• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Silent Lotus (Avatar Roleplay) CLOSED!

Retro Nova

I'm okay with being average <3

Republic_City_alley.png

In a world so harsh and void of balance, evil and it's counterparts slowly begin to take over. Good men and woman turn to crime to put food on the table. Criminal organizations have taken over entire cities as they use force and fear to get their way. The feud between benders and no benders, although not publicly shown is still felt. Within a world so broken everyone looks to the Avatar for help. But although the Avatar is the most powerful person on the planet. They are just that. One person. So a secret vigilante organization was formed to assist the people of the world in their time of need. For a small fee of course. Nothing is free.

Our characters will be a group of benders and non bender (4-5) called "The Silent Lotus". As a group we will take jobs from people who wish for us to protect them, resolve issues, etc. The leader of The Silent Lotus is Xan. (my OC).

Last edited:

IMG_20180812_155559.jpg
Xan starred blankly out of the second story window of the compound. He frequently liked to watch the people of Republic City go about their days. For some reason watching the children grow and the flowers bloom everyday gave him a sense a peace. A sense that the world keeps living on even in the face of adversity. The crew was relaxing after a long two week mission in Ba Sing Se, the reward for which was hefty and well earned. In the process Xan sustained a pretty bad leg injury that left him with second degree burns around his ankle. It's hard to find a healer these days that doesn't charge an arm and a leg and six teeth for even the most mundane injuries. He sipped his tea, it was room temperature and he hated it but he doesn't like to waste so he pushed through it.

He turned to see the rest of the Silent Lotus doing their own things. He hadn't finished dibbing out the money from the mission yet and he didn't want the others to get irritable. He pushed himself up in an attempt to make it to the other side of the room where the money was kept in a locked box, but he slipped and fell to the floor. He winced in pain and let out a frustrated grown.

Lina Inverse Lina Inverse SRUNewman SRUNewman sunshine and whiskey sunshine and whiskey Cheshire Coat Cheshire Coat

Last edited:
Exhausted.

That was the feeling she had at this moment and time because they were just coming off of a two-week mission in Ba Sing Se. She hasn't been paid for the mission quite yet and wonders if the others got paid as her eyes trailed around the room, seeing Xan up and looking out the second story window. Peme turned over on her sigh with a sigh then raised up as she sat on the edge of her cot now. Peme had missed the days at Ba Sing Se where she would run around, train with others or just simply hang out. Being apart of The Silent Lotus was not an easy task but yet, she still remained by their side and wasn't going to give up so easily.

At those thoughts, she groaned a little, really unable to move because she was hit a little too hard in a fight. It was then that she tried to stand but it was hard at first then after a few more attempts, she was upright then heard a noise behind her. Peme quickly turned around and seen Xan on the ground as she ran over towards him. "Oh, my goodness. Are you okay?" Of course, he wasn't okay but yet and still, she asked.

Peme bent down to help Xan up and helped him walk to a nearby chair so that he could sit. "We need to find you a healer and fast." She commented while wrapping a cold towel around his ankle, hoping to soothe his burns somewhat. At this moment, she did not really know what to say but she did want to ask about their payment. Peme held her tongue for now until she knew if Xan was well to walk on his own.

Retro Nova Retro Nova

Ren was relaxing a bit gain lost energy from the past mission. He had fallen asleep dreaming of fun times and long lost friends. Every since he joined the Lotus he hasn't really made many friends outside of the group. He wakes up to the sound of a thud and sees Xan on the floor and Peme helping him up "Oh geez." Ren gets up and walks over to Xan and Peme. "Shes right you really need to see someone about that." He paced the room a bit wanting to get out but knowing he had to stay a bit longer. Once he got his gold he would need to make a stop to the temple to give his master they money he allocates to the temple so more benders can train there in piece. He takes out 3 wooden balls and starts juggling them around to calm himself. If there was one thing he never learned well in the temple it was the art of meditation. Once he calms a bit he sits back down.

