• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Past You Run From (IC)

Peacemaker .45

Gigachad.jpg >“why yes I don’t proofread my posts”
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Character Sign Up Thread
Out of Character Chat Thread

*****PLEASE NOTE this RP is NOT a school centered role play. The university is a location with significance. This RP is centered on the odd, mysterious and dark things going on in the town and university, and the past that the character, Jessica, is running from. I’m looking for dedicated writers!****

In Character RPing will be here.

A young girl is looking to escape a dark and twisted past when her family moves, for her safety and theirs, to a small town in Georgia, with a small, yet world renowned university a couple miles out. But with mysterious forces, a corrupt government that some claim, and behind the scene deals and crimes being made, it begs the question:

Can you escape from your past, or will the past come to catch up with you?

• In a rural area in Georgia lies the small town of Pine Bend, established in 1791. From it's founding, it was run by a wealthy family, the Henderson's. To this day, they still have a hand at running the still small town, rural town of Pine Bend. The Henderson's, in 1819, resurrected a University outside of the town a couple miles. This university grew a large reputation, being that the Henderson's hired the best professor's money can buy, has been renowned for its academics athletics for over 100 years. It's garnered quite the reputation because of this. But since it is a small university, acceptance rates are low.

Oddly enough, there have been disappearances with students throughout it's history. Though at random, the disappearances seem to happen every 4-9 years apart. The disappearances rarely yield evidence, with the victims, if ever found, were killed in a ritualistic manner. Two years ago, this trend continued. Five students recently were found dead, their bodies mutilated, in a ritualistic manner. But The town, police, and school concluded there was not enough evidence to track anyone, with it seemingly being swept under the rug. No one seems to know why these happen, and who is responsible for it. Private investigations, by professionals or individuals have all been stopped by police. In several cases, people investigating the disappearances and murders have themselves gone missing, never to be seen again. Many wonder why the town won't accept FBI assistance, why the University sweeps these deaths under the rug, why this is happening and who is stopping. Some suspect there is corruption, some suggest spiritual and mystical forces are at play. But what is the truth? Why does the college and town work so hard to suppress these tragedies? What's going on in this small town in rural Georgia?

This brings us to now. A young girl running from her past finds herself in the town of Pine Bend. Jessica Browning and her family moved to Pine Bend for Jessica, and her family's own safety, from rural Wyoming. Jessica has a past that put her and her family at risk. Their only choice was to move, in accordance with a witness protection program. Jessica, or Claudia Burley as her new ID says, came here with the hopes of escaping her past, while attending Pine-Henderson University, as she is gifted in her academics. But can a new name and a new location keep the past away from her, and this town, or will the past she runs from find her With a Welcome Ball on the way, Jessica must take her first step restarting her life here in Pine Bend and at Pine-Henderson University. How it will go, only the Lord knows. But if there's one thing she can't shake her mind is, even as far away as she is, could the past she runs from catch up to here?

*****PLEASE NOTE this RP is NOT a school centered role play. The university is a location with significance. This RP is centered on the odd, mysterious and dark things going on in the town and university, and the past that the character, Jessica, is running from. I’m looking for dedicated writers!****

Last edited:
The sun reflected off the slide of her 1911. The light shown into Jessica's eyes, revealing its dark secrets hidden by a closely guarded soul. Thoughts poured into her head, the sun breaking free the locks on her secrets. The pain, the anguish. Everything went wrong. Why did this have to happen? Why was she caught up in this mess? 1450 miles away, but is she any safer?

Three .45 ACP rounds rolled around in her hand. She took one, and slide it into the magazine.

One too many times I let this get worse, she thought as it slid in.

Two times I could have ended it all, a second round was loaded in.

Three times my life was about to end, and it wasn't. The third round was in.

Jessica stared at the gun. Her hand began to shake. Slowly she lifted it, muzzle inching towards her direction. She suddenly turned the gun towards the other side of the river. Jessica started to breathe in a more rapid manner. A tear rolled down her cheeks. She again started raising the gun, the muzzle yet again inching closer to her own body. Halfway to her body, she again turned it, this time firing it into the waterfall. She began to cry. She stared again at the gun. Her mind was thoughts all ricocheting off the walls. She
felt her arm moving towards her head, the gun slowly moving towards her forehead. The barrel pressed against her temple. Her finger moving off of the frame towards the trigger. Her body became numb. She was crying uncontrollably. The tension was building, the trembling growing, the finger getting closer.

"I want to be free, I want to be free, I want to be free, I want to be free, I want to be out of this hell my life is! I want it over now, now, now!"

Boom!

The gun fired, a splash in the river in front of her, the slide locked back, gun dropped on the ground.

"I can't do this, I can,'t, I can't, I can't," Jessica exclaimed through her emotional pain.

The girl the hit her knees on the ground beside the river. She cried and cried. She didn't want to die. She was battered, she was beaten, she was hurt. She was many things, but the thing she wouldn't be was a quitter. She prayed to her God, begging forgiveness for what she had done, what she was about to do. Jessica sat there, staring at the gun. No one could know about this. No one could know her struggles, not even her parents who knew the situation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

August 17, 2017

"Pine-Henderson University, here you are. A new life, a new beginning, here we come. Lord, please help me here. I need this to go right," she said staring at the doors to the ballroom, the music and people's voices echoing in through the door.

