• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Snowglobe: A Christmas Crossover Romp!

"Katrine, nice to meet you too," Skyre smiled. He couldn't help but examine her metallic arm and strange mechanical boots. He didn't understand them, but he knew they were far more intricate than anything he'd ever set his eyes on. He realised he was staring and, grinning sheepishly as ever, turned back to face the mound of sunken midgets. That was the thing with Skyre; bar a few fleeting moments, he wore an omnipresent smile whose minor fluctuations were the real indication of his true emotions. She was almost as tall as him and fairly masculine too, but Valia had been home to many such female warriors who fitted that description. Her voice, charming and chirpy, was a minor surprise, but then again Skyre hardly suited his either; a beautiful, dominant baritone fulled with breathy wonder. It like a beautiful strings melody, holding the listeners attentive attention throughout until the final trill.

Skyre chuckled lightly at her pun. "I hope you don't mind me pointing out that you fight far better than you jest," the boy smirked, shaking his head. She seemed fun, which was good, especially on the battlefield where Skyre especially enjoyed a touch of banter. "You can do whatever you wish to help out, though something swift and efficient would probably be the best, if you're up to it." He smiled, opened his mouth, and then resisted the urge to ask about her arm and boots.
One step at a time, Skyre.

@DryPunishment

Luna nodded her head at the girls introduction, before turning her gaze off into the direction if the running Whiskey. She didn't quite know exactly what's going to happen, nor did she know exactly what to do.

(Sorry for short post. I'm in class. DX I'll make up for it later)

Katrine put her robotic arm on her hip,adopted a thinking strategy first even though she already knew too well what she was going to do.

The guy made a remark about her lame pun.

"I do get that a lot,you know,but i think it always comes in handy to know some jokes just to make things less tense."

She went there again. Someone stop her before she pisses off the wrong someone.

"I noticed you were eyeing my devices,mainly this piece of technological masterpiece."

As she said that the chassis on her left arm started wiggling a bit. On purpose,of course.

"You see...I lost my actual arm some time ago. That might have been for the better as this one is much cooler...look!"

Kat raised her arm for a better view and the fingers twisted into themselves until they reached onto the back of her hand. After that the palm built itself into a cone leading. A speaker was at the very center of the palm.

"Alright...this is gonna be easy..."

She pointed her hand at the snowy mould and took a few steps back.

The hand projected a weak shock-wave that was powerful enough to blow the snow away,but cause no harm to the midgets that looked an awful lot like Santa's little helpers.

They were now free.

"Easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy..."

The hand returned to its normal position.

@SkyGinge

Roy

Watching the course of events transpire, Roy eventually noticed that everything had seemingly stopped. People were staring at each other without as much as a peep. It was then that a male had asked for a lending hand. Figuring this was the chance to make themselves known as well as possibly useful in return for some sort of kind gesture, Roy turned to Iris. His partner had since become rather huddled close. Given that it was so cold outside, the young man could not blame her. He withdrew his hand from hers.

Roy removed his vest from his back, placing it over hers. Then, champion would use the same arm to wrap around her neck, giving her an avenue to find some sort of warmth on him. Roy was not exactly the meatiest person, but for now his frame would have to do. Checking the time on his opposite wrist found that his accessory was no longer working. His own shirt was long-sleeved, and he was fully aware that Iris would still be cold even if the vest would provide some sort of warmth.

In a way, he assumed she would be better off given her natural abilities. He certainly was not. Practically dragging the poor girl along, Roy would begin walking toward the man who had called out for help. Using a tiny bit of the Nectar he had would come in use… The times called for it. He felt the small stubbles of hair on his face begin to freeze. After a simple injection given by his ‘backpack’, Roy began to feel himself warm up. Then he generated an enclosed aura around the two. This would block out the wind and excess snow, as well as generate bit of heat due to the emanating energy.

“How could we help you?” Roy had not let go of Iris yet.

@Shura @SkyGinge @everyone

The sword took in the man's compliments.

"Thank ye...I used to have lungs...a thousand years ago...or was it two? Bah...I lost count."

The man picked Jeeves up,trying to test the sword. He noticed the slight shock right off the bat which Jeeves acknowledged as being heavy.

"Yer gonna hafta excuse me,boyo. Sometimes I eat too much and then I weigh more with a full belley... haha."

He was joking of course. The sword itself could increase its weight at will though. But it was only able to get heavier.