IMG_20180812_155559.jpg
Xan turned bright red. He hated being waited on and feeling helpless. He grabbed Peme's arm reluctantly and let her guide him. He took their words to heart but knew that any healer, especially a good one would upcharge as they pleased to heal the burn. It would most likely cost his entire portion of the reward and some. The only thing option he could think of was the sacred healing water that was given to him by his late boyfriend Zell. He was a very skilled waterbender that help his mother run their healing hut back in the Southern Water Tribe. Zell wanted nothing to do with Xan after he heard of what he did to the man that killed Xan's sister. He didn't believe in such things and told him from the beginning if he went through with it they were done. He kept the water in a glass flask hidden on within a crack in the all.
"Ren." He mustered. "Go over that bookshelf and move it over, behind that should be a large crevasse. Could you grab what's inside and bring it to me please?" He asked. He hated that he had to give away his hidey hole but he knew he'd find another.

Lina Inverse Lina Inverse SRUNewman SRUNewman sunshine and whiskey sunshine and whiskey Cheshire Coat Cheshire Coat

Peme continued to soothe the wound that was on Xan's ankle. She knew that he hated being waited on but with an injury like his, you just have to go with it sometimes. Her eyes went from Xan for a brief moment as she looked behind her. Ren was up and agreed with Peme about Xan's injury and him seeing a healer really soon. "Oh. Rest well, Ren?" She asked towards the Airbender before she raised a slight brow up when Xan directed Ren to go and grab something from over where the bookshelf was that had to be moved. Honestly, she hoped to herself that it was their payments so she could go out and do a little shopping for the others and herself. "What is it, Xan?" Peme could not help but ask, eyes locked on Ren as he started to bring whatever was behind that bookshelf over to Xan.

Retro Nova Retro Nova SRUNewman SRUNewman

Zhiruo sat in the corner of the room, idly watching Peme helping Xane as there really wasn't anything else to do. For a brief second, she considered offering to help Xane treat his injury. After all, she had learned a great deal of home remedies for burns during her training to become a lavabender. But after thinking about it for a short while, she decided against it arguing that if he hadn't let a healer take a look at it by now then it probably wasn't anything serious. Sure, they could be a bit expensive but if you valued your money more than your health, you kind of deserved a bit of pain. It wasn't like money was an issue either, as they should have gotten their reward for the last mission by now. So Zhiruo just leaned back in her chair and stared at the ceiling instead.

Ren heard Xan's request and as soon as he was asked Ren got up and went to the bookshelf. He wasn't really sure what he needed but honestly Ren didn't really care. He was hoping to see his master soon and have a little fun at the temple so the sooner he helps Xan the sooner he can go out to the city. "Will do Xan, so whats behind this bookshelf anyways." He gets to the bookshelf and pushes on it once its out of the way. He grabs whats behind it and goes over to Xan. "Whats so important you had to hide it."

IMG_20180812_155559.jpg
Xan turned to the group who were puzzled by his request. "It's silly but it's special healing water. I wanted to save it for sentimental purposes but I suppose it's time to move on." He explained. Xan would never tell the others but he didn't want anyone to know about the water because he'd have to explain where or more importantly who it came from. More than half of whatever Xan makes in the group goes to his mother who he's not even sure is still clean and Zell who hasn't returned any of Xan's letters. His mother was anything but a mother to him growing up but you can't turn your back on the only family you have left. All he could hope was that she was at least eating well. Xan reached into his pocket and took out a small brass key. He unlocked the box and there were 5 sacks equally sized within. "Here everyone, you've earned it." He said as he set the box on the nearby table.

Her ears twitched as she turned away from Xan again and seen that Zhiruo was stirring about now. It seemed like the team had finally rested well enough to start getting back to their normal state to get their day started. She looked towards Ren whenever he spoke towards Xan about what was behind the bookshelf then continuously looked at him as he came over and handed Xan the item. When Xan explained what it was, Peme looked up towards with a concerned look plastered upon her face. "Need some help, Xan?" She hated to ask him that because of the type of person he was but she really wanted to make sure he could do it himself. When he unlocked the box that contained their earnings from the last mission, Peme made sure Xan was okay before waltzing over towards the box and grabbing a sack.

"Alright. I am going into town to grab a few items for us." She informed them while she got ready to head out. "Anyone want to tag along?" Peme asked towards the group, standing at the doorway to see if anyone was willing to go with her.

