The OOC

I don't know why they don't use Terra-Man more. He's a space cowboy on a Pegasus.

latest

Everybody knows Krptonians Superman is the best.

Can't have someone like Terra-Man stealing Supes' thunder!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, canonical villains are allowed to be "more powerful" for plot arcs and drama. Parasite is good because not absurdly strong i.e Thanos/Darkseid but he is definitely powerful.

Nah, canonical villains are allowed to be "more powerful" for plot arcs and drama. Parasite is good because not absurdly strong i.e Thanos/Darkseid but he is definitely powerful.

I think it's just the nature of his powers that would push him over.

If he touches a character that is that strong, he'll get their powers.

*Puts on Nerd Hat*

...I don't see it, even if Parasite absorbed the life energies of both Thor and Superman (which is suuuper unlikely, when would anyone fight Parasite without some back up?) people like Thanos and Darkseid are on a completely different level. At the end of the day Parasite is still only a single entity, at an Alpha-Class level; if he absorbs Superman's durability he gains nothing extra with Thor's, and we all know that Superman and Thor - in this roleplay - would be absolutely stomped by Darkseid or Thanos due to the more watered-down nature of our heroes.

Parasite also doesn't "gain" the powers of those he touches instantly. He needs to maintain grip for a decent amount of time - something he struggles enough with against beings at Supes' strength level - he'd only be able to maintain a grip against Thanos/Darkseid with the unlimited strength of hulk. (Again, Thor and Supes comic-counterparts are capable, but this is based on TV counterparts)

But how could he maintain a grip on Hulk when Hulk is literally leagues stronger and his power never stops growing? Parasite, whilst a terrifying figure, is still only at the level of those he can maintain a solid grip on and even then he only keeps his powers temporarily, at some point there are beings who can - and will - one-shot Parasite due to the sheer power they command which can overwhelm the durability of the highest-level hero Parasite can get to, which I maintain would probably be Thor or Supes, much higher than that and he starts to lose due to the rate at which his powers diminish compared to how quick he can absorb new - stronger powered - heroes. Stronger heroes than Superman and Thor that Parasite can reliably drain are in very short supply.

*Adjusts Monocle*

*Puts on Nerd Hat*

...I don't see it, even if Parasite absorbed the life energies of both Thor and Superman (which is suuuper unlikely, when would anyone fight Parasite without some back up?) people like Thanos and Darkseid are on a completely different level. At the end of the day Parasite is still only a single entity, at an Alpha-Class level; if he absorbs Superman's durability he gains nothing extra with Thor's, and we all know that Superman and Thor - in this roleplay - would be absolutely stomped by Darkseid or Thanos due to the more watered-down nature of our heroes.

Parasite also doesn't "gain" the powers of those he touches instantly. He needs to maintain grip for a decent amount of time - something he struggles enough with against beings at Supes' strength level - he'd only be able to maintain a grip against Thanos/Darkseid with the unlimited strength of hulk. (Again, Thor and Supes comic-counterparts are capable, but this is based on TV counterparts)

But how could he maintain a grip on Hulk when Hulk is literally leagues stronger and his power never stops growing? Parasite, whilst a terrifying figure, is still only at the level of those he can maintain a solid grip on and even then he only keeps his powers temporarily, at some point there are beings who can - and will - one-shot Parasite due to the sheer power they command which can overwhelm the durability of the highest-level hero Parasite can get to, which I maintain would probably be Thor or Supes, much higher than that and he starts to lose due to the rate at which his powers diminish compared to how quick he can absorb new - stronger powered - heroes. Stronger heroes than Superman and Thor that Parasite can reliably drain are in very short supply.

*Adjusts Monocle*

Ah. It's worth a shot, I suppose.

Wait, question... Is it just Metropolis that's going crazy or is it New York too?

Or... Are Metropolis and New York sort of encroaching on each other?

I'm not entirely sure, @MissSuper put out a very casual post - but it could make sense that for the duration of the universal "merge" that space and time is literally warped.

For the sake of continuity, lets just say that in about 10 minutes from Zoe's exit everything is going to hit New York like a cascade, whereas it's already been present in Metropolis for hours.

@Apex?

@Archon @AvidElmV2 

That works. The chaos gradually spreading out due to some temporal distortion effect onset by the merge of realities.

I'm thinking we RP in the midst of the chaos for a bit; the worlds are more or less still in the process of merging (or rather, the process has almost solidified due to new locations already cropping up), but the cosmic storm isn't quite over. Plenty of opportunity to chaos, action, and utter discord as heroes and villains alike struggle to make sense of the situation. Then, at some point in the IC, we have a world goes dark moment (pitch dark sky, the storm suddenly pauses), then all is back to normal; The event ends, the fusion concludes, the sky is back to normal, and the RP continues from that point.

Would it be alright if I retract the Flash character and create a new one? If so, is it alright if I create my own species? They'll look similar to Humans, but they'll be similar to Kryptonians, plus they'll only be existent on Earth 4113.

Would it be alright if I retract the Flash character and create a new one? If so, is it alright if I create my own species? They'll look similar to Humans, but they'll be similar to Kryptonians, plus they'll only be existent on Earth 4113.

You can have multiple characters.

Oh gawd sorry about my last post, it from the other roleplay which was the starter so I simply copy and pasted thinking it would be good enough.

I'd have to ask, what are the clear differences between them and a Krpytonian? If they're too similar then you may as well make a Kryptonian. They'll need to be truly unique to warrant a separate race. ^

Oh gawd sorry about my last post, it from the other roleplay which was the starter so I simply copy and pasted thinking it would be good enough.

Hehe, it's fine. :3

It still makes sense with the current anarchy and space-time shenanigans going on!

The key differences between Kryptonians and my made up species are the abilities they inherit and how they inherit them, their language, combat styles, and their organ structure, primarily their bones and organs which are made up of different tissue.

@Archon

The key differences between Kryptonians and my made up species are the abilities they inherit and how they inherit them, their language, combat styles, and their organ structure, primarily their bones and organs which are made up of different tissue.

@Archon

Have you considered making a Daxamite?

Mon_El.jpg

@Archon

I mean, it ultimately comes down to @Apex answer, but I think if the only difference between them and a Kryptonian is internal (invisible) differences such as organ and bone structures, as well as a different language and combat then I'd second @Crenando and say it'd be cooler to make a Daxamite. They are basically the nemeses of Kryptonians with the same powers but with

--A different language

--A different Bone and Organ structure

--Different Combat Styles 

--Their power isn't drained by a Red Sun, they simply stop receiving "more" power.

--They have a weakness to the more common-lead over Kryptonite, but in this RP we could say it's a "Minor Weakness" as opposed to a "Crippling Weakness (I.E Kryptonite. Since lead is sooo abundant on Earth)

It's also what most people make bullets out of, so that would be a problem.

Yeah, I don't think Superman is supposed to be dropped by a .30 Pistol Round. If we assume a Kryptonite bullet could drop Kathella/Supergirl instantly, then we can assume where they are impervious to standard bullets, they would actually do a slight bit of damage to a Daxamite. Gattling Guns could do a fair amount in-fact. But at the same time, a Daxamite doesn't have a "Game Over" weakness like our beloved Green Rocks...

I think I'll add Supergirl to the mix!

#TeamKrypton

Even if we're on opposite sides... but hey! It's the thought that counts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back