• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The School of Aftermath

kjsprk

Ex Ignition Hero
The year is 2104 and the global conflict known as WW3 has recently ended after 90 years, 2 months, and 17 days. You are now enrolled in the first school in the new United States, now known as the "Freedom Colonies of the World" Or FCW for short. War is all you know, you were born into it, now it doesn't exist...anywhere. Welcome to FCW University, a school designed for kids to get some type of education on the world before the war.

Because of the magnitude of WW3, technology had stopped advancing after the year 2018, so the technology of 2014-2018 is still considered up-to-date.

--

post-apocalyptic.jpg

City Streets

4596850899_480x320.jpg

FCW University

Various areas:

photo_40215_wide_large.jpg

Power Facility for FCW

jazzland.jpg

Local "Cool Zone" Amusement Park

--

• Normal RpN Rules
  • No godmodding
  • No superpowers
  • Create an original character
  • Do not get into too much detail with romance or fights
  • Be respectful
  • Post the number 142 in character description as proof that you read this
  • No bunny posting, except if no one else is on
  • #1 rule is: Have fun and be creative

--

After the opening ceremony for the school was finished, Ajax decided to explore the old building. He entered the school, guitar on his back, and wandered the halls. Not soon after entering the building, Ajax found himself alone; the school was very big on the inside. He wandered into a classroom and as he walked through the door, the door frame collapsed to the floor.

"This is such a nice place..." Ajax said sarcastically in his monotone voice. he then proceeded to walk to the window and look at the view of the broken city from above, he was on the third floor, and even though he knew there were other people in the building, he felt alone on account of how still the air was and how quiet the old rickety building seemed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Auralee walked around aimlessly inside of the school, exploring the rooms by herself. She didn't really like being around groups of people, so she isn't very excited for school. At least it keeps her from being home. She can't stand her father anymore. They used to be so close, but since her mother's death, he's been yelling at her frequently for no apparent reason. Auralee thinks that maybe she's missing something, or maybe she just doesn't understand. She still believes her father loves her dearly.

Hearing a group of people heading her way, she quickly moves onto the next floor, not wanting to have any contact with people quite yet. How was the world before the war? She thought to herself. She finds another group of laughing, talking people and she moves on to the next floor. She walks while looking down at her feet and bumps into someone. (Ajax)

Jonathan went wandering without reason, seeing all the collapsed buildings, the destroyed walls, the holes in the floors, trying to evade them. Entering in classrooms and opening the windows, just staring outside. While walking, he falls trough a hole, falling straight on his shoulder. A group of persons start pointing and laughing at him. He stares at them, and puts his hood on, just to keep exploring this cold ''school'' he got in to.

Finally founding the class he was supposed to go to, he enters. The door collapsed on the floor, accidentaly stepping on the window frame and giving a loud crack. Starts looking around very nervously, and no ones near. He goes and sits on an almost about to break desk.

Someone had stumbled upon where Ajax had been. "Oh, hello." Ajax said with a slight smile. He stepped away from the window. Shy and not knowing how to address the girl, it'd been months since he had talked to anyone that was even remotely his age, or a kid in general. He hears some other kids laughing outside, he looks out the window but doesn't see them anymore.

Auralee looks up, very startled. "Oh! S-Sorry, I didn't see you there..." She says, looking down at her hands to avoid any eye contact. How do I talk to people without embarrassing myself? Auralee panicked inside of her mind, leaving a small grimace on her face. He probably already hates me for bumping into him.

"No, it's fine really...I was just looking around." Ajax was stuttering slightly. There was a long pause then he said, "This is weird huh? No...war...'n stuff?" He immediately scolded himself and thought, 'of course it's weird, dumbass'. He didn't know what to say.

Jonathan hears the conversation at the other side of the class. He looks over to that side, and sees a some classmates talking to each other. How can you make friends so fast? Is it really that easy? He looks down to the desk, like if nothing has happened. Still thinking to himself. He reach's for his backpack and puts it on top of the desk and rests his head on it, facing to the windows.

Auralee giggles a bit and says, "Yeah, it is a bit weird. You don't have to hear constant yelling and gunshots while you're trying to sleep anymore."

She twiddles her thumbs and averts her gaze every five seconds. She's a bit nervous. I was trying so hard to avoid people, and of course I get sucked into a conversation. Great job, Aura.

"I'll see you around then? My name is Auralee. Y-You can call me Aura, if you'd like."

Ajax lightly smiled, "Sure. My names Ajax." He started to look out the window again. "I guess I'll see you around then." He took off his backpack and guitar and placed them on a desk then stretched before sitting on the window ledge, legs dangling.

