• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Queen's Guard

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

Enolx

Time to murder the English language.
The kingdom of Alexandria was once a weak land ruled by wealthy corrupt landlords. People suffered and with the country at the end of its ropes, hope had never even been thought of as an option. As crime, violence, and slavery ran rampant one woman came forward to oppose it. Armed only with strong convictions and an unbreakable will, she fought against the evil that plagued her land.

Her will, passion, and knowledge drew the attention of the landlords who saw their power threatened. Even with the threats on her life she did not waver. When the threats became actual attempts on her life it seemed like it would be the end of the countries one ray of light. Just when the woman was about to break, alone in her fight, one by one warriors came. The warriors came from all walks of life drawn to the woman for one reason or another but, they all had one thing in common they were some of the strongest warriors of the world.

With the strongest warriors at her side and a goal for the future, she pressed on. Landlord after landlord fell to her, and soon she had freed the country from its oppressive system. The people knowing who they owed their new lives to declared the woman queen. The woman took the position with pride, knowing that from here she could make real change and protect the land she cared for. She also knew that she did not get here alone and because of that the warriors that stood by her before became her personal guard.

As the kingdom of Alexandria started becoming stable, power hungry individuals and neighboring countries constantly attacked trying to take control of the newly revived country's fertile lands and prime location for trade. Whenever the country was in danger the Queen's elite guard always managed to protect it. Their skills and abilities made the warriors and the Queen they served the symbol of the country.

Now Alexandria has established itself and when people hear the name Alexandria they think of the great queen who leads and her master guard who defends it.

Who knew the job of the Queen required so much time and labor? Despite the effort, it was worth it to her, to put the needs of the kingdom above hers.

Countless days and nights were spent calculating every aspect of the kingdom with the guard. There was much to fix, but also things to implement. Although, they had improved quite a bit, it still wasn't enough. Annalise sat at a large, circular table with the guard and a feather in her hand and rugged paper with multiple strikes. It wasn't enough. Her ideas, theirs. Though, she felt defeated under the stress at the moment, she knew there was a way to get things into order.

Two maps layed outstretched in the middle. One showed the region they resided in, while the other was Alexandria. "We need to reset the knights again. Ruffians, thieves, false merchants... There's too many open areas." She reached over to a couple spots on the outskirts of the Alexandria map. "Those are the most exposed areas." Annalise sighed, and leaned back. The skin under her eyes bared a resemblance to half moons, and her skin was drained of color. "And those are just the small attacks. Merely inconveniences. I know we have bigger attacks coming our way. A battle possibly. We need to keep training, keep ourselves alert at all times. You never know when the next attack is coming. But- I know you all can do it."

It was common sense, at least for them to be on their toes at all times. Something was always happening, and most times, it was not good. "Anyways, I'm all ears for any ideas." Her gaze swept across the table, meeting each individual's eyes. She knew they had just as much of a say in the ruling as her. They had a voice, and it would be heard.

JEZEBEL QUEEN - THEME SONG
Meanwhile... in the South...
in the canyons and deserts...
in Concordia...

Murmuring tribal drums, humming chorus of ghosts!
Blustering bowls of flame! Spiraling shadows down pillars!

Chambermaids in pristine, diamond-dusted gowns. Guards in black, billowing shrouds. All heads masked in sharply crushed diamonds and white jewels, glinting sinister. A legion; they file in the throne room with no words, dragging in a beaten Chambermaid in a tattered dress, covered in bruises and cuts. She falls on her knees hard. They rip off her mask. Unworthy.

Her bowed face weeps as they scissor hair off, out of her face.
She knows in her heart this means execution by death stare.

Opposite of her, across the long throne room, lit up with hellfire, sits the most fearsome Gorgon Queen in an overflowing black dress, crossing a leg over the other, a dainty hand raising back the black cobwebbed veil. The Counsel, the Chambermaids, and the Guards do not need to turn their jeweled heads. Women call her Candace, a hereditary title that means "queen mother". Men call her Lorelei, a cautionary name that means "luring rock". But enemies, those few who have survived her, call her Jezebel. Her foggy, glassy, grey eyes stare ahead with savagery.

"You," says the Queen of Concordia incisively, "attacked me in my bed."
The assassin weeps harder hearing the wrath destroy the air.
"You must hate me."
The woman shakes her head, shell-shocked at where this is going.
"You have a child."
The woman shakes her head again. Too quick, too defensive.
"... Bring in her daughter."
She gasps as they do, "No! No!"

The ten-year-old girl is strong-armed into the room; pale, mute, and too stunned to cry. Mother and daughter stare at each other with olive green eyes, knowing better than to make eye contact with their dictator. They seem to silently communicate, but the mother is too heartbroken and bows her head, resigned to their fate. The Queen tilts her head, curiously.

"You love your daughter?"
The woman nods with all her heart.
"Tell me how much."
"I'd die for her!!"

The Queen veils her hard face, accepting this answer. "Both of you will leave my castle."
The woman looks up without meaning to, startled and relieved that they will be safe.
Candace, not Jezebel, looks back at her. "Both of you will never see me again."

The former Chambermaid clutches her chest at her pounding elated heart.
As instructed, the Guards lead the two out of the throne room.

The Counsel leans to her, "My advice still stands. To let them go puts you at risk."

"Yet you know not mother nature, my dear," says the Queen. "There are greater matters at hand, Counsel. A world war. Alexandria may now have an acting Queen, this... this Annalise... but it is still a motherless land. It is still a kingdom weak, balanced on a razor's brink. Naively on the verge of collapse. I am their last hope. A great many souls shall suffer and perish, if I do not come claim them!"

As snakes slither through her wild blackness, the Queen of Concordia looks on from her draconic throne. From the depths of the earth, from halls and canyons, where dragons swoop and thunder.

