• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Oppressors [anti-heroic RP]

Quilboarian

The Oppressors

ApR79H7.jpg

[basically, a roleplay where the players are random foot soldiers working for a dystopian government. Being loyal volunteers, they are not "just following orders." The characters don't have to be inherently evil, obviously; but dogma can make good people do evil things. They probably love their country, and might be totally personable folks out of uniform- however, they have been infused with bitterness.]

[The roleplay would be diceless, but I would serve as a GM of sorts. I'd create events and control NPCs, while the players would cooperate as a squad and make decisions that could set the story off in various directions. A player's success regarding stuff like attacking enemies would depend on how they roleplay it, and the circumstances involved. Basically, I'll try to use reason to my best ability to decide combat outcomes, or some form of random chance if need be.]

[Not sure of any specific situations to start off in, though. Could use some suggestions.]

Background [Note that this country is fictional, as well as the entire universe.]

For the decade or so, we've lived in the Clean-Zone. Many of us even grew up here, simply before the zones were around. This country used to be called the Central States, and it may look sorry and beat-up, but its heart is still ticking in the Clean-Zone. And we're still its citizens.

It all started back when that epidemic from Jasper River got out of control, throwing the nation into chaos- and the war going on at the time didn't help matters. Some cities perished in nuclear fire, or from the plague, or both. The country was split into the "Clean-Zone" and "Dirty-Zone." The borders were eventually sealed between them, which left many of our fellow compatriots stranded on the other side. But we did what we had to do; we couldn't let the plague leak in. It would have poisoned us all.

Things weren't going well in the Clean-Zone for a couple years; food shortages, riots. But our leadership changed. We became strong and stabilized- we became the Restored States.

The stretch of minefields and barbed wire kept us safe from the outside. Our leaders drilled it into our heads: We were civilized, the "dirties" weren't. We retained our humanity, the "dirties" didn't. They devolved into cutthroats, while we adapted. They were dirty, we were clean. Still, it was hard to not simply feel sorry for them, though.

The plague did eventually die down over there. But then, when we finally go to reclaim what's ours- and rescue them, and unite the country again- they turn on us. The dirties had formed little city states, and they fought against us viciously. They were no longer our countrymen; they were too far gone. They had truly reverted to savagery; cutting off our soldiers' heads, slicing people's throats. Some even got into the Clean-Zone and bombed our citizens. They wanted to be independent, said we abandoned them- but they abandoned us.

We won the "Resistance Wars," and our troops destroyed their phony governments. The traitors didn't stand a chance. The dirties weren't organized or united like we were- if there was one thing that dirties liked more than killing us, it was killing other dirties. Liberation had come, but they didn't take it that way.

The government now calls it the "Reincorporated Territories," but it's still the "Dirty-Zone" to you. The people in it are still just "dirties" in your eyes, not "reincorporated denizens." And they still hate you. They want to kill you. They hate progress. They don't appreciate anything you try to do.

And they're scum...
The Commission & Territorial Authority

fMcYBs3.png

You work for the Reincorporated Territory Commission (you can just call it "The Commission.")

You belong to one of the branches below;

? Territorial Authority

The Territorial Authority is the main police branch of the Commission, and is thus tasked with keeping the "reincorporated" populace under conrol. The regular ranks of the Territorial Authority are exclusively comprised of volunteers from the Clean-Zone. The "Territorials" are known for dealing out ruthless punishments for crimes, especially acts of insurrection. Unsurprisingly, most Territorials are despised by the locals. Despite being a police organization, it basically functions as a ruthless paramilitary force with death squads. Territorials have access to low-level military vehicles and equipment like armored cars and submachine guns.

Territorial Auxiliary Corps

The Territorial Auxiliary Corps is a division exclusively comprised of volunteers recruited from the local "dirties," mainly those who are sympathetic with the Restored States, are seeking special treatment, or simply want to be in a position of power over their fellow denizens. Auxiliaries are visibly distinct from the Territorials by their noticeably shoddier uniforms and weapons. Auxiliaries also lack badges, with their only insignia being located on their shoulder patches. The Auxiliaries are treated as quite expendable by the Commission. Regular Territorials often don't get along with the Auxiliaries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh very cool. You've got my interest.

So, tech wise, it's still basically modern day but a little more worn and utilitarian?

Yeah, pretty much. Actually, it's somewhat Cold War-ish technology that is more worn and utilitarian. The pre-apocalypse setting was more based in that time period. Year have passed, but there have been few real advancements made. The RS became focused on simply making more things as opposed to better things. Still, they're advanced in comparison to everyone else, since the latter lost access to their old technology, while the RS kept it.

I'm down for some dirty work.

Damn, looks like this really rose from the dead. Thanks for the interest, I'll be sure to do something.

Are you guys okay with RPing at a casual level?

Quilboar said:
Damn, looks like this really rose from the dead. Thanks for the interest, I'll be sure to do something.
Are you guys okay with RPing at a casual level?
Sounds good to me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back