• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Seven Paths [Redirect]

Stickdom

I’m a fixer. I fix broken things. It’s what I do.
I already posted this interest check in the Realistic forum, but I figured it deserved a separate one here as Fantasy is the main genre. Please follow this link to comment on the original thread, as this one is only a redirect page:

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/the-seven-paths.318761/

The details below are a copy of the original thread, so feel free to read either one first, they are exactly the same.

The Premise You aren't sure how you ended up here, but you know it's not something you would normally do. Times are hard and a fortune teller seemed as good as any way to determine your future. Seems you weren't alone in that thought. There are six others gathered around her table tonight. She talks to each of you in turn, discussing your lives, their pleasures and issues. She leans back and smiles, and you can almost taste the metal of the gold fillings on her teeth in that cheshire grin.

You should have walked away then as the lights dimmed on their own.

But you stayed.

You should have walked away when the smoke of her cigarette formed swirling shapes behind her head.

But you stayed.

You should have walked away when she passed around that deck of cards and you swore you felt an electric shock as you took your card from the top.

But you stayed.

She never looked at them as far as you can tell. She told you that each one was your destiny. That there were times ahead that would call for strength and cunning and magic, and that you had been chosen.
Chosen for what, she could not say.

The Ruling King. The Lucky Clown. The Lonely Fisherman. The Wandering Sage. The Fleeing Dreamer. The Savage Hunter. The Broken Healer.

Which fate did you choose? Or rather, which fate chose you?

The Details
So, this is my attempt at a modern fantasy story, normal everyday people are thrust into another level of the world they never knew existed. One filled with danger and magic and wonder, enchanted artifacts and powerful sorcery and ancient evils. Seven players thrust into a fate that will define them for the rest of their lives, and shape the future of the world. Something is coming. Doomsday. Apocalypse. Armageddon. Something that you will be the only ones able to combat with your newfound fate. But you still have to grow into it. You have to discover and explore it. Your fate is set, your power is unlocked, but you will have to learn to wield it as you go. For now, I will not reveal what each fate holds, I only ask that you choose one and allow your destiny to fulfill you as you fulfill it in turn.

This will be a relatively detailed story, I will be expecting significant description and character development, along with regular participation. I am not so petty as to demand a post a day, that's unreasonable even for me to uphold myself, but at least throughout a week I'm anticipating some discussion in the OOC and activity in the IC threads. I will be accepting exactly seven players, no more, no less, though if you feel the need to drop out permanently, there is the option to kill off your character and have another fulfill your fate in your stead.

This is not a happy story. There is the very real chance that your characters will die. In fact, several of the fates require it, which is why I will not reveal the details of each yet. But, you can also be reborn as something new, your destiny cannot be left empty, whether it is by yourself or another. The question is, will you be capable of living up to your destiny?​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back