Jessica's heart pounded. She needed to make the most of her new start. Jessica walked through the doors, the ballroom coming into view. Walking in, she noticed the amount of people there. There were a lot there, given how small the university was. She looked at everyone, all in groups. She was but the lonely girl in the corner on her phone, or at least that's how she thought this was go. Not wanting to stand alone, she looked around for a place to go to. She noticed a food bar to her right. Seeming like this was the best place to go to maybe meet someone. She went there, picked a couple of things to eat. She was surprised at what they had. It wasn't just chips and such, but a selection of fruits, even some meats in the mix. Grabbing some food and a plate, she turned around and began to walk. Just as she did, someone bumped into her, making her food go flying all over the place from the collusion. The guy apologized.

Great, she thought, great fucking start to this night. I already look like a fool.

9debfb7423663a13cf85a3082d21f050.jpg
Creed Dontae Jones or as most called, CJ, had arrived somewhat late to the university, mostly blaming on his father who had kept him while trying to tell him certain things. Certain things that he already knew about. When he entered the Ballroom, he raised an eyebrow when he saw how packed it was. Now that he though about, he shouldn't had come, after all, he had recently bough a huge book with a lot of puzzles and he had wanted to spend his time finishing them before tomorrow. Decided to shake that though away, he had decided to go get some food, walking toward the food bar. If he would payed attention, he would had seen the girl walking his eyes before he accindetally bumped into her, making her drop her food. "I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going." He apologized to her before raising an eyebrow when he saw that she wasn't someone he knew, which was weird, considering that he knew everyone.

Peacemaker .45 Peacemaker .45

Mateo Raphael Lobo Martinez

Pine Bend was...different, well slightly different. The new town that young Mateo would be staying in was both like and unlike Plainsville. Corruption was the same as it always was but the town itself was a small one with no gangs and a single family ruling over every living thing. Mat didn't want to be hear. He didn't want to be in this town. He wished to leave the state entirely but, as his father had paid for his tuition, he couldn't just leave yet. The gang that his father ran was a large one that spanned the town of Plainsville. He was supposed to be the heir to the title of leader and so he was supposed to be tough, indestructible even, yet Mat was nothing like that. He just wanted to live his own life.

Walking into the college ball room, it was clear to see that Mat wouldn't be fitting in. He was dressed in black jeans, a denim jacket, a faded band t-shirt and a plaid shirt tied around his waist. In his hands he held his skate board and guitar. He clearly wasn't going to fit in, and here he was hoping that the different town would mean a different life. Sighing, he walked to a corner of the room and took out his phone. He had changed the locations on his dating apps meaning he'd hopefully get a hook up or two whilst he was here but unfortunately no one had seen his profile yet. He moved through the apps on his phone until he plowed through all of them. There was nothing to do. He was beginning to wonder why he'd came in the first place.

Peach Crawford.png
Peach looked around nervously. She had been invited here to check the university even though she hadn't enrolled. her timidness was far from the normal but it wouldn't stop her from talking to someone. As long as they approached her that is. It would be nice to talk with someone but she didn't want to interrupt anyone either. The girl had stuck herself in her own loop of should i talk to them or not but she knew she'd survive.

Then, a commotion happened and food went a decent amount from where it had been moments before the collision of the two bodies. A girl and a boy had bumped into one another but they hadn't talked besides quick apologies.'Now's my chance!' The girl thought, a small arm reaching up with thin branchlike fingers moving her pastel pink hair behind her ear.

Walking over to help pick up the food, Peach had started to snatch each morsel with delicate movements and her confidence was broke when she saw a scowl start to form on the other girl's face. Keeping her mouth shut, the busty shy girl focused on her task.

"H-hello miss. I'm Peach..." A pause in the whisper volumed voice. "Peach Crawford." The quiet yet melodic voice said, the words drifting from the person's mouth a bit shakily.

Mere milliseconds later, Peach realized she had spoken and quickly apologized for interrupting the girl. 'Why did i just speak?! I've already looked bad for making her possibly look weak by helping her with such a small task.' The pinkette thought, her face flushing a slight red as she prepared for a possible outburst.

"I hope i'm not making you upset by helping. I just thought you'd want to be done with this and move on w-with your day. That's all miss." Peach spoke again and her face got a bit redder. She hastened her hand and fingers to grab the food quicker to save herself from embarrassment.

The more Peach looked at the food, the hungrier she got. But she hadn't been told she could eat yet and she wasn't going to look rude by stocking her plate up to make up for all the skipped meals she had skipped in the past month and a half.

