• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

The Results are in!

Curse you RPN. I had just begun to accept the light, now you tempt me yet again. Why must your bounty be so great? Your consideration for my preferences will condemn me in the end.

I want t

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]The results are in!
I've decided to go with the original plan of not having a 6.0 until the new version of the software comes out in a year or two.

Instead. I'll just tease to you all Project "The Nyte Life".

My attempt at creating a night made using the dark version of the style we use.

firefox_2016-03-19_23-37-13.png

This dank(dark) mode is still not set in stone. But I've also tweaked the blues for it because they were too bright. I'm basically making a second version of the site which is what I didn't want to do ever ;(. But I'll try for you guys if we are going to stay with 5.0 for a while.

firefox_2016-03-19_23-41-51.png

I expect all the tribute.

Of course the white version is still main but you will be able to switch into this.

[/QUOTE]
The nyte life looks quite good.

FreeMustang said:
Please leave it white. Gah... Black backgrounds make my eyes hurt. >.< It's awful.
It's an option. You can choose either a white or black theme for the site. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
FreeMustang said:
So it won't change automatically for any one? Great!
Nope :) Those who prefer black can change the theme to that, but the default will be a white background.

The Dark Theme...it looks, *croaky breath* sublime. At least it will be an option, for those who wish to go to dark...

[QUOTE="Lord Shaxx]You guys are hurting my brain.

[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE="Lord Shaxx]Well time to unwatch this thread.

[/QUOTE]
You, are Shaxx...of the Crucible, yes? I have heard much of you from Guardians...

Threads such as these often lose their...sanity. Wise to leave when you can, unless you want to see what is said, then it can be fuuuun...or not~

FreeMustang said:
So it won't change automatically for any one? Great!
White will be the 'main' theme. It will be the theme everyone sees until they change it themselves. White will remain the theme we, the staff, continue to gear all updates for and we will expect everyone's posts in non roleplay forums to be readable on the light version. So, yes, light will remain, dark will just be a secondary choice.

welian said:
I suggest lowering the contrast between the text color and the post background color for the dark theme, since that white on black in the screencaps is causing quite a bit of eye strain at the moment - but that's just a matter of tweaking some color values in the style sheet.
I agree

Wow. This brings me back to the good old days when the Master Dark Theme ruled supreme and there were boxes of different sizes cluttering the homepage, locked in eternal struggle over advertising space for RPs.

The days.

You know I'm all in, Wiz. I'm all in. Thank you.

*woof*

This sounds incredible. A fairly easy way to mitigate the loss of BBCode integrity is to manually enter the same background color as the color of post backgrounds for whichever version you're using. It'll reduce the margins a little, but be totally worth it.

EDIT: ON that note, would it be possible for Staff to provide the HTML color codes for both versions somewhere easily accessible?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back