• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Shinobi's Path [Shinobigami RP] [CLOSED]

(OOC: And this dear chaps is why I never write solos. I hate talking to myself (BECAUSE I TALK TO MYSELF ALL THE TIME) SHHH I we don’t talk about that here!

In all seriousness: I rolled dice, he rolled a 8 and Joseph a 9: Joseph did connect, but mystical things happened. WOooooowooooowoooooo. Even though he used a Ogami, Joseph wasn’t smart enough to figure it out.

edit CENSORSHIP HOOOO)

Joseph couldn’t turn though the shadow loomed past him through the neon lights, only the fellow was short, no taller than 150 cm and was quite slender, and had bright ginger hair pouring out of the back of his visor, armour as black as night with red trim that sectioned off his body. Despite his mysterious appearance he was gruff, heavily accented and a gobby shi- fellow! Everything a ninja shouldn’t be. His hands twirled two stark steel blades as he paced idly back and fourth as the gentle spider lights of his helm gleamed.  For better or worst however Joseph couldn’t see anything more but the shadow that loomed behind him. The light that shone into the sheldered construction site made darkness darker.

“I expected someone ta come after tha’ incident, but never expected someone of ya” He paused to fumble for the meaning the shadow rolled his head, Joe’s frown darkened as he felt for the reassuring haft of the umbrella. “Nationality ta show up. Just call me M, so now, ya clearly no asian, so ya tell me who sent ya-“

“Your fly is open.”

“Eh?”

The momentary hesitation in his voice was all Joe needed and he twirled and launched the umbella, the unfolding frame blocked the ninja’s view and first projectile as the crimson blur vaulted over the umbrella, a curved wakazaki hissed into his hand as he landed, a fresh knife flew toward him as the ginger ninja drew more.

-Step 1-

The first practiced step closed the distance in full hop as the tender touch of his blade knocked knife aside, then he was there, his first swing tasted air as the ninja narrowly vaulted away. The second step was even faster Joe pounced after him to cut him off, his blade spun high to clash into the ninja, his progress hindered only by the dagger that shattered under the blow, the force of the blow catapulted the diminutive fellow away from him and he paused to catch a large object, seemingly leave the ninja find his footing as his glance turned to his cracked blade.

“Ahhh! If ya think runnin’ really fast is ment ta impress me, ya sho-*thunk*” Joseph pelted the object right into the ninja’s face, the ninja grasped for it, with his metallic stump it slid down dramatically to land at it’s feet “You dropped this. Considering you didn’t notice that, I would have to guess you were Scottish; too pissed to know ya been hit.” The ninja glanced down at the dismembered limb, to the clean stump, “Oh, tha’? Just a model.” then back to Joe, his visor lights formed a raised eyebrow. “Ya want me ta say ow or somethin’? If that’s all you got, ya gotta be joking.”

Joeseph’s tensed under the mask as he tossed the now useless blade over his shoulder; with a yank of the trailing chain the umbrella flew into his outstretched palm and with a grunt drew a great bastard sword from it’s sheath before letting the hollow instrument fall behind him, it’s great slivery blade reached over a meter and a half in length as he began to advance toward the iron clad ninja, the blade’s unnaturaly keen edge refracted the soft lights as it swayed in his casual right arm.

“Woah laddy, you be over compensa-“

“I don’t know how you found out my name, but this time I’ll cut your tongue out you found.”

“You must be British then; minimal wit, all tongue and nu action ‘n’ a dodgy internet history. Ya search step sister often?”

“And you must be Scottish, so pissed you’re a hand down and you didn’t even notice.”

“Well ya should knuw laddie that a man can do a lot of things one handed. Now I’mma serious, slapping a bitch like ya will only take one.”

“Shut up midget.”

*Click wurrrr*

The aura of the ninja suddenly changed as a round cylinder tube protruded from his head (nope, not a dick) and his visor snapped shut, accompanied by little prongs popped out of his armour as the air around him rippled with static as the ninja finally began to stroll forward, his step slow and causal as he twirled the long blade between his fingers. Joseph eyed his target yet aside from the gentle hum and crackle saw no change; was he waiting for him to strike? Or stalling? Joe edged back as he twirled the bastard sword between alternating hands, an action that grated against his petty little pride. Something about the ninja now made him uneasy, the sudden surge in confidence didn’t match his state seemed to contradict.