"Concordia must be the one to save Alexandria...!"

sg3JNCU.gif

Last edited:
Sharkali woke up in the arms of a knight statue that adorned the castle roof. As he stretched, the majority of his body hung over open expanse. Below him was the castle court yard, and above him was the endless night sky. Sharkali let his arms hang and looked up at the moon and stars above. As he turned his head he looked over the whole of Alexandria with a smile. It had been some time since he had come to this land, and even with the many trials he had faced, he had truly come to love this place. As he looked over the city he could see the differences from what it had once been. As he laid in the arms of the knight, he pulled out his flute and played as he waited for the sun to rise.

As the sun began to rise a golden glow illuminated the city. What was once broken, impoverished, and bleak, was now a shining gem of beauty and happiness. Sharkali watched as the city came alive with the sun, and the world below him began to move. Merchants set up show, guards walked the paths, and farmers started work in their fields. As he looked below himself he saw that the castle was starting to wake as well, guards switched posts and servants scurried from place to place. Sharkali stood up in the knight's arms, surprisingly not breaking them, and stretched again. "I guess it is time to start my day as well," Sharkali said as he hopped on to the roof. He walked to the opposite edge and looked over the side. After his look, he back flipped twice before sprinting forward and front flipping of the side of the building.

Sharkali rang out his hair as he walked drenched outside of the castle walls. Since it was still early, he wouldn't be needed for guard duty, or the morning meeting for another hour or so. He hopped on the back of a cart that was exiting the castle and hitched a ride into town. His first stop was the barracks. He had been looking over the knights as they practiced and like to talk to them to get regular updates on what was going on in the city. He got some waves and salutes as he walked through the training field, and laughed when he heard one of the recruits ask who he was. Compared to the other guards he was fairly normal. He didn't have an eye patch to go along with a scary grimace, and he was defiantly not a huge giant in armor. To most, he was just that guy who danced and played music without a shirt in the markets.

After an update from the knight captain, he learned that the streets had been relatively quiet. Other than the occasional pickpocket, and drunken dispute there hadn't been anything to the same level as those first weeks after the coup. With a bow, Sharkali gave his goodbyes and promised to talk later over some drinks. His next stop was to the builders sector to meet with Melodious, who was overseeing expansions and repairs. After a short walk, that would have been shorter if Sharkali hadn't stopped to help a struggling man move some crates, he made it to Melodious' workshop. After a detailed explanation of his work, Sharkali had learned that they were far ahead of scheduled, and that the only projects he had left to complete were various quality of life changes that the queen had suggested. After being offered a tour of the new and improved wall, Sharkali had to politely decline for a later time, as he would soon have to be back at the castle and he still had one more stop to make. After his goodbyes, Melodious threw Sharkali an apple and went back to work as Sharkali left.

Sharkali took to the roof tops, and ate his apple as he sprinted and vaulted from roof to roof. Being able to release some of his speed, this was his shortest trip of the day. He fell in front of an unassuming stone building, in side street, a little outside the market area. It was two floors, which made it a little taller than the buildings to its sides, but it wasn't as done up as is neighbors. As he approached the door, it blew open and a slew of kids ran out of the door. The first one out, a little girl, was not looking where she was going and ran right into Sharkali's leg. After falling to the ground she started to cry, but then looked at what she ran into. "Sharka!!!," She exclaimed with a wide smile and out stretched hands. Sharkali held his apple in his mouth and picked up the girl to carry her on his hip. After taking the apple out of his mouth he gave the girl a playful smile as he cheered "Loral" and kissed her on her forehead. "I hope you have been good," Sharkali said as he offered his apple to her. Loral nodded rapidly at least four time before saying, "I have been the best Sharka. The very best." Sharkali poked her nose and Loral giggled and squirmed in his arm.

"Sharkali," many tiny voices cheered before swarming all around him like angry bees "Did you bring us anything?" Before he could respond he was cut off be the voice of a woman yelling "What did I tell you about rushing outside. You need to be more....Sharkali!"

"Hello Lyra, I see your having a fun time this morning," Sharkali said with a smile as a kid tried to climb his leg.

"More than you would know," She responded "Shouldn't you be with the queen? You never know when anything could happen."

"You and my master could do with much more relaxing. I promise that everything is under control." Sharkali put down Loral and handed the boy on his leg, David, a top to play with and share with the others. With the kids distracted and Loral grasping on to his leg with a tiny hand, he walked up to Lyra and handed her a bag of coins.

"Thank you, but you don't have to give us your wage," Lyra said "I get a little money here and there..."

"I want to give this to you. This is the least I can do for all that you have given me. If you weren't you, I doubt any of this would be a thing. Many don't know what part you played, but I am proud to have had you as my master." Sharkali then picked up Loral and placed her in Lyra's free arm. He gave Lyra a quick kiss on the forehead and then sprinted off as he said "Have fun teaching school. I will visit when ever I get the chance."

After his last stop was done, he rushed back to the castle leaving dust clouds as the only evidence that he was even in the streets of the city. Without a drop of sweat on him he made his way through the castle, his clothes now dry even after this mornings dive. It wasn't long before he was in the conference room with the others listing to the queen give her reports for the day. As he listened to the queen talk he looked at her with worry and concern. She was clearly not in her best form, and the wear and tear was apparent. After she said she was ready for suggestions, Sharkali was the first to chime in.

"My Master, I have made my rounds around the city, so I can report on a lot of the issues you are concerning yourself about. The knights are doing well and their command structure is strong and loyal. Crime and misconduct is also very low. There is a few things here or there, but that's unavoidable when it comes to people who have their own thoughts. In regards to those exposed areas, I can say that this city is secure, and there is no need to rush and cover the far off exposed area. We can expand and recover the message network, so if anything happens at those spots we can warn the surrounding areas and ready places for refuges. We can't stretch ourselves too thin, we are still recovering our man power and working on new treaties. I believe that our real issues will come from one of the more aggressive countries making a move. I say that we should get out ahead of them and send emissaries. Since the Estia is recovering from a coup of their own, I say the more immediate threat is Concordia to the south. I can go to Concordia since I am familiar with the south, and I am the fastest man you have. It will also show proper respect since you would be sending one of your personal guard. You will still have Estria and Ulsaad, so one can defend you and the other can protect the country while I'm gone. My most important suggestion is that you get some rest my master. It seems like the trials of the job are getting to you, and neglecting yourself will only hurt the country in the long run. After you have recovered, Meoldious has offered to show off his improvements to the cities defenses. I would recommend that you take one of the guys and check it out, it will be good for you to get out of the castle for a bit."

