• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom The Pokèrus Mutation (FULL)

Macintot

WeeWoo
When Pokèrus was discovered, we called it a miracle. And, back then, it was. A virus that made Pokèmon grow beyond their normal capabilities. Trainers everywhere clamored for their Pokèmon to catch the virus.

But viruses mutate, and Pokèrus was no exception. First, the rate of infection went skyrocketed. Soon every Pokèmon alive had the virus, save for a few immune. Pokèmon became obsessed with battling. Nobody thought much of it; the Pokèmon were just reveling in their newfound strength.

But the infected Pokèmon became more violent. Battling was all they lived for before; now it was all they did. And soon that violence was turned on their trainers. The immune Pokèmon tried to fight back but fell before the strength and numbers of the infected. A few brave souls sought the legendary Pokèmon to put a stop to the madness. They were never seen again.

Pokèrus reached it's full effectiveness eight months ago. A small group of humans and immune Pokèmon have managed to survive in the Galactic Veilstone building, thanks to the food and weapons stockpiled inside. But winter approaches and supplies are running out.

'Sup, y'all? So, this RP starts about ten years after the events of Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. But at this point, the exploits of Team Galactic are only a footnote compared to Pokèrus.

Our characters have managed to hole up in Team Galactic's headquarters in Veilstone City. All contact with the outside world was lost when the plague broke out. What happens now? That's up to us!

Are there other survivors out there? Where have the legendary Pokèmon gone? Does Pokèrus have a cure? And, most importantly, what do they do when the food runs out next week?

A few things:
  • This will be a detailed RP, so at least two paragraphs per post, good spelling/grammar, and a willingness to help drive the story.
  • I'm hoping for a relatively small group. Probably six people maximum, counting myself.
  • The story will focus mainly on, and be told from the point of view of, the humans.
  • I'd prefer there not to be much, if anything, in the way of romance. A little bit is fine, but the story's mainly about surviving the Pokèpocalypse.
  • I don't have an endgame for the story: I'm leaving it to be decided in OOC and by the character's actions. So we may be off to find Arceus, discover a cure, escape to the Distortion World, or just try to hold out in Veilstone City.

Last edited:
Are the pokemon restricted to just those found in the Sinnoh region?

I’ve been itching for a poke-fandom RP for some time now. But it’s been years since I’ve ever even touched the series.

I'm glad to hear y'all are interested! Pokèmon from every reigon will be available. The only restrictions will be no legendaries and only 1 Pokèmon per person (on account of how rare immune Pokèmon are, and the fact that infected ones would tear you apart at the first opportunity).

I'm glad to hear y'all are interested! Pokèmon from every reigon will be available. The only restrictions will be no legendaries and only 1 Pokèmon per person (on account of how rare immune Pokèmon are, and the fact that infected ones would tear you apart at the first opportunity).

Would we be able to have other pokemon saved? Unusable since they’re infected, but still kept in their pokeballs or PC. Just so it gives some of our characters some reason to find a cure.

Would we be able to have other pokemon saved? Unusable since they’re infected, but still kept in their pokeballs or PC. Just so it gives some of our characters some reason to find a cure.

If I had to add to this, I'd say it should be based on the Purification system from Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness.

Managing to keep an infected Pokèmon is theoretically possible. However, it would ve near-impossible to have one on-hand. Both the anime and the video games have mentioned that Pokemon have no obligation to stay in their Pokèball/with their trainer. You'd be incredibly beyond lucky to have an infected Pokèmon content to stay in its Pokèball.

Having an infected Pokèmon in the PC is more plausible, with one complication: with communications down, the characters currently have no way to access Bebe's PC. As far as we're aware, Pokèmon in the PC when we lost access to it are stranded inside. Which could change eventually, depending on how the story turns out.

Hyperlink4 Hyperlink4 I could see that working. Especially if we ever found/built a purification chamber.

Would Bebe be one of the NPCs with us then? Considering she is in Hearthome, if I recall correctly.

Or at least, one of the little “quests” we could be doing as the story progresses is finding her to get it back up.

The way I had it in my head, the PC's are the only people in the group. Finding her would make for a good initial goal, though, if everyone else agreed.

I agree with it, plus the Purification Chamber. Maybe we could hunt down Krane's lab in the mess?

i've never been one for apocalyptic rp's but this one really caught my eye. I'm really interested and if this is still going down, I would love to be apart of this!

Great! That makes six of us! I'm going to close the interest check and have the OOC up in just a few minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back