“Wha’s the matter lad? Ya all strength and no speed? If ya aren’t makin’ a move, I kinda got a dinnar date I don’t wanna keep waiting.“

Joe snapped with a growl, with a sudden surge he catapulted forward as his blade wiped forward, M twitched backward, the sudden pivot lead the blade to fall short that he exploited with a wide slash only to find the air empty as Joe twisted clear. With a grunt Joe heaved his body follow the mometium of his first swing into a blinding downward arc that cut through the ninja into the ground, the concrete cracked under the force of the blow accompanied by the patter of dismembered ninja. Joeseph sighed as he drifted his blade up and gave the corpse a slight nudge with his foot, revived, yet, a curious feeling of disappointment. Satisfied in the diseased ex ninja status, he turned to glance

“Since were curious I’m actually a fast type, my strength training allows me to any sword as long as I have momentum. I wasted too much time on you, so how am I gonna get in th-“ His eyes widened a sharp sensiation pricked in his back, he had been stabbed. “Ahh, thank ya for tellin’ me.” Joespeh jolted forward and swung one handed only to be stopped by locked blades and a glowing, familiar visor. Sorry to be the monsoon on ya parade, but kindly piss off.”  

A boot sent Joe over the edge with a loud crack sending the crimson ninja, chain and all, toppling into the Toyko wonderland below, with ample time to curse he grabbed the chain and vaulted from the side of the building to guide over the city streets, the glimmer of the spider visitor watched him go as he heard him talk to the wind.

“Monsoon reportin’, Lone Tango detected secta nine, ya might want-…”

(Some time later.)

Sitting in the shade of the high rise apartment, Joseph finished adjusting the bandages that stopped his untimely life fluid leakage. Tipping the mask back let his breath rasp out his throat as he stroked the rough stubble of his chin, the ninja hadn’t followed him to his understanding yet after witnessing the dead come to life he couldn’t be too sure of anything. The sigh came again as his eyes drifted over the rooftops, if that was just the mere task of getting in was going to be much too difficult.  That meant he would have to cooperate with the united ninja front after all, at least for the time being as the consequence for failing again wasn’t worth thinking about.

Then again, the consequence of working directly with a agust teenager, a know it all information broker, a maid and whoever else was selected also wasn’t worth thinking about. This was gonna be a long night.

He kept his eyes peeled for sign of friendlies, whether he approched them, or them he, the words would be the same.

“Joeseph King, I somehow had a feeling you would want to hear my name. Call it metagaming.”

Last edited by a moderator:
It was time. The five had come together to become the heroes of Japan, or at least that was what was expected of this ragtag bunch. They were more likely to cause more damage than to save people. Now what would that mean for the rest of the people? What would that mean for the clans of Japan and the denizens of Japan? Who knows? It was up to these five as to how they would go about removing this cancer from the heart of Japan. Japan was xenophobic in general, at least the people were. While they allowed others in, they most certainly did not like them. As soon as the meeting ended, there was no leader to this group. They would have to figure that out on their own. Unfortunately, it seemed that there would be problems regardless of where they were. This was how it was to be. They had no choice in who their comrades were on this one. Fate had an idea of what would happen to them today. The world is a play and all of the people the players.

“By the power of this council of the clans, you have full authority to do what you need to do to dispose of the Masons and find out what they know. Failure is not allowed, however be thankful that if you fail, we can always find another group of idiots to take care of the trash. Now then, try not to screw up and make sure you give us some good news. Report to us nightly. If we hear nothing from you within a week, we’ll assume that you’re dead. If you go rogue, we’ll find you each personally and make you suffer, so don’t even think about running off…” the representative of the council said. Ban sighed. All he wanted to do was make an easy living, but no, he had to get involved in something stupid and ridiculous like this. The meeting dispersed and the five were left in the middle of the meeting hall. Ban looked up at each of them.

“Guess that means we’ll be working together for the next however long this takes. Let’s go through formal introductions… My name is Ban Hamada… I specialize in manipulation and information gathering. I don’t fight a lot, but I can if I need to protect myself. As you can tell, I am part of the Hirasaka Agency.”

Any other person would have been intimidated if the council had threatened to kill them for going rogue, but seeing as Yuu was already in a similar situation, the impact lessened. Probably still not a good idea to do so. With everything in order and assigned already, the whole summit dispersed rather quickly, as if different clans didn't want to be near each other any longer than they had to be. The members of the team weren't so lucky being left in the middle of the hall. 

Two were familiar as the two workers at the bar, even with the changes in uniform. The other one however was almost unrecognizable as the maid and also maid pronoun assignment very hard. It wasn't surprising everyone in the team was involved in the initial scuffle earlier this evening. They were probably chosen due to that fact instead of being the 'best our clan has to offer' and more 'you guys started this mess, you best finish it or die trying'. Very inspirational thoughts.

