime syndicates that control more than their respective governments. There is not much room for the mundane, yet people still find ways to get bored with their life. Despite the dominance of the three Gods of this realm; Emeria, Ula, Cosi. There are even some who believe that a once believed to be mortal man has attained godhood and has amassed quite a large following. This has caused some turmoil within the divine pantheon of Vendillion, not above meddling with mortal affairs for their own gain.

The three gods have never gotten along, each claiming a country for themselves when creating the world. Ela'mora belongs to Emeria, the god of wisdom. Krul-Tahg belongs to Ula, the god of creativity. Vendat belongs to Cosi, the god of intelligence. These gods created very diverse cultures within their own countries, but all of them focusing on their patron's domain in their own ways.

rp map.jpg

Characters
OOC

Last edited:
Anyuk finished writing his letter, sealing it with his personal ring. Flipping it over he effortlessly drew a rune on the back for multiply. Seven letters now sat at his desk, scooping them up and placing them in a pocket inside his robe he left his office. Tapping a ring on his left middle finger, Anyuk waited for Ildir to answer the page. This was not the only ring Anyuk possessed that paged his students, there was one on his left pointer finger to contact the twins. He could easily summon them as well and hand them their letter but this was more formal.

Ildir appeared a few moments later, utilizing the various portal stones throughout the temple to bring him immediately to his master. "Yes master Anyuk?" The deva asked, bowing his head. "Walk with me, I'd like to explain a few things." Anyuk replied, continuing to walk down the hall and nod at passing students. The deva followed silently, taking in his masters words.

"This talk of a new god is causing a great disturbance in both the mortal and immortal planes... we need to unite the countries of the world and come up with a plan. I have some letters prepared that I'd like you to distribute to some people throughout Vendillion. Form a party that has the interests of each nation in mind, but we must work in the shadows. The political machines of this world would delay and filibuster each thing that doesn't exactly match their desires." Anyuk explained as he handed the letters to Ildir for delivery. Ildir immediately bowed and took his leave, preparing to deliver the letters.

Within a week all seven letters had been distributed. One to each of the twins under Anyuk's care. One to a resident knight. One to a storm knight in training. One to a high elf in Krul-Tahg. One to a halfling assassin. One to a human with a dragon affinity.

The letters each read:
"Dear recipient,
You have been selected to join Master Anyuk Vardian of the Order of the Mourning Sun. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is that of dire importance to the state of our mortal plane. The specifics cannot be discussed in a letter, just know that accepting this mission and joining us at the Mourning Sun temple will result in a very generous compensation for your efforts.
Hope to see you within the month,
Master Vardian."

Altier, in one swift movement, threw the water skin up into the air, notched an arrow, and drew back his bow. Hesitating only a brief moment before letting it fly, it sunk into its target and a splash of water came cascading down over his sister. She had been sitting so peacefully on the half wall, and it truly is her own fault for not noticing his approach. He smiled triumphantly but the feeling was soon taken over by fear and adrenaline as he looked up and noticed his sister barreling towards him. he turned on a heel and booked it down the path. Growing up the twins learned quickly how to maneuver through rough and obstacle ridden terrain and while Altier may be faster than Elora she was far more agile. He slid under fences while she effortlessly vaulted over them. The chase continued on into the compound. Altier darted through hallways, taking lefts and rights over and over in hopes of loosing his sister but she persisted. He risked one glance back to see her still on his tail and when he looked forward again he almost ran head first into Ildir, Master Anyuks right hand man.

Altier stopped dead in his tracks while Elora, who had yet to notice the presence of the Deva, took the opportunity to pounce onto his back. She slipped a dagger from its sheath and touched it to her brothers throat. Jumping off his back she exclaimed "DEAD! I win!" Altier cleared his throat. The Deva was unsettling. Altier knew he and his sister would do anything for Anyuk but Ildir seemed to take it a step further. "Hello Ildir, how are you today"

The Deva was always rather short with twins he muttered a quick "Im well, thank you" Before handing them both a letter. One with Anyuks seal oddly enough. The twins exchanged a look before turning back to Ildir, who was already walking away. After reading the letters they set out to find Anyuk, it was odd for him to send a letter when he could have merely summoned them.

