• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Order (forever accepting)

Wicked Jester

Suit Gangs Infamous Jester

jwc5f1w.png

Welcome to The Order…

Hearing those words changed your life…

Your phone buzzes, you just got a text from a number you don’t recognize, but then again it changes every time… looking at your phone this is what you see:

“Hey kiddo, vacations ovyouer, ya I know it was short, but at least The Order let you have some time off. Give me a text back when you get this and we’ll send you your next orders. It’s good to have you back kid.”

-Blackjack

Knowing the only thing to do is to reply you sigh. On the bright side however is knowing that the sooner you reply, the sooner you can go back to doing whatever you want. Picking up your phone you sigh and try to figure out what to do next…

(if you are confused, dont worry... just go to the overview tab, i actually explain stuff there...)​

Last edited by a moderator:
(if you feel the need to change how you enter the RP because you don't like the story above, then feel free to, other wise i have decided we have enough people to begin, the only requirement is in your first post you must be contacted by the order, and reply...)

Sighing Everest sat up and texted back, saying

"Tell them I'm in... send me the next set of orders..."

two minutes latter Everest's phone buzzed... he had just received another text from blackjack...

"you know it doesn't work that way... you don't get to demand orders... you wait until The Order contacts you... however they said too be ready, so expect a new batch soon... Oh also, we have your order ready for you, and since there is no laws currently preventing the sell of magnetically accelerated weapons, you can just come by the shop and pick it up.... oh and bring me back my wallet you freaking klepto!"

Falling on the floor laughing, Everest remembers that around two months ago he supposed yes he did steal blackjacks wallet... suddenly Everest's phone buzzed again and glancing at the number he grew deathly serious, his orders were in...

(at this point i would be sending you a PM with said orders, but because I'm me, obviously thats redundant... also as an example of what to expect of orders, Everest's first set has been posted down below... [this is the only time i will be showing you guys the orders as they are received])

CODENAME_JUDGEMENT,

You are to go to the corner of Highgate St. and Newport Ave. there, inside a blue trashcan you will find a briefcase. You are to destroy the contents of said briefcase.

This is the will of THE ORDER, hear and comply.

CODENAME_JESTER,

You are ordered to go to the Broadfield museum of modern arts, in the ceramics section you will find the vase shown in the attached image. You will then steal this vase and bring it to CONTRACT_BLACKJACK.

CODENAME_REAPER,

You are to remain on standby until activated,

Everest stood up and closed his phone. Thankfully these were the types of orders where he could put them off for a bit. So getting dressed, Everest called his boss, VanBuren, and told him,

"I can work tonight, the orders aren't too bad, and they can wait until after tonight."

the eccentric voice of the owner of Blacklights came through on the other end,

"Wonderful!!! If you don't mind me asking, what did they order this time?"

smiling slightly at the thick Russian accent of his semi-adoptive father (was never officially adopted, however after joining the order, VanBuren was Everest's mentor, and acted as a father figure.), Everest replied,

"Of course i don't mind, but it was just a
Disposal, and a Fetch mission, nothing too special... I just cant under stand their actions..."

"Of course not... nothing The Order does ever makes sense... and its not our place to pry... you should know that by now Everest... don't go getting your self killed because you stuck your head in too far..."

"Of course I wont... I will see you in a bit Mr. VanBuren..."

hanging up his phone Everest sighed and wondered just what could The Order be after... oh well, i can think about that latter, now to get to work... closing the door to his apartment, Everest turned and exited the building, nicking the wallet of the doorman as he passed.

@gogojojo331 @Hexter @SweetCat2319 @Gospeller @DegagetheAvianDragon @Turbinail

(LET THE MADNESS BEGIN!!!!!)

(@gogojojo331 that's fine, but if you don't mind, could we please keep comments/conversations like this to the OOC chat? also just as a side note, check the rules, i have one for a character limit there.)

Egh -... Eesac let out a low sigh, squinting slightly as he observed many-a pedestrian walk by. At the moment, he was sitting at one of the cafes on Highgate Street - there were of course many of them scattered around. A light wind blew against his face, and he felt more uncomfortable than ever. The Order hasn't contacted me in a while. Jittery, would be the best way of describing his current mood. Pedestrians, so many of them. And any of them could be like me. It was a crazy thought, and it made Eesac grin widely.

