• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Tales of Vendillion (Closed)

Anyuk turned to the girl who addressed him, smiling faintly. "This is not my decision to make, that is why I have summoned you all here to act as a council. Whatever decision you all agree is best for the world is the one I shall support."

Ilrid stepped towards Lynessa, surveying the only person who did not support his plan. "You... grew up alone in the woods. What would you know of the followers of these gods. Their people starve, and die every day yet they watch idly and use them as pawns in their petty games. Not that someone who was taken under by a god damn fire breathing sky snake would understand the struggles of man." With a swift turn he faces Anyuk. "Six of the seven present members agree, shall we proceed?"

Anyuk shook his head. "The vote must be unanimous."

Elora stood there for a moment taking in Anyuks words. She fought internally on whether she should try to sway the dragon girls opinion. She couldnt get a feel of the willpower of the other girl and after more consideration she felt it wouldn't be the best foot forward after meeting someone for the first time, especially one she'd have to travel with, then again it would speed up the inevitable. As usual her brother sat to the side mute like a god damn log. She was about to speak but Altier grabbed her arm, giving a quick shake of his head, he always knew what she had planned on doing, it was annoying. So Elora bit her lip and stepped back, allowing the others to discus it further. She gave her brother a look to say I will end this if they cant agree. but for the time being she said nothing

Roland cursed to himself silently, already getting frustrated with the course of events this meeting was taking. He knew anyuk would provide no help, as he believed in self reliance. The slim blonde one named Elora seemed to share his feelings on how to go about this. The others seemed swayed to him as well, but the dragon girl was proving to be quite difficult. Not surprising, be raised by such a tricky, deceptive beast. He gathered his wits about him, speaking directly to Lynessa.

"Ilrid is right. I've traveled amongst the people, I've seen the pain, the anger, the violence and the disease that ravages the lands governed by the gods. I've hunted down beasts that slaughtered hundreds, unchecked by the gods, who were too busy squabbling amongst themselves. They've been poor custodians to their lands, and deserve to be uprooted."

Selina turned to Ildir, after hearing his outburst, and replied in a soft tone, "Ildir I don't believe bringing up the fact that she wasn't raised with humans is at all relevant to what we are discussing. She too has obviously had her own trials much like the rest of us and I believe that attacking her based on the way she was raised will not get her to join us." she then turned to Lynessa and said "Child, we simply want to better our land for the good of everyone. And taking out the gods seems to be the only option, as they are the source of all this madness. I know it seems scary to take on 3 gods, as we are only 7 people, but we all have something to bring to the table that will ensure our quest is a successful one. And as Anyuk stated earlier, the vote must be unanimous." She then turned to Anyuk, "He must have his own opinion on this but he is trusting us." she then turned back to Lynessa, "And we could sure use your help."

Maylof, taken back by the brash reaction from lynessa, thinks to himself how we are all ok with this venture except for her. He thinks as to why this can be but can see no clear answer. Maylof speaks , attempting to see if he can sway the opinion of this rather rough skinned lady. "Excuse me lynessa, however most of us are convinced that the right thing to do is to take on this rather difficult quest that we may have however what alternative do we have. You are against the one play we presently have however you haven't presented any other options, so do you have any alternate plans that can seem more safe and successful than the one Ilrid has presented? We do need a unanimous vote after all." Maylof looking to anyone else to see if they had any answers to his query.

Lynessa takes a deep breath before addressing the 4 people questioning her and the 2 who watched judgmentally. "What happened to the original idea of collecting information? We've gone from learning more about this possible God to destroying the 3 existing Gods with minimal prompting from our friend here." As she speaks she gestures to Ilrid, illustrating her final point.

"We have no idea what this new God is like, his intentions, powers, origins, nothing. We could be trading out 3 corrupt Gods for 1 that is worse and has all the power. If we can collect information and it seems like this is the best, safest, and most thought through options then I will consider getting on board. Until then I am unwilling to trade out our current evil for something that could be worse." Once she finishes her eyes dart around, gauging the reactions of the others in the group.

Last edited:
Anyuk had begin looking through the various flowers that decorated his garden, patiently awaiting the council's official response. There was a particularly colorful lily that caught his attention. With a swift flick of his wrist he broke the stem near the roots. With a finger nail he scratched a simple rune into it for "preserve" so that the flower would last.

