• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Seven

Seraph Darkfire

King of the Underworld
Death. It is horrible, but it happens to everyone. Though this story isn't about death, this is about what happens afterwards. The so called 'Life after Death'

When anyone dies, they are sent to the Underworld. Good, Evil, Neutral, everyone ends up here. Now, I know what you are thinking, but it isn't so bad. Society is the basis of all things, living or dead.

Here in the Underworld, you work off your sins, and everyone has them, whether or not they've lived a chaste life. You are lucky if it is just a simple small thing, you work it off for a few years and boom! you get to go to Paradise, where you can either simply enjoy your eternity, or you can choose to be reborn in your world.

Once you are dead, you are dead, but death isn't the end, nor is it the most horrible thing here. Here you can't die...well, not in the traditional sense. You see, the Soul as you know it is a patchwork of every memory you've ever had, whether or not you yourself are aware of that.

Fighting is extremely dangerous here in the Underworld, specifically because you no longer have a physical body. Here, taking damage means you lose memories. A scratch could cause the loss of the memory of what you had for breakfast when you were nine, but more serious injuries can even make you lose the memories of your family.

But these memories aren't gone. Even if you can't remember them specifically, you'll know something is missing. Normally, these memories will eventually return, over the course of many years. However, sometimes they have to be found, or retrieved from those who find them.

Here lies the jobs of the Seven Deadly Sins. An organization of Seven people that track down the lost memories...for a price.

There is no Monetary value in the Underworld. Material objects are simply there for enjoyment. The real value is in favors. Unlike in your life, here, your word is law. If you promise to do something, you must follow that promise. This supersedes even your sins. If you owe someone a favor, even if you've cleared your slate, you will be unable to travel to Paradise until you pay that favor in full.

In most cases, most people will only owe one or two favors. However, the Seven Deadly Sins covet these favors and bind people with contracts. They are not evil beings, but they aren't good either. These seven are called such for a very good reason.

They can never work off their sins.

Pride, Wrath, Sloth, Lust, Greed, Envy, and Gluttony. These seven do not embody their sin, yet the sin is bound to them, unable to be removed like others. Upon death, they were bound to the Underworld forever.

Only the King of the Underworld can remove these sins from them. However, the King never does anything without a price of his own.

"Collect Favors. Collect as many as you possibly can. Once you've reached the right amount, I will tear your sin away"

This is what he told them.

Now they find lost memories to collect favors. Hopefully, one day, they'll gain enough to be set free.

So recently, I've had an idea to use the Seven Deadly Sins (not the manga) but I haven't been able to come up with a good idea until now. I want to see what people think.

I need Seven people, including myself, to roleplay as the Seven. However, that isn't the maximum number. People can join as other characters in the story as well. Obviously there will be demons and humans. But as the Underworld is not bound to one universe, there will be multiple races as well. If this gets enough interest, I'll put everything in the forum.

I'll let people make reservations for spots, however, I'll need to make sure you'll be able to post often and not just drop the rp. At least once every two days. If you are not able to keep roleplaying, or you can't post in time, please give a warning beforehand. Don't just drop the rp and leave your fellow rpers hanging.

Your character does not have to embody their Sin. Sloth doesn't have to be lazy all the time and Wrath angry all the time.

Lust: @Geek with Me

Sloth: @Kenji Jensai

Wrath: @Seraph Darkfire

Envy: @Decay

Pride: @too much idea

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Seraph Darkfire]What is your posting schedule like?

[/QUOTE]
i can post daily, but as you can see in my signature i will be in a semi hiatus mode in November because i joined Nanowrimo (Gotta write!)

Don't worry, i won't drop the RP

@Geek with Me

Hmm, Leo did ask first. However, I'd like to know your posting schedules before I give out any positions.

Oh, I can switch if you need me to. I don't mind.

Anyway, my posting schedule is usually a few times a day but sometimes my timezone gets in the way a little, (I'm English), and sometimes I get writers block. But I can definitely manage once or twice a day at the very least!

Seraph Darkfire] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/11434-too-much-idea/ said:
@too much idea[/URL] Alright. You can have Pride.
Alright cool

I think I'll give this a try, I'm definitely interested at least. From the remaining ones, I think I'd go with greed.

Hello my good people I would like to participate in this rp. I would either like envy or greed

Hey seraph long time no see I'm kind of interested in this rp and wondering if I could have Sloth.My posting schedule is around daily though depends what my days like but I earnestly try to post daily.

Seraph Darkfire] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/17278-sunbather/ said:
@Sunbather[/URL] Alright, could I get your posting schedule?
I'm pretty free, I lurk around semi-active all day and post whenever I can.

Seraph Darkfire] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/16782-kenji-jensai/ said:
@Kenji Jensai[/URL] @Decay @Sunbather
Alright, Sloth, Envy, and Greed are reserved.

Also, nice to see you again Kenji. It has been some time.

@Baconhands

Envy has already been taken. Currently only Gluttony is available.
That pretty much sums me up in a nutshell. I would like to ask what other roles there will be in the RP also, and if I could reserve gluttony for now.

@Baconhands Demons, Humans, Beastmen, Elves, Dwarves, Sentient Animals, things like that. In this roleplay, the dead of all universes will eventually find their way to the Underworld.

You can reserve Gluttony, but I'd like to know your posting schedule first.

Seraph Darkfire] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/19808-baconhands/ said:
@Baconhands[/URL] Demons, Humans, Beastmen, Elves, Dwarves, Sentient Animals, things like that. In this roleplay, the dead of all universes will eventually find their way to the Underworld.
You can reserve Gluttony, but I'd like to know your posting schedule first.
I'm on every day and try to post at least twice in a thread per day depending on the tempo of the RP. I am still at school with a few exams coming up but I will tell you when I won't be able to post.

And the dead of all universes? You've piqued my interest with that.

@Baconhands

Alright, I'll add you to Gluttony.

It is an idea that I came up with a long time ago, before I joined rpnation. Why should there be many places for the dead? Everyone dies the same way at some point, so why don't they go to the same place as well. Strangely though, the Underworld is never crowded, no matter how many die.

Seraph Darkfire] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/19808-baconhands/ said:
@Baconhands[/URL]
Alright, I'll add you to Gluttony.

It is an idea that I came up with a long time ago, before I joined rpnation. Why should there be many places for the dead? Everyone dies the same way at some point, so why don't they go to the same place as well. Strangely though, the Underworld is never crowded, no matter how many die.
You sound like you've been there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back