Auralee hurriedly walked away, blushing from her encounter. She decided to explore the other classrooms of the third floor to get the awkward conversation out of her head. When she feels like she failed at a conversation, it replays in her head and she starts thinking, 'What could I have done to make this conversation better?' This is the grand opening of the school, yet it already looks like it's been abandoned and rusty. I don't know if I honestly want to go to school here, but I do know that I want to learn about life before the war. It has always intrigued me.

Waiting for more people to come to class, Jonathan got bored and walked out, leaving the backpack behind. Went to explore the school. Trying to learn every single curve of it. Seeing all the windows, the people around. Almost hitting himself in every roof, due his height. Everywhere he passed trough people just stared at him. Why do they look at me that way? Is it because my height? My eyes? My mask?.

"Hmm." He was curious of the girl, but paid no mind. He watched as another student left his things in the room and walked out. "Finally alone." E picked up his guitar and started to play and lightly sing the song Dirty Paws to himself. He slowly got slightly louder and people down below started to point, laugh, and talk. He didn't care.

Auralee listened to the beautiful music coming from the room she just left. Is it that boy that's singing and playing guitar? She asked herself. Making her way back into the room, she intently listens to his voice, drowning out everything else. Auralee slightly sways with the music.

I remember when momma would sing to me before I slept. She had a beautiful voice. Oh how I wish mine was as good as hers.

Simon was ready for school, although that fact misleads him for he was one of the last people in. Immediately went to the third floor, his ex was on the first and that was the last thing he needed. The halls seemed endless, but Simon heard over the groups of friends something engulfing the echoing halls. Singing? No it was a complete song, not just vocals, but a guitar played the beat. He headed towards the sound, whistling with it, and exchanging a couple glances with old friends.

Going back trough his steps, Jonathan goes back to the class, to see Ajax playing guitar. Seems like we have a singer, don't really care tho. Sat in the same seat. Again, facing to the window, observing the cold gray sky, with gunpower yellow-like residues floating in the sky. Smoke everywhere. His old world.

Startled by the student sitting in his desk, Ajax jumps and falls back into the classroom, landing on his desk, off the desk, and onto the floor. "Dammit!" He said rubbing his head. He looked down and saw he had blood on his hands; from his nose.

Hearing a slam on the ground, Jonathan looks behind him, he sees the singer thrown on the ground, bleeding. He rapidly gets up and goes and starts to move his hands stupidly around him, asking him ''Hey, hey! What's wrong? Why'd you fall? You ok?'' Breathing heavily by his mask.

Auralee giggles at the sight and walks over to him. "You're a very good singer, by the way." She says, offering a hand. She replays the scene in her head and realizes he was started by someone. She looks in the general direction that he was and sees a guy with a mask run over to him.

"Ah, I- uh." Ajax took aura's hand and stood up holding his nose. "Lost my balance." He smiled slightly at the masked kid. "Thank you aura." He said. "I'm gonna...go to the bathroom." He walked out holing his nose, he left all of his things there.

A man with a bloody nose exited the room in front of him, he walked inside to see a man with a mask, and a girl he had seen before. She was in his grade, but they never had chances to talk. Simon took his seat near the door, waiting for the situation to fan out a little more, his intimidating eyes waiting for an answer.

Jonathan looked at him walk out. Well, seems like befriending people will be much harder than i tought. Jonathan jumps off the ground, hitting his head with the roof, breaking it, since it was dusty and wore out. ''God damn it''. He goes to his desk again, while rubbing his head lightly. He sits and just stares at the ceiling, seeing how rusty and wore out it is.

"U-Um, no problem?" Auralee says as her eyes follow Ajax out of the room. She turns her gaze to the masked boy, wanting to say somethinig, but he already walked away.

Another boy walked into the room. She recognized him. He's my age, I think. Auralee got up, dusted herself off, walked over to a vacant desk and sat down. Staring down at the desk, her finger ran over the desk, drawing little animals and waiting for the teacher to come in. Aura wonders what they're going to learn about.

Simon was no strangers to females, and didn't feel nervous with such so he took his chances. He walked to a desk on the left of the girl and sat down, "Hey, you are a junior right?" He smiled at the girl, "I'm Simon." He held out his hand. She should know him, he was well known in the town as he tried to meet everyone.

Jonathan, being a clean freak, gets out some paper towels and goes where the blood dropped. He lets himself fall on his knees and starts rubbing it. Rub after rub he finally gets the blood stain off the floor. He gets distracted, looking at the board. He sits down and just stares at it, seeing the text written on it. He looks at the left and sees a brown haired boy, talking with the girl that tried to help the singer. Looks like i'm the only outcast here.

Auralee turns to Simon and smiles back. "Yeah. My name is Auralee, but you can call me Aura... I-If you'd like." She mentally stabs herself for stuttering at the end. In the midst of destroying herself in her mind, she notices he stuck his hand out. Aura takes his hand and shakes it gently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back