After slashing the air and seeing the cut marks in the snow the man gave Jeeves a 'not bad' look.

"Awwh...not like that. Tighten yer grip,boyo. And don't overswing me. Bad habits like that'll get you killed...now...what's yer name? Or do you prefer 'boyo'?"

@Prizzy Kriyze

Jade dropped from the candy creatures neck into the soft snow as the remaining candy men scattered and her vibrant hair turned black once again. Shaking violently, she replaced the giant lollipop juju with her giant white fork and her colorful outfit swapped places with her casual light blue skirt and tee.

"Golly! I-I-I-I really shouldn't have done that." Jade scolded herself and bonked herself on her head. It was about then that she realized it was freezing cold and that she was dozens of feet away from the amassed group of people who appeared to be digging for something. She wrapped her goose bump decorated arms around herself and swayed to her feet. She could feel the wetness of the snow seeping into her thin sneakers as she trudged towards the group and raised a timid hand to touch the rapidly forming eye bags forming under her darting irises.

She watched as the woman with the mechanical arm blew away the snow without harming the small people beneath. "Hoo hoo that's really something! Ooh, look at these ickle *insert twitch* sweeties!" Jade crouched and poked one of the elves on the cheek.

@DryPunishment

@SkyGinge

Skyre half-cringed-half-smiled at her follow up quip. "You know how sometimes people take a joke too far and you'd just glove them to stop?" he teased back, "I finger, I mean figure that this is one of those times." He chuckled once more, accompanied by a sigh. "I guess we should stop before people die of bad-humour overdose. Ourselves included."

He watched her explain her arm with the eagerness of a kitten watching a toy. He shuddered when her fingers bent back weirdly, he gave the metal a gentle tap when she extended the arm, he laughed again at the trivial reason for her inhuman attachment. It was so mechanical and yet so lifelike. He visualised muscular wiring pulling and tugging like tendons and bone, metal acting as flesh, powered by something remarkable. He couldn't say he wasn't impressed by the ease with which she freed the little men; the effort of drumming up enough wind to clear it would have drained him dry. Some people might have felt intimidated by her masculinity and practicality, but in actuality, Skyre had always found damsels in distress agonisingly simple. For a near-medieval society, Valia was surprisingly forward thinking and not at all patronymic.

"You know, I've never heard somebody speak of losing a limb so casually," he chuckled, "But you're right, it is cool. Very much so." He grinned silently. No doubt she could tell his world was simpler than him and, ever the intellectual, Skyre knew the information he could press from this woman would be fascinating beyond belief. That and she seemed good company.

"How can we help you?" A new couple clad in combat gear had appeared, holding onto each-other like war victims. The cold was clearly hitting them bad, and Skyre almost felt bad telling them the help was finished. "You've arrived a trifle late to the helping party, I'm afraid," he smile sadly, before brightening slightly to nod to Kat, "Little-Miss-Musicbox here did all the dirty work for us." Skyre twirled his hands slightly, the motion unnoticeable giving his entrancing voice and every other factor. Though they would not know it, Skyre had attached to them the same wind blanket as he had constructed for themselves, an invisible force that would slightly help in keeping out the cold's clawing mitts.

A girl he didn't immediately recognise suddenly rushed out to give one of the little men a playful poke. It was a short while before he realised it was the girl with the round stick weapon who had initiated the fight. But how was she able to change her appearance so? Still, they were in her debt, and so Skyre didn't pry to question her. The little men, meanwhile, were gradually regaining energy, a cheery redness returning to their cheeks as they began to pick up their frozen goods and chatter excitedly to one and other. Such was their warmth that Skyre found himself smiling along with their antics.

"Thank you, thank you all!" A slightly more agitated figure than most strode forward and presented himself to Skyre. His handshake was like trapping your hand in a clamp-stand. "If it weren't for you... you heroes, we'd be... erm... unthinkably done-badded! Come! We can't offer you much, but we have a safe house not long from here. We can offer you warmth and shelter, and most importantly, food!" Skyre smiled once more at this, his face ever the beacon of light his fiery hair pretended to be. After all that action, he could happily settle for a good meal and a cosy bed.