Following heavy footsteps, Ayasha dodged around Peme in the doorway as he jogged into the room. "Oh, hey, Pennè, I forgot ta get my gold!" He slid to a stop by the chest, tossing a satchel of coin into his bag. "That bartender got MAD when I didn't pay, whoo boy. I reaaally should go pay that guy. Or i could just go to a different bar. hmmm..." Ayasha shifted into a mumbled string of nothing before his attention snapped back, quickly looking Xan up and down, catching the tail end of his explanation. "Yo Xanny boy, if that H2O's got some kinda mojo like you said, why don't you just sell it and have Lavagirl check out your leg? She did wonders for my back when a fire bender bandit grilled me..auhh..." Ayasha squinted his eyes, looking off balance. "...uhhh. Nevermind, the sneeze never came. But yeah Zhiruo's got the stuff for burns. My back was good in two days, or something. Or just tough it out. But that sounds like some 'sclusive potion, why use it now? You've been through worse." He pulled out a flask and took a swig. "Anyway, do whatcha want." he turned back for the door, asking Peme as he walked by, "So, where are we going exactly?"

IMG_20180812_155559.jpg
Xan was disgusted at the sight of Ayasha. If he wasn't such a skilled and valuable member of the team Can would have cut him loose months ago. Xan nearly vomited from the overwhelming smell of alcohol that was coming from Ayasha. He hated to admit that he made any sort of sense. Zhiruo was knowledgeable in healing and although Xan hated feeling helpless and weak he thought it best to let her do it and save the elixir for another day. "I... suppose it would be best." He muttered. "Zhiruo, stay with me, we will catch up with them later. I'm no use to anyone like this, forgive me if I'm being a bother." He mumbled. "I will compensate you for your time."

Last edited:
Peme was nearly knocked to her feet by Ayasha, who had just entered the room. The stench of alcohol filled the room now and she raised her hand to fan away the smell from around her. Hearing Ayasha's words, she shook her head and rolled her eyes while stepping a little further away from the door. "So much for trying to keep a low profile," Peme said towards Ayasha but wanted everyone to hear what she had just said. She continued to watch Ayasha and listen to him as he honestly seemed like he was drunk off of his ass right now. 'shameful.' She had thought to herself while listening to him even more. When Ayasha came back near her, she held her breath because of the overwhelming aroma of alcohol and god only knows what else filling her nostrils now. Peme looked at Ayasha as she gave him a gentle push so that he'd go through the doorway and she'd follow him, closing the door behind her. "I was thinking about going to the market. I am not sure if I can have takeout again." She spoke bluntly. Peme did not bother to ask Ayasha where he was going as he made it quite clear earlier. She felt a little bad for him because he was a drunkard. "Come with me to the market and I'll go with you to the bar?' She questioned towards him as Peme waited for his response as they reached the outside now.

Ayasha slowed his pace to match his tentative companion's. "That sounds like a fair trade to me, yep." He rubbed his chin for a second, thoughts clearly racing. "Tell you what, let's grab whatever we need at the market and make a bet;" he turned to her with a half grin. "I hear there's some kinda shop here that sells some crazy stuff, like, I hear he has this crazy chunk of space metal, and I'm thinking I wanna get my hands on it. We race to see who gets it first; if I get it, you have ta drink with me tonight. If you get it... How about I go sober for a week?" His eyes glinted with the thrill of what he just proposed. "It's a good bet, yeah? I swear I'll keep my end if you do."

Zhiruo simply shrugged when Xan suggested that she stayed behind with him. "Don't worry about it, I don't mind." She replied. It wasn't like she had anything better to do and she'd gladly help a friend in need. She slowly got up from the floor and walked towards Xen, before carefully grabbing and inspecting his foot. "Luckily, it looks like it isn't too serious." She declared after a few minutes passed. "Just wrap some bandages soaked in honey around it and you'll be good as new in a couple of days or two." After throwing a quick glance at the burn just to make sure her diagnosis were correct, Zhiruo confidently nodded her head to confirm that she hadn't been mistaken. "Of course, you could always visit a healer if you don't have the patience."
Retro Nova Retro Nova

Ren was a bit relieved to have gotten paid. He was ready to spend some time with the new benders, he knew there was this one girl that was a little younger than him she was close to getting her tattoos. He was saving up a bit to ask her on a date. He knew he wasn't really allowed to have a relationship especially with another monk but honestly times are different and he was hoping this would be fine. He did get one foot out of the door before he realized Xan was still injured and he wanted to make sure Xan was okay. "Xan are you going to be okay i can stay a bit if you like."

qzayl_by_kaifuu-d7zafpj.png Mia Hinari
Interaction: Open
Mentioned: N/A

Taking look at what the stall was offering in terms of food, Mia was more or less, underwhelmed. In no way were they fresh, but she didn't exactly have the right to be pick about it, so picking up two kebabs, for a fairly cheap price. She thanked the vendor, before stepping away to wander a bit more. She hasn't been there in the city for long, two weeks give or take, and while she was doing fine, she already missed home. The tension here was no something that she had expected, despite the stories she's heard from her brother. Not to mention she wasn't quiet use to the warmer weather, and so some of her clothing wasn't exactly suitable. Speaking of which, she should probably get into buying some more, she often found herself sticking out like a sore thumb. Well, actually, not really. Mia was just being a bit dramatic.

