• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Tales of Vendillion (Closed)

Elora was once again concerned but for an entirely different reason this time. “What time in the morning did you plan on leaving exactly?” While her brother was on a strict regiment of morning workouts, eating healthy and getting up at the Ass crack of dawn she was not. She was more of an up all night sleep all day kind of girl. “Any earlier than 10 and I might as well sleep on the ship” she half mumbled to herself half spoke out loud, it earned a laugh from her brother but with a swift elbow he was quieted quickly.

Selina thought to herself for a moment before turning to Ildir and responding "I'm prepared to leave early in the morning, so long as everyone else is fine with it, count me in." Lulu grunted in agreement.

Maylof looks at his bottle of whiskey as it reaches twords the bottom and thinks of the last tavern he was in before stopping here but it was a slight blur to him.He speaks to the group " I am ready whenever you need me but ,does anyone know where a halfling could get arrows and some whiskey ? I would like something to calm me as we ride on the seas." He taps his bottle on his sheath for his dagger to the melody of one of his favorite drinking songs as he hums the tune.

Lynessa cringes a bit at the thought of not only leaving early but being around Selina who she knew would be a morning person. "I need to transport Juniper and Im sure she wont fit comfortably om the ship." She had noted Elora's alarmed expression at the idea of leaving early. "Because of her speed, as Im sure shes faster than a boat, we can leave later. Elora, if you would like you can ride with me."

Roland straightens out of his chair, rolling his shoulders and neck.

"I'm usually up at dawn for a workout anyhow, so I'm off for dinner and a run. I'll see you all in the morning, and I wish us all luck on our adventure"

Anyuk turned to leave his garden, preparing to move on to other work. "All the supplies you will need shall be packed for you by dawn...including your damned devil water. Might I suggest you spend tonight getting to know each other?" He called back behind him as he disappeared down the hall.

Ildir waited patiently for his master to be out of ear shot before speaking again. "Perhaps we should take this remaining daylight and put it to use..." He said with a grin growing across his face. The twins would know well what was in store, as Ildir had begun to take on some classes of his own. And his training was...unorthodox yet effective. He was an unhealthily dedicated fan of tournaments, particularly of the fighting kind. Every move he made on his jobs as a shadowmage had to be pre-calculated days ahead, and this was a chance to exercise his quick thinking. "If we are going to stay as a group, then perhaps we should assign everyone their best suited role. And what better way to decide than a competition?" He continued, face bright with excitement.

Elora felt her palms grow sweaty and Altier went tense. They both knew of Ildir’s tournaments and they were brutal, especially for Elora. She was a talker not a fighter. A strategist, a charmer, a distraction and a ruse. Never the one to draw blood.

“Perhaps it would be best if I sat this one out, Ildri, you and I both know my strengths lie not on the battlefield but rather in more formal settings.” Elora hoped that he would bite. He knew full well she wasn't a fighter but he had been growing tough on her. Making her participate in the barbaric tournaments more and more. But that could also play to her favor, it could perhaps allow her a break.

Roland accepted Ilrids idea silently. He knew Ilrid, and knew his unhealthy fascination with his brutal blood sports. They were in no way a challenge for roland, but he felt concern for Elora and Altier. Elora was not one for the rigors of combat, and while Altier was more then competent, he would be a wreck without his twin sister. The small, chipper halfling was obviously not in the sober state of mind required for Ilrids rigorous testing. Roland had the feeling that the two other females could probably hold their own in the ring, but felt bad subjecting strangers to the pain and stress the testing induced.
Stepping forward, he spoke to Ilrid.
"Come now, is the night before our journey really the time for this? Sending us out in the condition this will leave us, you may as well kill us yourself. If you need to see some blood, I'll step in the ring, but we all know who should be in what position in this group. Anyuk gathered us with specific jobs in mind."

Selina didn't mind the idea of stepping onto the battlefield. She could show off her skills in magic. She glanced over at Roland who looked as if he was debating the idea and a sly smile crossed her face. She could also showcase how she outwits her opponent with her vast knowledge and methods of persuasion, namely him, however Selina didn't let these tempting thoughts get in her way of the mission. There will be a right time and place to show everyone just how powerful she is. "Ildir if I may, I think I'm going to take Anyuk's advice and get to know everyone here. Surely there was a reason we were all chosen to come. And besides we are not each other's targets. We must work together as a team rather than against each other, and just think of what we could do if we save up our strength for the real task at hand rather than waste it on silly antics such as this." Selina looked over to Lynessa who seemed to be rolling her eyes at the words she spoke. Not sure what to make of this she said "I won't fight unless it is absolutely necessary."