Idly sipping on his coffee, despite the fact that due to his anatomy it was ... ineffective ... - he kept a rigid eye on people passing by, as if paranoid. In this calm sea of people, anyone who appeared nervous would stick out like a sore thumb; though it did not mean they were connected to The Order - not at all. But Eesac felt himself itching for ... not a fight ... but for something. Anything. He had worked many hours straight in the bar and had not heard a word from The Order. I need to be preoccupied.

Cobweb was on the internet at school. She had time before her next class and she was these spark-notes on Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream. These humans were fools and knew nothing. All this crap about symbolism and meaning. It was all true. This had all happened and Oberon had told Shakespeare about it! He just happened to be good with words and made the story more eloquent. She sighed and looked around. She was hoping she'd get orders soon. She had better things to do then sit around and get drunk on cream!

Avree, feeling rather calm, sat at the end of a dock in the harbor. He gazed out towards the waters, and found himself lost in thought. He had had plenty to do over the last few weeks, but found himself with nothing of importance left to do. He sighed heavily, watching the water roll by endlessly, when a buzz was heard inside one of his (many) cloak pockets. He checked a few, then found one of the few phones he had. Most likely stolen, it was probably someone's family or friend asking why they weren't around. But it wasn't, which was odd. He glanced at it, and raised a brow. "How the hell could they have known about this exact phone...Damn them black magicians." He growled.

Suddenly, Cobweb received an email from an address she didn't recognize. The Order. She smirked. Something to do! And a reason to lay off the cream...

CODENAME_MIDSUMER,

We recently acquired a certain manuscript, an ancient grimoire known as the Eltdown Shards. You are to meet with CONTRACT_HEDGE, and collect this manuscript for us. You are then to maintain and protect possession of this manuscript until further notice.

She paled. The mission was fine! Easy really. The problem was going to Hedge's. The place wasn't too bad really. She just felt a bit weaker because he did have some Iron in the place. Stupid Iron.

Sighing, she packed up all her stuff and went to her next class to tell her teacher that she had to miss it. He understood. Or he just had a thing for her and helped letting her play hooky would help his case. It didn't.

She decided to drive her car there.

She arrived at Hedge's place and walked in, immediately sensing any Iron in the place. She wrinkled her nose in distaste.

Baz was distracted. It was difficult to concentrate on waiting tables when you were obsessively checking your phone, and waiting for a message. Baz pulled it out for the hundredth time, and felt the anticipated disappointment when she saw no new messages. Somewhere in her mind, she was aware that her manager was saying something, but she couldn't care less what it was. She didn't care about her job, not really. It was a cover for her. It wasn't like she needed to wait tables. Baz had more than enough money, but it was still safer to appear normal, like the other people in the community. Still blocking out her manager, she ran a hand through her short blonde hair.

"That's why I think you should take the rest of the night off." Baz's head whipped around as she stared at the man in awe. He looked tired and frustrated, but more importantly, he looked resigned.

"What?" She asked, shocked.

"You seem really out of it today Baz," the manager commented. "And the service is suffering for it. Miranda can take over your tables. You go home, get some sleep, figure whatever out. But you're working a double shift tomorrow, and that's final." Baz nodded, hoping she didn't look too eager, before removing her aprin and name tag.

"Thank you!" she said on the way out. More excited than she had been all day, she hurried out of the restaurant, phone still clutched in her hand.

Hedge looked up at the fairy who walked in his door, smiling he stood up and said

"Well now!!! If it isnt my favorite fairy, Ms. Cobwebs, how have you been?

@SweetCat2319

//sorry for the massively delayed posts guys, had some family stuff to take care of... orders will be rolling out soon...

"Good...trying to stay clear of cream." She smiled and stayed clear of the blades. Just in case. "How's business been Hedge?"

She had always loved Hedge's name. It was definitely different. She looked over some of his steel blades. She usually always bought at least one while she was here.

@Jesters Court //No problem! Everybody has a life outside of this site.//

Smiling back at her response Hedge replied

"Business has been fine! People can't get enough knives for some reason... you would think they are simply throwing them at things!"

(Recently, ordinary humans have been buying an increased number of throwing knives, so Hedge is making a joke about this.)

Laughing at his own joke Hedge grinned ear from ear before asking

"Now, speaking of business was there something you needed? Or did you just stop by the visit an old orc? Or is this related to them?"

@SweetCat2319

She laughs with him. It's hard not to when he has such a one sided sense of humor. At his question she bites her lip.

"Come on Hedge! As much as I enjoy talking to you! I hate the Iron in here." She shudders and then smiles at him. "Let's just say it's all three old timer."

