• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Sound of Our Hearts

HoneyPhantomhive

Byakuya Kisser

taoru.jpg

(I'll make a banner for the RP later, my bro is hogging the computer)

The Sound of Our Hearts

@HaniMoon: Ciel Phantomhive

@Creepypasta Hound: Isaac Ripper (Grim Reaper), Sun (Demon hound)

@HoneyPhantomhive: Sebastian Michaelis

@Robyn Banks: Lady Jacqueline K.(Kuvira) Dean (Human), Grell Sutcliffe

Isaac Ripper (@Creepypasta Hound), a local grim reaper, has been watching Ciel for a while. Following him around, you could say. He spotted him one day during a case Ciel and Sebastian were on and knew he just had to have him.

Meanwhile, Sebastian Michaelis (@HoneyPhantomhive), had always loved Ciel - from the moment they met. Ever since they were placed under an eternal spell to forever be Ciel's butler, it has made it possible for them to be together for eternity. But Isaac doesn't want that to happen; he's hopelessly in love with Ciel.

Our starting setting is a party celebrating Ciel's birthday. Isaac has sent a "present" of a dead body - along with a note saying this is just a start, and will continue on until Ciel catches him.

If I forgot something, just let me know. For more info on this/signing up, our official info thread is here. Whoever wants to start us off just go ahead :)

Last edited by a moderator:

London was noisier than she remebered. There were a great deal of people in the streets, and walking was a slow affair. The soundof their voices mingled with the clatter of carriage wheels and the shouting of less-than-reputable merchants selling miracle cures and tonics in the streets on makeshift stages. The air was a mix of the scent of ladies' perfumes and the acrid stench of industrial pollution. The city wasn't clean, but it didn't stop the ladies from lightly lifting their intricate dresses to avoid trailing them upon the soiled cobblestone, or the men from walking about in their perfectly polished shoes.

But it was in London that the case had led them. With or without the Queen's orders, there were still those that would tarnish the city's name, and in doing so her reputation but that wasn't her problem tonight.

She glanced out the window of the carriage, adjust her dress for the twelfth time it seemed. She had a lot of conversing to tell her uncle and aunt that she was OK with attending the party alone. She was a girl after all so that meant she always needed a guardian... Sadly. Plus she couldn't act the way she usually does or she's afraid they might say she has hysteria and isolate her from the world. She recently arrived back from France to tend to some matters at hand, seeing her mother once or twice.

She arrived at the grand yet Gloomy phantomhive estate. The driver opened the door extending his hand out for her to take. She Accepted making her way out, approaching the door with a beat in her step as the presents shook in her hands. After a month of foreign affairs, she could say that she missed her old friend ciel and his butler. She knocked on the door three times before taking a step back​

The soft murmurs and clicks wine of glasses went unheard by the humans who weren't inside the estate but for Sun he heard it all. The flirty giggles and the 'hahas' of lovers dancing and enjoying the company of one another hit his ears. He sat tall despite his small stature outside the Phantomhive home guarding Ciel and those inside.

The soft crunch of gravel caught his attention and he stood watching as a beautiful young woman stepped out of the vehicle and towards the gates. He knew her scent all to well and tagged his tail happily for he seen once or twice before. He barks in the light friendly way dogs do to those they like as he awaited for acknowledgement. Surely Sebastian would understand the guilty pleasure and ecstatic feeling a pet behind the ears brings.

However, across the street hidden away was Isaac "She makes the seventy fourth guest...I have to admit the lass is cute but not as lovely as my sweet Ciel...." He says a grin playing on his lips as he waited for the party to go full swing. He wonders what it must be like to be loved by so many, to have the kind of respect Ciel wields at such a fine ripe age. When he was his age he was nowhere near as respectable. "Seventy-five...." He continued.

Jack turned to the dog who barked and wagged at her. The dog was adorable beyond belief, She knew it was sun from their quite joyful encounter the previous time. So she handed the presents to the nearest servant " put it on the present table please." She said to him before beckoning the dog to approach her. "Hey sun! Come here boy!" She extended her arms out and patted her leg a bit for encouragement.