"Come, follow us!" The man exclaimed, and with sudden energy, dashed into his crowd of comrades, each of whom chimed in with similar cries of 'Yes, come!' and 'Follow us, heroes!' and 'We will help the heroes!' They were dashing around now with much glee and energy, childlike and simple. After fighting for a kingdom of the dead, being called a 'hero' was a nice touch for Skyre, even if it did feel a little excessive given all they had done was fend off a fairly fragile enemy. He turned and offered a wide shrug to Kat. "I guess we'd better follow them!"

@DryPunishment

@Braxnond

@Shura

@Kininarimasu

@All!

When the box had started to appear out of nowhere, accompanied by a rather loud noise that even broke through the rabble of the nose that had interested Penny before, the slime girl hadn't known what to think, except whatever was appearing could very well be the shelter she had been waiting for. The box would at least be suitable enough to keep her out of the annoying snow, an irritating feature of her surroundings that could potentially become even more deadly if she became to saturated with the water, as that could lead to worsening freeze. Penny tilted her head as she looked at the man, his rather odd garments causing her a small amount of confusion.

However, the manner of his interaction, the politeness was rather endearing to Penny, the nice, and quiet way he spoke somehow easily breaking through the blizzard's inherent noise. However, Penny had to stop herself from jumping the poor man, who looked so delicious, as she fought off the hunger. She was not going to eat any more humans if she could help it, and this person was most definitely a human, so he was off the menu. Nodding her head at the man, liking his idea of going somewhere out of the snow, Penny trudged forward towards him, but whimpered as her foot met snow.

In her excitement to get to the shelter, she had overlooked the main reason she needed to get into a house. The white and pure colored ground hid the underlying danger of the frozen water. Penny shivered as she felt the word Water roll over her tongue, her inner monologue breaking the surface and subconsciously moving her tongue to the way. She had had many bad memories of water being used against her, either police men who had no idea how to kill her, or desperate prey who got lucky.

There had also been some unfortunate slips into the water in the sewer, but that was rare. Now, the deadliness was not rare, and if she wasn't careful she would be just a puddle on the ground, waiting pitifully for either her body to give out completely, or some random food to come by and let her gain nutrients from it. Holding in the pain, Penny made her way over to the kind Doctor, and looked at him and his machine inquisitively. She had heard what he had said, and how he had said it, but she had just realized that he was being rather nice to her, very nice in fact. Fro what she remembered, this was the nicest thing that had ever happened to her, except for that time that other mutant threw a sandwich to her. Oh, what she wouldn't give to see Noah again.

Catching herself mid-self pity, Penny pushed it back, leaving only confusion, before asking the kind Doctor hesitantly, she didn't want to make him mad of course, "W-Why are you h-helping m-me? No-not that I-I do-don't want yo-your help! I-It's just, n-nt many pe-people he-help me wh-where I co-come from." From the way she sounded, he was surely going to think her cold, but in all honesty Penny was nervous, very nervous, and it was only the kindness she had been shown by the Doctor had on his face that stopped her from either eating him, or just destabilizing into a puddle of goop.

@SkyGinge

She grinned and held in a small chuckle when Skyre kept on going. This guy seemed fun.

"I see what you're pointing at..." There we go again. Just as he suggested to stop.

"Okay,okay...I'll stop!" For now!

Two more people appeared from the hills clinging tightly to one another. Were they a couple? Intriguing. They offered to help and when they did Kat glanced back at the empty mould for a moment before smiling widely.

Right as she was about to tell them she'd already done it,Skyre did that instead and referred to Kat as 'Little-Miss-Muiscbox'.

That's new. And little? Last time I checked 6 feet tall girls weren't little. Don't worry...I'll pay you back!

She thought,bringing a smaller smile on her lips.

At the same time a rather normal looking girl made her way to the midgets and poked one. Okay...

Reminding herself a little bit that parallel universes might exist and since this wasn't a dream,nor a prank,hopefully she exclaimed.

"Where are you all coming from? I'm pretty darn sure I'm not in the New California Republic anymore..."

Kat followed behind the small people.

@Braxnond @cloudyblueday I'm still waiting for your reply on Malikah's side))

Iris was extremely grateful for the small but of warmth offered by the vest and hug. The Champion was growing to hate the cold more and more, she just hoped their was a way back to the warm summer weather of Archadia. Anton was going to have a fit if they were gone for too long. She notice Roy starting to glow slightly as they approached the other group sighing softly as the glow enveloped her as well and warmed them up some. Iris couldn't help but worry, the glow was weak so he hadn't used much Nectar but the last thing they needed was for him to get sick on top of being freezing cold.