Grrrump.
The noise came again followed by an even redder face. Why did she have to think about food now of all times?! Peach used her free hand to rub her growling stomach in a vain attempt to quiet it down. 'I hope she didn't hear my stomach... But what if she did? Ooooooh...'

tumblr_o5bdslWfsY1udo71fo4_250.gif

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

The flashing lights, pounding music in the corner, endless sea's of eager college kids and the smell of confusion in the air were never old for Everest Arden. This was the second ball she had attended since starting her studies a full year ago. That, and the same atmosphere lingered in the halls of Pine Henderson practically every moment of everday. Everest had grown awfully used to it all. In fact, she considered it refreshing. On this particular night, her parents had urged her to make an appearance at the ball. The argument was quite convincing; she could invite any newcomers to the bonfire she was olding at their house, to establish some friendships and welcome them more than the ball ever could. This meant she was on the look out for worthy candidates. Everest had invited four people already since she had arrived a while ago.

Everest wasn't one to dress up often, but the occasion called for her to do her hair, a light makeup and pick some nice clothing. Her exposed stomach and heeled ensemble, she felt, came together quite nicely considering it was last minute. Even her hair was a quick youtube video before she left. She always seemed to be in a bit of a rush. The way her mind worked, she just never stopped.

Currently Everest was leaving the small dancefloor, intent on getting herself a drink. She was tiring herself out, dancing with whomever enjoyed her company, and decided to take a break from the festivities for a moment. She wasn't a big fan of alcohol but upon glancing at the bar, rushed over to make use of the opportunity. Three minutes later she witnessed a collosion between Don, her best friend, whom she had been wondering about, and a complete stranger. No doubt she was a new student, but her unfamiliar face also occured to Everest. There was a new girl in town it seemed.
Drink in hand Everest weaved her way through the crowd towards the two, facing Jessica's way. She could recognise Don's presence blind. Before she arrived however, a third person, with pink hair and a small expression also joined the conversation. She tilted her head at the situation before her, now where she wanted to be. Everest took her place besides Creed, and very quickly took a sip of her cocktail through the straw she asked for, a small smile gracing her features. She looked across at Creed, then gave the two other girls small smiles directly. 'Everything okay here Don?'

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

tags; Peacemaker .45 Peacemaker .45 Cosmosis Cosmosis Lazy Taco Lazy Taco

Last edited:
"Oh, no, no," Jessica responded. "It was my fault, I should have been more careful."

She knelt down, and started to pick up the food the fell on the floor, doing her best to clean it up. The entire time, she felt like all eyes were on her. It caused her some anxiety, but she suppressed it. As she was cleaning it up, a girl came over to help clean up the mess. The girl seemed nervous, more so than Jessica herself was. She paused momentarily, and thought to herself that it was nice that she wasn't the only nervous one.

"You're not bothering me at all, Peach. Thank you, it's kind of you help," replied Jessica as she picked up one last piece of lettuce on the floor, putting it on her plate to dispose of in the trash.

"I'm sorry if I seem nervous," said Jessica as she turned to the man and Peach. "I'm new here, to this town. I just moved her, a couple miles out of Pine Bend. And now I'm here, and in PHU, nonetheless. Admittedly, I am nervous. This whole little accident here made my anxiety rise."

Noticing she was rambling on about nothing they most likely care about, she took a step back and relaxed a bit.

"So, are you two from around here," asked, trying to create some small talk, maybe make a friend as opposed to an enemy.

"Oh," Jessica said quickly before anyone could answer her, "my name is J-, uh, Claudia. Claudia Burley."

Jessica still wasn't used to using that name. She almost said her real name, but caught herself after saying the "J" in her name. She has to conceal her true identity, just as her mother and father do. They were no longer the Browning's, but instead now the "Burley's." Witness protection was a tricky and confusing process. Operated by the US Marshals Service, she and her parents were moved to Pine Bend, far away from their issues that landed them in it. Small and off the grid, the Marshals Service said this was one of the safest places for their family. Here, the forces of her past shouldn't be able to find her, and make her pay for what she had done.

Before either of them could answer, a girl walked up to the guy who she bumped into. She could sense they were friends, perhaps more. But she could see they were close in some way. Jessica just stayed silent as they spoke, giving a slight smile back when they smiled at her.

Cosmosis Cosmosis myst.erion myst.erion Lazy Taco Lazy Taco

Peach Crawford.png
Peach shifted nervously. It was obvious the other girl was nervous enough to mix up her name. "It's nice to meet you Miss Burley." The pinkette said as she stood, moving her hair from her eyes, her breasts jiggling slightly from her movement. "i'm just happy i could help i guess."

Well, she hadn't messed up the talking just yet so that's good. "Don't worry. I'm quite nervous too." a nervous laugh came from the quiet girl before it ended. Another growl came from her stomach and Peach once again ignored it. If she didn't give a thought to it, maybe anyone else around her wouldn't notice.

"I hope you'll like it here at Pine Bend Miss Burley. It's quite the nice town!" It wasn't a lie. The town was great. A park, grocery store, family run diners and farm fresh products from nearby farmers made the town quite nice.

