• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Seven of Me

People are running all over the place. They yell over each other trying to get everything flawless. Cameras and microphones are being tested and the set is being perfected. This warehouse was like it's own little world. Eve and I were going to be a part of it. I look over my shoulder at her and grab at her hand. This was going to be loads of fun!

'You can do this. You can do this...' I chant in my mind. Today, we're going to perform Bears Don't Cry in front of the of the whole school body including our parents. We've been practicing for 2 weeks now and it is already perfected but I am really nervous. I can feel that I'm sweating and my hands are cold. 'Just remember what you practiced! You will do fine!' I reminded myself. Then I felt somebody grabbed my hand, it was Deanna. She gave me an encouraging smile and it made me feel a little better. A crew member approaches and guided us on the side of the stage where we will enter. The narrator started speaking and the crowd stopped talking and focused their attention to the stage. Taking a deep breath, I stepped on stage.

Eve walked out first. I would go out after her third line. I waited and calmed myself. They performance was spotless so far. Over and over my part played through my head. I couldn't make a mistake. When my turn came I ran out.

"Somebody help me!" I yelled. I am terrified. I need help. Eve, no Laura, came over to 'support' me as I explained why I was so scared ,"I can't find Lucas," my dog ,"He's sick and if we don't get him to a doctor he might die!" I sob into Laura's shirt. What came next? I didn't say any more yet, right?

Deanna walked in and recited her lines. It was all going smoothly when she stopped talking. I continue acting, waiting for her to finish her lines. But she's looking at me like I'm going to speak now. 'Oh no! She forgot her last line!' I mentally exclaimed. I looked behind her and our mentor looks like she also gets the situation and is terrified that we're screwing up. 'No. Everything will go fine...' "Oh puppies! Where did you last saw your dog?" I revised our script. Hopefully Deanna will too. "In the park! I was just buying a cotton candy and when I got back.. H-He's n-not there!" She replied with a shaky voice. "Come on let's scan the area. Oh wait, I'm going to call a doctor first! Go on, I'll catch up." I replied. I smiled triumphantly in my mind as we're getting back on track again.

Thank goodness Eve remembered. I had always had a horrible memory. The rest of the play went on without another problem. Our practices had payed off.

The curtain finally closed for the last time and everyone backstage silently celebrated. People danced around and hugged. We did it! I looked around for Eve. We had exited opposite sides of the stage during the last scene. Before I could find her, she found me. A tap on my shoulder told me she was there.

"Alright Everybody!" Our mentor called for us all to settle ,"You all did a good job out there. Evelyn," She looked at Eve and gave her a smile ,"Good save. We will be holding the after party at the Rhiel's house. Be polite, and have fun!"

We cheered for the success of our play as we went out from the building, receiving 'Good job!' comments every now and then. Our party will be in Deanna's house. It isn't my first time of going there since I'm close to Deanna. Nope, no problems at all. But I'm having some feeling of being uncomfortable with one of our classmate, Shina. She's been scowling at us since the end of the play. Maybe because she didn't get either of my or Deanna's role? I can't hold that as my conclusion yet but I'm very wary of her. If she does anything I don't like, she'll get what she deserves. "Is everyone here?" our mentor asked before we could get into the mini bus. "Yes." We replied in chorus. Well I think I shouldn't be worrying over her since it's a time for a party!

We got to my house right as my parents unlocked the door. We had gotten everything set up earlier in the day so that they wouldn't have to miss any of the performance. My house has two-stories but we blocked off the stairs. There was an abundance of snacks and juices in the kitchen and one of the older kids had made a music list. I grabbed Eve and pulled her into the living room where we could dance. I noticed that Shina had followed us. I didn't care for her much. She had a bad attitude.

Oooh! Chocolates! Cupcakes! The Rhiel's house is truly a paradise for me. I was enjoying the sweets when Deanna came over to me and dragged me to the dance floor. I want to keep eating but I guess I should the drain the sugar rush in the dance. We kept on dancing along with our classmates. Goofy smiles on our faces as we do silly dance moves. When the music came to the climax we added some jumping to our dance. Some are pretending like karate fighters while some mimicked the way of playing football to their dance. Laughter, happiness and just pure fun filled the atmosphere until-thud. Everybody stopped. Everybody froze. I was lying in the floor on my side. My left arm and shoulder hurts so much. I feel some pounding also in my head. Some tears are already forming from pain. Then I looked up and I saw Shina look at me with a great displeasure shown in her face. No guilt is shown even after she pushed me down.