Sharkali let out a breath as he finished. "If this plan is acceptable, I can leave immediately," He said with a slight bow.

The Monarch Killer
Khaoul Hawthorne
160b0e8f58e424a0583a3fa21ea0b8c6.jpg

Two slender individuals walked down a forest path, appearing dejected and sullen yet not quite defeated. A mother and daughter, Khaoul guessed, eyeing the two from the shadows with interest. They were coming from Concordia, a place where people didn't really leave without good reason. The two didn't appear to really have much with them and the mother looked somewhat beaten up. Traitors, perhaps? An intriguing thought crossed the assassin's mind as he rested the in the shade of one of the many forest trees.

It was early morning and dawn had since broken across the land, divine sun rays splaying through the tree canopy haphazardly. Khaoul had been journeying towards Concordia - although his title would suggest otherwise, he did not always visit countries to murder their leaders. Hiring his service out as a hired sword was not uncommon for him, although usually it was just information buying and selling, trading secrets for secrets as was custom with his profession. His most recent involvement was a certain coup in a neighbouring country. Not Alexandria, surprisingly, but Estia had found Khaoul's attention. Masquerading as an imperial assassin, he'd attempted to aid the former Emperor by subduing the succubus he had somehow managed to capture so that he could... merge with her. Khaoul still had no idea what the man was planning with his counterattack against the revolters, but he didn't particularly mind when the new Emperor rose to power. In the end, the son was mightier than the father after all.

His mind refocused to the situation at hand as the two females began to approach his tree at the path's side. As the drew near, his shadowed form raised a hand in greeting, "Salutations, traitors. What terrible tale must you have to reason fleeing from such a fine country?" He was met with fearful looks and obvious apprehension, causing the assassin to wave his hand dismissively, "I'm not affiliated with the Queen. I simply wish to know your story. Some good material for a travelling bard, eh?" The scared looks eased and curious incomprehension replaced them. From their position, the sun shining in their eyes added to the shade concealing Khaoul's body stopped the two from properly seeing the individual they were talking to, yet they could vaguely make out a glint of some kind of metal, perhaps money, and a hood fitted over his head.

"I was a Chambermaid to the Queen. I-I tried to kill her while she slept but-but... I failed." Tears threatened the woman's eyes but she seemed to find some resolve and determinedly dashed them from her face, "My daughter and I are going to Alexandria. We can escape her tyranny there." Khaoul nodded to himself and hummed in agreement, "An admirable thing to do, then. Such villains are exempt from judgement when they themselves are the executioner. It is good that you felt you had to take such matters into your own hands." This earned him a strange friendly smile from the woman, although the child didn't seem particularly happy about the situation as well. A breeze drifted by the three for a moment before settling again, the birds continuing their chirping with fervour. Khaoul smiled to himself, eyes closed having reached a conclusion, and stood up from his resting spot up against the tree. The mother and daughter had frozen, eyes staring at the shadow of a man, bodies stock still.

Khaoul revealed himself, stepping out into the sunlight and raising a hand to shield his eyes, "Unfortunately, you are missing a vital component required of any admirable assassin. Your failure tarnishes the title of 'assassin' with your continued existence, the pride of killer would never allow a job to go unfinished. Maybe if you had plans to return some day..." He stepped past the two and his smile faded, a wistful look entering his eyes as he gazed down the path they had come from, "...but you are already dead now." At that moment, two massive gashes burst from both Concordian's chests, tearing a massive trench all across the front of their torsos. They fell in unison, blood pouring from the wicked wounds as they died very soon after the initial appearance of the injuries. Khaoul began to walk away, the armour he wore and the weapons at his side making no metallic clinking sound like such weapons normally do. It would have been child's play to torture the woman into revealing the layout of the Queen's castle, but Khaoul didn't need such assistance.

A few hours later...

Khaoul entered the throne room of the Queen of Concordia dressed as one of her guards. Sneaking past all of the guards without being seen had been easy enough, his stealth abilities had seen to that. It had been much more difficult to approach the castle itself, especially with having to avoid being accidentally killed by various serpents and dragons. The throne room was lined with guards, but they wouldn't pose him much of a threat just yet. He already knew some of what this queen was capable of, specifically her infamously deadly gaze. Approaching the throne undaunted, Khaoul raised a second, slightly shorter sword pointed in the queen's direction, "Queen Jezebel, Ruler of the Queendom of Concordia. This nameless assassin has come to claim your life." His challenge was clear and blunt: despite remaining unnamed, he was definitely here to fight.

Lux___Wolf Lux___Wolf

Last edited:
A sinister grin emerged from the shadows "Yes...feel your flesh burning... let the flames consume you until nothing remains. This is your punishment for defying me!". The heat from the fire surged upward and cooked the victim. This was divine providence, pre-ordained karma. "AHAHAHAHAHAHA" the laughter seemed to fill the entire room, the echo bouncing off of the walls. "Sire.... are you monologuing while cooking meat in the dark again?" Lorenzo was frowning at his Emperor. Embarrassed, the sinister figure stepped out from the shadows and protested against such accusations. "NO LORENZO... I WAS HUNGRY AND...GOING OVER PLANS FOR THE FESTIVAL!!!" Drakkon was simply not the sort to monologue. Despite the fact that his associates may have caught him doing it a few times. Drakkon picked up the cooked slices of beef with a skewer and ate them.

