• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy [The Other Story] The Concept: Living Amnesia

Kiyoko Tomoe

The Donut Goddess
The Other Story
Chapter 1 - Two Sides
"There are at least two sides to everything. A coin has heads and tails. A book the front and back covers. A road has two-way traffic. A window can be looked through from either the inside or the outside. A room also has an inside and an outside. Our lives are no exception."

. . .
"We are the ones who are lost. We are the ones who have no past or present. We are the ones who have had everything we once were stolen from us. Our lives, our hearts and souls, all gone... The only things we have left is each other, and the knowledge that someone among our group is responsible for the tragic loss we've all suffered," I told myself. All thirteen of us agreed on this when we had woken up, that everything we were was gone. What's confusing, however, is how we even know we once were someone, even though now we are nobody. After confirming this, we all looked around for clues.

While most of us didn't even know how to get out of this one room, one person managed find a doorway pretty fast. The thing is though, all of us had looked there at least a hundred times before he started helping, and no door was there before. In confusion and with high suspicion, one of us confronted him about it.

"How did you find this door, when we'd all searched here and found nothing?" She asked.

"I didn't find it; someone else found it for me, and simply made me "find" it in their place," He said in response.

"Among us is a person who, just like us, remembers nothing about who they were or what they once did in life. They've been lost for longer than the rest of us, and are the very reason for everything being taken. They've stolen our lives, taken our identities and made them their own," He added.

I could tell immediately something was off about the whole situation, and so I decided to do what nobody else thought of; open the door. At least, I was going to open it, but someone else had already beaten me to it while we all focused on the conversation at hand.

Unfortunately, what waited beyond the door wasn't of any use to us, and so the twelve of us returned to our search for some way out, or at least some clue to what we were all here for and why none of us could even remember our own names, let alone who were were as a person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back