I began to boil in anger ,"What did you do that for!" I got on my knees next to Eve to see how she was doing. It seemed she wasn't bleeding but she did have a mark on her forehead, probably from hitting the ground. That just spiked my emotions more. Shina hadn't answered me, not that it was a real question... I got up and shoved her.

"Hey!" Our mentor showed up ,"What are you girls doing?" I pointed to Shina.

"She shoved Eve into the ground!" I looked at the mean girl with disgust. How could she hurt Eve? I can't just let her get away with that. I kicked her. As hard as I could. "You don't hurt Eve!" She fell over and I kicked once more before an adult grabbed onto me. I struggled to get free so I could hurt her more. She couldn't have shoved me instead?

Even though it is only the upper left part of my body, it still felt like my worst nightmare. My arms and shoulders are throbbing in pain. I can't even feel them properly. I'm sweating and I feel so cold. The pounding in my head doesn't even made it better. I saw Deanna kick Shina until she fell over but Deanna didn't stop and continued to injure her. I open my mouth to say something but I feel so tired and in pain. An adult came to assist me and another to stop Deanna. "Evelyn? E-Evelyn? Answer me dear! Evelyn!" I know that voice, it was Deanna's Mom "Mrs. Rhiel... Arm hurts... 'm di..zzy.." I only managed to speak incoherently. "Everything will be fine... Ok?" This time it was my Mom. I nodded as the two women helped me. "Shina! Get out of our house right now!" I heard Deanna yell. "..Don't get... in.. t-trouble D-Dean...na.." I said before passing out in my mother's hold.

- - - - -

"Eve, we should leave soon," Deanna stood by the door tapping her foot. They were at a reunion for the play they had put on ten years prior. Deanna didn't really want to be there but Eve managed to convince her, like she always did. It worried them both that their old classmate Shina might be there. After what had happened at the after party their relationship with her only got worse. It was impossible to count the fights Deanna and Shina had had. Luckily, the girl wasn't here.

Evelyn sighed. She definitely understands how Deanna don't want to go here. Shina is a person with a bad history with them and her friend doesn't want to have another fight with her after 10 long peaceful years. She know what will possibly could happen if Deanna and Shina meet again but they're doing this for the formalities sake. "Fine, let's go. They don't have ice cream anyway." Evelyn gathered her things and bid goodbye to her former classmates and teachers. It was really wonderful to see the old faces but Evelyn is sure that it wouldn't be wonderful with Shina. "Hurry up then if you don't want your ice cream to melt!" Deanna said with a grin. Evelyn laughed as she gives Deanna a playful punch in the shoulder and as they make their way to the ice cream shop.

'No matter how much time pass, what has been set to your mind since you're a child will stay until you die. ' Evelyn remembered a post she saw online a few months ago. Remembering why is what she doesn't know.

"Hey, remember when in our graduation you almost emptied their stock?" Deanna teased. Evelyn rolled her eyes, spoon from her sundae still on her mouth. "Seriously, you eat ice cream like there's no tomorrow!" Evelyn wondered why she stayed friends with this woman. "Well I'm sorry that it gives me a feeling of relaxation when I'm eating it!" She retorted back and took another spoonful of her sundae.

"Maybe you should find a healthier way to relax,"Deanna pinched Evelyn's stomach "You're going to get fat." She took a bite from her own sundae ",I can't deny the deliciousness though." The cold melting on her tongue, the taste filling her mouth! There was a reason they had always gone to this ice cream parlor instead of the donut shop that everyone else their age frequented.

"Isn't it!" Evelyn finished the last bit of her sundae "Can I have some of yours too?" Deanna shoved the rest of her bowl at Evelyn. She deserved it for letting them leave the reunion early. Unlike Deanna who still lived in the area, Evelyn had moved away two summers before. She didn't get to see their old classmates very often. And considering Deanna planned to be selfish with the time Eve was visiting for she wouldn't be hanging out with any of them at all.

"We have two months." Deanna said out of nowhere. Evelyn looked a bit sad for a second and then brightened up.

"At least we have two months! And I can come back next summer if I save up the money, or maybe you could come over there and visit me!