"Right... anyway, the preparations for the Festival of the Dragon are almost done. We just need you to look at some of what we have so far" Lorenzo pushed his glasses up and walked out the door. Drakkon followed him outside the castle into the festively decorated city of Nagara. Everywhere were banners, posters, sculptures, art pieces, food and memorabilia styled like dragons. Today was an important Estian holiday. They celebrated the Dragon God Ryugamine in all his greatness. "Wow, they've really gone all out this year" said Drakkon as he looked at a pretty decent painting of Ryugamine. "Well Sire, ever since you took the throne and poured your soul into restoring Estia to its former glory. The people have regained their morale, which they're channeling into this festival" Lorenzo was looking at a clipboard. "So what're we checking out first?" asked Drakkon.

First up was the marketplace. They were selling things like Ryugamine statuettes, Ryugamine rugs, even Ryugamine chopsticks. "We're checking to make sure everything is appropriate and affordable" said Lorenzo as he looked over some vases. "Hey this vase is only 300Y! What a steal!" said an excited Drakkon. He knew exactly where to put this. It would go on his table, he'd put some flowers in there to liven up the place. "Emperor Drakkon... the vase can wait until you're done" Lorenzo was having none of this nonsense. Next they looked at a play being performed by the local children about Ryugamine slaying the evil god Takehaya-Jinzo. When they were finished practicing their scene, they ran over to greet the Emperor. "Your Majesty, Your Majesty.... did we do good?" one of them said. The other replied with "Yeah... do you think we're doing okay?". Crouching down, Drakkon messed up both of their hair. "It was great! Sometimes I wonder if I'm worthy of such admiration when the two of you have such amazing acting skills" Both children bowed to Drakkon before returning to their practice. "I see you're as humble as ever, Sire" Lorenzo pushed up his glasses again. "Not humble... I just understand that these children are the future of Estia. They deserve to know when they're doing the nation proud" Drakkon smiled.

Next on their list was the Red Dragon Teahouse. It was serving special "Dragon Style" dishes today. Sitting down, Drakkon and Lorenzo ordered some of the specials. Though only Drakkon was eating because Lorenzo was busy taking notes. First up was a spicy dumpling dubbed the "Ryudumpling" filled with several different kinds of hot pepper. Eating it, Drakkon felt pretty good about the slightly tangy flavor. As he was half-demon, spicy food tasted pretty normal to him. "I like it, the kick is immediate. Then it dissolves across the tongue" Drakkon gave it a 10/10. Next up was what looked like riceballs in the shape of dragons. These were supposedly called "Ryugamine Snack Balls". Taking a bite out of one, Drakkon admired the mild flavoring. Adding a dash of salt, he gave it a 10/10 as well. Finally he got a regular cup of tea, which was served in a cup that looked like a dragon. Drinking it, Drakkon said that the Red Dragon Teahouse had some good stuff.

Finally, they went up to Ryuji Temple. Images of a golden dragon were strewn about the place. Quite a few people were making donations and praying to Ryugamine. Some of them saw Drakkon and Lorenzo, bowing as they passed. "The temple is putting on a show of its own, they're doing the Dance of the Dragon" Lorenzo looked up from his clipboard. The Dance of the Dragon was a ceremony in which two groups of people gather in groups to dress up like dragons and reenact the battle between Ryugamine and his sister Senua. It was an event the temple got people together for, every year. "Its good to see everyone in such high spirits. It doesn't seem like that long ago, the last Emperor was stealing the donations to pay for lady favors" Drakkon placed his hands on his hips. Walking over to the shrine and throwing in some coins, Drakkon silently prayed to Ryugamine for good fortune. He and Lorenzo looked over the temples and talked to the priests and priestesses before heading back to the castle...

Ulsaad leaned back in his chair as his queen spoke, calmly working leather into a small pair of shoes. Even seated he towered over everyone in the room, yet his armored fingers moved deftly, moving needle and thread with an unconscious effort. Behind his helmet he smiled. These were coming along nicely. Soon he would have enough to give away.

He leaned over the map, pointing to various locations while his other hand continued to work the needle.

"These two areas near the mountain passes make the most sense for bandits to hold up in, and most of the incidents seem to be occurring within several leagues of these areas. If we divert patrols to the passes then activity should lessen over time."

With the pair of shoes finished he leaned back into his chair. He had to admit that Sharkali's plan was a good one, but he did not like the idea of the boy going alone. Not that there was really anything that could be done about it. The rebellion hadn't exactly left very many people who could qualify for Queen's Guard. Even worse, it hadn't exactly left many soldiers. As far as Ulsaad was concerned, rebuilding their army needed to be their first priority. Not that that was going to be any kind of easy.

He crossed his arms with a sigh.

"Sharkali has a good idea, but you should consider carefully. I don't like anything I have heard about that woman. She is a snake."

Estria sat unimpressed in the chair of the meeting room, cape hanging slightly off the edge of her chair and golden embroiled eyepatch placed firmly over her right eye as a small sigh escaped her pursed lips. Leaning further backwards she listened to the words of the other two members of the guard with lax and the bare minimum of concentration, her mind was elsewhere on more importantly the somewhat sickly appearance of their leader and the throbbing, stabbing pain deep in her gut.

It showed not on the girls face or body of any of this, simply a slightly glossy eye watching the queens every movement carefully whilst the occasional glance was given down at the map on the table. Heavy leather boots donned her seat with their metal clips clinking whenever she tapped her foot or moved it up into a crossed position upon the other knee, her shirt white hair framing her face in messy spikes as she waited for the pair to finish with their suggestions. "Everything is fine as is. No need to change what isn't broken…." she muttered in a somewhat disrespectful appearing manner giving the back of her head a slow and laid back rub, she wasn't exactly known for being the most friendly, even towards their ruler.

"If you ask me those Concordian's are nothing but trouble, rumours say the whole place is packed with dragons though they rarely attack without evident signs…. I say we wait for further moves, stay here and work on our own issues before running off to other places." she finished. Fewer words exchanged than that of the other two but nonetheless her own original input catered to the situation from her view.

Slowly she leant forwards resting hands on the table with a light pulled back lip suggesting an almost grimace like expression as she fidgeted with one of her many daggers, the pain was growing almost unbearable, even for herself and she stood abruptly, beginning to leave the room with a small bead of sweat trickling down the corner of her forehead.