@Creepypasta Hound

Sun barks excitedly and dashes up to Jack he presses his head against her hand gently licking her palm.

Isaac spied on them a bit, he couldn't understand how Jack could pet that Demon Hound. Dogs weren't his specialty maybe its because they could see Reapers and would fight them.

@Robyn Banks

Sebastian looked around the party. Most everyone seemed to be having a good time, and nothing was catastrophically going wrong. He supposed this was one of his better parties - of course, there was to be nothing less for his young master, who was next to him.

Sebastian turned to Ciel and nudged him. "Another guest is here. Are you just going sto stand here?" He asked. He knew Ciel was normally a wallflower at parties, but he had worked too hard for Ciel not to have any fun. Besides, it would tarnish Phantomhive's image if he just stood around.

He couldn't stand parties, and he could tell Ciel couldn't either. But it was the social season; it came every year, and he absolutley dreaded it. It was busy, loud, and exhausting. They seemed to have parties all the time this one of year.

He was wearing his normal outfit, as not to stick out. His hair was that messy sort of neat - the locks were choppy but laid out carefully over his head.

@HaniMoon

"Aren't you the cutest thing I've ever seen. Maybe I could bring my dogs along so you could have more company." She scooped Sun up and placed him gently into her arms. "Well tonight you'll be my plus one. Bash wouldn't mind." She said walking into the ballroom.

Bash. A nickname she came up with when they had first met, of course she had a crush on him at that time but what girl hasn't? I bet Liz would admit it if she had the chance anyways. After a while she realized it wouldn't have work, she was a noble while he was a servant.so she tried to give it up but sometimes it always came back but nevertheless the nickname stuck. Anyways she had a date. a fine little puppy wrapped in her arms. She petted the dog behind the ear as she continued to walk, looking for a familiar face.

Grell busted through the door looking around. "Where is my romeo? Our forbidden love must go on! I must see his face once more! For His crimson eyes will look at me and we will dance the night away as he holds me close and proclaims me his lover. Oh Sebastian where art thou?!" He... I mean she. Finally spotted him. Looking gorgeous as ever with his locks of hair covering his mysterious frame. "Bassy!" Grell said hugging his 'lover' close. "Did you miss me because I sure as hell missed you." He said playing with Bassy's hair.

@HoneyPhantomhive @Creepypasta Hound

Ciel glanced around the room and grinned a satisfied smile, eyes shinned with pride. Sebastian - his butler Sebastian - had prepared a perfect party. Even the pickiest lady could not complain about anything, whether it is the food, decoration or accompanied music. Since the party started Ciel did not move an inch, too lazy and tired to move. He stood next to Sebastian and wait for people to cross by, wishing him elaborate wishes and handing out luxurious gifts. Ciel responded with graceful answers and the happiest smile of a birthday child, even though secretly he wished this would just end quickly so he could... rest. The day in the office had been hard enough: the old stubborn men in the Director of the Board messed up his business plan. Then came the parties. Ciel usually did not minded the cold, pompous nature of aristocrat parties, but not on one of these days - when his mind kept replaying sweet memories of his parents. He looked around the party, heart sinked a bit when he realized Liz had not arrived. She was like a little sister, naive and nagging at times, but earnest and caring. One of the few warm lights lightning up the sea of darkness he lived among every day.

- Another guest is here. Are you just going to stand here?

He was about to answer when that familiar voice seeped in to his ears and sent goosebump all over the body. Ah ha, here came Sebastian's dear. Ciel smirked at Sebastian.

- Oh you don't have to remind me. I'll leave you two some privacy, enjoy your sweet time.

He quickly turned around and left, leaving Grell and Sebastian behind.

Sebastian's eyes widened in surprise. He immediately scrambled to push Grell off, trying to step away. "No," he told him... Or her. "No, I didn't miss you. What are you doing here?" He asked with an icy glare. Whenever Grell showed up, someone was dead, and that was never good - especially at a party. He straightened out his hair again hurriedly, as not to show a bad example for the guests around him. Grell's very presence was unnerving, and he could only imagine what it was like for people around him. He was terribly mortified to be being hugged, his face a slight shade of red.

