• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Storybook Wilds -- OPEN RPG

Do you want anime pictures more or realistic ones?

crucialstar said:
Do you want anime pictures more or realistic ones?
I don't think it matters, judging from the other sheets.~ Just pick whichever picture(s) fit your character the most!

Ravel said:
I don't think it matters, judging from the other sheets.~ Just pick whichever picture(s) fit your character the most!
Okie dokie, dear! <3.

I just didn't want to ruin the flow or so!

@Ravel (*^*) Glad you can appreciate...And you're right maybe he's not depressing just...very anti-social. Though you made him so sound much cooler than he is haha I think we have enough kind, chirpy souls here though to help bring Ellana into the ring. And she's a snake... Besides it'll be fun to play off of the tension between the characters hopefully?

@Hel I think that Quill and my character Yukito are gonna end up butting heads.... a lot. Lol.

IDK why I get no notifications from this thing man

Edit:

@Ryik Interesting never seen someone use 'you' / second person narrative in an RP before. Also just checking the rabbit hit Linde and he apologized to her, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
I swear it's coming soon. I just made the codings and posted it up for WIP, so theyll be things there soon.

[QUOTE="The Succubi Queen]I was gonna say- Buddy if this is where you are setting the standard this is gonna be one hell of a ride. I can put out monster posts, but I think after a while they rob the story of the playing element. I already love your characters, btw. If Taran gets approved she will have a great time messing with Salome.

[/QUOTE]
Why am I so shizzy at keeping up with this thread

But yea first posts are the one time you get to run wild so I tend to abuse it. That was pretty long even for me though. These characters are just fun to use. x2! Sorry! ;;;;;;;

And haha I think Salome would be confused at first like ...uh...is it human? Does it taste good? But he's the kind of person to think 'please just go away' (as Izzy might soon find out lol) so that should be fun. ;)

[QUOTE="Pretzel Heart]Glad you can appreciate...And you're right maybe he's not depressing just...very anti-social. Though you made him so sound much cooler than he is haha I think we have enough kind, chirpy souls here though to help bring Ellana into the ring. And she's a snake... Besides it'll be fun to play off of the tension between the characters hopefully?

[/QUOTE]
References, sir, references everywhere!

Ahh, well, cannibals need love too, sometimes! And they're cool in their own terrifying, horrendous way. But yes! Kind and chirpy should do the trick despite her snakely features, with luck and good writing.~ Hopefully indeed!

---

In other news, this RP seems to be moving along quite fast... Not to be a Debbie Downer or anything, but perhaps we could slow it down just a tad and give others a chance to reply...? ^^;

Will do! Whenever you're feeling overwhelmed, just let me know. It's best to keep from letting anyone get swept away.

@Ravel Sorry about that for my part...I felt awkward ignoring people, but I think I'll be off for a day or two due to testing and stuff anyways.

Sleipnir said:
Will do! Whenever you're feeling overwhelmed, just let me know. It's best to keep from letting anyone get swept away.
Definitely will do, thanks!

[QUOTE="Pretzel Heart]@Ravel Sorry about that for my part...I felt awkward ignoring people, but I think I'll be off for a day or two due to testing and stuff anyways.

[/QUOTE]
You're good! No need to apologize. It's entirely too easy to get caught up in interaction and story and all of it.~

Ravel said:
Definitely will do, thanks!
You're good! No need to apologize. It's entirely too easy to get caught up in interaction and story and all of it.~
I'll wait for you to make a post before I do anything else, and if you want someone else to interact with, Izzy is essentially solo again.

[QUOTE="Pretzel Heart]Interesting never seen someone use 'you' / second person narrative in an RP before. Also just checking the rabbit hit Linde and he apologized to her, right?

[/QUOTE]
Yep.

Since literally everyone else is doing it, I figure I might as well, for cohesion's sake if nothing else.

As K wrote this last post it occurred to me I have never written a character quite like Seven before. I have never once written someone so single-minded and dominant — the Bigwig, so to speak, if anyone's familiar with Richard Adams. You wanna fight?

She will fight you.

Ack. I didn't mean to type such a long post... I just really like weaving other's posts into my own and--just--ahhh--my bad...