Ilrid sighed, seeing the dragon girl was not going to get on board as easily as the others. "We already know that this god does to his people, but I understand someone like yourself would not be perceptive enough to grasp that on your travels here." Shaking his head he addressed the whole group. "So, are we at least in agreement that we should gather information and then decide what to do?"

Growing ever more irritated with the situation, Roland speaks up again, letting his anger and frustration show through.
"STOP. EVERYONE LISTEN, PLEASE."

taking a deep breath, Roland looks at everyone, including anyuk.

"We all obviously have different plans on what we need to do here. So why fight constantly? I say we split. Some of us could research this new god, and some of us could confront the gods that already exsist."

Selina rolled her eyes at the sudden outburst from Roland, already regretting that she had agreed with him earlier. "The reason we were all brought here is so we could work together, if we split up that would defeat the purpose of this entire meeting. I say that if we are going to do something we should do it all together." she stared at Roland shooting daggers at him with her eyes, "Despite the fact that SOME of us don't like teamwork."

Maylof being frightened from Roland's anger, nods in agreement with Selina. "Well I think Lynessa actually has a point, because if we research the gods themselves not only will we be better attuned to one another as a council but we will also know the best way to go about defeating them. So I think this will benefit both parties , those who want to reasearch before doing anything rash and those who wish to kill the gods out right because we can find their true weaknesses and learn how to kill a god. So as a group we should all do reasearch on the gods , and maybe for the gods of each persons select region they could lead the group being that they would know the area." Maylof getting confident in the group stands with pride even though he was up to most everyone's stomach or chest. He also thinks about how amazing it would be to have a gods name in his book, almost as much as killing Jim. I hope youre proud mom and dad.He takes another sip of whiskey as nerves from the memory seep back into his mind.

Lynessa's lips curve up in a smirk as Selina calls Roland out for his lack of teamwork. "Are we in agreement then, to research thoroughly before making any rash decisions?" She asks, far more willing to go along with the plan now that their decisions were going to follow some logical reasoning.

"Anyuk, where would you suggest we start as far as gathering information?"

While Roland's anger didn't necessarily shock the twins his words did, enough to get Altier to scoff. Altier had checked out of the conversation for the most part knowing his sister would make the right decision for them both but he had caught the knight's words and he was taken back. He gestured to the halfling in hopes he'd share the whiskey he'd been drinking as it appeared Altier would need it to make it through this discussion alone.

Elora was a little less discrete than her brother but she was happy that she had mind enough to stop herself from immediately responding to the pure stupidity that was the knight's suggestion. It was a suicide mission with the entire group on bored what did he think would happen if they split?! “As it appears the ladies of the group have our best interest in mind.” She spoke calmly, giving a smile to the other two as she spoke. “Now all we need is a place to start. Anyuk I had read once that a lot of a god’s powers come from their following. So if that holds true wouldn't one step be to deter the followers of the other three gods in hopes of weakening them? That is if we decided to rid the world of them.” Elora hoped she didn't sound stupid or ignorant, she truly had read that somewhere but he credibility of the book could be in question.

Anyuk remained entranced with his flower, smiling to himself. "Why yes, Elora. The ley lines in relation to gods are sourced from their followers instead of each other. However, even without a following the very essence they are derived from is more powerful than most any mortal." He replied to the twin, chuckling lightly at her youth.

Ildir turned to Roland, taken aback by his suggestion. "The vote has to be unanimous in order for Master Anyuk to support it. And I doubt any of us would follow any plan that is not backed by our patron." Taking a deep breath he looked everyone over once again. "Let me propose this again, we investigate the new god. Then, we vote again on how to proceed based on the findings of this god. Can we all agree on this?"

“My brother and I can agree to this.” Elora said, folding her arms, Altier still trying to get some whiskey off of the halfling. Elora looked over at the others. It's hard enough getting them to agree on simple matters of how to move forward, what will happen when they legitimately have to work together to achieve something? She thought to herself, it worried her.

Roland sighs, shrugging slightly as he steps back, resigned to the fact that the upper ground may be just to nod along.