The redhead scanned over the small gathering curiously wondering if they had been brought here randomly as well before looking over to the group of unearthed small men. She blinked a few times ears perking up in curiosity as she watched the little gathering for a moment wondering what they were. They were diffidently different from the other but seemed fairly cheery and relatively harmless. She looked up to Roy at the call to follow them feeling a bit paranoid about just following the group of strangers into what could be a trap for all she knew. Still the options were limited.

Her emerald gaze shifted to the one referred to as 'little-miss-musicbox' as she spoke. The question confirmed her suspicion that some of them might not be from the snowy wasteland. The location she mention wasn't familiar at all, she had a faint memory of a California somewhere during grade school history but she couldn't remember any kind of details on it. She glanced around the group than up at Roy before speaking up. "We're from Arcadia." She answered watching the rest to see if they showed any kind of recognition of the name. The city was well known for being one of the largest and safest cities left, most other had fallen to ruin years before. Many of the other existing towns which doted the wilds were small and fairly under-developed in comparison.

@Braxnond @DryPunishment @everyoneelse

Sica grabbed a candy snake that was attempting to squeeze the life out of her and place one hand behind its neck and one hand on top of it's head and pulled. It took a little bit of effort given how it stretched a bit but nonetheless it did separate and the head fell to the ground harmlessly as Sica took the body and slung it around her neck like a scarf, it was a good color, so why not? As Sica had gotten the urge to keep shootting she heard the mention of shelter and and for the 'heroes' to follow. Well, Sica did need shelter and she was clearly the hero of the battle that they were talking about, so who was she to deprive them of meeting her?

Sica appeared to be the furthest from the group, so she picked up her pace, last thing she wanted was to get lost in the tundra and run out of power. She finally got close enough when she heard someone mention a place known as 'Arcadia'. Out of habit she attempted to access the military's database again but with the same result as before, connection unavailable. A bit frustrated with herself for trying it again Sica had to ask about the location in question. Sica got within arm's reach of the catgirl and questioned her. "I have never heard of Arcadia, where is it? Is it a planet, a colony or a capital city? Is it on this planet? What species are you? Are you a spliced human? What is that collar you have around your neck?" Sica waited for a response from the catgirl before turning to the 'leader' of the group who mentioned a shelter.

"And you! What planet are we on? How did I get here? Are you associated with the pirates that attempted to capture the Achilles? What were the things we were fighting? Were they natives? Why the sudden offer of Shelter?" Sica crossed her arms waiting for a response from both, her patience was shockingly short right now given the situation, in fact it would have been even shorter at the moment if it weren't for the fact that she had been able to shoot things.

@SkyGinge

@Shura

@Anyoneelse

“Both of these home's of yers be as unfamiliar to me as the space below me belly,” Whiskey chimed, joining the small group of those brave enough to speak. Now that his battle-hunger had been suitably sated, he had the time to finally examine the rest of their strange company. And strange seemed a fitting description indeed, given their complete lack of unity. Whiskey found himself grinning as ever; ever the people's person, a new group of individuals to discover was a pleasant present for the flamboyant captain. Staying as inconspicuous as possible for a six-and-a-half foot hairy giant, he'd been examining them in turn, his mechanical eyepiece's rotations barely recognisable. 'tis quite the exotic encyclopedia I be buildin' up now. Seems I'm paired with these folks for now at least, so 'twould be wise to be polite for now, at least. The wheel of fate be an ever treacherous game however, and a little collected data will never go amiss.

I be Captain Whiskey, I should add,” he explained, not bothering to elaborate now that this was the third time he'd introduced himself, “From the Middle Reaches of the Hexosphere, not that that will be meanin' anything any of y'all.”

“Valia for me,” said Skyre with a sigh,“I was rather hoping that one of you would know what's going on, but it seems we're going to have to wait a little while longer for that precious answer. If anything, our little friends might know something.” Putting their fates in the hands of a company of giggling children... The elves completely ignored the question of the second robotic woman, still jigging and running and chorusing the same cheerful messages.

Skyre and the group followed the little men through the snow on what proved to be a surprisingly short journey. They found themselves travelling very gradually downhill, until eventually they reached what appeared to be a huge crater in the snow, surrounded by a trio of smallish hills. In the middle of the crater was an alpine mansion, an up-scaled mountain hut. Its garnished, dark wood walls looked cleanly and welcoming, verdant and crimson Christmas lights hung from its small, rectangular windows, and there was even a chimney pumping fluffy grey smoke into the evening sky. It was enormous, gigantic, almost as big as a palace, yet somehow appeared much smaller, much more intimate and cosy.