@Robyn Banks

"Well Bassy that hurts me especially from all the wonderful times we had together but don't worry I forgive you since your blushing." Grell looked around before looking at his book for the name of the people who was going to die. "Don't worry I didn't only come here for you Darling. Someone is going to die, someone who isn't suppose to. But it seems the person isn't here. Maybe I went to the wrong place but since I'm here, I might as well get" He said leaning close to Sebastian only Two inches away. "Comfortable."

@HoneyPhantomhive

Well, that was too close. Ciel had not walked far enough not to see that dangerous distance between the two.

- I'm afraid I have to interfer you two.

He turned around, smiling at the red-haired man. It's fun to watch the forever-composed Sebastian flustering all over, but it is no longer fun seeing the man cornered by another man. He could not explain why. It just felt... wrong.

- I will not have dead corpses ruining my birthday party. Do you mind telling us a bit more detail, Grell?

@Robyn Banks

Sun laid comfortably in Jacks arms as he tagged his tail, enjoying his invite the very party he should be protecting. The familiar cry of Grells' filled him with a happiness that was indescribable, seeing the red Reaper and knowing how infatuated he was by Sebastian he knew he couldn't keep Grell out not to mention he liked Grell.

The mouthwatering aroma of tasty delicacies sent the Demon Hound into a slight daze. But when the voice of Ciel reached his ears he lifted his head and glanced around trying to spot any abnormalities.

Isaac was now pressed against the outside wall of the estate, hearing Ciel speak was like riches and silk to a poor woman. His proper English accent was nothing compared to Isaacs American one.

Hearing Grell mention a death caused him to hold his breath "That no good red...tsk don't-" that's when Ciel spoke and he knew what to do next.

The party inside was still lively as ever up until a large box wrapped in red wrapping paper was sent flying inside smashing through the doors with a slam. The gift stopped in front of Ciel, Sebastian, Grell, and Jack. Seemingly harmless at first. On the gift was wedding card with a message

"Happy Birthday Ciel, you stole something of mine that too is missing in this gift. Return it to me, and you shall live in bliss"

Sun began to squirm and bark viciously at the gift his hackles raised as if it were going to attack.

Outside Isaac watched with a smile playing on his lips.

@HaniMoon @HoneyPhantomhive @Robyn Banks

"I know as much as you all I know is that the person isn't on the li-" Grell jumped as the glass broke. Clinging to his beloved Bassy to protect him from that awful.. Box? No matter what he didn't plan to let go. He leaned in closer to take a whiff of Sebastian's hair. And it smelled delightful! "Bassy save me! Be my knight and shining armor and carry me away like a lady in waiting!"

There was jumps and screams as the glass shattered not too far from her unlike everyone around her, she seemed perfectly calm. Jacqueline placed Sun down before approaching the package, cautiously. One man tried to stop her but she turned to him saying."I'll be fine. Whatever lunic did this isn't going to make an appearance." She lifted up the box and read the note before walking over to the others. "It seems like Someone isn't very happy with you ciel. Wander what you did now." She said jokily with a smile on her face but soon it faded giving off a more stern expression.

She leaned closer to him only to whisper.
"I suggest you open this present privately, who knows what's inside." She handed the box to Sebastian since she knew ciel wouldn't dare touch such a thing especially since he was probably in shock. She nodded in respect to the two other men."Hello Bash, Grell pleasure to see you again." Grell nodded still clinging to Bassy. Cherishing every second they were together. "Same to you sweetie."

Isaac watched as the scene unfolded at the party the screams of partygoers made him laugh he was already setting his next phase of the plan into place. He just had to off several other unfortunate souls that weren't listed. But he knew he wanted to play a bit with Ciel so he decided that he wouldn't have specific targets. Oh no that would be simple and Sebastian would most likely catch on first and that isn't what he wants.

He leaps backward soaring through the sky and landed on an adjacent rooftop. "Thats what I'll do...but I'll need help from that love sick Grell if I'm gonna make this work." He said not relishing the thought of Grell assisting.