Some of the people however were not. They were far from what would be considered nice but unless pressed, Peach knew to keep quiet and pursed her lips. "It's good you've come to the college too. I'm just visiting for today as i was asked to attend due to graduating from Pine Bend's high school. I guess they want me to attend here but i really cant do it just yet." Peach admitted. It was true no doubt, that she'd not actually enrolled in college. With the possibility of being homeless on the near horizon, Peach didn't have time for College whatsoever. Moving her hair again behind her ear, the girl felt how greasy her own hair felt and her face became a slight red again. 'I hope no one notices it...' she thought to herself, biting her lip subconsciously.

Mat sighed and put his phone away before skating over to the food table. He examined the options and just took a cocktail stick with some sort of fish on the end of it. He ate it before turning his head; he was right next to a bunch of people talking to each other. Being awkward wasn't the issue here but being near the sheriff's son would be. His father gave him a list before he left of people to be wary of at the university and the blond boy was one of them. He couldn't be dragged into this conversation. This kid could easily background check him; there weren't many Mateo Raphael Lobo Martinez's out there. The Mexican didn't want to be his father but with a reputation to uphold he kind of had to be. He placed the cocktail stick between his lips and listened in on the conversation. If he was to see people like them everyday, he might as well know how people in this town act.

Last edited:
Creed had been about to go help the girl out but he saw that another girl had decided to help her out pick up the fallen food. While they where talk to each other, Creed had decided to half listen to their conversation,only listening to their name. "So their name are Claudia Burley and Peach Crawford?" He though to himself, before he recognized the second name. Peach Crawford was a girl who was 4 year younger than him, with his father telling him a while ago how her house had been vandalized but that was about everything that he knew about her. When he felt that they had already finished speak, He was about to introduce himself to the two of them but someones voice broke his musing when said person spoke up. "Everything okay here Don?" Said person asked him, making him to turn to look at who it was. "Comet." He said her name when he saw that it was his best friend comet aka Everest Arden, his one and only friend. "Yes everything seems to he alright here Comet, just a small colission, no damage, just food falling down after said collision." He answered her question before turning to the other two. "My bad for the interruption Ms Burley and Ms Crawford, my name is Creed Dontae Jones and this girl here is Everest Arden, I would like to welcome you to Pine Bend Ms Claudia Burley." Considering that he was the police chief son, it felt right for him to introduce himself and welcome the new girl to the small town of Pine Bend. Now that he though about it, throughout their conversation, one thing that he had seen was that Peach looked hungry, even if it looked like she wasn't showing it. "Now why don't two go get the food on the food bar before everything is taken, I will deal with the cleaning." He said to them as he decided to help and finish picking up the fallen food. "Comet, qgy don't you show them to a table after they had picked their food."
myst.erion myst.erion Peacemaker .45 Peacemaker .45 Cosmosis Cosmosis

Mat stood on the back of his skateboard to pick it up from the front and moved away from the sheriff's kid who was cleaning spilled food. He mumbled to himself about just getting out of their way before placing the toothpick behind his ear. He knew he shouldn't interact with anyone. Being in another town didn't affect any reputation he had. He was the heir to a gang and the son of a criminal; he'd even committed some light crimes in the past but got away with it. He had to just blend to the back ground without drawing attention; his Dad would kill him if anything bad happened to him in college (aka being arrested as father dearest wasn't going to pay bail money or anything like that for anyone because his philosophy was flawed). 'Just blend in' would be his motto at this school.

"I'm glad to meet you all, but," she said now turning to Creed, "I'm no longer really that hungry. I mean, I wasn't too much to begin with. I just wanted some snack."

The girl shifted her weight from one leg to the other, and then pulled out her phone. She glanced at the time and then put it away.

"If any of you guys want some food, you can have some. I'm really just not that hungry anymore."

Rubbing her forehead, she thought momentarily. Before entering the ballroom, upon entering the campus, she noted a memorial statue. It had a list of names going back as far the founding of Pine-Henderson University. While Jessica admittedly didn’t know the history of the university’s history, she was familiar with the reputation, which ultimately lead her to get accepted there when she did apply. And, conveniently, the US Marshal’s, those in control of Witness Protection, put them here. This was, however, unusual for them to do. Normally the people who enter witness protection are put in large cities. But this time, however, they put her and her family here. They told her and her family they would be safe here, as compared to a city, which neither her or her family wanted to be in. They wouldn’t say much else than it was safe her. This was odd, and had Jessica and her parents both questioning why, but they went along with it. They were under their protection after all. And local law enforcement was made aware of this, and their new identities, which they could not disclose with anyone, family included.

Jessica was rather curious about the names to the memorial. All her research yielded no articles or mention of such a memorial, or for how those people ended up on that memorial. Curiosity made her ask about it.

“Hey, I noticed this memorial statue thing outside on the campus. I noticed a lot of names there, with a quote that says ‘Gone, but never forgotten. They live on in all of us.’ I knew a good bit about this university from research, and the Henderson’s, who the town seems to dislike when talking to a local at a store, at least his words. But in all of my research, I found nothing to do with that. Do you guys know anything about that?”