The elves opened up the wide, rounded doors and led into a huge chamber that must have taken up almost half of the entire house. Skyre was at once held by the hand of sudden warmth, and he felt his cheeks blossoming a healthy red as he dropped the windy shields. At the far side was a very long table that extended from one side of the hall to the other. The rest was filled with comfortable leisure space; sofas and armchairs and rugs. There was an open fire at one wall, the flames dancing in a mesmerising trance. All in all it was very homely, and Skyre felt immediately at ease upon entrance.

“Make yourselves at home! Dinner will be promptly soon.” Elvis exclaimed, and then joined his friends in scurrying off down one of the side corridors, which seemed to lead up some stairs to a seemingly endless corridor of compact dormitory’s. Most were still carrying the same strange supplies as before, but others had picked up parts of the fallen Candy Crew soldiers. Skyre smiled as he watched them disappear. Just what were they up to?

@DryPunishment @Godman873 @ALL!!!!!!!!

~~

“Humans are terrified of the unknown,” the Doctor smiled whimsically, “Turn out the lights in a familiar room and they dream up all sorts of nightmares in the place of the light. Some people are even too scared to draw up the courage to undertake a friendly chat at a bus-stop.” He held his smile, and turned to open the doors to his miraculous machine. “I believe there shouldn't need to be a definitive reason for lending a helping hand. Now, let's get you out of the cold, shall we?”

@DamagedGlasses

Jane smiled weakly at Mali as she introduced herself. Really, everything was sort of hazy in her brain as she tried to figure out where she was. It was really confusing to wake up in a place you didn't know with a bunch of weirdo people. At least she had Joey. He wasn't one to comfort, but he was comforting her anyway by just being here with her.

"Nice to meet you, Mali. And you too, Princess Luna." Jane smiled at the young girl with cat ears who claimed herself to be a princess. Well, she looked young enough to be able to do so. Jane watched as a large number of the people that were here fought off some candy-shaped people. Jane wasn't really much of a fighter, so she stayed behind and watched. She did not let go of Joey for a long time, who seemed to be staring at something as usual.

Joey had his eyes on the talking sword and whoever was wielding it. It was big, the sword, and Joey was quite drawn to it. He couldn't help but wonder if he would get the chance to wield it.

As the battle was won, a few men appeared and thanked all the people that had helped slay the candy creatures. Hands were shaken and they asked them to follow, to reward them. Jane didn't feel like she deserved a reward, but she was cold and hungry and tired..

"I guess we should go, then." Jane smiled and nodded at Mali and Luna as they began to walk towards the grotto.

@DryPunishment @The Dark Princess

(I'll just make a post to bring us up to date. Send me a message if I'm overstepping my boundaries @DryPunishment )

Erasmus charged up the hill with the sword tightly gripped in his hands, only to find that the fighting was over, and a group of people had seemingly all engaged in the cannibalization of their fallen opponents corpses. Erasmus was about to attack the corpse-eating people, figuring if they were cannibals they'd probably eat him too, but stopped when he got a closer inspection on the fallen ones' corpses. They were made out of... Candy? "Now this don't make a lick of sense. These boys are made out of confections!" He kneeled down next to a chunk of a previous soldier and touched the gooey inside with the tip of his left hands' middle and index fingers, then brought the fingers to his mouth. "... Tasty confections at that..." He added. He felt guilty for a moment, eating fallen opponents, but quickly realized that it was little different from slaying a beast and eating it.

He looked at the seemingly sentient sword. "I'm Erasmus. You'll have to 'scuse me. I ain't used to introducing myself to swords." He was about try to and sheath the sword through one of his own swords, when he realized he didn't carry a sheath for it. "Oh, not sure what I'll do with ya then." He thought aloud, before looking up at Rem. "Hey girl. Hold onto this for me, would ya?" He raised the large sword above his head to the girl. He was getting second thoughts about this sword entirely. While the sword's efficiency was undoubtable, Erasmus had spent all of his professional years dual wielding lighter blades, so he was better with speed rather than simple stopping power. He sighed to himself, and then grabbed a large piece of a gingerbread man off of the ground. "Want some?" He offered the girl.

