The Path From Fayland - Official RP

Faye's eyelids fluttered open, revealing the dirt ground and a vast forest of tall trees. However, the visual seemed to be at a strange sideways angle. She blinked through her puzzlement, after a moment finally coming to the conclusion that she was laying on the ground. She began to sit up, hearing a familiar voice close by.

"What should we do?"

She turned, wincing slightly as her head suddenly throbbed with aching pain. Faye felt a warm liquid streaming down the left side of her head, and she gradually lifted her hand towards the source. Her fingers grazed the liquid, and when she moved them in front of her eyes she was faced with the sight of blood. She squinted, twisting her body to see the others surrounding her. Her vision was slightly blurry every few seconds, but it continued to regain its clear view.

She eyed the others cautiously, confused as to what was going on. She turned back to see a good sized rock on the ground next to where her head had been. Not to mention, it was covered in dark red liquid. Faye sighed to herself, wondering how she had managed to collapse onto a rock.

"I must've fell," she said aloud to herself, grasping her forehead with embarrassment. She then faced Ruineth who seemed to be approaching her. "What...is going on?" she questioned, stumbling a bit as she attempted to stand.

Juniper lifted her head staring at Faye with wide eyes. "Help me." she pleaded. "They've all been hexed into believing I'm out to get them." she struggled underneath the weight of the grip that pinned her against the ground. The surface area of the paws that held her wasn't as wide as Varexes' hands and she was pretty sure she could knock the shapeshifter off of her if she could get in one swift movement. She suddenly through the weight of her body to the side tipping Jess' balance. She scrambled away grabbing at Varexes' forgotten sword.

Jess watched as Faye came back into consciousness, wanting to answer her question but couldn't for obvious reasons. While she became distracted for that short period of time she was caught off guard as she toppled out of balance, her body landing on the ground with an audible thud, dirt flying up around her face which cause her to let out a small sneeze.

Shaking her head from the unexpected shock Jess scrambled up to her feet, or paws, and once she was in good enough control of her movements and sight she shot over toward Juniper, trying to get to their only female healer before she could retrieve Varexes' dagger/sword that lay nearby. All she really wanted to do was pin the elf back to the ground in case another reckless thing were to happen because it seemed as if now was the perfect time to expect the unexpected.

Varexes-

I kneeled there on the ground, barely hearing people speak as the pain began to die down. Or rather, I grew more accustomed to it. I opened my eyes and turned just in time to see Juniper throw Jess off balance and dive towards my dagger. Without thinking, I bunched my legs and did my best to launch myself forward, barely able to grab Juniper's calves as she dove for my blade. I pulled her back, turning my need to clench my fists to counter the pain into a vice-like grip that enabled me to pull back Juniper.

I couldn't speak, and could barely move, but I pulled her back away from the blade as my back burned in protest to my movements, popping a few more blisters that had reappeared after "Juniper" had unhealed me.

Juniper's mind swam in circles in confusion. She felt a desperate need to grab the dagger and shove it into Varexes' throat to keep him from attacking her again. No she couldn't hurt him. He already looked like he was in enough pain and she couldn't stand it, but why did she care about the elf? He was on her land. He had to be stopped. "No!" she screamed as her foot slammed toward Varexes' head trying to get him to let go of her other ankle.

Varexes-

I felt a thud against my head, but ignored it. The pain I felt was more than anything else I had ever felt, and it took all of my concentration just to deal with that. I squinted and realized that Juniper had kicked my head. In response, I instinctively gripped her other ankle and brought it under my body, using my weight to hold it down. This was about the extent I could do, and groaned out in agony.

Juniper grabbed hold of a fist full of dirt and shoved it into Varexes' face. Her legs continued to kick in separate directions and she tried to squirm out from under him. She slammed her fists into the welts on his back over and over going for his weak spot. Anger boiled through her. She was angry that he was holding her and she was angry that she was hurting him. Everything was so conflicting in her mind.

"It's Juniper. She's gone crazy! Faye, here." Ruineth said, pulling a white cloth from her pack. "This time I came with better material. This is for medical use. Of course, we'll have to clean that wound later. But for now...I don't know when Juniper will be back."

A fight had begun behind them, and Ruineth quickly turned to see what was happening. Juniper had gotten free. She felt her stomach twist as Juniper and Varexes fought. She kept her attention on Faye, noticing the bloodied rock nearby. Oh my. That fall was nastier than it'd seemed. Will she be strong enough to defend herself if Juniper attacks, or will I have to actually use this thing? She glanced at her dagger. How many times would she sheath and unsheathe this thing before she had to put it in action?

Varexes-

I felt some powder fly into my face. Instinctively I shut my eyes, and they began to burn. The pain was almost inconceivable compared to the pain my back caused me, so I kept my grip upon Juniper. I gritted my teeth in strain as I attempted to maintain my grip, but it was all in vain. I cracked open my eyes to look at Juniper, a look of longing. I missed the real Juniper. I wanted her back. I wanted the Juniper that was so distant, yet so close to me. I wanted my Juni back...

My eyes closed and my grip became lax as I fell unconscious once again, pain finally driving my body into its deepest sleep yet.

Juniper felt Varexes finally release her ankle. She felt relieved somehow in the sense that she wouldn't have to hurt him anymore. It was a strange thought to occur at a moment like this, but she let it pass as she scrambled over toward the sword. Her hands wrapped around it gripping it as tight as she had before. The threat was different this time, the blade wasn't held out in front of her in order to protect her or threaten someone else. Instead the sharp blade was facing her stomach. She was through messing around, it wasn't what she would prefer, but she had to try something different to get these elves' attention. They hadn't seen reason so far. "Leave now or I'll run her through!" she screamed toward the group. Her hands shook, but she held the blade as an internal fight raged inside her.

(If I have Varexes wake up again, it'll seem a little op and redundant. Jess and Faye need to respond. Faye's in texas though for her brother's graduation from boot.)

Jess was more than a little surprised when Juniper turned the knife on herself, spouting off words that barely made it to her ears. She was worried, that much was certain, because of the fact that she didn't know what she was supposed to do. Leave without knowing what the consequences would be or stay and try to talk the elf into seeing some reason. Thinking through her options she very slowly dragged the unconscious Varexes back toward her, Faye, and Ruineth by his limp ankle. Better to have him as far away from Juniper as possible for the time being.

Feeling slightly more reassured once she was finished with her small task she finally turned back to the matter at hand which was stopping Juniper from doing anything rash and maybe even bring her back to the elf they had all come to sort of know before this event ever took place. Thinking about that gave her a small little spark of hope that strengthened her resolve to do something.

Shifting back into an elf once more to talk she carefully began speaking, as if treading on thin ice, and in a way she was. "Juniper, you don't want to do this." Jess mumbled out, letting the silence fill the air before speaking once more. "Think about everyone you'd be affecting if you went through with this and what it would do. Take everything else into account and think hard about this because I'm not going to stand by silently as you threaten to harm yourself." If Juniper was able to make enough damage to her stomach with the knife then she may never be able to heal herself, either because of her being too weak or in too much pain to do so or because of the fact that she may not want to heal herself. It wasn't a risk that Jess was willing to take. Well, that and the fact that she didn't know if she, or anyone else, would be able to handle another death.

(I pulled a Nami and forgot... holy crap I feel bad... Um... I'll see what I can do to get Nami in it. She's been super busy and dealing with a bunch fo BS, as have I. I'm so sorry guys.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back