( Interacting/Mentioned )
Nexmaroc Nexmaroc Enolx Enolx Soprano Soprano Cosmos Cosmos

Almost as soon as she was done speaking, Sharkali spoke. She nodded in agreement and comprehension as he spoke aloud. "Very well, Sharkali. You may leave- On one term, though. I want you to bring some sort of protection. Be it armor or a weapon of some sort. You're a free spirit, Sharkali, but not invincible. It is not you I don't trust, it is the Concordian's. As for my rest, don't worry, I am fine. I will roam the streets sometime today." She gave him a final nod of approval before turning to Ulsaad.

"That makes sense. I shall send a letter later today, perhaps noon, detailing my requests. As for Sharkali, I believe in him. If he is in trouble, we will know." She chuckled at the remark of the Queen. "Quite literally, I believe. I hope there's never a day I have to meet with her, but if must, it should be at negotiation. I'd hate for it to be at war." She had heard stories of the fierce and merciless Queen. Annalise hoped to never face her in bad circumstances.

She turned her head to the final member to speak. "I would not consider it 'running off'. I just want to stay prepared at all costs. But you are right, Estria, domestic issues are my main concern as of right now."

Annalise stood up and gathered the papers spread across the table. "You all are dismissed for today. Thank you. Feel free to contact me from my chambers anytime today." She nodded to each member before exiting the room. It was the library she was off to next where the papers were set in their place.

The kingdom had become a beautiful place recently. People and businesses thrived under her rule, and she was proud. As of now, everything appeared stable, but she knew not to exhale. There was an underlying threat looming from the south, a threat she could not avoid. A threat that she would face sooner or later.

Mention: Kloudy Kloudy

A soft and slow cackle comes beneath Jezebel's black veil.

"We've been expecting you, my dear," she says, and this is true. The Guards and the Counsel has not moved, and among the ranks stands her son, Drake. Thick hard-scaled snakes slither down the pillars and drop from the swarming ceiling.

The Queen lifts the veil. Her foggy gray eyes anticipate any movement.

"Had you not killed that Chambermaid, I would not have seen you coming. I see through all my servants, even the exiled ones... Those poor girls. Poor, poor girls! My mercy was short-lived. Perhaps that should make you think twice on the necessity of whose life you think is yours to claim. And my, my! How swift you are. Saw no sign of movement, heard not a sound. No trace of violence. Most unusual for a nameless assassin."

The most venomous snakes in the world hiss like cats and fire.

"It is no secret that I fear your ability, my dear," says the Queen. Her Gorgon eyes train most angrily at this unwelcome intruder, ever searching for an accidental kill.

"However, I fear for the fate of Concordia more than my life. I fear for the fate of the neighboring nations for if you strike me down, there is no ruler left. There's no telling what my dragons will do. Mark my words and heed them well..."

"Without Mother, they will soar, and they will scourge everyone."

65c64e2757ac6c153e3bd8fae04bcc45.jpg

Last edited:
Sharkali smiled at Ulsaad's response. He hadn't even thought about possible hideouts, just about what to do after attacks. He found himself glad that he was not alone in this. After hearing Ulsaad agree with his plan, Sharkali gave the man a shallow bow of acknowledgement.

Sharkali had his only worry when Estria spoke up. He had seen how the woman didn't seem to have complete focus on the task at hand. It made him wonder if she would be this absent minded when it came to protecting his master while he was away. Upon closer viewing, he saw the way she focused on the queen as he talked, and he started to feel a little better. It was when she talked of sitting back and doing nothing, that a frown touched his face. He couldn't believe how short sighted the woman was. It is because Concordia is trouble that they should be acting. When Estria got up and began to leave before being dismissed, Sharkali couldn't help but worry about how things would be while he was gone.

Although thoughts ran through his head, Sharkali found himself grinning after his master answered. "My master, I am a weapon," Sharkali responded "But I will have my spear and Kotl to look out for me while I am there. I will return as soon as possible. Be safe until then."

After they were dismissed Sharkali walked over to Ulsaad. I'll speed over there, so I should be able to make the trip in a day and a half if I don't stop. I'll then need to rest for a bit before visiting the queen. Overall, I should be gone for no more than a week. If something holds me for longer, I will send word. Can you take over dealing with the knights while I'm gone? Also, if you need me to return, send a bird with something that smells of the queen to Concordia. As long as conditions aren't bad, I should be able to smell it."

Sharkali then turned to Estria before she left. "I'm not sure what's going on with you, but fix it, or let someone know," He declared "You two are the last line that Alexandria and the queen have. Don't put people in danger for your own pride."

Sharkali then made his way to the nearest window. "I'm counting on you two," Sharkali said as he jumped out of the opening to the ground below.

The jump was no where near as high as his earlier one, so he was fine with a normal landing. Heights that would break most men, were nothing to him and this one was no different. After landing he made his way to the stables. In the first stall was a gargantuan red horse bigger, larger, and more muscular than any other horse he had ever seen. It had a dominating presence and because of this, most of the other horses had to be housed away from him. As Sharkali walked past it, the horse snorted and stomped at being ignored. Sharkali held out a hand and stroked the horses' head for a moment. "Calm yourself boy," he said softly " I would never think of ignoring you. I will see you when I get back." The horse gave a quick nod, and Sharkali made his way to the stall directly next to the red horses'. In the second stall there was more normal sized horse with a much smaller build and a shining metallic white coat. This horses stall was left completely open and when Sharkali walked to it, the horse stood and walked out to him. "Let's go Kotl," Sharkali said "We have a hard run ahead of us. Get saddled up and meet me at Lyra's home." Then horse neighed and then stomped twice before galloping off.