He overheard a couple of the nearby conversations, and gathered that it seemed as if everyone was from "different universes" or something. It didn't make much sense to him, so he asked the girl on his shoulders. "What's that mean? We're from different "universes", huh?". He followed the stream of people who were in turn following the small men.

(Feel free to describe them entering the mansion.)

Kat followed the lead of the small people which she should very much call elves because this all seemed so christmas themed it reeked of pine trees.

She noticed the other people came from different places and even the green-eyed cat-woman said she heard about California when she was younger. Kat couldn't help but wonder what happened.

She noticed a few other people behind her group. Two of them looked like normal people as the other woman looked like a weird combination of a desert traveler and a pirate with two big curved swords,but she didn't say anything.

As they arrived she thought about the possibility of Santa Claus jumping out from a corner. Kat approached Skyre and asked him.

"Have you been good or naughty this year?"

@cloudyblueday @The Dark Princess

Iris jumped slightly when the strange pink haired girl came up beside her, she was naturally jumpy due to what she did for a living. She stared at the woman for a moment noticing a particular sheen to her… well everything. She looked more machine than human which made her curious. Prosthetics existed in Arcadia which she considered to be advanced but it was nothing compared to the person/robot in front of her. She tilted her head slightly ears perched forward curiously.

“Arcadia is on earth, a city but not really sure if would be considered a capital. I’m not a spliced human, I’m just human. Collar is for communication” She replied before realizing ‘just human’ might mean a different thing for these people than it did for her and Roy. She kept details about them low since she wasn’t even sure if they could be trusted. Saying she had a tracker and various other functions on the collar might lead to issues later on.

She said close to Roy as they made the trek through the snow. When the mansions came into view it stood out brightly compared to everything else and was admittedly very pretty. The smoke escaping from the chimney interested her more than anything because that meant warmth. Upon entering the building her eyes scanned around quickly drawn to the lights and colors with in the room. It reminded her of the inner city bursting with life and colors. Trying to keep up with here there was always a mission for Roy and Anton. As the warmth replaced the chill of outside a oft sighed escaped her grateful to be out of the cold.

The man charged into battle with the girl on his shoulders and Jeeves into his hands. What a weird situation.

"Oy...where's the battle at? CHAAAAAAAAARGEEE!" The sword shouted seemingly at nothing. The battlefield was smeared with sugary goods like baked goods...and jelly snakes and cady canes and Oh me goodness is this candyland?

After they all noticed that the fight was over the sword sighed.

The man introduced himseld as 'Erasmus' just and he tried to sheath Jeeves. Woah woah woah...no dinner?

After he realized there was no sheath for Jeeves,Erasmus passed on the sword to the girl.

"I'm Jeeves! Blackbone! The J is silent."

Erasmus was talking about different worlds or...universes?

"Err...Erasmus...you mean I ain't in Ringarok? Hmmm...awkward."

@Goddess @Prizzy Kriyze

"Erm... that's not a question I'm particularly accustomed to..." mused Skyre, who of course knew nothing of Christmas tradition, "Good on the whole, I suppose, though all of us have a little naughty in us." Certainly haven't massacred an entire kingdom of innocent villagers, like a certain evil darkness lord. Ever the thinker, Skyre crossed his arms and cast his mind back to his days at the University of Wind Magic, of all the little bad things that had since been completely outshadowed by society's brutal demise. His young face suddenly turned very sad, before he blinked out of it to smile back at Kat.

"Any particular reason for such a sudden question on morality?" he asked?

@DryPunishment

Kat noticed his sudden worry. He looked geniunely worried now and she couldn't help but feel a little bad for having him turn so sad with a seemingly innocent question.

Now she was sure that Skyre had no idea of what this place could have been.

"Tradition I suppose...I think I might know what this place represents...where I am from,once a year...on the 25th of december to be more precise...a big,rounded man with red cheeks,a great gray beard and red and white clothes carries a sack of gifts for every child in the world. He travels in a sled pulled by flying reindeers and in one night he puts a gift under everyone's christmas tree...the very next day the children rush to see what Santa brought them. Good children get more or less what they want and the naughty ones get a piece of coal. Christmas is about happiness and being with the ones you care about...and giving to those who are unfortunate. That's why I asked."