Deanna hated it. She hated how her friend acts. She hated how Evelyn fake it. Why did she always show that there's nothing wrong? Deanna frowned. Evelyn also hated it. She hated that she has to act. She hated how she fake it. But she thinks they are better off this way. Evelyn noticed that Deanna knows about her act but pretended she doesn't. "Deanna?" Evelyn called, getting the other's attention. When Deanna's attention and thoughts are now back to her and to the present she beamed "Let's have a sleepover today at my house! I think you also want to watch your favorite anime with me!" Deanna brightened up and immediately stood "What are we waiting then? To Evelyn Bethany's house!!"

They paid for the ice cream and headed to Evelyn's home. It wasn't far.

"So should we watch Sword Art Online or Chrome Shelled Regios?' Deanna asked. Those were her two favorite animes. She could watch them a billion times. Well the first part of SAO at least. Halfway through season one it just gets bad.... Of course season two picks it right back up again.

"But we've watched both of those so many times!" Evelyn did a little giggle. It was the giggle that won over everybody's heart. Deanna didn't like it. She saw right through the facade.

"You said I could watch my favorite anime with you... so which is it?" Deanna wiggled her eyebrows.

"Just pick when we get there, ok? You know I have stock of DVD's" Evelyn replied. Her house is quite near but why is it taking so long? "Fine.." Deanna finally gave up on bugging her friend. They walked in comfortable silence. Evelyn inhaled. She missed this. Deanna is only one of the few people she knows that she could trust. Evelyn also love Deanna like her own sister. They do almost everything together until she has to move out of the city. Even though they always keep in touch of each other through the internet, it is still not enough like when they're together. 'In the next two months, I'll make sure we'll spend it to the fullest!" Evelyn thought and looked over to her friend walking by her side. "Hey you kno-" Evelyn was cut of when suddenly she couldn't see anything and felt something preventing her to speak. She could also hear Deanna's muffled screams. "Deanna! Deanna!!" she exclaimed to her mouth restrainer that seems to be nothing but a cloth like what on her eyes. She felt herself being dragged and slammed down. Another followed which she assumed to be Deanna. She felt herself to be in the verge of tears but Evelyn didn't gave up and continued to break free. "Don't even struggle anymore... You don't know what we're going to do with you if keep doing that." a familiar voice said that she guess is in front of her. Evelyn followed what the voice said, shaking... "Good to know you're easy to talk with!"...And wondering why their captor sounds like Deanna.

Deanna twisted and pulled away from her attacker. She had heard another one along with Evelyn's screams for her. I can't let anyone hurt Eve. One of Deanna's hands managed to find itself on her bag. She grasped around feeling for her keychains. One of them was a short dull blade the size of her hand. If she could use enough force she could probably jab it into her attacker and cause quite a bit of pain.

"Eve!" She tried screaming again but it was muffled by a sack that had been pulled over her head. She gripped onto her keychain and aimed at the force that held her down. She heard a girl scream... it was Eve's scream. How could that be? Deanna shoved the person off of her and pulled off her mask. It was Eve, but she wore different clothes. This isn't my Eve. She looked at Deanna with such extreme anger it seemed that she wanted to kill her. Deanna had stabbed her arm and she sat there cradling it. She must not be very tolerant to pain. A few feet away a girl that looked just like Deanna held down what seemed to be the real Eve. Deanna attacked her double.

They both have the same strength. They both have the speed and accuracy. But Deanna and her double continued their dance. Deanna knew the basic self-defense and it seems like her double don't know anything more on fighting than her. And of course, she knows when you're fighting, you have to outsmart your opponent. Deanna continued to fight, looking for an opening.

Evelyn felt that her captor is not pinning her down anymore. She can sense some movements in her surroundings. Taking the chance, she quickly worked on removing her restrainers. She already got out of the ropes because her captor isn't yet done tying the knot. Then she proceeded on removing the cloths on her mouth and eyes. As she regain her vision, Evelyn saw Deanna fighting Deanna. When her eyes landed on the other side, she saw another of herself. She's bleeding on her arm and she looks like in a great pain. Then the other Deanna falls down and her Deanna is in a position like she just landed a punch on her double. "D-Deanna!" Evelyn called. The said person looked at her and quickly rushed to her "Are you alright Eve? Are hurting somewhere?" she asked. Evelyn shook her head. She looked up again and saw the Deanna's double behind her. She gasped, pure terror is present on her eyes. Deanna also turned around, eyes widening as she saw her double again. Her double is about to stab her when somebody just hit her head with a brick. Her double immediately falls down unconscious and behind her is Evelyn holding a brick shaking and panting. She immediately dropped the brick and looked at Deanna "L-Let's g-go!" Evelyn voice is filled with panic. Deanna stood and Evelyn double laughs. "We'll come back to you... Or maybe we should just let the others take care of you." She said. Both girls gaped at her before coming back to their senses and escaped.