Lazy Taco Lazy Taco myst.erion myst.erion Cosmosis Cosmosis MoxxyMoxx MoxxyMoxx

Peach Crawford.png
Peach only shook her head at the sheriff's son. "I-i'll be fine Mr.Creed." She said, biting her lip again. Why he would even talk to her was beyond her. Another girl joined by Creed and Peach shied away a bit. there were too many people she could upset with a wrong word. Just like in school.

Shivering at the brief connection with her old classmates, Peach moved a little closer to Claudia. "I wouldn't know Miss.Burley. I didn't think very much on college to be really honest... I know that's bad of me but i'm not the best at making up my mind on big things like that." The high school graduate said quickly catching herself after a two-second pause.

Another slight inch towards Claudia coupled with another biting of her lip. Why was she going towards a girl she just met mere seconds ago?! 'My nightmare...' Peach thought to herself. Since her nightmare a week and five days ago, Peach had not trust guys that well if she went out from her home. So, if she had the choice, she'd go away from any guy and by another girl to be safe. If she was close to another female, maybe she'd ditirr the guy with a dirty look Peach herself couldn't even come close to making. The other girl Peach also didn't know and she hadn't introduced herself, plus she was right by Mr.Creed so that didn't help the cause.

"I would think the quote ‘Gone, but never forgotten. They live on in all of us’ means that everyone carries the dead with them as if their alive in their minds. If you don't forget the person, in a way their still alive right?" Another silent pause came up. I'm sorry for rambling. I really am!" The pinkette apologized quickly, getting fluster for a few milliseconds before calming her nerves again. Talking wasn't a strong suit for her either. But at least these people could hear her quiet voice so that was a plus.

Lazy Taco Lazy Taco myst.erion myst.erion Peacemaker .45 Peacemaker .45

He scoffed at the remarks made by the girls and spoke to himself in Spanish fairly loudly, the content of the statement was a vibrant insult on the girls' intelligence and common sense. The Henderson's were nothing compared to the stuff Mat had seen. Sure, they were controlled everything, but drug cartels, mass murderers, gangs, and stabbings in broad day light all in one town were worse. At least ten kids that Mat met back in elementary school didn't make it passed eighth grade. Plainsville was a bad town, and some, like Mat, who lived there their entire lives would say that it was worse than Pine Bend. These kids wouldn't stand a chance in Plainsville. Life in this town would be a breeze if Mat just kept his head down but as if he would be able to manage that.

Ring. Ring. Ring.
His phone was ringing. He still wasn't used to keeping it on vibrate. Answering the phone call, Mat expected for it to be Miguel, his father, but it wasn't; the lady was Jade, one of the old man's people. He didn't say much over the phone in response to her, just humming and saying yes or no.
After a few seconds he finally spoke a clear English phrase. "How much blood, Jade," he asked aggressively, "You gotta be specific about this shit, okay? It's pissing me off that you're taking so long. If he's bleeding then do as much as you can before Lox shows up." He pauses and got even more aggressive, "Then call Lox and Puck first! That's the whole point! If he goes back into the hospital with another gunshot wound then eventually the Docs are gonna get suspicious so sort it...and no I don't care how he did it. ¡Es un maldito idiota con un complejo de dioses!"
He hung up. This is what he meant by Plainsville being worse. His Dad has already been shot whilst being gone for only a few hours.

"That memorial signify many things actually." Creed answered with a sad look on his face. "It signifies the students who had been murdered in recent Years, the students who went looking for certain clues yet only turned up in pieces." The more he talked, the more it showed that he was straining himself when he spoke of this. "I don't know how or why, but whenever had tried to find certain clues about certain things, which I can't speak off, they turn up dead." Sure he had no idea what those clues where, but he still remembered how some of his close friends had decided to investigate some clues they had gotten and the next thing he knew was that they had turned up dead a week later. "The one thing that they all had in common was..... A some type of symbol, heck, it even looked satanic." Crewed had finally finished explaining before he just went quiet, not really sure why he was telling them this.
Peacemaker .45 Peacemaker .45 Cosmosis Cosmosis
myst.erion myst.erion

The young girl Peach was certainly nervous. She seemed socially awkward Jessica. It seemed as if Peach felt as if she is a burden and nobody to the people she talked to. While Jessica didn't know what has happened in Peach's life, she could tell she didn't quite have good parents. She seemed to inch closer to Jessica, this making her feel a bit uncomfortable. Jessica took a small step to the side, trying to look as it had nothing to do with Peach moving closer.

"You're fine, Peach, you're not rambling," Jessica said to her, trying to calm her down a bit, seeing the obvious anxiety on her face.

When Creed spoke about the memorial, Jessica listened intently. She was caught in shock as he went on. Seeing he was visibly emotionally disturbed by this, Jessica reinforced his silence with by telling him not to say anything more.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know this was personal," she said before looking down at the ground, trying to process this all.

All of those names were names of people who died, most likely as a result of that? The earliest name I saw was from 1822. Has there really been that many people killed here? But why? What the hell did his friends uncover that ultimately seems to have lead to their death? What the hell is going on here? Am I safe here? Why the hell isn't there anything about them when you look up Pine-Henderson U? I need to find out more, assess what has happened here. But I can't ask Creed. This is far too personal for him. I have to find more out about this. But I have to be careful. His friends died because they stumbled on too much. I don't want to end up like them.