Roland drew in a deep breath, holding it for a time before slowing releasing it, feeling the tight knot in his stomach loosen slightly. He looked from his vantage point on the top of the hill that overlooked the town that had been home to his most recent contract, scanning the houses and temples. With the demon who had been lurking in the nearby woods slain, and the village people safe again, Roland's duty here was finished. Armor clinking slightly as Roland rose from his kneeling position, he sensed someone watching him. He spoke in his deep, grave voice without looking "good morning Ildir. To what pleasure do I owe this visit?". He turned to look at the Deva, slightly unnerved as always when dealing with him. He had no clue what his mentor Anyuk had done to earn such die hard loyalty from the strange celestial being, and wasn't sure he wanted to. Ilrid nodded to him solemnly, handing him a letter and saying simply "The master wishes for your company, at speed." Roland took the letter, noting Anyuks distinctive crest on the envelope. He scanned the letter quickly before thanking Ilrid. Taking one last look at this peaceful town, he turned and began his trek to the dusty halls of the monestary in which he was raised.

Selina closed the final chapter to her latest book and smiled to herself. "Ah Knowledge." she said looking down to Lulu who was gazing up at her from the floor. Selina stood from her chair and walked over to one of her many bookcases she had in her home. She placed the book back in its proper position and grazed her fingers over the spines of the others. "Which one should I read now Lulu?" she asked the beast. Before Lulu could respond there was a knock at the door. Selina, with a curious glint in her eyes, asked "I wonder who that could be."

She walked over to the door and opened it to reveal Ildir. He was the right hand man to an old friend of Selina's. A man named Anyuk. "Ildir! To what do I owe the pleasure of such a visit." she said with a kind smile. She gestured for him to enter and he entered bowing his head to thank her. "Would you like some Tea? You look famished." she said to him. He shook his head "No thank you Madam, my master sent me on an urgent mission." he said holding out a letter to Selina. She took it and recognized Anyuk's signature seal that held it shut. "Thank you Ildir, but I insist you take some tea for the road." she said handing him a small jug filled with tea. "Thank you Madam. Good day." he said bowing his head and then leaving.

Selina peeled the seal off of the letter and read its contents. She glanced down at Lulu who was almost as curious as she had been. "Anyuk has summoned me. He needs help." Selina said to her companion. " Are you up for an adventure?" she smiled down to Lulu who seemed excited to be leaving the house. Selina packed her items that she would need for the journey and then she, as well as Lulu, set out to meet Anyuk.

Maylof had just completed one of the hardest assassinations yet, to kill a duke of a land. This mission took a month of planning and multiple trips to the duke's home, but finally he had completed it without a single guard noticing and not even the duke's wife who lay in the same bed had noticed. Thank the gods for fast acting poison. Maylof heads back to his tiny house on the outskirts of town and starts to open his daily bottle of whiskey looking over at the pile stacked up with pride on his face and shame in his eyes. After becoming intoxicated he began to sing songs that his mother used to sing while they would be working around the house,he fills in the dukes name into his black book amongst the many other names, Maylof then breaks down in his shack and cry's thinking how his parents would react to how he is now. Maylof takes another swig and crawls into bed as he has on many nights before, drunk as can be.

Malof awoke in the morning to find yet another bottle empty on the floor , he adds to his stack of empty bottles being up in the 30's and taking up a good section of his wall. Maylof sighs looking at this wall of sadness he had created over the past month.He walks around cleaning up around his mess of a house and mutters to himself " geez, thanks drunk Maylof". As he cleaned he hears a knock at the door thinking that he wasn't expecting company until 2 days from now to have dinner. He answers the door to see a younger fellow a little taller than him with a bit of an urgent look on his face. Maylof greets the boy and offers some food and whiskey, the boy declined and presented a letter saying it was of the utmost importance and it would explain everything Maylof needed to know. He shook his head and thanked the boy and offered some more food and the boy declined again, Maylof shook the boy's hand and said “ Oh, by the way I am Maylof Liberious. I didn't quite catch your name.” as the boy begins on the next length of his journey he exclaims “I am Anyuk’s best student, I am Ildir.” Maylof yells to the boy “ safe travels Ildir, Hope to meet you again one day”

Maylof opens the letter with a particularly beautiful seal that seems oddly familiar to him,maybe from one of his thieving jobs from when he was younger. He read the parchment allowed as he paces around the room getting increasingly excited and proud as he read it, after having read the letter he looked at his almost wall of whiskey bottles and decided he would agree to Anyuk’s offer. He grabs all of his assassins gear and a small bottle of whiskey and adventures off to the Morning Sun temple and gleefully heading towards a new direction.Maylof knows that his parents would agree with this decision, however in the back of his mind Maylof knows what his true goal still is. To hopefully find jim amongst the travels and to finally kill the basterd.