Deanna and Evelyn ran all the way to Evelyn's house. They got there out of breath and drenched in sweat. Evelyn locked the door and Deanna ran about the house to make sure it was all safe.

"We're good," Deanna managed to say while gasping for air. They both relaxed and went to the kitchen to get some water. After a few minutes of calming themselves down in silence Evelyn spoke.

"Who were they? Why did they look like us?" She looked to Deanna for answers, but the other girl knew just as much as she did and just shook her head. They both thought back to the encounter. It was so sudden and fast. Deanna's head had been covered and then Evelyn's. The doubles then dragged them into the alley and pushed them onto the ground trying to tie them up. That meant the girls were wanted alive. At least for the moment, who knew what they would do with them later.

"Mind if I stay here for the night?" asked Deanna. This night's events has been truly terrifying. The thought of her going back to the streets again is not the best thing she has in mind. Evelyn figured too. "Of course! Borrow whatever clothing you like for the night." she said. Deanna smiled and nodded a thanks to her friend. They are both still shaking inside but it is unknown to the other. They did their bathroom ritual and went to sleep. But that sleep isn't all that peaceful and dreamy paradise. Both of them are awake, just appeared to be sleeping because of their closed eyes. Both of them are still processing what happened earlier. What? Why? How? They questioned. It was all confusing. It was all unrealistic. And yet it happened. It was real

and was the only the beginning.

Deanna woke up. She couldn't believe that she actually slept. Stretching to wake up the rest of her body, she realized that the sun's up now, about around 7 or 8 am. As she stood up, she realized another thing, Evelyn's not there anymore. She could have just shrug it off, thinking that the latter just in the kitchen or in the living room but after last night's events, she could not be sure. She ran out of the room and called for Evelyn. Her worry level just went up more when Evelyn didn't reply and isn't in the living room. She's only in the kitchen wearing her earphones... Yes that would be right... I hope. Then Deanna reaches the kitchen, she is dumbfounded. There are two Evelyns in the kitchen. Deanna quickly recognized her Evelyn by their clothes so figuring out who's the one to trust. But there is a problem... One is standing up holding a stained with blood knife and trembling and one lying on the floor with a pool of blood around her body. Her Evelyn is the one with the knife.

What a good start of the day!

"Eve, What happened?" Deanna walked slowly over to her friend and slipped the knife out of her grasp. Evelyn looked at her with glassy eyes. At first she didn't recognize Deanna, but when she did she burst out crying and slid down to the floor.

"I killed her," Evelyn's voice shook and she curled up into a ball cradling her head ,"I killed her, Deanna. She was in here when I came in to make breakfast. I didn't know what to do! She attacked and I... I..." Evelyn burst into a crying fit. Deanna put the knife in the sink. She sat down next to Evelyn and held her. She didn't know what else to do.

"It'll be ok," Deanna said softly. She stroked Evelyn's hair trying to calm her down. "Everything will be ok. We will figure this out. It was in self-defense. You had to do it. Everything will be fine." The girls sat there for a few minutes as Evelyn slowly stopped crying, and a few more once she was done to make sure she wouldn't start crying again.

"Thank you," Evelyn whispered ,"I don't think I could handle something like this on my own." Deanna gave her a smile and then stood up offering a hand.

"Let's go in the other room and think through this... You should probably change too," Evelyn had some blood on her clothing. They went into her bedroom and once Evelyn had changed sat on her bed.

Evelyn seem to be still in shock of what happened. She reacts to every movements in the room. "D-Deanna... Just what is happening?" she finally spoke. Her voice filled with slight terror. She seem to be had enough of this being attacked by their doubles. "I don't know too... It's all unbelievable." Deanna replied. It terrifies her too. The fact of having multiple doubles of you going after you is not what she has in her mind for a vacation. But her doubles are only on the second of her worries now, Evelyn comes first. Actually, it's always Evelyn. If this continues, Evelyn will break apart and... Deanna doesn't want to talk about that. "Just stay here, ok? Rest. I'll go get some breakfast. Well, maybe after I get rid of the body..." she said, trying to comfort the girl on the bed.