Maylof was terrified of the thought of a battle or duel, especially with this group, where his expertise are in the art of sneaking and killing quick with barley any streangth needed. Maylof didn't want to be squished into a jam by Roland but he also didn't want to be the cause of his death as he would be poisoned from any strike of mine, this would be a bad time to go from 7 to 5 people in the matter of a duel that doesn't need to happen. Maylof with a super concerned look to Ilrid says " as entertaining as something like this may be for some of us I am with Salina and anyuk on this one, we should take this time to get to know each other and besides everyone in this council is a trustworthy so we should be able to talk about how we each have our own skills to bring to the table. And besides not all of us are pure physical combat driven, or have magic to use. " gesturing to Roland and Selina "Atleast speaking on my behalf I am meant to poison, sneak, and leave or set up traps, in an out right battle all i would have is my Witt, a poisonous dagger and my whiskey. So lets just talk and swap stories for the time being and then we shall leave in the morning." Maylof starts to walk twords the monistary as he speaks on his behalf and reaches it by the time he stops speaking and gestures for people to join him in the monistary.

"Im honestly perplexed that you suggested such a stupid idea and that you thought we would be on board with risking our health before a journey." Lynessa is baffled as she speaks, not holding back her disgust with Ilrid and losing all the finess she had attempted to speak with earlier.

"I agree with everyone else. Our time would be best spent resting and acquainting ourselves with one another as we will be spending a lot of time together."

Ildir was taken aback by the stupidity of the group, these people act like they've known each other for years. "Are you kidding me?" He had a hard time controlling his anger, when Anyuk is not around especially. "You don't know each other, I am merely aware of you and that's why I chose you. We've got many people with similar abilities here and should establish a structured line of command. Everyone would run off on their own if we left it open, people need to be held responsible for their actions." Inhaling deeply he shook his head, looking to the female raised by a dragon. "Once again, you speak of things that you are not aware of." With a careful walk he began to lurk towards her, death in his eyes. "You were raised in a cave, you forgot the world and lived your happy life sheltered by an immensely powerful elemental being." Standing right next to her he whispered into her ear. "But I'm sure you know that a fight is exactly what you want, something to finally push you and prove you're not the sheltered little girl the world believes you are." Taking a step back he once again addressed the group. "We are all proficient fighters, that's a given since we are here. We all should know how to not kill someone, I'd hope you're that competent." Ildir eyed the halfling as he finished that statement. "The healing Anyuk and I possess are more than enough to end any wounds you might sustain during this. It is simply the best and fastest way to get a feel for each other's abilities. Make sense?" The red began to leave his face, feeling his anger leave as he felt his point get across.

Selina still wasn't convinced of Ildir's argument. He was allowed to express his opinion just as much as the next person. But Selina began to realize Ildir was more bloodthirsty than he seemed. She collected herself and in a calm tone she said "I still think we should use this time to get to know each other rather than fight each other. I know you believe that it is the best way to see our abilities first hand but it's my opinion that we were chosen because of the abilities we possess. Isn't that in itself proof enough of our strength? And I'd sure like to take this time to build trust with these people rather than hurt them..." She trailed off looking towards Ildir. "I don't care how strong your healing magic is, like I stated prior, I won't fight unless necessary and that goes for Lulu too."

Maylof receiving the glare from Ilrid was slightly unnerving, he brushes it off but keeps this in mind and says " well again I agree with selina and think that we should all get to know echother as people before we get to know eachother as fighters. Personally I'm interested in the twins and Roland personally and their story , I can tell by looking at them that the twins are fast an agile and could do some serious damage without someone knowing what has h append and Roland is a knight trained in swords and various wepons but I want to know them as people. And besides the closer we are as a group the better we will be at predicting what everyone will do and how they react" he looks over to Roland and the twins and then nods to Ilrid who seems to be still angered with everyone going against his idea. Maylof hopes this will subside soon and wants to find out everyone's story especially his drinking buddy and Roland.

Lynessa tenses as Ilrid approaches her, sucking in a deep breath. As he whispers in her ear her lip curls up in disgust, but she knows he is correct. She has been dying to prove herself since showing up, the desire increasing with every snide comment and jab that Ilrid threw her way.

After he stepped away and addressed the group she remained tense, standing completely upright and stoic. She crossed her arms over her body as Selina and Maylof continued to argue with the Deva. She bites her tongue and listens, allowing the group to make the decision without her as to not appear to eager or too weak.