Lynessa was currently staying in a Tavern on the outskirts of Vendat. She left the cave a few years ago with the original intent of finding her parents. With no real success she had given up and was now seeking knowledge and attempting to get control over her magic as well as get used to living amongst people again.

On this particular evening Lynessa was in the tavern eating supper while Juniper was outside resting and hunting. Involved in her dinner Lynessa didn't hear anyone approach her until they cleared their throat and tapped on her shoulder. She jumped up out of her seat and her hand immediately going towards her hunting knife that rested on her hip. She sensed some of the power that oozed out of the young man in front of her and her lip curled up in discomfort and disgust. "What do you want?" She growled at him.

He gave her a wary look before speaking gruffly. "Anyuk sent me to do deliver this to you." He hands her and envelope with an intricate seal on the back. She focuses her attention on the seal, recognizing it from readings and other things she found on her travels. Once she looks up the young man has left and she realized she never caught his name. She shrugs and begins to read.

After finishes she decides that she and Juniper with make the journey to Mourning Sun. While she wasn't much for being told what to do or joining groups she really had nothing better to do.

After Ildir left, Anyuk set to preparing for the group's arrival. Having students move the twins rooms to the private quarters from the student dormitories. Relocating Roland's armory and dorm to the private quarters as well. Four more rooms were set up as well, along with extra space made in the stables for any "companions" the party may bring.

Upon Ildir's return, he was shocked about the rooming. "What has happened? The masters private section is only for those of the most elite standings. I should be the only one there!" He screamed at a young initiate, who only whimpered and ran off in response.

Anyuk was out meditating in his personal garden when the twins arrived first. "I apologize for the formalities, I simply thought you deserved the same respect as everyone else." He said, sensing their arrival. "Your rooms have been..." Anyuk paused, Ildir appearing on the roof in front of Anyuk. "Relocated." He continued, shaking his head at Ildir.

Altier’s face struck with something that resembled both pain and fear as he placed a hand over his throat. He had placed it on his pillow earlier this morning before going to training. Anyuk nodded at him, eyes still closed, and Altier calmed.

“Relocated to where?” Elora questioned. Placing a hand on her brother's arm to calm him. She understood the importance of the pendant. She also knew that anyone who dared touch it without direct permission was hoping for an arrow lodged into their throat.

“What are we to do now master?” Elora questioned in succession, not necessarily waiting for a response to her first question. She knew it was rude but so many questions swirled in her, and undoubtedly Altier’s, minds.

Roland crested the last hill, breathing lightly from his brisk walk. He'd stopped only briefly over the last couple days, knowing anything that warranted a letter from anyuk and delivered by Ilrid was indeed something that merited haste. Entering the temple he immediately traced the familiar path to his masters quarters, tilting his large claymore off the stone steps to prevent any unnessasary noise in the quiet, dusty halls. Coming into the courtyard, he first nodded at the twins respectfully, unsurprised to see them. He knelt reverently at his masters feet, inclining his head and murmuring a greeting before stepping back, a hand on the hilt of his claymore, silent as stone. He learned over his years with anyuk questions meant little, it was better to wait until he was spoken to.

Selina finally reached the temple with Lulu faithfully at her side. She gave her valiant companion a drink of water from her jug that hung from her waist. "Lets do this." she said with a serious look on her face before entering the temple.

She made her way to the garden where Anyuk was currently meditating. She saw the twins Altier and Elora, whom she had met before, as well as the brute Roland who she didn't really get on well with. She bowed her head to them and then walked over to Anyuk and embraced him in a hug. "How nice to see you again my friend." she said before taking her place with the others. Lulu stood silent at her side.

