• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings The Real World is Overrated.

Scrubnoppon

Hotdog Windshield Wiper
Hey everyone! I have an idea that I’ve been playing around with for a while. I have a point A and a point B but I don’t know how I’m gonna get to each. So i thought it’d be fun to translate it into a role play!

The idea is something like this:
In the near future, a popular tech company releases a new revolutionary game console, that is touted to have fantastic graphics, hundreds of developers lined up to make games, and all around good press. But on the fateful launch day, all the users are sucked into their consoles!
People panic at first, but a small society is formed by all the people who were trapped within. An effort is made to take nothing and turn it into a bustling, thriving town through the power of code. An economy
begins to form, and life within the digital world is somewhat steady.
Many make a living by entering in and out of games to find items and selling them to the shopkeepers in the hub, which harbors a decent profit. And the cherry on top? No permanent death!
My character would be an eccentric young high schooler who knows a good deal about coding and decides to help with the effort to start/code a small city for people to live, work, and visit known as the “Hub”. For this he gets a free plot of land and starts up his own business which he calls a “Jack-of-all-trades Shop.” In which he takes any case, problem, or anything someone needs assistance with at all! When he’s not helping others, he’s looking for a way out.
Nobody has a clue what’s happening in the real world, or if they can leave at all. But just as the young man begins to lose hope of escaping... a mysterious person visits our main character, enlisting his protection from a group of unknown assailants. With the help of his special weapon- the CodeGun:tm:. he helps his mysterious visitor, who unknowingly wraps him into a fight for the fate of the digital world, and the future of those within it.
Why was everyone sucked into their game consoles? Who was behind it? Who is the mysterious person and who are the assailants? Will everyone be able to escape or will they be trapped within the confines of this game forever? Does anyone even want to?

This idea opens up much further along it goes, but without giving away too much there are major themes of creation, escapism, and realism. When looking for a partner, the character they’d choose can be whatever. A shopkeeper? Sure! The afformenrimed mysterious stranger? Fantastic! mob from a game that somehow breached their way into the hub? Go for it! In a video game setting, anyone can be anything, so the possibilities are almost endless. As long as they have some justification for tagging along with our main pal here!
I’m pretty lax when it comes to Sheets but We’ll cross that bridge when we get there!
If you have any questions, or are interested, DM me! I’d be happy to turn this idea into reality!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back