• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic The Predestiny Query

Would you join this RP if I made a thread for it?

• WOOOO!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hell no.

• Depends. You should change/add...(comment below)

• Total voters

Snek

Boop the snoot, you get the shoot
You don't remember who you are. You don't remember if you even...are. Or were, or will be, for that matter. You don't know what you like, you can't remember what your hobbies are. You think you have a name...maybe?

To call it an identity crisis would be an understatement.

The ten other people sharing this strange floating platform in an endless void with you would probably agree.

How did you get here? Why are you here? Have you done this before? This all seems a bit familiar...but no, that's impossible. You haven't seen this place before in your life. Wait...life? You don't recall ever being alive before this. Or even existing.

What in the living hell is going on.

You aren't sure, but that glowing light in the center of the platform is strangely attractive. You feel drawn to it, like it's almost...calling to you. Beckoning you to walk over and bathe yourself in its cyan glow. There is no way you could simply refuse.

It is difficult to refuse a destiny that has already been predetermined.

~

Hello! This RP is similar to an RP I did a long time ago called the Call of the Multiverse. Inspiration was drawn from Homestuck, past RPs of mine, and my own imagination. I actually put original thoughts into this, go figure.

The RP will involve exploration of paradox space and its absurd qualities, time shenanigans, loops, and temporal machinations of all kinds. The plot revolves around eleven heroes created by an enigmatic figure and bestowed with artifacts of power in order to repair a fracture in spacetime that threatens the structural integrity of reality itself. Through this adventure, the heroes discover who they truly are inside, and they question themes of unavoidable outcomes, unwinnable scenarios, escaping oneself, and the taking control of one's own destiny.

Each character begins the story completely memory-less and unaware of their own personality and personal identity, until they are told of their quest by their creator, who grants each of them an artifact of power and designates a Destiny to each of them, a role that defines their personality and how they will contribute to the goals of the team. Each Destiny is distinguished by its title, which coincide with the eleven generally-accepted classification of personality types. Examples are The Doer, The Artist, The Protector, The Guardian, etc. The powers granted by their respective artifacts coincides with the Destiny chosen for them. For instance, a personality type with a characteristic of brashness or recklessness will receive an ability that is powerful, but risky and dangerous to control.

The roleplay will also include a good bit of (attempted) humor, at least on my part, so if you choose to participate then the more added humorous input you provide on top of mine, the better!

So what do you think? Ready to answer the call of destiny?

Sounds awesome, but I'm curious, will CSs be used, or will characters be developed independently along the way? Also, will you be creating the powers, and/or listing a complete list of the general personalization stereotypes available?

@Abyss

Yes to all of those questions. Character sheets will be used but they will also be developed as the story progresses. Powers will not be revealed until the artifact has been chosen, and you won't know what power you get until you choose. All I can say is that your power will match your characters Destiny. A Destiny list will be posted, as well as a link to a website that explains all of the personality types.

I'll be a part of this, if you'll excuse the very real possibility that I'll get hopelessly confused along the way

Users who are viewing this thread

Back