She glances around and tilts her head, "You know what they want me to get right?"

@Jesters Court

Suddenly growing quiet at her last sentence he pales and stutters out

"W...w..wait... they sent you here for t..t..that?"

reaching behind the counter Hedge pulls out a large briefcase wrapped in chains and lays it down in front of him, he then looks fearfully at Cobweb and says

"Take anything from the shop you want... no matter what... do not loose this case... bring anything else you want here, and then as a precaution I have to hand cuff the case to your hand... sorry cobwebs... just do not loose the case ok?"

@SweetCat2319

She looks at Hedge is obvious surprise. the manuscript was that important? She was glad she didn't put it off then. She nodded and went back a bit to grab three identical throwing knifes. She was trying to lighten the mood by playing iff the earlier joke.

After that she laid her arm out to be cuffed, "They're steel cuffs, right?" She asked suddenly? With the other Iron in the shop she really can't sense it or not.

@Jesters Court

Shooting her a look that said you should know better he latched the case to her arm,

"Better than steel... titanium, im well aware of what iron does to faries... after all I did spend 10 years on Avalon!"

Smiling saddly he watched as she left the shop... now it was time for Hedge to fulfill the second half of his orders... he began by lifting up his foot and shoving over one of the displaycases, smashing the glass and sending weapons everywhere...

@SweetCat2319

Cobweb had already rushed away from Hedge's store. She didn't hear the crash of the case or weapons. She stayed in the shadows and headed towards Stormfield.She planned on hiding in one of the older warehouses there. She moved as fast as she could. The way hedge had been acting then someone was definitely after the case. The manuscript.

As Avree read the text, a switch flicked in his mind. He began more....prideful, he stood with confidence, he made himself look somewhat presentable. He matted down stray feathers, straightened his cloak, and looked at his reflection in the calm waters near shore. This would do. Satisfied with the changes, Avree went sprinting off to obey his orders, he had no idea who MIDSUMMER was, but he figured Hedge would know. Hedge was always helpful in situations like this. He found himself at Hedge's place, eyeing the mess. "Uhmm..Bad time?" He asked, glancing around for a safer way in.

Hedge looked up at avree as he looked at the destruction he had just caused. Sighing mentally he wanted to give cobwebs more time to get away, but that might not be possible...

Turning to avree he said,

"Ya... you could say that... a damn fariy just stole an important book from me and ransacked the shop... here, would you mind giving me a hand with this?"

Hedge had crouched down and was preparing to return the display case to its original upright position...

@DegagetheAvianDragon

Avree helped him with the case. "Really? How...relevant..." He mumbled. He glanced out the door. "Err...How long ago? Do you think I can catch her...it?" He asked, putting the pieces together.

Walking into the club, Everest had just finished tying the bow tie on his uniform, walking be hind the bar he saw his "partner in alcoholism" Nakota, greeting her he began to wile out a glass with a rag, thankfully it was not rush hour yet so conversation was still possiable. Everest then turned to her and asked

"So how has your day been Nakota? "

@ScarletHood

Cobweb had successfully made it to Stormfield and was now hiding out. She knew this case was weird. Hedge had been so frantic about it. Why? Why would he be so worried? Who's after the manuscript? She couldn't answer those questions. At least she had found a warehouse with no sugar, salt, or cream. While she can fight against Iron and silver. The other three things she had no will power over.

Nekoto was working on art piece. Her work hours for being a bartender had not started yet, she whistled cheerful tune, dabbing paint on the canvas. It took her some hours before she finished, leaving her with a highly detailed picture of a girl sitting in a field of daisies. A client had requested for this, she picked it up and wrapped it up, placing it in her bag, before heading to BlackLights for her other job. She took detours that avoided getting in contact with people. Finally she arrived at the night club.

She walked into the club, the smell of heavy perfume and smoke wafted over to her nose. She felt tremendous disgust. Nekoto went over to the bar seeing one of her workmates, she greeted him politely, giving him a smile before taking over the shift. "Filth..." She thought to herself standing there. A customer came up to order a drink, her smile appeared again. She nodded along and proceeded to make a martini. She then handed it over to the customer before starting to wipe up the bar,"filth... Filth everywhere..."

She looked up and nodded at Everest arrival to the bar. When he asked her how she was she responded with a grin, "pretty good." Nekoto then proceeded then start preparing appetizers for when the customers came to snack on.

@Jesters Court

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back