• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Prince and The Maid [1x1] (Twilight sparkle and Kitty-Chan)

Angelfoodcake

The Idiotic Prince Of Nekos
Dear, ...

Our son, Prince Yuki Aoi Taiyō the first wil be turning seventeen in three days. We would be pleased if you would come to the ball at the castle to celibrate. Bring your daughters, for he will be choosing his bride that day.

Your King and Queen

That was the note several people received three days ago, and now the day had come. The day the prince would turn seventeen. And, the day he would choose his bride.

And, now...

Yuki's ears twitched, as he watched servants run around, and make final adjustments. Most everyone was nervous, trying to get things exactly right. But, no one was as worried as Yuki. He wasn't sure about the whole picking a bride thing, he would only have part of a day to get to know the girls he had to choose from.

He wasn't at all ready, and the guests would be there soon. Rubbing his hands together, he thought about what a miracle it would be if people didn't think he was the prince. He didn't look seventeen, he seemed younger. But, with the crown, and fancy clothing, he definately wasn't anything less than royalty.

The servants then lined up, and the king and queen stood, having Yuki stand too, as the doors began to open.

@twilight sparkle

Nichole walked in behind the princesses and kept her head low as she held their stuff. She stumbled some and bit her lip. "Careful." Said one of the princesses with a stern look. "Y-yes madam." She said biting her lip more trying to keep balance.

Yuki gulped a bit nervously, as he watched the first guests come through the door. His ears threatened to pin themselves, but he kept them up, needing to look happily calm.

Once all of the people were inside, he and his parents bowed, and introduced themselves to the crowd.

"I am Prince Yuki Aoi Taiyō. And, I can't wait to meet everyone."

Yuki blushed as he said that, and he and his parents waited for the crowd to bow in return and say, it's good to be here. Or, something like that.

The princesses, king and queen bowed. "Hello its nice to meet you." They all said. Nichole was going to bow but her hands were full. She shook under the weight of the suitcases and stuff wincing.

Yuki and his parents stood back up straight, and the celibration began. As soon as he stepped forward, Yuki felt a lot of eyes on him. He then saw a girl, who looked like a maid, who was having some trouble with all the stuff she was holding. He debated helping her, but girls began to surround him.

Nichole staggered up the stairs and put down their stuff. She then walked back down smoothing out her dress and helped serve the nobles. "Watch it!" Said one of the princesses as nichole almost tripped over her dress. "I-im sorry." Nichole said looking at the tray in her hand. "You should be." Princess miranda said with a sneer.

Yuki's face turned red, as all of the girls began to ask him to dance or talk. Then, they kind of started arguing with each other, giving Yuki a chance to escape.

He backed up, and began to walk quickly forward. When he saw a princess getting mad at the maid he saw before, he stopped in front of them, and decided to attempt to get the princess to leave the maid alone...nicely.

"Good evening ladies." He said. "What, may I ask, is the problem?"

Princess miranda quickly composed herself and said"no none at all prince yuki. Just talking to the help. Would you care to dance?" Secretly giving nichole a cold glare. Nichole got the message and gave them some champagne before going off somewhere else. Nichole quickly served as many nobles as she could. But one princess was just mean to the core, as Nichole gave her some of the food she tipped the tray and it landed all over the teen. "Watch where you're going with that! It will ruin my gown!" She said to thr maid. Nichole shook cold and was covered by the food some of it in her hair. Nichole felt tears go down her face and ran out crying.

Yuki was told never to turn down a lady's offer to dance, unless you can do it, without doing it. He was about to just accept the invitation anyway, but then he saw the maid running away, crying, and felt a little bad.

"Thank you." He said, in the politest tone he could manage at that moment. "But, I must do something first."

He handed the glass of champagne to one of the servants, before running after the maid. He felt the need to apoligise for some reason.

Nichole hiccuped and hid in a tree sobbing her eyes out. " hic I dont hic like working for them." She said to herself. Then looked up as a squirrel landed on her head and two birds on her shoulders. "Sniffe o-oh hello. A-am I in your tree? I-im sorry..." the birds tried to comfort her as Nichole jumped down from the tree. She sat under the tree her knees to her chest as she put her head there shakingm

Yuki looked around for a bit, and then spotted the maid. He hurried over to her, and then bowed. "I'm sorry." He said. His tail hardly moved behind him, and his ears twitched.

Nichole looked up quickly and tried to dry her tears."p-prince yuki! I-im sorry for ruining your ball..."looking down feeling worse than before. She then took out her necklace which was a heart shaped peridot with a silver chain.

Yuki stood back up straight, "You didn't ruin anything." He said. "In fact, you helped me out of a pickle." He then looked at the necklace, and began to wonder about it. "Did someone special give that to you? If you, uh, don't mind my asking..."

"My older sister before we were separated and sent to work at different kingdoms... i-i know shes out there. I just wanna find her. I miss her so much." Nichole said tearing up again. "Before we were literally ripped away from each other she said to look to the moon and stars and sing our lullaby to calm me to sleep..."

Yuki wanted to slap himself for making the maid cry again. But, instead of hitting himself, he bent down, and hugged the girl. "I'm sorry, again." He said. "I...I didn't mean to..."

Nichole's eyes were wide as she she was surprised by the hug. She slowly relaxed and said"p-prince yuki why are you apologizing? Y-your ball is still going."

Yuki sat down softly in the grass beside the maid, "I..." He didn't really understand the reason why he apoligised. Bit, he had felt like he needed to, and that was good enough for him. "I'm not enjoying the ball very much." He admitted. "It's to...stressful. And, crowded."

Yuki nodded, "Yes, that's exactly what I would rather." He said. "Except, I don't have many acctual friends that I could invite." He blushed.

Nichole said"why not?"Looking up at him. "W-we could be friends if you want to that is...all the princesses are pretty mean to me but two..." she sighed sadly as she got called.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Of course I would like to be your friend." Yuki answered, happy to meet someone and just talk like this. Then, he heard the call, and saw how it upset the maid.

"Don't worry about the princesses. You've got prince Yuki on your side." He gave a smile, wink, and thumbs up. "But, if we're going to be friends, we need to know each other's names. You of course know mine, but I don't know yours."

Last edited by a moderator:
Yuki stood as well, "Well Nichole, most are missing out, because your name is very pretty." He said, blushing slightly. That statement had sounded less embarrassing in his head, or maybe he hadn't actually thought about it before speaking. He guessed he was just warming up to Nichole quickly, they were going to be the best of friends, maybe forever.

Nichole blushed and then heard a scream. It was the queen! Nichole rushed in and gasped as she saw yuki's father getting stabbed. Time seemed to slow as Nichole quickly made her way to him. She growled and took down the assailant and quickly put pressure on the king's wound.

Yuki ran after Nichole, and what he saw, made him stop. His ears twitched, and besides that, he couldn't get himself to move. He hardly blinked, as he stared straight ahead at his father.

Then, trying to make himself move closer, with all his might, he fell over. His knees hit the ground, and he stared at his hands, not wanting to look up.

His breathes came out as loud gasps, and he was now freaking out, right after that happy moment. Right then, on the floor, the talk with Nichole he had had about a few minutes ago, slipped from his mind for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back