She smiled throughout her explanation of Christmas. Kat talked with Skyre as with a very dear friend,mainly because she remembered all the wonderful times she spent with her family on Christmas as a child. At times she looked away for a moment smiling and sighed softly.

"Those times are long gone for me...I barely get to meet my parents anymore...what about yours, Little-Mister-Windy-Ginger?"

Kat looked back at him and grinned.

Told you I'd get my payback!

@SkyGinge

Sica frowned as her second series of question were completely ignored. Her annoyance rose as she noticed her other questions were being answered. Arcadia was on earth? That couldn't possibly be correct, there was no record of a city under the name of Arcadia on earth. Sica eyed the catlike person suspiciously. "You don't seem to be 'just human', you seem to be a bit more than that are you in trouble with the law? Is that why you're not being specific?" Sica wouldn't put it beyond them to be in trouble with the law like most splicers were. Splicing was illegal on many planets to begin with and most took advantage of any gained abilities to break the laws even further. She took a step closer to the woman and took on a serious attitude for a brief moment. "Because if you are-" She paused letting it sink in. "Because I completely understand, laws are soooo annoying!" Sica said her synthesized voice briefly struggling with such a quick change in tone from seriousness to friendly.

@Shura

Skyre listened intently, smiling softly to himself. It all seemed so very alien to him, but he managed to piece it all together from what he did understand. Foreign world, foreign customs, but it's still touching. And the warmth of the place and similar warmth of Kat's heartfelt explanation helped to bring that across.

Playfully batting away her comeback gag with a flick of the eyebrows, he began his own tale. "As you anticipated, that's all very strange to me, but it sounds wonderful. Actually, it reminds me of a similar tradition back in Valia. We called it 'Whrifjakelm', a word from the ancient language of magic meaning 'The Winter Harvest'. I have so many fond memories, I..." He paused, the words lingering painfully on his tongue. It wasn't the memories themselves that got him, rather the thought that they'd probably never get to enjoy those same festivities in quite that way again. The fact that all the people that featured in the memories that were now nothing more than distant dreams, all of them dead. All of them gone.

For all the pain he and his fellow survivors had endured, Skyre was pretty good at holding things together. His glistening emerald eyes looked jaded and glazed for a short while, but he blinked away the pain and continued. "Legend has it that back in the old days, there was a fantastic ice mage by the name of Frostfyorn. This was in the days when magic was outlawed, so usually he'd have been shunned away, maybe even burnt for his so-called crimes. But one winter, things were looking seriously bad in the food stocks. So the king decided to send out some of the royal guard to deliver extra supplies.

"On the night the supplies were supposed to launch, there was a terrible blizzard, and the entire island was covered in thick layers of snow, rather like the landscape out there, I imagine. The knights were stopped dead in their tracks. And then, enter Frostfyorn. The legend says that Frostfyorn took the food and undertook a long journey whereby he used his ice magic to spread the food across and effectively save the kingdom. In addition to that, he used his own supplies that he'd been hoarding in hiding. People have made up all-sorts of fantasies about how exactly he did it. Some say a chariot of ice, some travelling using giant ice-rainbows, but the message rings true and warm... rang strong and true year upon year. The story of a repressed hero offering the utmost kindness to a kingdom who had heartlessly rejected him."

Skyre's beautiful voice couldn't have been better suited for telling such a tale. "The actual formalities seem remarkably similar to Christmas. People gave gifts, saved up supplies to feast as the people had. Ice magicians always put on a show, and children have fun re-enacting the more elaborated version. It was good." He was quiet for a while, and then turned to face her dead on, something he rarely did. "My parents are dead. They died along with pretty much everybody else in my kingdom. By the blades of creatures beyond all nightmares." A smile returned slowly to his features. "But let us not dilute these festivities with tales of distant tragedy."

"The truth of the actual story is unknown, but seems unlikely given modern knowledge of magic," he explained, tactfully changing the subject away from the pain he so hated to dwell on, "After all, my people pretty much live off of legend and myth. It's almost as great a commodity as food and drink to us. Like a good hero's tale, us Valians." A small pause, then a question: "Are there any more Christmas traditions you know of, Kat? I'd love to hear them."

