• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Queen's Hand (Victorian Superpower Agency) [CLOSED]

Well, first of all, can I use an anime appearance pic instead of using a real-life picture? Most of the sheets I've seen have those and I would feel more comfortable putting a Victorian age anime character pic in the section.

Secondly, if it's alright with you, what would be the beginning tier of Power Absorption? I know there's to be no godmodding, but it's just a cool power regardless. I was thinking about putting two powers genetically inherited from the mother and father's DNA. The first would probably be this (if not I can think of something else), the other being a bit more impeding.

Specifically, the power is dubbed Calorie Shield, mainly a defensive ability. Now, this power allows one to negate attacks or solid projectiles at the cost of taking an amount of calories based upon the force of the impact. However it can't block everything, such as heat, cold, poison, etc, but its something.

Now, as far as a character backstory goes, I've given some thought about this that would fit the character's theme. As it stands, I could go either way in serving the crown as an agent Queen's Hand, or I could go the Villainous rogue type if you need an anti-hero to counterbalance the amount of players.

The last of these questions pertains not to the RP but out of curiosity. To what means of inspiration did you have to create this idea (not that it's bad thing, rather its good)? I understand if it was a 'spur of the moment' kind of thing.
Hello,
I would strictly prefer the use of realistic face claims I understand style preference but for this RP realistic face claims is a must.

For Power Absorption it would have to be a temporary effect for the other person if you're talking about actually absorbing power from the other individual. There would have to be some adjustments and limitations set so that it wouldn't be so overpowered. A beginning tier I could think of is maybe like siphoning power? If we're starting out basic I would think some limitations would be that not all the power is absorbed/ there is a limit to how much you can absorb. And also how much time it is kept in the body before it becomes dangerous. Just a thought but of course you can get creative with this. I am iffy on powers being inherited from parents since this was more of an emergence in random individuals.

I will say to stray away from going down the villainous archetype route as I have something planned involving new characters down the road. Not that all our characters are going to be "goody-two-shoes" mind you but they will all start out as agents of the Queen's Hand.

To answer your last question, this premise came about from another story I had worked on a few years ago involving the Opium Wars. I ended up combining that story with the character backstory I had for Edgar Kinsley (founder of the Queen's Hand). I actually made this into an RP about 2 years ago on another forum and wanted to try it here. :)

I hope this answers your questions! I'm also happy to talk through PM, I have better notifications on there.

Hello,
I would strictly prefer the use of realistic face claims I understand style preference but for this RP realistic face claims is a must.

For Power Absorption it would have to be a temporary effect for the other person if you're talking about actually absorbing power from the other individual. There would have to be some adjustments and limitations set so that it wouldn't be so overpowered. A beginning tier I could think of is maybe like siphoning power? If we're starting out basic I would think some limitations would be that not all the power is absorbed/ there is a limit to how much you can absorb. And also how much time it is kept in the body before it becomes dangerous. Just a thought but of course you can get creative with this. I am iffy on powers being inherited from parents since this was more of an emergence in random individuals.

I will say to stray away from going down the villainous archetype route as I have something planned involving new characters down the road. Not that all our characters are going to be "goody-two-shoes" mind you but they will all start out as agents of the Queen's Hand.

To answer your last question, this premise came about from another story I had worked on a few years ago involving the Opium Wars. I ended up combining that story with the character backstory I had for Edgar Kinsley (founder of the Queen's Hand). I actually made this into an RP about 2 years ago on another forum and wanted to try it here. :)

I hope this answers your questions! I'm also happy to talk through PM, I have better notifications on there.
Alright. Thank you for answering, and I guess I might have to drop out on this one then. I truly hope your RP takes of strong!

Understandable, but thank you and I wish you the best of luck in all your other RPs!
Thanks! Remember the three RP's of RP, and you'll do fine.

1: Rest Periodically, to give yourself time to think.
2: Read Progressively, In the aspects of the RP elements that make up your fiction.
3: Remember People, as it's an important duty to make sure everyone participating is taken care of.

Bump! For those just getting here and are interested, CS application page is available here Fantasy - Queen's Hand CS

And deadline for applications are June 7th 10:00 pm EST. I'm only accepting a certain number of players and will make a discord server after the deadline.

Last edited:
Is this still accepting? Based on my name i am sure one can guess at least one of my characters. Though i wont be going the normal venue for strength, most with super strength as a power would be stronger.

Is this still accepting? Based on my name i am sure one can guess at least one of my characters. Though i wont be going the normal venue for strength, most with super strength as a power would be stronger.
Yes, we're still accepting! Applications close on June 7th

Yes, we're still accepting! Applications close on June 7th
Excellent ill get caught up on the lore and other cs's so i dont step on toes. Then come up with a character i think will fit well. I sent you the first power idea but i can certainly come up with alternatives if need be.

This looks very interesting! If there's room for me, I'd love to join the fun!
Still open for applications over at our CS page though I'm only accepting a certain amount of players feel free to apply and ask any questions!

ef2f4041ea556b0fd9a0a25baeef7875.jpg
Role: Queen's Hand Secretary / Lady-in-waiting
Department: Support
Ability: N/A
Description: Daughter of Edgar Kinsley, helps out the agency from time to time on behalf of her father.

do you by chance know the name of this model? i've been searching everywhere- i'm using her in another one of my rps but all i could find was a generic search for her.

do you by chance know the name of this model? i've been searching everywhere- i'm using her in another one of my rps but all i could find was a generic search for her.
Unfortunately, I haven't had much luck trying to find her name either. Sorry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back