Last edited:
As Maylof started on the first leg of his venture to the morning sun monetarist with a kick in his step and a longing for adventure. cancelling all jobs he had and any appointments made such as dinner with the wood elfs , as he walked through his town telling all his friends along the way that he was off to help change the world. Many of his friends gave him words of encouragement and some going as far as giving him food for his travels. He knew this was an important thing he had to do and was excited to do what he felt was right by his parents. Each place he stopped and each tavern however he would always ask about the half orc jim mostly to no avail however when he stopped at the last tavern he was told that jim was seen at the tavern but it was weeks prior with 2 dragon born who didn't speak much who accompanied him. Maylof arrived at the monetarist after much travel to excitedly run in to greet anyuk as he slipped and fell face first into the ground, embarrassed he gets up to greet all that arrived,seeing playful twins, a warrior with beautiful armor , a girl who looked as if she had grown up in the woods, and anyuk. Maylof being so over excited yells a greeting to everyone declaring " HELLO I AM MAYLOF LIBERIOUS, I AM AN ASSASSIN, BUT I SWEAR I AM FRIENDLY. I AM SO EXCITED TO HAVE BEEN CHOSEN TO HELP YOU ON YOUR QUEST" Most everyone gives him a questioned look but maylof just looks back grinning ear to ear. He had finally arrived.

Lynessa had taken the first bit of her journey to as around about Anyuk and came to realize that the unnerving young man who delivered her leter must have been his favored student Ildir. After obtaining what she believed was a reasonable amount of information she travled to the monestary on the back of Juniper.

When she arrived she skeptically handed off her dragon to a young student who offered to put her into the stables, despite Junipers very vocal distaste to the idea. She made her way into the monestary, skeptically looking around. She made her way to a large room where she found a halfling, an elf, an aloof warrior, a set of twins, and a stately looking gentleman who gave off an aura of wisdom.

She gave an awkward curtsey to Anyuk. "I'm Lynessa, though I'm sure you are aware of that as you summoned me here." She then gave a curt nod to each of the others gathered there, quickly deciding she wasnt fond of them. The halfling and the elf seemed far to happy, the warrior far to aloof and the twins seemed cold. Anyuk gave off a wise aura but she was far from trusting him.

Anyuk shot a look at Ildir to hold off, knowing he meant well but was just over protective. The deva remained on the roof as people entered the garden and it quickly became crowded. Anyuk ignored Elora's questions, as they would have all been answered soon enough.

Upon Roland's entry, Anyuk told him he had been relocated to the private quarters in the same hall as the others.

When Selina came in, hugging Anyuk even as he was sitting and meditating he managed a half smile. "Yes, hello there. I see you brought Lulu out here...and not to the stables like the students were told to...." he trailed off, shaking his head.

As he was standing up, Maylof entered and yelled at them all. Anyuk merely shook his head and shot a look at Ildir as if to say "this is the group you chose?". The deva remained patrolling the roof, ready to react should anyone try anything. "I...welcome you halfling. To the order of the Mourning Sun."

He had merely finished when Lynessa walked in, stating her presence. "Ah, that makes six of you...appears that is all for today. Well I suppose someone has to decline my offer. Ildir, you'll take their place for now." The deva grudgingly jumped down to the garden, next to his master.

"I'm sure you all would like to know why I have summoned you. It is in regards to the news of a new god that has been spreading across the land. I would like you seven to act as the council with me that decides how to handle this corruption of divine power. So, I merely ask you all to join in an open and productive discussion on how we should handle these happenings." Anyuk told the group, standing up from his meditation to walk away and let the group discuss.

Ildir voiced his opinion first, seeming very passionate about dealing with the new God. "I say, as representative of the most powerful Order in the land, that we find out as much information about this being and then proceed to let it be."

Incredulous, Roland stared at Ilrid for a moment, slightly dumbstruck. Pulling himself together he spoke as politely as possible, saying slowly,

"I dont mean to disregard your wisdom Ilrid, but if anyuk had wanted this new god left alone and just wanted information, why would he have gathered us all here instead of just sending you? I feel we should gather information, and based off what we find, strike down this new god before it becomes to powerful. We already have enough gods fighting over everything. Frankly, I dont need another."

Selina looked at Ildir and shook her head. She opened her mouth to speak but before she had the chance Roland spoke up. For once she actually thought something he said made sense. "I agree with Roland, If he had simply wanted us to leave this god alone he could have simply put you in charge of the task instead of asking all of us to come all the way here, However I say we look deeper into this New God to see if they pose a potential threat to Vendillion before we charge this head on."

Maylof looked around ,impressed with the monistary, he looks to Ilrid and seems happy to see a firmiliar face amongst all these seemingly foreign faces. He asks"So is there a reason why you got this particular band of people together ?" As he surveys the area looking for good places to stay and watch for any attacks in case a fight breaks out.