When Sharkali arrived at Lyra's home, he found that everyone was away. "I guess they are still at school," Sharkali said as he entered the house. He smiled as he walked over various toys left on the floor. He stopped for a moment and shrugged before deciding to clean up. After putting the toys away he walked to the second floor and into the main bedroom. He couldn't control his laugh when he saw even more toys on the bed. "Come on guys," Sharkali said as he picked up these toys as well "I need to stop giving them so many toys." After finishing a second time, he walked to the head of the bed and grabbed a long green spear that hung above. He kept his weapon here for one reason, to remind himself why he uses it.

When he left the house, Kotl was waiting for him. He tied the spear to the side of the horse and made sure Kotl had all the supplies the two would need. "Lets run Kotl," Sharkali said as he took off down the street with Kotl charging beside him. It wasn't long before the two of them left the city walls, and as soon as they did, the two of them increased their speed. Kotl was one of the best breeds of horses for endurance running, and one of the few surviving members from a special breed that originated from his homeland. The two of them were of the same soul, forgotten royalty.

The duo crossed distances in time with would be impossible for most, and kept their speed as the did. Even as the sun began to set, the two of them continued. The land changed from beautiful grassland, to stunning forest, to striking wetlands. It was when the sun began to rise again, that Sharkali had made it to mountainous terrain. It was at this terrain that Kotl needed to stop and rest. Sharkali grabbed his spear and told Kotl to catch up to him when he was ready before taking off once again.

It was only an hour later that the water touched mountains began to transform into mountainous desert and canyons. Sharkali stopped at the top of a mountain and sat to look over the land known as Concordia. Even with the vastness of the sands, he could still feel the life that the land held. He breathed in the smells of the sands, and felt the hot wind on his face. He looked up to the sky and then his gaze seemed to extend far past what he could see. "Father. Mother," Sharkali said "I have returned." After another wind blew over him he rose and made his way into the land of his enemy.

By the time he made his way down the mountain, Kotl had caught up to him. Now that he had reached his destination there was no need for him to run, so he reattached his spear and mounted Kotl. Finally feeling the weight of his fatiuge, he pointed the direction they needed to go, and fell asleep in the saddle.

The rain relentlessly cascaded as lightning colored the sky in bursts. Thunder bellowed with a constant, almost rhythmic, drumming causing all other sound to be reduced to a whisper in its wake. "Please I'll give you anything," the man pleaded as he backed away, crawling on the floor. As he looked around for a way of escape all he saw was the corpses of those who had once been called to protect him. Their bodies were broken as was most everything else around him. As he looked at the bodies his memories of recent events flooded back to him. He could hear the sounds in his head as he slowly backed away. Even with the thunder, the sound was so loud. Now that it was in his head it was deafening.

Bones snapping. Screaming. Bones snapping. Screaming. Wall breaking. Bones snapping. Screaming. Floor crunching. Metal crunching. Bones snapping. Screaming. Metal clanging. Bones snapping. Screaming.

The sounds kept playing in his head and as the man started screaming he was not sure what was him and what was in his head. He started to cry as he backed away. He looked into the eyes of his assailant. They were so cold, so cold. Those were the eyes of the dead. " What did I do wrong," the man asked " Why god would you send this upon me. I have done wrong, but nothing deserving of this. Please god help me! Someone help..." His words stopped when he collided with a wall. "Please, please please," the man begged " I have a wife and family, I will do anything, give you anything." He watched as the man crouched and looked him dead in the eyes. They were so empty. Then his assailant spoke, his volume normal, coming through clearly even in the tempest. " Your pleading is worthless," the assailant stated. The man then watched as the killer got up and walked to his right. He was saved, but he did wonder why he had left him. That did not matter to the man, for now he needed to get his family and get out while he could. "I just need to go to my chamber and..." The man was cut off by the scream of a woman. Then he heard it again.

Bones snapping. Screaming.

The man slowly turned to his right, towards the direction of the sound. He had not realized where he had crawled to. In horror, his eyes locked upon his emerald green chamber door. He rushed up, like a man possessed, threw open the heavy slightly cracked door. He dropped to his knees and watched the rapid events that took place. He saw his entire family who had been hiding in his chamber broken apart. The killer moved as if dancing to music, snapping necks, shattering rib cages, leaving bodies bent in unnatural positions, or embedded into the stone walls. As the man watched he heard the music that his assailant was dancing to, It was a tune he had memorized.

Bones snapping. Screaming. Bones snapping. Screaming. Wall breaking. Bones snapping. Screaming. Floor crunching. Metal crunching. Bones snapping. Screaming. Metal clanging. Bones snapping. Screaming.

Through his tears all the man could see was his freshly dyed chamber, the pieces of the people he once loved, and the devil in the middle of it all. He watched as the devil turned and kicked down the stone wall behind him. "What do you want?," the man screamed " You have taken everything from me! I have nothing left to give you." The devil just looked at the man and stepped to the side of the wall he kicked down. The man looked at the devil and then a the hole.

He knew what the devil wanted. He knew the devil would get it. He saw what the devil could do. He heard what the devil could do. He could not defy the devil. The man walked to the broken wall and looked down at the massive drop to the stone below. At least it would be over, at least he would be with his family, at least the sound would stop. "God please make it stop," the man said as he walked over the edge.

Rain..... Thunder.....thud......Rain......

Sharkali woke from his sleep when Kotl shook him awake. He looked up to see what they were coming upon. In front of them was a city built around an oasis. Unlike the world surrounding them, this land was lush and colorful. "Well buddy," Sharkali said trying to wake himself up the rest of the way "It looks like we should see what Concordia has to offer." In response Kotl neighed and tapped the ground twice before taking the two of them into the city.

The Monarch Killer
Khaoul Hawthorne
160b0e8f58e424a0583a3fa21ea0b8c6.jpg

Khaoul raised a curious eyebrow as a breeze wafted past him slightly. Glancing at his hand, one would notice he suddenly had his dagger out, a long sharp blade best suited for extremely close-quarter combat.On the floor, several snakes lay day, their heads severed. Although no sound had been made or any movement seen, those that hadn't been focusing on the snakes would simply see their lifeless bodies, torn asunder by the assassin's sharp blade, and of course Queen Jezebel had her gaze trained directly on him. He was able to glance at her surroundings indirectly, catching sight of her in his peripherals to avoid her death-inducing gaze. Khaoul twirled the dagger in his hand slow enough for those present to perceive it, blood flicked off its sleek metal, "So those two were still under the witch's spell? No matter, whether I am expected or not, no oversight shall see me fall before my prey. It is fate that my blade will spill your venomous blood upon these abused lands."