@DryPunishment

Hm?" Rem held out her hands as she hugged the blade close. Looking at the sword she stared at it for a few before poking it in the mouth , the rubbing down the sword. "It...I mean your soft. I thought swords were rusty. Jeeves was it? Rem Bell Myers. I haven't talked to a sword in all my life , till now. " Rem looked around the battlefield as she watched the other begin to follow a heard of little elves. Turning her head toward his question she nodded as she grabbed a piece. "Thank you." Taking a bite she swung her little legs as she enjoyed the sweet taste of the cookie men, they may have been evil but thy tasted nothing like it. "Were from different universes , say you were in one universe, I'm in the universe within your universe just eons away from you. Perhaps were on the same belt where are universes co-exist but its unknown to us. I can't really break it all down, since the universe is not easy to understand." Rem looked down at him as her hood fell off, her purple hair falling in front of her eyes. "Though I don't hate that this happened."

@DryPunishment

(I'll post another one when I get home, don't have time)

Roy could not believe how many questions this woman had been asking.

Staring at the cybernetic female for a moment, Roy would ultimately decide that she was bothersome. A majority of whatever came out of her mouth next would be ignored with ease. Taking his arm from Iris, he smiled to her and turned from the two - it was apparent that one was having a conversation with the other (or at least trying to) and Roy had begun to feel slightly sick. The aura faded as he walked out of those very same doors belonging to the mansion that the group had walked in through. Once he got outside the cold hit him once more; though, it did not matter, especially given what was about to happen.

He stuck close to the wall, moved a few feet from the door and then found his knees hitting the ground. This was always the fun part. Stomach acid once more found its way out of his mouth, but in a tiny amount; an enormous amount of pressure was being put on his head. His stomach was performing somersaults also, but it would pass like always. Once he felt that he was not squeamish, the rest of the side effects of using such a minimal amount of nectar would be a cakewalk to handle as opposed to the normal sickness he underwent after use.

When he finally walked back inside, Roy did not look like a happy camper. Probably because he was not. Nobody would be, given his condition.

Everyone was from different places, apparently. Roy certainly had never seen these people before. If they had a home which was not his, then after all was said and done, everyone would find their way back - never to see each other again. What was the point of Roy getting close to a bunch of people who he would never have to deal with afterwards? It seemed like a waste of time to be a part of nice formalities given the circumstance.

@Shura

Crimson ears twitched slightly as conversations of winter festivities and traditions were shared. They sounded similar to what they celebrated in Arcadia just with different names and legends. Winter was always a lull in the large city, hunting season was off so there weren't as many celebrations. There would be the occasional event towards the beginning and end but there wasn't much that happened in the middle.

The Champions attention was pulled away from the reminiscing of others when she noticed Roy had yet to enter. She frowned worried over the brunet. She turned to head back outside when she spotted Roy enter with a fairly displeased look. It wasn't really surprising considering his usual reaction to line. The only saving grace in this case was that he used very low doses instead of a full one. She shifted next to him emerald eyes reflecting concern for her partner.

"Hey, are you okay?" She asked. she knew what the answer would be but felt the need to ask regardless. She remembered there being mention of food and hoped that when it finally arrived ti would bring up another bout of nausea for him.

Offering a small smile Iris glanced to the rest of the people gathered in the hall.

"Looks like we're not the only one lost... they don't seem like a bad crowd though..." she muttered trying to be positive.

Roy was anti-social at best, so she knew mingling wasn't something he would do unless it involved tactics or a way out. Unlike per partner Iris had more of a curious nature so she the others interested her and the chance to learn about other places and abilities outside of Arcadia was very tempting. She hadn't gotten much of a chance to talk with the robotic girl but she figured when things calmed down she could ask some questions of her own.

@Braxnond

Man that icy wizard seemed like a nice guy...kinda like Santa Claus. Skyre had asked about other traditions there were for Christmas.

"Well...it usually falls on people...there's basic traditions we follow and then there's family specific traditions. Also if you stand under a mistletoe with someone else it means the two of you need to kiss!"

She said smiling widely.

"Also...aside from the Christmas tree we decorate every year we also put socks up on the chimney,put lights on our houses,bring out the good old santa with a missing eyeball waving at everyone yelling 'ho ho ho' in a jolly manner...and plenty of other stuff."

Kat forgot that the gauntlet was no longer needed so she detached it from her arm and folded it into a more compact device.

After that she proceeded to put it in her backpack.

"Also where I come from Santa Claus doesn't exist,but his spirit does. It lives on in everyone. Sadly,most of them only show it when Christmas hits the calendars."

@SkyGinge

Users who are viewing this thread

Back