But yeah! I appreciate everyone's patience.~

Ahhh. I bit more than I can chew. I'm so sorry @The Succubi Queen , I know I said I'd do Beast for you. . but it seems like I won't be able to give this RP the attention and time it deserves due to school plus another RP that takes up most of my time :(

crucialstar said:
Ahhh. I bit more than I can chew. I'm so sorry @The Succubi Queen , I know I said I'd do Beast for you. . but it seems like I won't be able to give this RP the attention and time it deserves due to school plus another RP that takes up most of my time :(
That's ok! I understand. Like I always say- Life comes first! Thank you for considering it though, and I think Izzy will manage to be ok without a long lost sibling.

[QUOTE="The Succubi Queen]That's ok! I understand. Like I always say- Life comes first! Thank you for considering it though, and I think Izzy will manage to be ok without a long lost sibling.

[/QUOTE]
tumblr_lvdc9yvjD81qm6oc3o1_500.gif

You're so sweet ;-; <3

I got bored. I went and picked out subjective themes for all the characters controlled by people that have actively posted in the RP. Except Ethan. Fuck Ethan.

I couldn't really pick out a theme for him because he has no personality at all...
I could have probably made a better fit for some of them if I had more time but I should get to sleep already.

Sleipnir said:

Seven
Basics

NAME:

Seven

Female

LINEAGE:

Daughter of the Black Bull of Norroway/Black Knight of Norroway and his wife, Ceana

SPECIES:

Human

1f430a4490216def608d6ed8baf93395.jpg

Personality

A rough-and-tumble girl, Seven is notably rough around the edges and driven. She is absolutely fearless once she gains her footing and says what she means though generally not with malicious intent. She isn't exactly short tempered and, surprisingly, has quite a lot of patience barring the absolutely unforgiveable. She is brash and not one for plans, with an unfortunate tendency to pull a Leeroy Jenkins when given the chance, running headlong into battle with disregard to any plans. She is willing to listen to others all the same, but Seven isn't exactly afraid to tell you she thinks it's a stupid plan. She tends to gravitate toward the more meek and soft-spoken individuals, always needing to stand up for them when they won't do it themselves.

Technical

ABILITIES:

Impressive upper body strength, cows really like her

WEAKNESSES:

Human/Mortal physiology; vulnerable to any magic or physical attack.

WEAPON OF CHOICE:

Battle Axe or Broad Sword. She prefers a battle axe, but anything big and heavy will do.

History

The seventh child and first daughter of the Black Knight of Norroway and Ceana, Seven was just a year old when she was taken away to the human world, left abandoned at a church. She was dropped into the foster system, and while she was never a trouble child, no family stuck. In the end, Seven left and struck out on her own before finding herself returned to her true home.

Ethan "Hansen"
Basics

NAME:

Ethan "Hansen"

Male

LINEAGE:

Son of Snow White

SPECIES:

Human

View attachment 179589

Personality

A Push-over if ever there was one, Ethan was almost infamous at home for his lack of a personality. He rarely stands up for what he thinks and will nearly immediately back off in an argument. Ethan has very little self-confidence and cannot be expected to take the lead. Like, ever.

Technical

ABILITIES:

Gets along really, really well with animals. Like, they follow him around. Rabbits, birds, deer, and once a bear. (That's a long story.)

WEAKNESSES:

Human physiology; susceptible to any physical or magical attacks

WEAPON OF CHOICE:

Probably a short sword or bow.

History

Ethan was, unlike Seven, adopted early and lived very happily with his family until he found himself here.

Halla
Basics

NAME:

Halla

?

Male

LINEAGE:

N/A

SPECIES:

Faun

APPEARANCE:

little_faun_by_kessrai-d99o2cn.jpg

Personality

Quiet, open, and empathetic, Halla is a bit pretentious but well-meaning and perhaps surprising bold for a half-deer. He is a talented mage and knows it. He is warm and welcoming, generally fairly forgiving and kind-hearted. He rarely holds grudges and is very sensitive to everything and everyone around him.