“The others raise many good questions, Ilrid.” Elora stated, surveying the other members of the new found party. “Why gather a group of, rather obvious, fighters if you want to aid in this new gods rise to prominence?” Altier stayed back, not fully joining in the group and certainly not in the discussion. He had his own opinions of how they should go about this situation but he also knew that if she saw fit his sister would voice them.

He kept an eye on the halfling who seemed spastic and jumpy, his eyes kept darting around, his head snapping side to side. No doubt looking for easy exits and hiding spots. He couldn't necessarily blame him Altier usually did the same in new environments. Altier also noticed the odd tension between the high Elf and the Human. The way she spoke of him seemed rather cold and distant, even by his own standards.

Lynessa's eyes rolled as the halfling asked a question that had just been answered by Anyuk. She was raised in a cave and even she knew to listen when an elder spoke. She chewed her lip for a few moments, debating on whether or not to imput her opinion.

"I'm going to have to agree with the majority here. The conflict over this very Island shows that our 3 countries and respective Gods already struggle to survive along side one another. Adding a 4th to the mix will cause chaos. We need to find and end it before it becomes a real issue." Her eyes darted around the room and she crossed her arms over her chest, reading everyones expressions as she spoke.

Anyuk remained silent, watching carefully from a corner. He knew better than to voice his opinion on the matter as it would sway four of the member's opinions guaranteed.

Ildir shook his head, regaining his cool before he exploded in front of his master. "That is the issue, there are three gods and countries. If we unite under one then all the useless bickering and petty arguments would cease. People could focus on their lives and not worry about war, or poverty, or which country they should have been born in." He paused for a second, turning and pointing at Anyuk. "Look at what happens when we unite under one man's teachings. Now imagine this temple, but on a global scale." Ildir walked towards the three outsiders of the temple. "In my travels I've met the followers of his god, and while I myself am not one...I'm sure you have met them before. They have a certain...aura around them. They're at ease with the world. You can't tell me that's bad." Taking a breath he looked to Elora. "I know I am not nearly as wise and knowledgeable as Master Anyuk, nor may I ever be. But perhaps the assembling of a group of fighters is to combat the current gods. I believe it is time for some change." He finished with a sigh, hoping his point hit home.

Elora was taken back by his last comment, and could feel her brother tense up at her side. “Are you saying you want to fight and try to kill three gods? That's a suicide mission!” She took a deep breath. She trusted Anyuk and he seemed to trust Ilrid so she would as well. “What must we do to help this god rise to power? Whatever it is Altier and I are in.” She stared simply. Altier giving an agreeing nod.

Selina could not believe what she was hearing and from Ildir of all people. "If I might be so kind as to put in the fact that They are 3 mighty and very powerful gods that have more wisdom than all of us put together! This is a crazy operation." She glanced over to Anyuk who seemed to be watching each of them carefully. Clearly he had something of far greater importance in his thoughts. "However since Anyuk trusts you the most I shall grant you both mine and Lulu's help on this crazy suicide mission."

Silently taking all of the arguments in, Roland heard all there was to say from his compatriots. Stepping forward, he spoke in a deep, slow speech, puting power behind his words.
" EVERYONE. If I may." Looking around, he gauged everyone's face.

" while it is true that these gods are powerful, and we have no hope to defeat them by ourselves, but what you all forget is that we have a powerful ally here ourselves". At this he nodded to anyuk

"Personally, I'm sick of watching the gods destroy our lives and lands. I'll stand up to the gods with anyuk and Ilrid, and I'll give my life to defend these people"

Last edited:
Maylof , after realizing the magnitude of the situation tries to calm down and sneaks a little sip of whiskey and takes all that has been said in and thinks about how each person feels and is slightly scared of the human who speaks with the voice of a mountain. He agrees with Roland and nods. "I agree with Roland and I believe in the wisdom that annul and Ilrid. All of our powers together we can conquer this suicide mission... and I don't know about the rest of you but I'd rather die by fighting the gods instead of doing nothing and to die with the world." Maylof then claps his hands behind his back and nods at Roland and anyuk

Lynessa looks around, baffled as those around her speak. "This is absolute insanity. How did we go from stopping the rise of a potential God to killing the 3 Gods who actually exist? And just because Ildrid suggested this mad suicide plot does not mean Anyuk is behind it. And even if you manage to kill all 3 Gods what about all of their followers? There will be a rebellion. None of you are thinking this through and quite frankly there is no way in Hell I'm going to help."

She turns to Anyuk and gives him a slight curtsey. "All due respect sir but I cannot get behind this."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back