• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Polarity Stones. (The rp)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Three months had past rather quickly in Barrak, the guards patrolling the top of the wall could see the difference in the view everyday. The large... island that had crash landed outside the city.
Even after falling out the heavens the island looked like a forested paradise.
The skyrace call it Chlokoka. The people and animals that live on chlokoka were straight out of a tall tale.
Angels! Beautiful Wings, gorgeous faces, magical beings...

King Leo sent the full force of his army to surround the island, once both parties realised they spoke the same language. King Leo met with the chief of chlokoka, the chief knew he was outmatched in numbers and strength, submitted to the kings rule.

In the last three months rumours had spread about sky islands falling, angels coming to earth.
And a massive new location near Barrak full of dangerous creatures and hidden treasures. Many adventurers had decided chlokoka was a new hotspot for glory. Many died climbing up the rocky base, only those with wings made it up safely. However that didn’t stop the tough and foolish from reaching “heaven on aerth”

Camie had woken up early as she always did, flying out of her hut up through the trees to extend her wings outward to glide around the top of chlokoka. Her red hair whipped in the breeze and her smile flashed wide in the wind. She could see the birds and predators of the island as she flapped toward Barrak. Camie was one of the skyrace the humans fell for easily, gorgeous and young, friendly and bright, she made fast friends with the survivors of the chlokoka crash. Over fifty people killed or lost when her home crashed down... she spent the first month apologising in tears to those who listen, the second month was easier on Camie as she helped deliver food and messages from between the farms and Barrak. She even saved up and bought a entry permit.
anyone with wings or pointed ears needs a permit Camie thought to herself as she soared toward the top of the wall. She noticed her father and his followers at the base of Chlokoka, the winged group spoke with mages from Barrak.

“Glory seekers” Camie giggled to herself. She had seen inside the ancient temples of her island home, she had seen the traps and the treasure only the most trusted of the island had visited... and the most curious... but how the stories spread was more interesting to her.
The other races fascinated her, people seemed to travel from all over to see chlokoka. Humans elves and dwarfs hoped to find treasure or magic artefacts in the new land.
To catch a glimpse of the angels flying about...

Farr Hebit was in the crowd of people outside of chlokoka, listening to the skyracers explain their home. “If you can reach Chlokoka” the chief pointed upwards as if to punctuate his statement.
“You can hunt to your liking”
Many humans asked questions, the one that Farr was happy to hear was asked by a elf with dark skin.
“Can you carry me up? I’ll pay you gold”
The answer made Farr smile, and told him all he needed to know
The chief cleared his throat and boomed.
“A skyracer enters the world with wings to fly,
You without wings must find a different route to try
you must find your own way up if you wish to be welcome”

I don’t think I could climb that... it’d take longer then a day... Farr stepped backwards and walked out of the crowd to look up, seeing dots that would be flying people or animals.
Who could climb up that? Parts of it you’d be upside down clinging for life.
the number of attempts were past the stage of counting. Many of the skyrace had set up below to trade with those not brave enough to climb, and to heal those who survived failing the climb.

Farr knew if worst came to worst he would be climbing that rock... the easiest way up would be to ride something with wings... or be lifted up.
Deciding he needed a drink Farr began walking back to Barrak. He couldn’t help but mutter as he noticed a few skyracers soar toward the wall before arcing down to land in a flourish outside the main gates. Farr was intrigued with the race as much as he was jealous.

SheepKing SheepKing Steve Freeling Steve Freeling Coffeepot Giraffe Coffeepot Giraffe (if you have any questions let me know and I’ll answer as soon as possible. Feel free to control minor NPC’s to move along your own plot but as GM I’ll voice important characters)

Last edited:
It had been nearly a week since the young man named Stephen Freeling left his home in the valley of Lenovo that sat west of Barrak. He still remembered it clearly. How the men had burst into his house and murdered his father Ezekiel "Zeek" Freeling, who had been the mayor of Lenovo, while he was asleep. He remembered how they had sliced and diced him with their swords and daggers, the elder Freeling's body parts scattered across his bedroom. That was the scene in front of him when he came home from his work guarding one of the children in the valley. The gore and death that happened that night would most likely be etched into Stephen's subconscious for the rest of his life. He also remembered how he'd taken the lives of his father's murderers by running them through with the sword. This was what led to his being banned from his home. He could never go back home now because of that. It had frightened him; he'd never thought his rage could drive him to kill. The crystal he now wore around his neck, which was covered by his clothing, had been his father's, the last thing he left behind that he'd found in the wreckage. It wasn't long before he found himself drawn out of his thoughts by a voice.

"Huh?"

Skyracers? They talked about them a lot back home. He sized up the island. I could probably climb that. I climbed the mountains in the valley all the time. He turned back towards Barrak, thinking it might be a good idea to get a drink. He'd come on foot, only stopping to sleep. His people had turned him out with only what little equipment he already had with him, meaning the clothes on his back, a sword and no food or water; he was amazed he'd survived the trip at all. I can't wait to meet some Skyracers. They must be so interesting. Stephen was well-known back home for the fact that he bore no ill will or jealousy towards any of the other races. This put him at odds with those more prejudiced than himself, but he didn't care about any of that; a bigot simply wasn't the way to be. Pretty soon, he happened upon a bar and walked in.