Technical

ABILITIES:

Healing magic, astral magic, can summon a young dragon

WEAKNESSES:

Mortal physiology; susceptible to physical and magical attack

WEAPON OF CHOICE:

Staff

History

Born in an elusive herd in King (Formerly prince) Philip's domain, Halla was raised as a traditional faun and is very talented in magic. Upon the witch's rise to power, he grew angry with her and asked King Philip for help. He gathered mages and warriors to secretly help him return the children of the prophecy.[/HEIGHTRESTRICT]​

Blacky: [media]

[/media]
Tumnas: [media]

[/media]
RedLikeRoses said:
Basics
NAME: Blaidd (Pronounced Blaith) Wolfe

LINEAGE: Daughter of the Big Bad Wolf

SPECIES: Wolf-Human (werewolf if you dare call her that).

APPEARANCE:
images

Personality

Overall, Blaidd is a hot-headed tomboy who can kick butt when needed be. She is surprisingly awkward, however around people and can be a klutz at times. Blaidd tries her hand in the game of deceit, but always fails at it. Several times within the day, she will get a strong craving for food, especially meat.

Technical

ABILITIES: She can transform into a huge midnight black wolf with pure gold eyes at will and when angered.

WEAKNESSES: Highly impulsive, easily tempered, doesn't take orders well, most of her plans get thwarted.

WEAPON OF CHOICE: Her fists mostly, but if she had to she would use a double edged staff.

History

Blaidd was the youngest of twelve siblings, all being boys at that. Let's just say she learned to fend for her own. When she was two, the girl was too young to understand what dark magic was happening. The next thing she knew, she was in a foster care system like all the rest. Blaidd struggled to keep a home due to her aggressive playfulness and constant biting. She discovered her ability to transform into a wolf when she was twelve, since then she would lock herself away from others (which is the one reason why she was able to live in a foster home for more than three weeks). Her world flipped upside down when she made her way back to her homeland.
[media]

[/media]
Pretzel Heart] [I][SIZE=12px][COLOR=#4da6ff]((Speaking of people eating each other...))[/COLOR][/SIZE][/I] [H] Salome Tobias [/H] [imageFloat=center][IMG]http://s1.postimg.org/chh29g4hb/Salome_1.jpg[/IMG] [/imageFloat] [side=right] [B]Name[/B]: Salome Tobias. [B]Age:[/B] 18. [B]Height:[/B] 5 feet and 10 inches. [B]Gender:[/B] Male. [B]Hair:[/B] Dark purple-based brown. [B]Eyes:[/B] Grey blue. [B]Appearance:[/B] [URL="http://s22.postimg.org/swzwaq1dd/Salome_2.jpg said:
Alternate Reference[/URL]

((It's the same model, just a different outfit / expression))

[/side]

• Bilibin_Baba_Yaga.jpg

Lineage:
    Baba Yaga (A character featured in multiple Slavic fairytales; think of the Witch from “Hansel and Gretel,” except she is not always antagonistic despite still loving that tasty human flesh).

Appearance: He is of average height and a little on the leaner side of his weight category because he tends to pick at his food rather than eat it. He also likes to work out so he has the beginnings of some muscle tone.

Likes: TV sitcoms, Mint flavored gum, Chapstick, Sarcasm, Atarah, Learning, Exercise, Candy.

Dislikes: Being in large groups, Himself, Being selfish, Dog.

Other: There is a big black dog that follows Salome wherever he goes. No matter how hard he has tried to shake the animal off, Salome just can’t get rid of it. He has recently stopped trying. Because Salome doesn’t care to share ownership for the animal he has affectionately named him Dog. Dog has a way of jumping on Salome at the “worst moments,” interrupting his plans, temporarily severing his addictions, and making Salome look like a fool. Ever since making his way back to his homeland, he has been paranoidly trying to see if somehow Dog found a way to stalk him once again. It’s very likely that this animal latched onto him as his familiar.

((I hope this character isn't too dark :') I promise I'm planning to play him with a light-hearted air))

[media]

[/media]
Ammy said:

Momoka

hinh_nen_chenlin_363272744.jpg

Basics

NAME: Momoka Tanaka

LINEAGE: Daughter of Momotaro

SPECIES: Human

Personality

Momoka is an introverted individual preferring to spend her time alone rather than among a group. In the modern world she was always prepared, planning ahead for the mundane events her life held far in advance. Her ability to communicate with anything has caused her to develop an air of apathy knowing that she will be able to land any type of career that would require a translator. While not outwardly rude to others the quiet intensity in which she conducts herself does make her difficult to get to know.