"D-Don't leave me...! And don't go outside!" Evelyn cried. "I'll stay inside, don't worry." she replied with a soft smile to ensure the other. The latter seemed to be slightly convinced so she goes outside of the room. As she walks to the kitchen slowly, she thinks of ways to get rid of the body of the kitchen. 'Maybe we should hide it to the storage until night then drive to the nearest grass field then bury it there...' she nodded in agreement with her thoughts. She stretched again, just to make her body ready for the lifting of the body. She could now see the blood pool. 'It seems like there are lots to clean too.' she huffed on that thought. Then she finally arrive in the kitchen and in the second time in the morning, she got a surprise in the kitchen.

Evelyn fumbled nervously on the sheets. All of this are making her paranoid. She's terrified and also worried for her friend who just went out for breakfast. But she also notice that her friend, Deanna, feels like that too. Yet she stays calm. She acts like that just to comfort her that they'll find a way out of this weird happenings. 'But you act like a little baby! Keep yourself put!' Evelyn scolded herself. With a few inhale-exhale process, she finally calmed down. Then Deanna burst in the door "Evelyn! T-The body's missing!".

"What? What do you mean the body's missing?" Evelyn's panic started up again but she quickly shut it down. She refused to be weak. Deanna looked at her bewildered. She couldn't believe what she had seen. It just didn't make any sense.

"I mean what I said. The body is gone. Not there," Deanna tried to explain ,"I went downstairs into the kitchen and it just... wasn't there. No body. No blood. Not even a smudge. It makes no sense. I know I just saw it what? Ten minutes ago. It's not there anymore. No trace at all. I checked the sink where I put the knife. It was clean. And not clean like someone just washed the blood off of it because then the handle would have been damp. It's wood. It doesn't just dry instantly. There was blood on the handle. It would have had to be cleaned. No, but clean like no one has used it in a while." Deanna shut her mouth. She was talking too quickly she knew, but Evelyn had seemed to get the gist of it.

"So... What do we do?" Evelyn asked after the silence had gone on for a few minutes. The girls stared at each other.

"Nothing?"

"Nothing? What do you mean nothing? Deanna, I just killed somebody!" Evelyn looked at Deanna as if she were crazy. Who knew, maybe they were both crazy.

It's been three days since the incident. They didn't go outside the house, they are locked up inside. They didn't want to. They didn't dare to. They could probably stay isolated from the rest of the world for a few more days but a letter arrived.

A letter that has no sender. A letter that is specifically for Deanna Rhiel and Evelyn Bethany.

If you want to know more then open the front door at exactly 1:35 pm.

Both girls were scared once again. A lot of 'what if's' came to their minds. They talked about what they're going to do for hours until they reached a decision. They are going to take the risk. Deanna and Evelyn made a plan, a plan for the worst. They prepared themselves and their defense and escape if necessary. When the clock finally strikes at 1:35, they opened the door.

"Hello. Don't look at us like that... We're here to discuss, not to kill."

And at the door is another pair of their doubles.

- - - -

After checking that their visitors hold no threat to them, Deanna and Evelyn guided their doubles to the living room. They were shaking in terror inside, still not over the incident from 3 days ago but they didn't let their doubles see it, they will be dead if they will. They sat down, no one spoke, no one moved, they're just observing each other's movement. Deanna's double seem to have enough of that after a few moments "Congratulations on killing Two, Evelyn." Evelyn just stared at her in confusion. "As expected..." a sigh "We both are Three's. So as you know already, there are bunch of your doubles or us trying to kill you..." Deanna and Evelyn tensed up but they still listen, grasping every word with all their might. "But both of us are the version of yourself that are good, like your angel side." Evelyn's double shook her head a little and spoke up "Since we're your 'angel side', we can't bring ourselves to kill you. So we're here to help you instead but we need something in return..." Both doubles looked at each other for a moment before sending each other a sad smile. Evelyn frowned at this and asked "What is it that you want in return?" Her double's attention returned to them once again and said

"After answering all your questions, we want you to kill us."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back