Advice/Help The problem with a Paranatural thread

TruthHurts_22

Funtimes Salesman
Hi all, how's it going?

For those not in the know, Paranatural is an ongoing webcomic drawn and written by one Zack Morrison. You can see it all right here. It's a very fun, creative, and intriguing story, so I'll go ahead and plug it before I move on: if you like stuff... read it.

So, what's the issue here? I think that the setting of Paranatural would make for an amazing RP thread here. The biggest issue one runs into, though, is that the flow of information given on the setting is pretty, uh, narrow. Some of the biggest chunks of the world and important story elements have still yet to be given a spotlight, half of which is stuff that can only be inferred or guessed at. It's a great thing to read yourself, but trying to come up with your own story from the pieces seems pretty tricky.

I guess what this thread is for is a sort of think-tank discussion. Is it a smart idea to start a thread based off something that has limited information, fill in the blanks yourself and/or hope that the property updates fast enough to answer the questions you haven't gotten to yet?

This is about 1x1 and I know my partner very well so take this with a grain of salt.

I'm in a roleplay for a game with extremely vague lore. Even some of the most obvious stuff is not technical canon. This roleplay features a character from the sequel-which doesn't even have a release date. And it's super fun.

As long as everyone agrees, I say you can make up whatever lore you like to fill in the blanks.

Oh my god, someone who gets it.

I actually stopped reading the comic a couple years ago because of the glacial pacing and lack of exposition. If I were in your position, I'd probably stick to the stuff that's been fully explained and leave out all of the stuff that hasn't yet, like whatever the deal with vampires is. But I'm always super wary of breaking canon, so take my suggestions with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back