• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Order of the Dog Star

Amicus

Lizard Wizard
Hello all, thank you for your interest! Please only apply if you already expressed interest in this forum post, as it contains the ideal candidate requirements and literary expectations of this campaign.

Here is how I am thinking this will work

1. Read the plot and setting summary listed below these instructions to determine if this is something you are interested in
  2. Apply one of two ways
    1. Fill out my personal character planner here (it is a Google Docs file accessible to anyone with a google account) by downloading it, filling it in with your personal info, and sending it to me via email or google drive.
    2. If you feel you already have a sufficient character sheet or the former option is inconvenient please send me your personal character sheet along with the information requested in the last two slides of my form.
  3. I will adjust the numbers on your form based on the info you included in your character sheet. The numbers are really more for me than you and help me to track character progress and ensure fair fights. Either way, I’ll explain the updated chart to you privately to make sure we are on the same page about everything.
  4. I will post relevant character information here, and then we will be ready to begin. I will then post an opening-scene setup. Characters will take turns introducing themselves in the context of my intro post and we shall be off!

The Order of the Dog Star

Sirius, the dog star, the brightest star in the night sky. The infamous constellation has watched over this planet for celestial eons. But there is a lesser-known association with this timeless light. An order of extraordinary men who have acted as guardians of humanity against their supernatural plight of vampires and other supernatural foes. The Order of the Dog Star, also known as the Beholden of Sirius (or simply the Beholden), was originally comprised of Arthurian Knights and scholars. They were a secretive and secluded order, but as such very few people knew of the dangers many demons would have otherwise imposed upon humanity. But as the times changed and people forgot about the vampiric threat against them they became resentful of the Order. They were seen as an unnecessary authority and a symbol of a dying and overly occult aspect of the monarchy.

The Order refused to disband. They established their own Hold and sphere of influence. But without the support of the people they were limited in their ability to sustain their efforts, forced to rely on passing their work down by generation. 100 years ago today marks the official collapse of the Order. But to you, their importance has become new and pressing knowledge. Last night you were visited by a vision. A ghostly band of vampire hunters surrounded you. One even spoke to you, but even before that you sense a kinship and connection to their voice. The dream vision spoke unto you:

“Child of man, flowing blood of the Beholden, child ever protected by the light of Sirius, heed me. I am of your line, who came before you, who served the Order, who staved of the demonic threat. But the people lost faith in us. And now… now they have become enslaved to the corrupt vampiric powers of Hell. You live in a world of hunger, injustice, violence. This is not the way of man, but of Hell and Armageddon. If you are worthy of your ancestral right, if you heed us now, you can revive our efforts before it is too late. Be it for the longevity and well-being of our people and knowledge or the protection of your own self-interest you must travel, thus, to Parishborough within a fortnight. There you will meet the fellow descendants of our order. There your path will become clear. But should you fail, you will be the first to be slain in the massacre to come. Heed me, my child, and go forth.”

If you decide to abide by the powerful vision, then welcome.

This is a low-fantasy DnD style setting in which I, the DM, will provide you context and imagery about your plot and environment, as well as control secondary characters who will help guide and provide immersion to your adventure. This will not be over-complex, a very base tabletop style in which you opt to trust the DM to make decisions about wins and losses, and the DM agrees to be flexible and narrate a fun and engaging story.

Parishborough is your first location. Imagine a small pastoral agricultural town. There is a blacksmith, a tavern, and a merchant, but the rest is mostly small houses woven of twigs and roofed in hay. Parishborough is at the base of Mount Tyrmine. About halfway up the mountain is an abandoned hold fallen to ruin, and at the top is an old holy site belonging to the Catholics. You suspect one of these two sites will finally bring relief from the relentless vision of your forebearers calling you to a destiny you never anticipated. And you are motivated, for whatever reason, to heed the call and take up the stake of a vampire hunter.

Anyone else want to tell me what they're planning on bringing to the table? I'd like to get an idea of the kind of players we're going to have. Also I don't want to step on anyone else's toes.

A REMINDER: Please don't sweat the numbers too much. You will start at level one. If you don't know how to fill in a stat you don't have to I can do. Like I said, they're more for me than they are for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back