His first reaction after hearing the loud shattering of glass was retreating to hide behind Sebastian, as always. Grell was doing "something" again, but he was too focused on the box to notice. A gift managed to land in front of the three, but with a slightly stronger force, it could have slammed at Ciel's head.

What an unpleasent present. A very unpleasant one. He forced his stomping heart to calm down.

A familiar soft voice wake him up from the shock, and Ciel realized as a party host he had neglected his duty to appease the panicked crowd after the box's intrusion. How unprofessional.

- Jack, long time no see. Can't be helped, I have too many secret "fans". - He let out a weak smile, feeling relieved that she apparently was not hurt by the attack. – You’re right, let us four go somewhere quiet.

Ciel turned to the crowd and announced a few assuring words to calm them down, before signalling for the three to follow him to a small guest-room next to the main hall. After reading the notes on Sebastian’s hand, he ordered.

- Sebastian, open the box and check for any danger. It should not contain poison or harmful chemicals, but if you sense some, go to another room to open it.

Hopefully it is not a beheaded head. Or a heart. Or a hand. The mere thought of seeing them made him want to puke.

@Creepypasta Hound @HoneyPhantomhive[/uSER] @Robyn Banks

Sebastian nodded and stepped away from Grell, pushing his hands off of him. He began to wonder what the heck Grell's problem was with him. Not so much as a problem but an obsession. He was glad when he was finally able to pry his fingers off of himself.

He approached the the box carefully. Whomever sent this box wasn't going to appear any time soon, from the grandiose entrance. It was obvious he didn't want to be seen, as it was thrown in trough the window.

He let his gaze wander into the dimly lit street, just to check and make sure no one was still there. There was no one there; no one that he could see, anyways.

He began to open the box, but ever so slightly so only he could see inside. Immediately, he began to smell a faint scent of blood. What he saw inside was a terribly butchered body spattered with blood. Keeping his face cool, he closed it, but not so quick as to cause a panic.

He sent a questioning look at Ciel and picked up the box. There were hushed whispers all around him. He snuck a glance at the card. Who would send a wedding card with a threatening message to a birthday party? He began to suspect something more was going on.

Jacqueline leaned against the wall, resting her head against it and closing her eyes. Though she thought that peace and quiet was hateful. It benefited her at times, helped her think. The wedding card. Something that could mean multiple things. A wedding ciel could've ruined, a wedding in the future. Wait. A wedding in the future....'you stole something of mine that too is missing in this gift. Return it to me, and you shall live in bliss'. Missing...

She opened her eyes and went over to the box. "May I?" She said before taking the box and placing it on the desk. She took the note from Sebastian before reading it making sure what she remebered was accurate. She opened it enough for her to see. Looking at the butchered body, her eyes widened stunned.

She wasn't new to see dead bodies, most of them from the people she assassinated but she has never seen anything so revolting. She turned to the others."Something is missing in that box. something that can give us a clue of what this man means. Ciel I don't think you would want to see this so maybe you should excuse yourself." She said keeping ciel's best interest at heart though he had a gruesome duty to the queen. He still was quite fragile so what he saw had to be censored at times.

Something missing? Just about every part of a body was in there - no detail was spared. Sebastian placed his hand on his chin.

"What ever do you mean?" He asked, turning to Jacqueline. It didn't make sense. A wedding card? What was 'stolen' from whoever sent the 'gift?'

He looked around at the guests. Some were panicking and some were resuming their evenings, dancing with their partners. He wondered if would be a good idea to send everyone home. Of course, that would tarnish the image of the Phantomhive hospitality.

He turned around to Grell. "Is this who you were sent to collect?" He asked. If it was, the person must've been murdered not too long ago. It surely smelled like it.

Shiver ran through his spine. Gathering all his courage he half-opened the box and used an eating knife to create a small slit on the rotting chest.

- There... is... no heart. - He stuttered, his legs felt like water. - The groom is looking for his bride who has stolen his heart. The question is, who is his bride?