Now back in the Storybook Wilds she finds herself conflicted, trying her hardest to adjust to the new world she's found herself in. Despite her heritage she still believes that she is not a heroine opting to avoid whatever conflict may be taking place unless it immediately benefits her group, placing the well-being of the other storybook children above all else due to their shared circumstances.

Technical

ABILITIES:

Omnilingualism - Momoka has the inherent ability to communicate to any creature capable of thought. This extends anywhere from divine beings to simple beasts.

Enhanced Strength & Agility - Having descended from a hero with a hint of supernatural origins Momoka retains a fragment of the strength that made him such a ferocious opponent in the battlefield. Lacking any true training or need to use it in the modern world has weakened it over time but still proves useful in emergencies.

WEAKNESSES:

Only Human - In spite of her father's story often claiming "heaven's compassion" played a role in his peculiar appearance, she is still just a gifted human. Any wound that would pose a threat to a normal person is just as much of one to her.

Product of Peace - Having grown and lived in a peaceful environment for the entirety of her life has denied her the greatest strength that Momotaro possessed; his confidence. With his ability to communicate with anything he was able to recruit strong allies, yet this proves to be a much greater challenge for her.

Homesick - Momoka is incredibly resentful of the hand the fate has dealt her and the other storybook children. More than anything else she wants to return home to her normal life, and as such is hesitant upon acting in favor or against any of the natives of the Storybook Wilds should it not further that goal. While her lack of compassion may offend those around her the absolute lack of aggression toward threats may prove an even greater issue to both herself and the allies traveling with her, allowing threats that may have been eliminated to continue to grow in strength.

WEAPON OF CHOICE:

As more of a tactician than a warrior Momoka prefers to stay in the back lines instead of engaging foes directly. Previous experience in the modern world has made her adept in archery which has become her primary method of defense. She also carries a katana with her, a memento of her father, though her effectiveness in using it varies from questionable to nonexistent on any given day.

History

Prior to the spell which banished the storybook children there were still connections between the two realms. After all even if they were regarded as myths the stories were still shared across them. Heroism is shared across even space and time, as was the case for Momotaro. Using his power he brought together an unlikely band of allies in various animals and struck down a group of demons ravaging villages nearby.

Over time hints of his actions crossed over to the modern world, the nation of Japan adopting it and modifying it to better sync with their own culture. After the witch sent Momoka away she found herself in this very location, quickly discovered by the Tanaka family. As a student she always strived to achieve top grades and took her work very seriously.

At the age of thirteen she discovered her ability to instantly comprehend new languages and, after initially flying into a panic and trying to explain it to her teacher who merely shook it off as some kind of joke, hid the ease of this task behind the lie of several years of study. As time passed she began to look into ways that she may take advantage of this for financial gain and stability. Everything seemed to be looking bright for her future, now preparing for college...only to one day to find herself in a completely foreign environment.​
[media]

[/media]
moon logic puzzles[/URL] have left him naturally hesitant to doing anything that seems overtly straightforward. He lacks empathy, giving way to a disconnect between him and everyone around him. Generally he comes off as a bit clueless, which isn't to be mistaken for a lack of intelligence. He has an affinity for riddles and a resulting talent for writing- rarely exercised. His speech is an absurd mix of archaic, poetic, and vulgar. If he starts making rhymes, punch him in the face.

Technical

Abilities
: Possesses the ability to stop, slow down or speed up time for objects and entities. Entities are able to move normally rather than just perceive the difference.