Last edited:
9B16A0BF-B764-4CF0-8D5F-0B439CD3CE8B.jpeg
Through the bustling crowds of Barrak if one looked close enough they would have seen a fuzzy eared hood jostling up and down with each step of the dwarf wearing it. Meekah was just one of many who had traveled to the new hotspot for reasons of their own. For some it was adventure and others trading, Meekah personally made the journey from her home for pure exploration alone. having lived in a small village for most of her life, the little dwarf had been cutoff from almost all of Aerth and even most dwarven villages. By the time Meekah had reached maturity she knew that she needed to explore the world which now led to her current situation at hand. With a modest satchel of supplies at her disposal, Meekah was searching for place to rest. She had last stopped at a small elven town a week ago but the tension between the locals and herself had been too strong for her to stay any longer than a day. With Meekah having not slept in an actual bed for quite a long while, she was now in search for an inn.

As she moved through the crowd a small whoosh was heard from over her head. Looking up at the blue sky a human with wings effortlessly zipped through the air. “Skyracers” Meekah gently whispered to herself. Having only learned of this new race a few days ago, she was still amazed with the winged people. She couldn’t help but wish she had a pair of wings to fly off on herself. Meekah gave a quick wave upwards and flashed a smile before continuing on her search. While not an inn like she had hoped, Meekah did find a bar that could satisfy at least some of her needs. Pushing her way through the sea of travelers, Meekah made her way towards the modest bar.

Almost immediately Meekah got hit with a thick perfume of alcohol and pine. It was so strong it almost made her dizzy. Once she got use to the smell, she found a seat and ordered a cup of mead after convincing the bartender that she was a dwarf and not a child trying to sneak in. With the mug in her hands Meekah took small sips as she thought about what to do next. The dwarf could try and climb the infamous Chlokoka and explore what was up there, but Meekah doubted that she could get up there all by herself and without any supplies. Pondering what else she could do on her journey, Meekah relaxed into her seat deep in thought.
Steve Freeling Steve Freeling NeonFlow NeonFlow Coffeepot Giraffe Coffeepot Giraffe

After a bit of a walk and a ride on a carriage Farr had reached the gate of Barrak. Stepping off the back of the transport and moving into the line of visitors it was a small while before the man was walking streets again.
He couldn’t help overhearing some street rats doing some legwork...
“Pop in da staggerin dragon, Weglas is buyin an payin”

Farr looked at the men the kids were advocating to. Strong looking sort... but would they put up with a forest elf? Weglas was a somewhat famous elf around the slums of Barrak. Odd jobs, dirty work, and ‘doctor’ if you were fool enough to try his potions and powders.

Only had the distaste of traveling with that tree hugger once... he must have a way up... why else would he pay kids to, well... probably promise pay to the kids about building a party.
Farr sighed as he walked onwards to the staggerin dragon. Not the best tavern by far, but certainly the most popular.

One of said reasons for its popularity happened to be the elf in the corner. Weglas eedit, A dark yellow skinned fellow sat with his back to the wall facing a group of agitated men in front with a smug smile. His brown hood covering his eyes, platinum blonde dreads frame what can be seen of his face.

“We heard you wanted to hire warriors for a expedition, but you sit here offering foul powder an poison. We require gold”

Weglas laughed softly before brushing the hair from his face and speaking up
“I said to pass along word that I’m after warriors and more yes, but I didn’t tell the little ones what to say...”
he chuckled before taking a swig of wine.
“I have a way up to the island, if you pay me I’ll help you... if you work for me I’ll take you up, but only on a condition”

The men left the table muttering about elf’s being untrustworthy.
SheepKing SheepKing Steve Freeling Steve Freeling

At the bar was a delighted young girl eating cheese, Camie loved the surface food.. the men trying to woo the skyracer loved how happy free food made the girl.
Both Meekah and Stephan could hear talk around the bar that the tree elf in the corner was talking about chlokoka.

Last edited:
Upon entering, Stephen saw a red-haired girl close to his own age with wings eating cheese. She must be a Skyracer. He waved amicably with a friendly smile, which wasn't that difficult despite how troubled the young man was, before going to the bar. The smell was a familiar one from when his father would often invite the men in the valley to drink over a game of cards. Dad.

"I think I'll have a lager."

Pretty soon, Stephen sat down with his lager. He could hear some of the others discussing the elf in the corner who was supposedly speaking of the fallen island.
"So this is what it all comes down to," he muttered to himself, though not really caring if he was heard or not. "Your father gets murdered and in turn, you get banned from your homeland for killing his murderers. Damn it. Guess I shouldn't have let my anger get the best of me. So he's untrustworthy, huh?"

He sat there and drank and felt his energy slipping back into him. Now where the hell can I get something to eat around here? A wry grin etched its way onto his face. The skirt-chasers who work here probably only gave the Skyracer that cheese just because she's a girl.

NeonFlow NeonFlow SheepKing SheepKing

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back