"I do apologize again, Creed," she started after a brief silence. "I had no idea about any of this. Nothing came up on the research for this university that said anything about this."

Jessica felt bad. She felt like she made the wrong impression on Creed. First they collide, then she brings up something that clearly emotionally bothers him. She felt like she may have just lost a friendly face. She wondered if she should stay or if she should go.

"You know, I think I do want some more food, on second thought. I'll be over by the food. If you want something, I can get you it," she said, trying to walk away to avoid bringing up touchy subjects, but be nice enough to be considerate of them.

Lazy Taco Lazy Taco Cosmosis Cosmosis myst.erion myst.erion MoxxyMoxx MoxxyMoxx

Peach Crawford.png
Peach had forgotten about the deaths in the town. They were things she didn't want to remember whatsoever. It was good she never had been close with people so any death didn't get to her as much but then again, each death had everyone in the auditorium where she would always pass out, just like she did when she was younger. Her and random sleeping places were a thing and she didn't mind so long as some teacher was around that was strictish. They would stop anyone from doing anything and wake her up if anyone did.

Looking at Creed, the girl wanted to comfort him but she also didn't. Her nature of kindness wanted her too but her body and mind locked her knees like a master safe. She wouldn't dare go towards him. Nightmare or dream, it had ditirred her pretty well from approaching guys. Plus, he was the son of the local police chief so that downed her idea even more. His story seemed shaky when he mentioned he couldn't say more which was yet again, another deterrent for the high-school graduate.

Looking to Claudia, the pinkette saw her move away a slight bit before she spoke, "You know, I think I do want some more food, on second thought. I'll be over by the food. If you want something, I can get you it," The girl had told anyone who wanted to answer. Which Peach did.

"I-I'll come over with you if it's no trouble Miss Burley." Peach spoke, offering a small smile that was partially forced, partially not. Sure, Claudia seemed nice but she was new and Peach didn't know how the whole ""Acquaintance->friend"" thing went. She'd knew to always ask questions and never speak out of line so she hoped it would pay off in the long run. Plus, she wouldn't look as bad getting food now so that boosted her spirits if only a sliver.

Lazy Taco Lazy Taco Peacemaker .45 Peacemaker .45 myst.erion myst.erion

Mat, now being pissed off, grabbed some food from the food table. His father was a bad man. He didn't have much going for him apart from the gang; his own son didn't love him. Everything about Miguel was toxic. He wished he could do something else to make him better but with a reputation he had other things to deal with.

He looked over at one of the girls who he insulted under his breath earlier. She just walked over to the food table near where he was. This gave him an opportunity to actually talk to someone and gain information on this town. Unfortunately she was getting too close to the sheriff's kid and he didn't want to get too close to him. He exhaled. Screw it.

"Hola señorita," he spoke, "I'm Mat." It was fine. He can deal with the trouble later on.

Last edited:
tumblr_nb8sfi2ips1rrjfhto1_400.gif

*****************************************************************************************

Everest took in her friends summary with an amused expression. What she saw of the scenario looked funny in her head, but she didn't laugh or comment for even a moment on the small tragedy. Wasted food was one of Everest's pet peeves. 'I'd be delighted to, If you want that is.' She nodded inunderstanding as Jessica declined. She felt perhaps the situation by which they had been rbought together had already thrown off the mood, but they were still talking weren't they? She took a sp of her drink as she analysed the females. Everest was quite intrigued by the newcomers. Each one was to their own, different in some way. They were pretty refreshing considering all her other friends, or, what was left of them.....were pretty much all the same. Eve held her smile the whole way, and with a nod at the two girls, affirmed Creed's introductions. 'It's nice to meet you two, officially~' Everest felt the conversation was running smoothly, and these two girls, even, were good candidates for an invite to her bonfire later that night, even despite, the question which threw Everest off guard. Everyone had a right to their own curiosities....Everest tilted her head the tiniest bit at Peach. Thr girl was quite right. Her words prompted Everest to smile sadly. She then turned her head slightly towards Creed, her expression suddenly changed to a far grimmer one as he spoke so openly about his own friend. She glanced at the ground, the events of her her friends' death playing over in her mind. Her grim expression returned to Creed however as he continued to give Jessica what she was looking for.

Once Creed was done explaining, Everest turned towards the girl. She bit her lip. 'Don't stress Jessica. You have a right to ask questions~.' Upon realising the girl was on her way to leave, along with Peach, Everest made a last second decision to step forward after the girls. She gripped her drink. 'Girls- i'm uh, throwing a bonfire at my parents house tonight, sort of like an afterparty, if you will. I'd like it if you could join us.' The girl pulled a slip of paper from her back pocket, one of her last ones, and then another. They contained her address. She offered one to Peach, and the other to Jessica with a hopeful smile. 'You can bring a friend~.' She glanced momentarily at Mateo, whom had approached Peach, with an edged smile. 'I hope I'll see you there.' Unbeknownst to Everest, she had just set in motion something none of the young adults could have ever prepared for. She turned to Creed with pursed lips, and released a breath. 'I'm gonna get us drinks.' She knew what he would prefer, and was walking for the bar within the next moment, curly hair swaying behind her.