" I apologize for the last idea, I'm not the most adept at social interactions, as I'm sure anyuk will tell you all."
Nodding at his fellow compatriots, Roland sinks into a seat on the edge of the courtyard, saying simply

"Whatever descicion you all come to, you have my full support.'

Selina nodded her head at this new proposal, "Count me as well as Lulu in." She said gesturing to her silent companion sitting next to her. "You have my help as well as hers and we are up to whatever task you give us." Lulu grunted in agreement.

Maylof walks to altier with the whiskey to share, he speaks "well I agree with this plan, you have my tools and skills at your disposal" he nods to the twin brother as he takes a sip of the whiskey and whispers "glad I have a drinking buddy in the party"

Lynessa nods as they all finally reach a reasonable conclusion that seems to suit everyone except their disgruntled knight. "I agree as well. Where should we begin our search then? We know Elora found a book with information on power being related to followers obviously, but does anyone else know of anywhere to start?" She asks as she eyes the large, farel looking cat with suspicion, not sure how such a creature belongs in a monestary.

Anyuk tucked the flower into the top of his robe, letting it stick out below his chin. Turning to the others he smiled, glad that they could agree. "I have read every novel at the monastery here, much of it is useful. Just perhaps not to your current situation. If you wish to know more about this new god, then his followers would likely be the best place to start."

Ildir had an accomplished look on his face, setting his plan into motion. He quickly changed back to his reserved, respectful, retainer to the Master. "If the Master would be so kind, I believe we as a council would like to enlist your help?" The deva asked, gesturing to the others for input.

Elora rolled her eyes twofold at the knights temper tantrum and resignation from taking and the halfling sitting next to his brother sharing the whiskey. Her attention was then drawn to Anyuk. She had noticed his fascination with the flower while the group was discussing but she had dismissed it until he approached the group, the small flower now tucked into his robes. Concern rose in the back of her mind about the aging man but for now she pushed it down. “Ildir for the time being I'm sure we can handle it. Anyuk, if I may, I feel you'll be best served here. Perhaps it would be best to establish the monetary as a safe place for the new gods followers. Provide a safe place for them as we gather more information. Anyuk can stay here and guide them as well as helping by finding additional information within the archives.”

While his sister did the talking Altier took a swig of the whiskey. Enjoying the slight burn down his throat. He gave quick smile to the halfling and A nod of thanks as he handed the bottle back. He stood from his spot, dusting off his armor before standing beside his sister to show his agreement with her idea.

Roland nodded solemnly from his seat, glad the conversation was back on track.

"Surprisingly, it seems we can agree again. Master, you're a fearsome fighter and a brilliant mind, but your more use full to us here. Ilrid will be more then enough assistance for us."

Selina nodded her head in agreement with Elora. "I believe that it's for the good of everyone that you stay here Anyuk, much like Elora said, I feel it would be most beneficial to this mission." She then turned to Ildir, "I'm sure you will be of great help to us."

Maylof , pleased with everyone finally agreeing and finding a drinking partner, speaks" hey so now that we are all in agreeance should we plan for now then rest for the night, get supplies in the nearest town , then venture forth ?" Maylof put away his whiskey and began to sketch in his black book the flower that anyuk had picked up. Happy now that everyone is in agreeance and smiles.

"Does anyone know where we could find a group of this Gods followers? Preferably a large one, as this could be our ideal place to start." Lynessa is becoming more relaxed with the group, however she is still very wary of the halfling. He drank too much and was far too loud and excited about killing.

Anyuk nodded to the group, looking up as he spoke. "I will gladly help in any way I can, this monastery is a safe haven for those who need it... and a hell for those who try to destroy it." As he said the last part a wicked grin spread across his wrinkly face. "But as far as the followers go, that would be Ildir's department. He knows more of this than I." He said, his expression returning to normal as he looked back down to the group.

Ildir shook off his anger, wishing that the others would just simply listen to him. He was the one best suited to find out information about this God after all... but it was not his decision. "The followers have grown large enough in number that they now have their own congregation, the largest being in a city that lies the most north east within Ela'mora. Comfortable well isolated from the rest of the world yet still able to support a port. Shall we set sail come morning?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back