• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Role play - closed

Konrad smirked "Aye, doesn't want to admit he did it, do you reckon he's proud of himself?" he asked tilting his head. He wondered if Nor liked helping these people, or of he couldn't let go of the fact that he was prince, or used to be, that is. Nor had everything done for him, and now he was doing things for others, "funny turn of fate" Konrad thought.

Nor didn't want to tell them what had happened but he could tell by the way that they were looking at him that they did not believe him at all. He could see that. And they were just going to keep looking at him like that. And so he let out a small sigh and crossed his arms over his chest as he stated, "Fine. I...helped out. I carried dishes away and washed them and so the old woman did my hair for me."

Astaroth beamed at her brother, "That's good Nor!" She assured him, proud of him. Both for helping out, and for admitting it to them. After all, he was probably worried that they'd make fun of him for it or something. Astaroth wouldn't, and she very much hoped that Konrad wouldn't either

Konrad smiled "Well would you look at that, a prince of the people" he smirked but he was genuinely proud of Nor "Its good to know you helped that old woman, i'm proud of you" he said warmly. It wasn't so much the fact that Nor had helped these people that surprised Konrad, it was more that Nor had admitted he did.

"Don't be proud of me," he replied back as he gave his head a shake. "I did not help her because I wanted to. She...could not hear, or something...and so didn't understand that I didn't want to work for her. So I got stuck working for her because I didn't want to cause problems by just walking away. Okay? It's not like I actually wanted to help her or anything like that."

Astaroth just smiled. If her brother had really wanted to not help, he'd have walked away. And she had to wonder whether the woman had just been ignoring his protests to see what he'd do. It didn't matter, he'd still helped her, and that still made Astaroth proud of him.

Konrad just smiled as well, he knew that Nor was the kind pf person who would have just walked away, generally uncaring for the feelings of others. He was happy, he liked the idea of Nor enjoying the feeling of being helpful "He cant fight, so he finds happiness in helping others" he said in a hushed to to Astaroth.

"Are you talking about me?" Nor asked quickly as he looked over to Ash and then he looked at Konrad. He didn't want them talking about him when he couldn't hear what they were saying. And so right away he assumed that it was something bad. "Don't make fun of me." Because usually when people had spoken in hushed voices...that meant that they were attempting to make fun of him. So he was certain that they were now making fun of him.

Astaroth shook her head to Nor, "No ones making fun of you. We're just happy that you found something to do. Especially since you helped someone, even if she wouldn't listen to you." She hummed, assuring her brother that no one was making fun of him, especially not because of what he'd done

"Aye, why would we make fun of a good deed?" Konrad said smiling "You could have left but you didn't" he said in an equally happy tone. he then leaned back at the wall "So...what do you want to do now?" he asked in a jovial tone, despite the facts that he had not forgotten they were on the run.

Nor thought about what he wanted to do and it was not hard at all for him to come to a decision. "I want to go to sleep," he stated as he then turned so that he could walk off once again. "I am tired after the work that I did." At least now he had a reason to be tired and they couldn't make fun of him for wanting to sleep.

Astaroth nodded and followed after him. She wanted to rest also, since she ached all over and her wrist hurt. She just wanted to curl up for a while. She just hoped Nor wouldn't mind her company, because she didn't want to sleep away from him.

"So be it, you both deserve the rest, what with Astaroths training and Nor's work" he said happily. He really did think that they both needed a rest, Astaroth had been a good student and Nor had actually helped someone, of course he didn't really think cleaning dishes was worth cause for a rest.

Nor thought that he deserved to lay down...of course. Because he felt that he had worked very hard. And he didn't even mind that his sister laid down with him as well. He would have been a bit scared to sleep without her, anyway. So he once again got comfortable with his sister upon the bed and he fell asleep faster than he usually would. He was just so tired after having washed dishes and moved plates from one place to another.

Astaroth settled beside Nor, cuddling close to him. She held her hurting wrist close to her chest, happy that he wanted her there. She spent some time thinking, and upon realising that Nor was already asleep, smiled. He really was adorable sometimes. Closing her eyes, she drifted off to sleep soon after.

Konrad once again took his place by the door, but rather than just sit down, chose to walk around. He would mind the inn's door and make sure he kept an eye on anyone he thought was suspicious, he knew how hard things must be for the siblings, he knew that sleep was a pretty good escape from these harsh nature of reality.

When Nor woke up, it was because of the wind hitting the window. It was very loud and he found it annoying. Not really sure how he was going to stop the sound, he moved away from his sister and to the window so that he could check. And as he looked out, as if trying to spot the wind, that was when he did notice some individuals coming their way. With the wind howling, he assumed that their footsteps would have been rather quiet. Hm. Soldiers. He wondered what they wanted. At least, they looked like some kind of soldiers to him. They had armor.

Astaroth barely stirred when her brother moved away from her to peer out the window, oblivious to the oncoming threat. Had she been awake she would have ran to tell Konrad, but she was exhausted and aching. She wasn't even dreaming really, and was quite lucky to not be having nightmares

Konrad had been keeping up his guard at their room once again becoming very bored. However he did hear commotion coming from the main room of the inn, it sounded like people arguing and some of the words didn't sound like Genevan but he couldn't tell. He stayed close to the door and put his hand on his swords handle.

Nor sat there for a few more moments and then supposed that he should go and tell Konrad because he didn't want Konrad to call him stupid for not alerting him to the arrival of some new people. Konrad would probably be paranoid and say that they were people aiming to hurt them, or something like that. So he opened the door rather suddenly and nearly crashed right into Konrad who was standing near the door. "You scared me," Nor commented as he looked at Konrad.

Astaroth stirred as she heard the door open and close. She froze when she patted the bed beside her and realised that Nor was no longer beside her. Sleepily she called his name, peering around the bedroom

Konrad turned to face Nor, "You hear it as well?" he asked in a serious tone, keeping his eyes on the stairs. He was silent for a moment and then without looking at Nor said "Go to your sister and keep silent" he said as he gestured Nor to return back to his room.

"You know I dislike you telling me what to do," Nor replied back as he looked to Konrad. "And the reason I'm speaking to you is because I wanted to tell you that more people are arriving and they look like soldiers. Or something like that. Okay?" Why Konrad thought he could just boss him around like that, Nor would never know.

Astaroth rolled out of bed, wincing. Her wrist was one big bruise, and she tugged her sleeve down as she headed for the door to go and find her brother. No use pointing it out to either man, they had bigger issues to worry about. In fact, they had bigger issues than she realised, as she opened the door. Blinking at the pair when she found them right in front of her, she frowned, "Whats wrong?"

Konrad heard Astaroth, he didn't look at her, refusing to break contact with the stairs "There's men in armor at the entrance of the inn, and i think there's some inside as well" he paused to listen "I think they sound foreign but i cant tell. Ash go back into your room with Nor and keep silent" he said as he wrapped his palm around the handle of his sword.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back