*************************************************************************************************************

Before Jessica left, Everest mentioned to her, as well as Peach, that she and Creed were having a bonfire after the Welcome Ball. She invited them, to it. Jessica took a second to think it over.

It'd be good to go, maybe this way I at least have a friend in this town for the foreseeable future, however long I'm here. I should be fine. Even if I'm not, the US Marshals granted myself and my family carry permits, ones that I can carry even on private organizations by government order. It something happens, I at least have my .40 on me.

Jessica turned towards Everest, and smiled.

"I'll be there. Now, I'll be right back. I'm going to go get a little bit of food. I'm hungry, I'll be right back."

Jessica walked over to the food bar, looking at the selection of foods. Not wanting to eat too much, she grabbed a piece of fried chicken, some ketchup and a fruit, her favorite at least, a honeycrisp apple. As she got her food, she heard a voice next to her, which she, at first, didn't think was intended to her. She turned to her side, and she saw another guy.

"Senorita," she said back to him with a raised eyebrow. "I know what that is, but other than that, my Spanish is crap."

She took her chicken dipped it in the ketchup and took a bite.

"Can I do something for you," she asked him. It was rather random for her to get stopped by someone randomly. She wasn't quite sure what to expect. She was a little nervous as to what his intentions are. In the back of her mind, she kept thinking, is he one of them?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A man stood on the opposite side of the ballroom, by himself. He dressed in all black formal clothing. He lingered in the shadows, watching Jessica, while on the phone.

"Our source was right. It's her, I'm sure," the man said into the phone. He listened some more, then taking a bite of an apple.

"Tonight? Don't you thi-- you sure they'll keep them off our backs? You sure this ain't no sting?"

The man seemed to grow increasingly agitated at what he was being told.

"Alright, I'll keep an eye out, stay in the shadows. I'll do it tonight."

The man put his phone away, took another bite of his apple, and left the ballroom.

myst.erion myst.erion Lazy Taco Lazy Taco MoxxyMoxx MoxxyMoxx Cosmosis Cosmosis

He smiled slightly and soon realised how awful he was at talking to people. Mat rubbed the back of his neck. "Sorry," he said, "I'm not used to things like this and I'm just trying to make friends. You seemed like the nicest one out of the people over there. That boy next door is a cop's son so there's no way I want to talk to him whilst brunette and pinky look too confident. You just seemed more approachable. I'm sorry if I'm being weird."

Was he really this bad at talking to others? People normally avoided him growing up after hearing about his father and if they didn't know they soon found out. He could assume that he lost lots of necessary social skills from this but he wouldn't know because he lost social skills. This did have its perks though: he was more conniving and sly, being able to lie well and avoid unwanted attention. For example this bonfire party that they were talking about could be used to his advantage.

He continued speaking, "I'm messing up first interactions so much. Let me make it up to you. Some of the people who I know in the dorms are going to be partying tonight. There's one at the Harris Twins' house, there's one in the woods and the bonfire party; I was probably going to hit up that one. I don't really want to get stranded in the woods or pulled into a dare by one of the twins," he laughed slightly, "What do you say? Am I coming on too strong? I'm not trying to come on to you or anything. I'm gay and I'm not an asshole. I just want to make some friends. You need the right ones in this town."

Peach Crawford.png
Peach had followed Claudia after saying it was quite unlikely she could make it as she hadn't a car yet. At the food, Peach had snagged a plate and took some boneless anytizers, stacking the hot and bbq flavored ones on her plate before siting a foot or two from Jessica. Someone spoke and Peach shivered at the spanish accent. She didn't know any spanish whatsoever, taking her own lessons of Japanese from an online website.

Shifting from one foot to the other, the pinkette inched a small bit towards her newfound acquaintance and took a few anyizers and ate them and before the girl knew it, she'd finished her plate. Looking around, she smiled sheepishly at someone who walked by and had stared at her for a few moments, oggling at her curvaceous form. Again she inched closer to Claudia but was at a arms-length distance from her so she didn't alert the female with her own worries.

"H-Hey Miss Burley? I'm not feeling ver...e... well all of a sudden." Peach covered her mouth. Looking at her arm she saw she was getting a bit pale. Had the chicken poisoned her? No. She had just ate it. With clammy hands she reached for the other girl but before Peach's fingers could tug on her sleeve to alert Claudia that she'd spoken, her stomach rebelled, causing the busty girl to rush off to a bathroom as fast as she could without alerting too many people.
~
Once in the bathroom, Peach passed a few girls doing their make-up and expelled half eaten chunks of chicken and her slice of toast she had before she came to the university within one of the porcelain toilets. Coughing, Peach wiped her mouth. Before she had the chance to get up, she vomited again, her hair falling around her head like thin wisps of windblown ice. If you saw her, you'd think the girl looked terrible.