The queen continued to speak, admitting her fear for his powers. He allowed himself a grim smile; for all his experience and maturity, he could never quash that streak of vanity that ran through him as hot as the blood he had spilled in his lifetime. It felt to get recognition, even as a nameless killer. For a moment, he pondered whether he should tell the queen his real title before killing her. It's not like she'd remain alive for much longer to cause him much issue and watching as realisation dawned on her as to who her killer truly was would be quite satisfying. All throughout this thought process he was half listening to the queen continue her speech and half analysing each and every guard and snake in the room for the slightest sign of immediate murderous intent. And then Jezebel finished and the gravity of her implication instead dawned on him. 'If she were to die, those dragons would begin to ravage this land. Although the destruction would be random and equal, it may cause me a nuisance sometime in the future. And I hate dragons, they take too long to kill.' he thought.

Despite being one of the world's most renowned assassins, the man frowned almost as if he were sulking, apparently displeased at a thought he'd just had. Another breeze drifted by and suddenly Khaoul had moved across the throne room in the blink of an eye. There were rumours that 'The Monarch Killer' possessed unearthly powers from another unholy plane, but it was honestly less satanic than that. No, demonic was more suited to his style. Teleportation and super speed. Of course, none of those present may have heard these rumours, nor would they know which of the two it could possibly be. Khaoul decided he would make things easier both for his prey and for himself. He raised his dagger and pointed it at the queen, although to avoid her stare his gaze rested on her Counsel instead, "I came to ensure you were not a threat to this world. Bring me your strongest champion, or face me yourself, and we shall see if my judgement has been clouded." The test was simple: if Jezebel or her minion was not strong enough to pose him much of a threat, then there would be no need for him to rid her of this world. If she proved to be a troublesome individual, then he would have no choice but to nip her potential in the bud.

"Be wary now. You face The Monarch Killer, champion assassin of this realm. There has been no enemy capable of defeating me yet." This time, when Khaoul twirled the dagger, he did so with such speed that it blew a sizeable gale in all directions just from the sheer force of the movement, a loud boom sounding from the still weapon. He still had yet to draw his sword, however, and therein laid the true poison within the assassin's fang.

Lux___Wolf Lux___Wolf (really sorry about the wait)

Mention: Kloudy Kloudy

"If you are who you say you are," Jezebel said unblinking. "Though, I don't doubt it."

She spoke more quickly and with more fire. The Counsel brought out his Loyal Blade, the most chief of Guards. While it was sharp and glamorous, he turned its width horizontally on a defensive stance. More snakes fell from the ceiling in many slithering clumps. Those lifeless and beheaded began twitching as new heads molted from their severed ends. Drake kneeled, head twitching, mouth gagging softly, neck bulging. A draconic spike protruded from the back of his neck, and his tailbone elongated into a swishy reptilian tail which ripped through his regal black and gold clothes.

"The myth that we've been told for the past decade ... was clear. If a ruler's actions were deemed unworthy, then they were visited by the Monarch Killer. Well, my dear, what precisely have I done to deserve this? If I were truly a threat to this world, the dragons would be everywhere by now. I must say, your hostility is senseless."

Muffled booms of the dragons that had perched and clambered rumbled around the tower. Drake's palm cracked apart, fingers enlarging into behemoth claws of obsidian talons. The right side of his youthful face mangled upward into scaly wrinkles, and a dinosaur eye of red, yellow, and green snapped open. Feathered whiskers sprouted as his ribcage rattled with a sonorous purr. He was changing.

Jezebel eyed Khaoul, "Do you not recognize when you've entered an angered nest?"

Drake was no more, and in his place in the throne room was a fully fledged dragon with toxic spikes and scales harder than stone. Hunched and bristled a savage leonine dragon, ready to pounce. More snakes fell from all corners, one of the largest sliding down Jezebel's throne and steps, as they all came for the champion assassin.

"I have no need for enemies. I am no mere woman on a pedestal. I am the pedestal. I say once again and I will say no more. Leave my land and you'll remain the Monarch Killer, or strike me dead and you'll become your own enemy, the World Killer."

She stood from her throne and walked across a length at a slow crawling pace with her snakes. Her death glare gets closer. "Whether if your judgment is clouded should not be people's problems. If you are who you say you are, then you see I am a deserving ruler."

65c64e2757ac6c153e3bd8fae04bcc45.jpg

Last edited:
Ulsaad stood as his queen did. With the others busy, it fell to him to actually guard her. Truly the Queens Guard were closer to specialized generals and agents of the queen's will rather than actual bodyguards, but none of them had ever been willing to hand over that particular responsibility to anyone else. Ulsaad himself was particularly zealous in that pursuit. Not that he ever really had to worry about normal folk. One look at him was usually enough to send most people running with their trousers slightly soiled. Someone had even started a rumor that he ate naughty children in the night.

He had no intention of correcting that rumor.

Once they had made their way into the library Ulsaad found a good spot to stand in. As much as he loved to read, the library didn't have any Tovan works. Not that he would have expected them to. As far as he could tell, he was the only Tova to have left in living memory. He was certainly the first one anyone in Alexandria had seen.

His thoughts returned to the present, and his queen.

"You are nervous."

He thumbed the handle of his dagger, feeling the silence and loneliness of the room. The private library rarely had any visitors that stayed any longer than a few moments, just long enough to find whatever they were looking for. He could understand why his queen liked this place. Solitude was hard to come by for royalty after all.

"Calm winds lie, while Storms are always honest. I feel the same way you do my queen. A storm is coming, and on multiple fronts."

Though she couldn't see it under his helmet, he smiled.

