• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Oath - 1940s Gangster Drama - IC (Ended)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Alexandra and Nicolo Romano
00014616cefc6b783467c7f097e8525d--selena-gomez-outfits-selena-style.jpg

rs_634x1024-151025081308-634.nick-jonas.cm.102515.jpg

Nicolo smiled when Olivia said that she would go with him "It's a date so" he said with a smile and laughed at the last bit of her statement "Thanks, that's very kind of you" he said in a playful manner

When Olivia told Alex that she didn't look easy or like a prostitute a smile took over her lips "Your right, it was them not me" she said more so to herself than to Nicolo and Olivia. Nicolo raised an eyebrow as he looked at his sister "Who's them? did someone try something with you?" Nicolo asked her, his voice filled with concern. "It doesn't matter, lets go clubbing" Alex sang in a sing-song voice before she turned and began walking to the car. She did not want to have this conversation right now, she wanted to go out get locked and try forget it ever happened and so she chose to ignore Nicolo when he brought. When Alex's attitude clearly changed again as she walked off, Nicolo snuck a glance at Olivia, a quizzical look on his face "my sister's bi-polar" he half-joked, recently he was starting to think she was.

Once they reached the club, they managed to get in no problem even getting to skip the line thanks to Alex's budding friendship with the bouncers since she was classed as a 'regular' there, which made Nicolo wonder how often Alex actually suck out of the house. He pushed all thoughts of that to the side as he followed Olivia and Alex into the club. Nicolo did a quick scan off the area, making sure he saw nothing out of the ordinary before making his way to the bar where he ordered and paid for their drinks.Alex knocked back her double vodka and placed the glass back on the bar before grabbing Nicolo and Olivia's hands "c'mon lets dance, I love this song" she said cheerily as she pulled them out into the dancefloor amongst the other people dancing
Misty Gray Misty Gray

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Athena Archer

d68f2d4d311b7fd08e8f80b2fbe68608--politics-food.jpg

The fact that trouble seemed to follow them was quite concerning. Were they a magnet for evil?
When Leo pulled Athena in for a hug, it was something that the girl didn't realize she needed. With the sight of Leo's father dying still ingrained in her mind and now the view of those bodies in the building, it was all too much for the girl. She had known about the crooked ways of the family business but never to this extent. Athena looked up, hearing Leo's offer. "I'd like to go to your place for a little while." Athena answered with answered, a softness to her voice at the current moment. She didn't trust herself going to sleep fairly easy tonight and if so, she was sure that she would have particularly disturbing dreams.
Maybe Leo could distract her from her current thought process.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Sinead Sullivan

150618123551425-png.353907

Sinead looked up at Lucy's face as she pushed away the strand of hair that had been in front of her eyes. She was about to answer her sister's question but her mouth opened and for now nothing came out. When Lucy offered to help, Sinead nodded and held out her open palms, showing they'd been grazed too. "It was horrible, Luce. These three guys were chasing Alex Romano - they were being really horrible and they were going to attack her. Conor and I, we stepped in to defend her from them. I yelled at one of them and when he grabbed me I slapped him. But then he threw me onto the ground and that's how I injured my hands and knees." She bit her lip as she thought about what else had happened. "One of them then said something horrible, suggesting he would do something dirty to Alex and me. You know what I mean? Now that's just all wrong and Conor punched the guy a couple of times in our defence. Finn and the others came along, then the three thugs ran off." Sinead sniffled. "It was awful, Luce. Those three men were disgusting pigs."

Sinead thought back to the haunted house and quickly wiped her eyes. "Luce, something else happened before that. Conor flipped and lost control. In the haunted house, one of the zombie guys jumped out to scare him and Conor completely lost it. He grabbed the poor guy by the throat and pinned him against the wall. I kind of thought he was going to kill him! There was this bathtub filled with blood and it seemed to freak him out big time. Finn managed to calm him down, but it was a little scary, Luce."

Bellz Bellz

Olivia Svensson
hgv-png.352510

Olivia was happy when Nicolo said the theatre was a date. It would make a refreshing change for her to watch a play with him

Olivia smiled when Alex agreed she wasn't the problem, but other people were. She too wondered who "them" referred to, but it didn't seem like Alex was going to elaborate on what had happened. She'd already said the Sullivans had been good, so Olivia had to wonder who had caused her trouble. When Nicolo joked about Alex being bipolar, Olivia let out a half-hearted laugh, thinking it rang true at times. With a father as emotionally unpredictable as Vinnie, it would come as no surprise that his daughter could be affected.