Roland looks around, trying to gauge the room around him. Making a decision, he steps to Ilrid. The mysterious man had always been just another part of the monestary, someone to be respected as an advisor to Anyuk. But Roland was starting to find Ilrids excitment at pain, anger, and fighting suspicious and a little distasteful.

"Listen Ilrid. You may have been responsible for gathering us, but you are not ultimately in charge. Nobody has agreeded on a leader for this group, and its not within your right to just assume the mantle. Everyone has their own skill set, and we'll figure it out on our own. And we'll decide things for ourselves."

Ildir's rage cooled into an icy focus, closing his eyes to regain himself for a moment. "Alright, I guess I forgot you mor-" He caught himself at the last moment, shaking his head. The blades kept wrapped around his wrist began to unravel themselves as he spoke. "You all wish to head over seas with tavern tales as the only background for each other. So be it. I however will not be wasting my time with one sided stories told to boost one's ego. But if this is the 'best' way the council sees to get to know each other, then have fun with your autobiographies. I'm sure they'll hit all the bases." With a flick of his wrist the blades went soaring onto the other side of the roof and began to pull Ildir up with them. "It's getting time for master's tea anyway. I'll meet you all at dawn aboard the ship." And with that he disappeared on the roof.

“Always so dramatic.” Altier scoffed lowly, low enough that only the halfling and his sister could hear. Trying to not crack a smile as she addressed everyone. “So how would we like to proceed? We can all go to the training arena, display our skills in a friendlier environment while we tell our stories or we could go down to the bonfire pits used for ceremonies, in sure they wouldn't mind an impromptu fire.” She wasn't sure how the others would want to proceed.

cracking one of he very very rare smiles, roland inclines his head to elora. "i say we go to the training arena. we dont need to force ourselves through needless pain, but a little friendly competition is always the fastest and most accurate way to get to know someone. also, ive got a couple bottles of liquid fun in my room we could break open after dinner tonight." he added, tipping a wink at Altier and Maylof

Selina rolled her eyes at the men and their drinking ways. "I don't mind going to the arena so we can all show our various skills. However I also don't mind the idea of a bonfire. I'm on board with whatever you guys decide." She said reaching down to pet the top of Lulu's head.

Lynessa leans against a nearby tree, relaxing from her interaction from Ilrid. "I wouldn't mind going to the training arena. I need some space to work out some energy." She doesnt look up as she speaks, focusing intently on her hand as flames begin to dance across her hand, a smile spreading across her face.

Anyuk had since retired to his private quarters, having already dismissed students to prepare the necessities for the council's trip. Sitting back in his chair he paused his work, transcribing a new textbook for the more obscure runes. With a sigh he looked over to the corner of a room. "Must you always do this? The door exists for a reason." From the shadows emerged Ildir, his face calm and still.

"I simply did not want to disturb you master." The deva spoke quietly, walking to stand next to the monk. "This council...I do not wish to over step my place. But it would appear that they do not grasp the severity of this mission."

Anyuk shrugged, continuing his work. "I am simply here to aid the council that you chose. If they require more direct guidance they know where to look."

"But Master, you of all people should know that pride poisons numerous minds."

"It is a poison that if it has taken hold, can only be cured by the person itself. But alas, I would like you to keep an eye on them. Perhaps...causing some trouble as your other self...and then being there to stop it might be in order?"

Ildir simply grinned with glee, disappearing back into the shadows to begin a devious plan.

Maylof smiles at the idea of drinking and showing off his skills finally. " I would love to go to the training area. this sounds amazing to me." Maylof begins to get super excited. "I think we all agree , lets go on down and have some fun"

Elora lead the way through the compound. The training area was rather elaborate. There was equipment and set ups for all fighting styles. Altier maneuvers himself to the top of a monkey bar set, it looked harmless enough but the hidden contraptions in the walls threw a barrage of projectiles at you as you tried to cross. He watched as the others filed into the area. The half indoors half outdoor training center was Altiers favorite place here, while his sister was much more at home in either the old dusty library or the potions room. Both of the twins felt a pang of excitement for a multitude of reasons. They get to interact with these new people, see their abilities and show off their own. Tonight would be interesting.

roland felt his back and shoulder muscles relax as he walked into the training grounds, instantly relaxing. this was where he felt the most relaxed, and working out always helped to clear his mind. shedding his armor, roland hung it on a hook on the wall. drawing his sword, he settled into his ready position, closing his eyes and breathing deeply before starting to flow through his various moves and poses, his sword flashing and spinning in his hands almost semmingly of it own accord.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back