Weaknesses: He isn't very good at using his ability to its full potential; as a matter of skill. He can't slow down or stop time for people without slowing time down for himself. He's also poor at switching between modifying time one way and the other rapidly, unable to speed up immediately after resuming stopped/slowed time for a few seconds and vice versa. He additionally can't modify the passage of time differently for two different things; everything under his effect has to be going the same speed

Time can be modified for as long as he can maintain mental concentration. This is easiest for speeding up time for people and harder the closer time gets to stopped; it's mentally grating to manipulate time, and it gets worse according to how much objects need to be included and the difference they need to be manipulated by. This includes the very air one breathes, so this is unavoidable. It can develop into a headache and eventually outright pain, so naturally the more people, the shorter he can sustain the effect. With just himself (and his clothes/weapon) he can stop time for around a minute at a time without hurting himself. This doesn't mean he can stop time for a minute each time; think of his headache as a gauge that fills up in the course of a minute and slowly empties as a normal headache would go away. Using his ability while he still has a mild headache will let it become worse again.

When time is stopped for you, the world around you appears stopped for you to mess with, but you would be unable to actually have any effect on the world directly; you cannot modify the inertia of frozen objects, and they wouldn't register any amount of touching you did to them. However, it is possible to unfreeze something, (which is ironically stopping time for it) throw it at someone, (letting it hang in mid-air as it is let go) then resume time, such so that an object or objects can be thrown instantly from whatever direction.

He has normal human physiology as well. A tad more flammable, not that it makes a large difference.

Weapon of Choice: Checkers, a stuffed rabbit. Its torso feels hard as steel, yet it feels lighter than plush, practically able to blow away in the wind. It seems to always be able to find its way back to Sketchy, whether just thrown or stolen in his absence. The space in its body- accessed through its zipper mouth, is disproportionately large. Sketchy normally doesn't keep anything in it but tools for making tea. (A collection of tea bags, all unlabeled and unsorted, a small cook stove, water and an absurdly ornate tea set)

History
[/LEFT]

The diamond king,

I fain would sing

And likewise his fair queen,

But that the knave,

A haughty slave,

Must needs step in between.

Good diamond king

With hempen string,

This haughty knave destroy,

Then may your queen,

With mind serene,

Your royal bed enjoy.

Born to the Diamond royalty illegitimately, he wasn't actually raised as a prince. He was sent off, to be adopted by a noble. It wasn't long before he childishly ran away from that home, and more broadly away from the Diamond kingdom. As he lost himself in the woods, he met a Cheshire with a wicked grin who called him sketchy. When he denied it and said that his name was Eschaton, the Cheshire stated he'd rather call him Sketchy. With the Cheshire's "guidance", he was able to attend a tea party where he met a hare who invited him to live in his cottage in exchange for chores. It was unanimously agreed that Sketchy was a better name than Eschaton, and he's gone by that name ever since, which has since grown on him. His hat is indeed a gift from the Hatter. His rabbit, a perfectly normal gift from the Hare.

Throughout each day

Hare and boy play,

Making the rabbit late.

Soon one of two;

A power grew

And two of one berate.

The boy's dismay

grew for each day

He can't the rabbit scare,

But brighten he

When spoiling tea

With some coffee for hare.
[media]

[/media]
Ravel said:
Ellana Elizabeth Hambly
large.jpg

B A S I C S

Female

Lineage:

Daughter of the Prince of Vallone Grosso, and his wife Grinnonia [The Enchanted Snake]

Species:

Human

large.jpg

B I O G R A P H Y

• P E R S O N A L I T Y

Condescending and perhaps a bit of a bully, Ellana holds no mercy nor sympathy for those she considers below her. She is blunt and to-the-point, and should she find a conversation dull in any way, she will readily say so before turning her back to leave. As an orphan of sorts, Ellana could never shirk the feeling of abandonment; it plagues her mind constantly and has been the most profound influence on her personality in that she acts the way she does to prevent such a thing from happening again--her entire way of being serves as her way of coping, dysfunctional though it may be.

Ellana excels remarkably in her schooling, with particular regards to math and science. History is not her favorite subject, but she manages alright, whereas she fails to comprehend Literature entirely. Her grades are passable, but the concepts of magic and fairy tales and love at first sight fall flat on her mind, and nothing has occurred so far to give rise to changing views. Except, perhaps, a few instances regarding shedding skin and feathers in her hair...

Nahh. Coincidence. Right...?

T E C H N I C A L

• A B I L I T I E S

Shape-Shifting: The ability to change form into any earthly animal

Alchemy: The ability to change and/or create constructs or material to suit the alchemist's needs.