He asked, knowing the answers already. Noticing a water jug on a nearby table, he rinsed his hands throughoutly, srubbing away every bit of remaning blood until the skin on his hands turned bright red.

- Grell, does this remind you of anything? Like, an abnormal amount of dead bodies in a certain neighborhood, or a weirdo doing weird things recently? Based on his writing he should be a man and non-aristocrat. Not into peoms or how-to-write-a-proper-love-confession-as-well. Must have good physical reflexes to be able to snick into a guarded mansion..

Ciel's gaze locked on the man's face. He appeared at such a right time - right before the incident - and seemed to know something.

- Sebastian, go check on the guests and make sure there is no unfamiliar faces mingling in. Check the mansion and garden as well, this may not be the only thing that culprit left behind... for me.

@Creepypasta Hound @Robyn Banks @HoneyPhantomhive Oops, forgot to tag, sorry T v T.

"Not entirely, I was suppose to get the soul but the souls isn't even present. And the only people who can tell a soul is a reaper or-" Grell looked at Sebastian. "A demon".Jack knew that Ciel was still hosting his party so she looked at the others before saying. "You guys get back to the party if you dont make an appearance the others might get the wrong idea.I will try to put the prices back together from here. I will report to you when I conclude anything." Grell smirked at Jack "but you assassinate not investigate, this isn't your field." Jack returned the gesture with a soft smile."But I have to hunt my victim before I eliminate them. Now get going you have guest to attend to." She said shooing them.

Sebastian shot a glare at Grell before turning back to Jack. How could Grell accuse him of doing such a thing? No, those days were way in his past. He no longer did such things. He was into halfway honest work nowadays. Besides - why would he sabotage his own party?

He shook his head at Jack. "I'll stay here. No one will notice I'm gone," he said. "Besides. You could use my help." It's not that he doubted in her intellect - no, she was quite smart. For a human, anyways. He just wasn't sure she could handle the... Supernatural side of things quite as well as he could.

He turned to look at Grell, however much he despised it. "What are the names of the Reapers in this area?" He asked. Grell couldn't possibly be the only one around here. London was just simply too big.

Sundiata looked at Sebastian, Ciel, Grell, and Jack hearing that Sebastian was going to stay he raced outside to the garden. He sniffed the ground trying to figure out if the scent of someone supernatural popped up without his notice.

Across town in a sleepy village, Isaac sat on the roof of a farmhouse. Below he could see a family returning from wherever they had visited. The father speaking with the mother as the children sang some old folk song. They were oblivious to the killer that lurked from above.

They pulled up to the house exiting the carriag, the father returned the horse to the stable as the rest of the family retired to the bedrooms. Isaac watched the man a bit longer as he checked the Coop and Barn.

The farm dark due to the absence of proper lighting, the farmer couldn't even see his own hand in front of him. He heard the pained cries of the family dog making the man draw his hand gun from his back pocket. He didn't notice the dark figure from behind.

"Roco? Is that you boy?" The farmer called when he felt unease wash over him like someone watching him.

Pain suddenly shot through the man as blade began to rotate in his body "Its not personal or anything, but we all gotta meet Death someday."

The screams of the farmer filled the night air. And soon the rest of the family faced the same fate.

- You were told to get the soul but could not find it. Maybe someone snatched it away.

Only the Reapers could tell a soul. But if he had encountered one who showed such blatant interest towards him, Ciel would have remembered.

He heard a load bark and recognized Sundiata on the door gate, enthusiastically waiving his tail at them. He turned and run forward a few steps, then turned his head back staring at them.

- Looks like the little boy wants us to follow him. I will go dismiss the guests. It is too dangerous to continue the party now. I will leave this to you all. Thank you.

--

Sorry to autoplay, I just think it's a natural next step. Tell me if you want me to change this part :D

Sundiata waited for the ones who were following him, he turned his head back to the gates. It was irritating for the Demon Hound he smelled something but he wasn't sure what it was. He stepped forward a bit glancing around as a low growl escaped him "This scent...it smells like Gwell...but not Gwell at the same time...."

Who could it be? And who smelled like Grell?

(Its okay ^^)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back