"Yuu Sagitsuki with the Otogi Academy. Call me 'Yuu'. Also a doctor so you can guess what services that entails. Which also includes with providing 'relief' from painful fatal injuries." A bit dark but they were all ninjas here. "Just be clear if I have to know anything special about your anatomies. On a happier note, I specialize in information analysis."

Info dump done. Best get the formal introductions out of the way finally get into the action scenes!

Sweet mother of Cthulhu. I don't remember what's going on anymore.

Consequently, Sho stared blankly at the people around her as they went off about their business one by one. Not that they mattered; they were merely cellpaddings on a table, unnecessary margins on a div, single-line comments in JavaScript code... so on and so forth. The part-timer snapped back to her reality when Akira, in all his/her wisdom, slapped Sho on the forehead before he/she stepped away from the suicide squad. That was a reminder that Sho had to be in her best behaviour because she would be representing her clan in the-

"I'm Sho. Go f*ck yourselves."

So much for diplomacy.

-BONK-

An empty can of cola flew in from somewhere, probably thrown by the ever-reliable Akira, and it hit the side of Sho's head. If it was thrown any harder, she'd probably have brain hemorrhage already. Ninja magicks and a bit of restraint on Akira's end prevented that but the force was enough to remind the part-timer that the clan leader always had its eyes on her. And so the girl straightened herself after a quick rub on the sore spot.

"I'm Sho and I break stuff," she started, "Like... arms, legs, knee caps, faces, new plasma TVs... dreams. You know, the usual."

She took a good look at the people around her; paused a moment at Ishi because she didn't recognize him/her/it. But Sho took a much longer look at Yuu who was, apparently, from THE FUCKING ACADEMY.

"If you touch me I will break your fingers," Sho warned the doctor.

{insert other intros here}

After all of that, Sho pulled the wardrobe out of her shirt and opened up its doors. The inside was pitch black as if one was staring into the void.

"It'll take us to wherever we need to go," she said, "Get in before I break your legs and toss your mangled bodies in there."

OOC: Sorry for the super late reply. Busy days are busy. I hope what I wrote today is something worthwhile to read. By the way, I am not sure if Joe was with them or not. I think he is based on the last paragraph, but I want to make sure. I’ll make necessary post adjustments once that is clarified.

IC:

Chosen as the representative of the Hasuba Ninja Army, Ishi stood beside the other representatives. Myriads of eyes stared at them, as if they were trying to peak through the souls within their skins. The chuunin didn’t mind this however. He was more concerned with the people he was going to work with. He usually worked alone as it was easier. No need to worry about the safety of his comrades or what not. Well, considering that they were from different clans, the current arrangement didn’t make much of a difference. After all, they just need to work together. But that didn’t mean they have to be close friends or whatever. Business as usual.

Ishi listened intently to the initial information laid down by his ‘teammates’. He carefully stored the details to his virtual data bank, taking note of each one’s strength and possible weaknesses. This was also a way for him to assess their individual threat level.

Creating character profile…

Input start…

Name: Hamada, Ban…

Clan: Hirasaki Agency…

Strengths: Information Gathering and Social Machination…

Weaknesses: Physical Combat

Threat Level: B+…

Name: Sagitsuki, Yuu…

Clan: Otogi Academy…

Strengths: Information Analysis and Medical skills…

Weaknesses: Physical Combat

Threat Level: B-…

Name: Sho

Clan: The Lost Ones…

Strengths: Physical Combat…

Weaknesses: Collaboration…

Threat Level: A+...

Input end…

Encrypt data bank…

Ofcourse, the others won’t notice that he was making those initial assessments, unless one has the capacity to hack to the Hasuba network and get to his data bank. Infiltrating the network was pretty much doable, but obviously not an easy feat. We’re talking about the clan who specialized in technology and gadgets after all.

“I’m Ishi.” The chuunin started when it was his turn. “Coming from the Hasuba Ninja Army, I specialize in technology and gadgetry.” That was it. He provided what was needed from him. There was no need, as per his judgement, to provide further information. Perhaps they would know more soon.

If one was keen enough, they would notice Ishi’s eyes to flicker with curiosity and interest on the wardrobe Sho pulled out of nowhere. Obviously, it was new to him and he wanted to know more about it. Sadly this was not the best time. They have business with the Freemasons. Better get that out of his calendar.

Taking one last look at the Queen, Ishi would courteously nod before entering the black void of Sho’s magical wardrobe.

It looked like transportation wouldn't be a problem as a dimensional doorway was pulled out of hammerspace. Such techniques weren't really unheard of but were still really rare. Plus it didn't seem such a... eccentric girl would be able to access such a thing. Then again, ninja. In what looked to be the first of a series of trust exercises between the team, it was time to get in that thing and finally get this mission rolling. Of course Yuu wouldn't be the first one to go through, he wasn't that eager. 