"You can't stop it, little queen. But you don't have to let it tear out your roots. Bend in the wind and let it roar. You may find you problems are less like storms, and more like whining children, easy enough to put to bed with the right encouragement."

Soprano Soprano

As Sharkali made his way into the city, he was greeted by many looks. The looks could have been because of his clothing, the foreign horse he rode, the green spear at his side, his general appearance, or any combination of those factors. Sharkali was perfectly fine with the attention, he was a performer after all, so he returned their looks with a smile or a wave. As he looked around at the city, he was pleasantly surprised by what he saw. The clothing of the people was not unlike his own, light but protective from the environment around them. The thing that drew most Sharkali was the beautiful designs and colors of the textiles.

As he found himself distracted by the clothing, he found himself wanting some of his own. He also couldn't help but think what his master and Lyra would look like in them. He found his face getting a little hotter. "I will have to pick up some for them," Sharkali declared "I am sure they would love the gift, and how it contours to....." Sharkali started to audibly whistle as he walked into what he assumes was a market.

"If I remember correctly," Sharkali said to himself as he walked "The capital should be a day north through the caverns. I can rest up here for an hour or so, and I should be able to make it there by...No I should get a full nights rest before making it to the trip. I can leave before the sun is up and make it as the day begins. Yes, that is the plan, Now to distract myself while I am here."

Since Sharkali was in another country, he did not have any of their currency. Also, because he never kept money on him, he didn't have any of his Alexandrian money either. Fortunately money was typically not an issue for him. Sharkali walked through the market and sat under a tree next to the oasis that the market surrounded, and Kotl joined him. He reached into a pouch at his side. Inside was the parts that made up his flute. After putting the pieces together, and playing some practice notes to tune, Sharkali began. The song that he played was one of his favorites, it was a very emotional song that drew from the lower register of the instrument. As the melody moved Sharkali closed his eyes and let the song envelope him.

When Sharkali had finished the song, he opened his eyes and grinned. Even thought it was a sad sounding song, the song was actually about two lovers who were separated, but could not forget each other. The lyrics later reveal that the two, unable to continue without the other, journey to find their love again. The song ends with the two reuniting during a dance in the spring. The song had been his mothers favorite, and as he finished he could hear her holding out her last note.

Sharkali was pulled out of his memories by the sound of clapping and cheering. He looked up to see that he had gathered a crowd. The people sat and stood around him with lit faces. Some had walked forward, given him money, and other asked for another song. "I would be happy too," Sharkali said as he relaxed back and played more songs. It wasn't long before most of the market had stopped what they were doing to sit and listen to the stranger play by the water.

By the night, Sharkali was invited back to an inn to stay, and he was even given some of the clothes he had wanted as gifts. After a long night of music, dancing, and drinking Sharkali went to bed with a smile, and many more friends.

Just as planed, Sharkali had left the city before the sun came up. This time he left looking like a Concordian, the clothing he wore was a special fashion that was made from a dragon. He was told of the skill and effort that was required to make the clothing, and promised that he would return to make it up to the woman who gifted it to him. He was also given a woven necklace from a child that he wore as a bracelet, since it was too small for his neck. With a new love and respect for Concordia, Sharkali crossed the desert.

Since he decided to take his time, Sharkali arrived in the capital at about mid day. While the trip through the canyons was the same as he remembered, the city was very different. The spacious city he remembered was now packed with buildings and people, the roads were a beautiful sandstone, and were meticulously kept. As he walked he noticed the different channels that moved water from place to place within the canyon and city. He also saw how the people enjoyed themselves as the went on with their day to day lives. "The city is connected to the surrounding canyons now," Sharkali said as he rode "This place is so different, and way more lush than when I was last here." While continuing to marvel at the city of Tartarus, he made his way to the palace.

When he arrived at the palace he dismounted and approached the entrance. He took his weapon from Kotl and when he moved towards a guard, Kotl went to a nearby stable. As expected Sharkali was stopped be the guards when he approached. "I am here for an audience with your queen," Sharkali explained "My name is Sharkali, a queen's guard, and I come on behalf of my master Annalise the queen of Alexandria." Sharkali then pulled out his queen's guard brooch and showed it to the guard.

"We understand," the guard responded after looking at the brooch "You will have to leave your weapon with us."

"I assumed that would be the case," Sharkali said as he handed the weapon to the man. Sharkali grinned when he saw the man strain for a moment as he realized how heavy the spear actually was. "Please lead the way."

The guard then turned and began to lead Sharkali through the palace. As he walked, Sharkali was not paying attention to his surroundings, so he missed out on the beauty that surrounded him. For the moment he was focused on what he would say to the queen. He had been so caught up with getting here quickly that he had not even thought of what he would say. Just as he was about to berate himself for his foolishness he smelled something in the air. At first, he wasn't sure what the smell was, but he quickly identified it as blood. "Guard," Sharkali said not letting urgency touch his voice "Is the throne room at the back of this hall, to the left a ways, and then up?"

"That is correct," the answered "Why do you."

"Catch up as quickly as you can," Sharkali said as he flashed forward cracking the ground under him.

As he got closer Sharkali could make out the different smells. There were a lot of smells in the room, so Sharkali assumed that there was either a large gathering, or a lot of poor smelling fragrances. Upon getting closer he could make out some talking. When he heard "Leave my land and you'll remain the Monarch Killer, or strike me dead" Sharkali sped up even further. When he shot into the room he found out that it was the former. With a quick glance he captured the whole scene. There was two different groups, a well armed man who smelled of blood that twirled a dagger, and a woman with a man and an army of reptiles.

Sharkali crashed into the room and slid into a position beside the queen displacing snakes, his eyes focused on the assassin in front of him. Sharkali stood from the position he slid in from before speaking. "Assassin," Sharkali declared "I would rather not see anyone die today, so would you mind kindly leaving. It seems that you are not welcome here, and I have much to discuss with the queen."

Lux___Wolf Lux___Wolf Kloudy Kloudy

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back