• Ellana can create golems, or familiars, to serve needs such as reconnaissance if the materials are available. However, these golems are not truly alive and only last for as long as her concentration can will out.
    • Ellana can make more permanent changes to matter, such as turning stone to ivory or fruit into precious gems, or simply alter the state of matter itself.

(Just in case I get a science-stickler: I realize this does not follow any of the rules of actual science, but hey. Fair Tale here. Yeah. >.<)

[media]

[/media]
Princess Untombinde[/URL] and the King’s Heir.

Appearance: She is very tall and has an extremely athletic build. Needless to say, she stands out in a crowd.

Sports, Gold jewelry, Snakes, Liselotte, English, Urban life.

Dislikes: Water / Getting wet, Weak-willed people (particularly men), Musicals, The ocean, Fast food, Superstition.

[/Tab]

[tab= Technical]

Abilities: Her best trait is her absolute fearlessness. Nothing can deter her nor shake her pride. Snakes seem to be naturally attracted to her. Although she cannot understand them, she seems to be able to connect with them on a deep, empathetic level. She also has an elemental affiliation with fire, and may be able to learn how to produce / control it. For now, she is just extremely impervious to hot temperatures, and even enjoys a desert climate.

Weaknesses: Like her mother, she is extremely proud...to a fault. She does not bow to anyone and will never do anything that she would consider belittling to herself. This got her mother eaten, so...

Weapon of Choice: Anything she can get down and dirty with. No ranged weapons for her.

[/tab]

[tab= In-Depth Info]

Personality: Linde is definitely someone whose respect you have to earn, however, once earned, she will give it to you for life. Even though she may be considered a bit of a tomboy due to her adventurous spirit, natural athleticism, and love of sports, she would haughtily disagree, taking pride in her appearance and carrying herself with regality. She has a bad tendency to look down on others, particularly those who have not earned her respect or who have garnered her disdain, as well as an extremely stubborn nature to the point where she would never admit a mistake. However, she is also gracious about accepting the consequences, and has many qualities of good sportsmanship, being very loyal and able to see people’s strengths as well as their weaknesses. She lives by a staunch moral code and would never abandon it, thus adding to her stateliness.

Liselotte.jpg

History: After she was transported to our world she ended up in France and spent some years living in the French foster care system. It was here that she met her best friend and sister, Liselotte. While the two didn’t see eye-to-eye at first, both being strong-headed in their way, and Liselotte viewing Linde as too much of a tomboy and Linde seeing Liselotte as too much of a girly-girl...once they realized that they shared kindred souls they grew steadfast. If Linde holds herself like a Queen, then Liselotte is definitely a Princess. She enjoys the finer things in life, and even though they lived on poor government subsidies, somehow Liselotte always found a way to remain cleanly kept and in-fashion. It was these qualities that attracted Yukito to her during his time as an exchange student, however, due to their running in different circles, he struggled to get close to her. Once Linde noticed how hard Yukito was trying, she admired his persistence and thought he was entertaining and might be good for Liselotte, so she decided to help him out in bringing the two together. In return, Yukito kept bothering her about needing to ‘pay back the favor,’ which she couldn’t understand. Because of her proud nature, she couldn’t allow herself to accept a favor from someone as weak-looking as Yukito, but in order to get him to shut up, she told him to just be a good boyfriend to her best friend. The relationship flowered for some time, before they decided to peacefully break it off due to the strains of long-distance. However, Yukito continued to pester Linde online and such, to the point that they eventually became unlikely friends.

At school Linde was always sports-oriented, her favorites being Lacrosse and Rugby. Because of this she was relatively popular, having many male friends. Liselotte was really the only girl she ever grew really close to. After high school graduation, both of them were able to go on to college. Linde was hoping to study English, and Liselotte focusing on history. Her college life had barely begun, however, when she was whisked away.

With all the times that Linde and Liselotte would joke about being princesses, never did either of them imagine that one of them would actually end up as one. Nor could Linde ever imagine that she and Yukio had come from the same, mystical place.

Still, she has trouble considering the Storybook Wilds her home, and is anxious to get back to Paris and her best friend.

[/tab]

[/Tabs]
[media]

[/media]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICJMTGYsSkA[/URL][/media]

How much do you think they fit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back