Since nothing observable happened from the void when Ishi went, Yuu deemed it passable and jumped inside. Hopefully he would come out unscathed. Famous last thoughts....

From a seemingly empty space in the air, a door suddenly appeared. If that wasn't strange enough, it started rotating very quickly on its side as if it was being open. Strangeness wasn't finished as when it opened 180 degrees, it made a very audible slam on empty space as if there was an actual wall there. A figure jumped out the void behind the previously closed door and looked pretty exhausted they way he was bending over. Yuu supported himself on his knees as he steadied his breathing once more.

"By the Goddess that was the worst way to travel ever! Dark and slimy!" Yuu turned to face the void. "That had better have been one of you guys doing the touching in there!" He seemingly shouted to no one in particular.

By time-space travel techniques, that had been one of the worst ones he had used. Almost no visibility and it felt like taken them a month to travel through it. Checking his watch, Yuu breath a sigh of relief as it wasn't the case and it was barely a second since they left the meeting. Speaking of which, where were they? Yuu checked the vicinity as the rest of the team came out of the void. He was surprised to smell a familiar scent from club. Although a bit more bloody than last time.

It looked like his senses were right as Yuu found the supposed last member of their 'team'. At least one thing went right with that wardrobe. 

"Looks like you started the fun without us." Yuu addressed Joe. "Team doctor." He pointed to himself. "But it looks like you've dressed it fine for now. So quick rundown: Dispose of the Freemasons. Fail, we probably die. Try to abandon, we'll die. Suceed... highest chance of not dying."

As the everyone finished escaping from the hellhole, Yuu gestured to them for Joe's sake.

"This is the team you have been conscripted to join. So... ready?"

They weren't ready either since they still hadn't decide who would be field commander for this mission. 

OOC: This has been long overdue... My apologies... Dx

IC:

"Well, he should be." Ishi butted in as soon as he was spewed out by Sho's warddrobe. Unlike Yuu, a smile was painted on his face, indicating that he enjoyed the trip. It was his first time after all. "Because we got company." The Hasuba representative commented with a playful tone. Shu's magical wardrobe lead them on top of an old apartment, which was one of the few highest standing buildings located at a seemingly suburban area. The moonlit sky loomed over them while the shadows of posts and alleyways created an eerie atmosphere. The location seemed to be devoid of life, but that would be one's initial judgement if he or she lacked experience on the field. Each one of them would feel it. Somewhere in the still darkness, malicious eyes were focused to them.

Ishi lowered himself into a crouch, his right hand reaching at the back of his right ear. He applied pressure on the mentioned area, which activated one of the mechanisms installed in his body; a field scanner. The teen remained motionless for a moment as his gadget assessed the area for heat signature.

He was right. There were people hidden in the shadows. Probably a hundred or so scattered around the group's current location. Were the Freemasons expecting their arrival? Perhaps. But not this early. Or were they attracted to Joe's presence? Well, they could figure that out later. For now, they need to worry about their safety as the threats had started to approach their location.

"Introductions later. They are coming."

You go in the wardrobe, you go out the wardrobe, simple enough. Sho herself did not know exactly HOW it worked, just that the leader would have her use it during missions and she would arrive where she needed to be. Hows and whys weren't her type of questions, only whats and whens. What needed to be done and when it needed to be done. Preferably with money involved.

"The usual stuff," shrugged Sho when the *bleeping* *bleep* from the Academy complained about their adventure in the wardrobe.

Big ugly gaijin dude that, to Sho, looked like the backside of a donkey that had been crossbred with a genetically-challenged cow was at the scene. The Academy dog seemed concerned with him but Sho didn't give a toss. What she did slightly care about was how the gadgets person seemed to be on edge... that and oh, he was from the Ninja Army.

"Oh right we gotta work together or some shit," the part-timer frowned.

Her clan had a bad opinion about the Hasuba people for some reason, and being part of the Lost Ones Sho was obligated to follow their rules (*insert canned laughter*). So while she had nothing against the gadgets person, Sho was wary. But the Academy dude OHHH hell no. She liked to keep her secrets to herself, thank you very much, and having an Academy person nearby made her uneasy. If the mission ended quickly, she could leave and be as far away as possible from the Academy's dog. With that in mind, Sho brought out her sword and disappeared.

SHO USED RUN AWAY!

-no, not really. The chuunin used one of her clan's specialization, Invisibility, as she dashed towards some targets who were grouped together. A spiral attack [Spiral Formation] then came out of nowhere as Sho spun her sword and sliced those around her.