One of the girls doing their make-up stamped her foot. "Can ya be a bit more quiet?! We're actually tryin to look good for the guys unlike you!" Once Peach threw up a second time a growl was heard. "Damnit lady. Stop throwin up! Or ima come over there and puke on you cause you're gonna make me puke so why not ruin your day while you ruin mine?" The two other girls in the little make-up party snickered as they went back to their make-up.

Peach however, didn't hear them through the blood pounding in her ears. Her strength had basically jumped ship and left her unable to push herself up from her hunched position by the toilet. A minute passed with a few dry heaves before the sick girl sarted to lose the turmoiling sensation from her stomach, her body feeling a bit sore from the experience. High heels clicked and a vocie came up behind her. "Gag one more time. I dare you to."

Peacemaker .45 Peacemaker .45 (mentioned) myst.erion myst.erion MoxxyMoxx MoxxyMoxx

Jessica was a little surprised he approached her. But, what sounded even more unusual was that he was gay. Normally, a guy approaching her is someone looking for their "lucky night" that they would never get. Jessica doesn't willingly do those things. She was a traditionalist in that sense.

"No, you're good," said Jessica, trying to not seem like a bitch, as she feels she may have come off as.

"I'm just used to guys looking for a hookup. I wrongly assumed that it was this. My apologies there. But yes, that girl Everest invited me. I just met her. If you want to go, I'd ask her. It ain't up to me."

"But, don't worry, you're not coming off weir-," Jessica started before being interrupted by Peach, who looked pale as a ghost and ran to the bathroom.

"Shit, I'll be right back," started Jessica to Mateo, "let me go see if she is okay. Meanwhile, go talk to Everest about the bonfire."

Jessica walked towards the bathroom. She didn't know Peach, but she could tell she felt comfortable around her. It was weird for Jessica, she didn't quite know what to really think about it. But she won't stand by idly if someone is in need of help. Jessica entered the bathroom and say a couple of girls doing their makeup. But as she walked in, she noticed a girl standing in a stall, and heard her say something to someone in it. She couldn't make the words out, but the tone suggested aggression.

"What the hell if going on here," Jessica said as she walked to the girl and looked in the stall, to see a sick and vomiting Peach.

"This stupid nobody bitch wouldn't stop like puking when I was doing my makeup, replied the girl.

"Seriously, the girl is puking and you use this as an excuse to get all pissy over nothing. What the hell is wrong with you," Jessica shot back, dumbfounded with this girl.

"This is some no name no one cares about bitch. She is like impeding my progress of looking nice. So what you gonna do about it, huh? Who are you," the girl said, getting closer to Jessica, like she wanted a fight.

"Holy shit, you're pathetic, get the hell out of my way," replied an annoyed Jessica.

She pushed the girl to the side, and she grew angery.

"Don't put your hands on me. Do you know who I am? Do you know how much money my dad has? Do you know how much this outfit costs," shouted the girl to Jennifer.

"Hey, Peach, you alright," she asks her as she puts the back of her hand on her forehead. "Lord, you've got a fever. You think you could get up with me?"

The girl went off on her in the background, but Jessica tuned her out.

Cosmosis Cosmosis MoxxyMoxx MoxxyMoxx

Mateo smiled at Jessica as she left. She seemed like a nice person. He made a mental note to grab a beer with her later if he got the chance.

For now he walked over to Everest. She was a pretty girl, confident looking and sure of herself. He could see himself being friends with her. He cleared his throat and spoke, "Everest," he started. "You wouldn't know me. I'm Mateo. I was going to go to your party tonight with a couple of people I know. I just met Claudia and she said I should speak to you about it. I don't want to turn up unannounced, that would be rude of me." Once again he was rambling. He had to stop. Speaking like that would only get him into trouble so he'd have find a way around it. He probably would have said his full name as well but he wasn't stupid to know not to say your full name around a cop's son.

Last edited:
Peach Crawford.png
Peach looked up at Claudia and offered a feeble smile. Why did someone she started to trust have to see her so low already? It just wasn't right to the pinkette to accept help from one she really only met less than an hour ago but then she offered help and as much as Peach normally would say no,that she could do it herself, she really didn't have much strength or will to protest.

"T-Thank you so much Miss Burley. I'll find a way to pay you back i promise." Peach told her as she was helped up from the bathroom's cold tile floor. Feeling cold, Peach obviously shook but Claudia's touch felt so... Reassuring and helpful that it didn't effect her whatsoever.

Going towards the door, Peach tensed up a bit seeing it was blocked by two other girls. Course, being sick and feeling a headache start to rise in intensity from the fever Claudia said she had led her to tune out any noise she didn't want to hear but it was obvious the two blockers meant to block their exit-way. Both had a devilish smirk sprawl across the front of their half-done makeuped faces as they leaned against each other, right and left hands locked respectively so they couldn't be pried apart easily. Knowing another girl was there, Peach didn't want to look behind her. "Please move... I don't want to waste your time or a-anyone elses alright?" The shy girl asked as politely as her mind would allow, her voice as quiet as ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back