After a few minutes of walking, Mia found a place to sit. The meat was tough, and didn't have much flavor, but it worked for a quick snack. However, that was tossed out of her thoughts fairly quickly as she spotted two childern in the corner of her eye. One was limping, and the older one was doing her best to try and help him, but she didn't know what she was doing. "Hey!" She called over, getting their attention. The older girl quickly turned, a brief look of fear on her face. "What happened?"

"Some older kids hurt my brothers foot," The girl answered quietly, watching Mia stand up and walk over to them. The young woman then handed the other kebab to the young boy, who took it. Mia sat down infront of him, gently touching around his foot and ankle, watching his reaction. He squrimed, and bit his lip as he began to whimper. His sister balled her fist.

"Its not broken, but it's gonna get worse without treatment," Mia said, grabbing the flask from off her belt. The young girl was about to explain how they didn't have any money, but she very quickly realized what Mia was doing. She opened it, pouring a small amount of water out into her palms. The water began to glow softly, and swirl as she put it to the boys ankle. "This will take a few minutes, but it should fix it," She paused, "And yes you can eat that." The childern looked at each other, then to Mia, before they began to share their snack, watching Mia work. Of course, this was gonna draw some attention, but hey, she wasn't just gonna not do anything.

IMG_20180812_155559.jpg
Xan let out a disappointed sigh. He had hoped it would be quicker than a couple of days for the burn to heal. After a brief thought he turned to Zhiruo. "I can't be down that long. I appreciate your diagnosis, but I think it'd be best if we go ahead and look for a healer in town. I'll just need something to use as a crutch. I'll accompany you and Ren." He declared. He'd hoped to.not run into Ayasha in the meantime. "I'm fine Ren. Thank you." He replied. Xan pushed himself up and sat on the desk. He picked up his sack of gold and looked inside. The only thought we of his mother and what he could only images the life Zell wae carrying on. He closed the bag and slipped it under his large scarf.
Alveolar Exchanged Alveolar Exchanged FireMaiden FireMaiden Lina Inverse Lina Inverse SRUNewman SRUNewman sunshine and whiskey sunshine and whiskey Cheshire Coat Cheshire Coat

Blue empyrean... no, not entirely blue, but actually pale blue with a hint of purple, indigo, per say. Thousands of stars, scattered across the brightening sky. Motionless waves of sand, giving a feeling of being in the center of a large, empty ocean. A single hooded figure, making his way on a whirlwind of sand. To be fair, Hayate did look like the spirit of desert, as he was nicknamed by Asu, his guardian in the tribe. And as much as he indingated such comparison, he did seem to like it. His gaze drifted aimlessly, examining blunt sand for any trace of danger. His armour, light as wind and hard as rock, glided along, as he progressed to the border of the desert, trying to reach Empire City.

Why Empire City? Following the fall of monarchy in the Earth Kingdom, although it had some positive effects to it, it was devastating to local welfare. Small cities slowly fell to anarchy, and even desolated desert communities were affected, as tribal men had to learn to protect their home. Hayate... was the one affected personally, and that's a story for another day, but because of that he ended amid the tribes. He had to learn the fight, and, not even knowing about the earthbending, he learned to bend the sand. Endless sand was easier to manipulate, being felt like... something in between water and air. It had some matter in it, reminding of earth, but without enough earth to compare, it seemed corresponding to air and water.
He shrugged off his thoughts, returning to the main question - why was he fleeing to another country? Among the tribesmen (and the merchants who went between the mainland and the desert) was knowledge about the riches of the United Republic. After the Avatar Korra resolved a number of local conflicts, it beamed like a gem in this miserable rebellious land. It was lady hope for many, but not all of them knew how to cross the desert, and not all of them were able to make it through the Northern Provinces.

What made Hayate think he'd make it? Sheer luck, knowledge of sandbending and a mask, resilient to gases. Charming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back