"SURPRISE MOTHER*bleeeeeeeeeep*S!!!"

“So, how many are there out there? 20? 30? Surely you cannot be it. The night might make a fine shroud but under full moon you might as well be in the sun.”

Despite the absence of reply Joseph nodded as took a deep draft of his smoking pipe as the faint warmth of the lighter served as a fleeting companion, the bitter herby texture relieved his nerves before it was released from his lips in a soft, hazy ring that drifted away lazily, free to drift away in the soft neon light of the night sky, Joseph’s light step carried around the slippery tiles. It was a ritual habit that he had concealed from his elders for some years now as to be of the Kumari required one to be of supreme of body and mind. From the cradle, every training regiment would be decided by the elders, and everything aspect of his life outside the mission to nutrition to breeding partners was decided for him for raising a superior generation, control of his life only ceded to him when one foot of his own had settled in the grave. Thus this small act of rebellion filled him with a small sense of satisfaction that he rarely found in his structured life. A smile on his lips as he flicked his mask back down and turned towards his captive audience, an American with an unblinking grey gaze.

“You won’t tell anyone about this pipe, right bud? My elders don’t like it when I smoke, something about mutations or something stupid. So, what about this monsoon fellow? What is his deal? I cut him but he didn’t fall, surely there must be some trick to it?”

He spoke softly as his light footsteps closed the distance to man, neatly navigating the fresh slick fluid that sullied the otherwise beige tiles to look down on his latest companion, a man of 30 so, a foreigner like he who had been heavily set man of about 6 foot 2. Or at least that’s what he had estimated him to be as it was difficult to estimate height everything below the naval was missing. He had brought a party of 4 with him with various improvised weapons, Joe suspected that they had tracked him after his failed attempt at gaining entry to the compound and had hoped for an easy promotion. Unfortunately for them his Okami proved too much for them; though it wasn’t reliable for anyone of serious skill it was more than adequate for those followers of the inverse ninja law, their execution had taken but 7 seconds. Not his best time but decent considering his flesh wound.

Of course, what made this guy special was that he was alive after 3 exchanges, was being the operative word and alive being a generous term for someone who went into immediate shock from losing significant amount of lower body function via spontaneous bisection. Still, it gave him something to do as he deposed of the other’s unceremoniously off the edge of the roof. Though interrogation of a man that had dropped off the mortal coil wasn’t the most productive use of his time, it did a nice job of stalling those punks that were so polite in waiting for a moment of weakness, perhaps not a honourable activity, but then gardeners rarely honoured uncut grass so why should he?

A crash within the building drew a sigh; time to cut his fun short, Joe knelt beside the man and popped the pipe between his pale lips, the wholesome man smiled under mask as he lifted him with one arm as he escorted him toward the roof edge.

"See? The pipe even suits you, so just hold onto it for a bit. That cool?” The absence of reply was a yes in his books. “Oh, between me and you I don’t really like the colour red, it hides the stains better than white, that’s all. Not that y-“ A sudden crackling and with a shove, the last bit of evidence disappeared over that edge as the Genji twirled to level his blade at the latest batch of assailants; only the assailant was a wardrobe. His eyebrow arched under the mask as the phrase “including the kitchen sink” to mind as Then recognition set in; it was those guys (and girl(s), he still hadn’t made his mind up on that one) from the bar! The blade lowered as the ninja surpassed a chuckle through his mask.

“Well, ‘bout time you lady boys came out the closet. Though I’m afraid the HQ of those freemasons are over-“

From the moment his attention turned the ninja on the building’s around began to move; like a tide of cheap cannon fodder from a budget anime. Joe cursed as he moved; matching Sho’s init slot with- Silhouette- as twisted and launched the bastard sword across the gap to scatter the first wave; the. First unlucky sod to land beside Joe was clear the gap was dispatched by a cursing brat; disarmed, Joe stared at the weapon closest to him. Yes, Sho was such an edge lord that Joe’s blade proficiency applied to her!

“Lesson one young lady, watch your ****ing language!”

He kicked Sho’s legs out from under her and caught her, the next assailant was met with a spinning -cross cut- from flailing blades of his impromptu nun-chuk before he launched her at the ninja on the other rooftop! He soon followed with a bound as he landed next to his bastard blade and retrieved with a shattering of discarded roof tiles, a grin spreading under his mask.

“Best way of dealing with grass is to give it the respect it deserves; lets cut it!”

Alright, maybe a few screws were loose with this P.E teacher.

(OOC: Sorry, I am extremely rusty with the RP. XD Hope it was amusing.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back