Once they were in the club, Olivia accepted the cocktail Nicolo bought her and began drinking it more slowly than Alex had knocked back her drink. When Alex grabbed her hand to drag her onto the dancefloor, Olivia quickly swallowed the drink she'd already sucked through the straw and walked quickly with Alex, keeping hold of her drink in one hand. Alex was certainly fully of energy tonight.
neverbackdown neverbackdown

Lucy Sullivan

200.gif

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lucy looked at her sisters hands before kneeling down on her knees in front of her. Grabbing a cotton ball and the peroxide she placed a bit of the liquid on the ball before pressing it to her sisters hands lightly. Listening to her explain everything, Lucy's entire body stiffened at the name Alex. What the hell was she doing there with her family? The girl only seemed to spell out bad news for her and her family and the fact that Sinead had tried and helped the girl irritated her.

When she talked about the bathtub and Conor her eyes grew a little wide as she listened to what her brother had done. He still refused to talk to her about the entire situation. Lucy knew that it was hard for him...but she wasn't sure if he understood that talking about it would help both of them move on. "Well thank god you all were there hmm..." she murmured softly and began wrapping her sisters hands.

Lucy thought about telling Sinead about the message Giovanni had given her and James...but she had already gone through so much that it felt wrong to even bring it up. "The ball was boring without you all there, poor James was itching to get out of there." After cutting the bandages and taping them to her sisters hand, she began to clean up the kit, the faint smell of cigarettes made her fingers twitch slightly remembering how nice it was to smoke in such a stressful time.​

Alexandra and Nicolo Romano
00014616cefc6b783467c7f097e8525d--selena-gomez-outfits-selena-style.jpg

rs_634x1024-151025081308-634.nick-jonas.cm.102515.jpg

Nicolo had only taken a sip of his drink by the time Alex had knocked hers back, he rolled his eyes at her "If you continue to drink like that im not funding your night" he commented. Alex however either ignored him or didn't hear him and suddenly she was pulling him through the crowds of people and towards the dance floor.
Once they had reached the ideal spot, Alex began to dance, swaying her hips in time with the beat while she sang along to the song that was playing. She loved dancing, it was one of the things that allowed her to just clear her mind, while she was dancing she could feel the music and allowed it to travel through her and block out the unwanted pain and thoughts that plagued her during the day. Alex lifted her arms in the air as she sang, letting her head fall back a smile on her face. Nicolo watched as his sister seemed to be in her element dancing and smiled before looking over at Olivia to make sure she was enjoying herself as well. When they made eye contact Nicolo gave her a cheeky wink and a smile before copying Alex's movements, also throwing his hands up in the air and looking up at the ceiling. He laughed as he looked back down and swayed his hips jokingly out of time with the music before taking another sip of his beer
Misty Gray Misty Gray

(Sorry its so short)

Emmet Sullivan

IMG_0774.JPG

Emmet was more than happy to reacquaint with some of his more distant family members. He drank the remainder of his beer, clearly in no rush to discuss business. He assumed he missed Shannon come in and expected to see her upstairs, once he went up. He instead wished everyone a goodnight, before placing his empty beer in the trash can.

"Conor, James." He called from the kitchen as he went for another beer. He waited for the boys to enter the kitchen as he prepped his beverage. "Now, as you two know, I've been busy setting up our family beer distilleries in California for the past couple of weeks. I haven't heard a lot, but I'm sure there have been some significant events that have occurred since I've been gone." He once again slammed his palm down on the cap, opening the bottle. "Conor, I know I put a lot of responsibility on your shoulders last minute and I'm sure you've made plenty of mistakes. I don't want you to beat yourself up over anything, instead, I want you to learn from this now. One day, not too long from now, you're gonna' take over as the head of the family. I want you to be as prepared as possible for when that day comes. Until then, I am here to be your guide to make sure you're ready. So," he said, leaning back on the table with his beer in his hand, "tell me everything that happened."

Misty Gray Misty Gray

The Sullivans
150618123551425-1-png.353910
ar214a_0259b-jpg-ca76995f-t3-300x199-jpg.353905

Sinead gasped as the peroxide Lucy was pressing onto her skin made her wounds sting. She noticed her sister tense up at mention of Alex. "I couldn't just let her get hurt, Luce. I know she's related to that horrible Vinnie, but I couldn't have just ignored what was happening. I'd hope she'd have done the same for me, like how Giovanni took a bullet for me that time."

Sinead smiled as Lucy began wrapping up her hands. "Thank you. You're the best sister," she softly appreciated her. When she mentioned the ball was boring, Sinead pulled a sad frown. "I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the ball. James is a nice guy, but I suppose those parties aren't his thing, huh?" she asked. "Do I need to have words with Mr Porter and teach him how to treat his lady at a ball?" she suggested. "With a little nudge, I'm sure he'll be able to dance the night away with you." She smiled fondly, as if recalling her own experience.

Bellz Bellz

Upon hearing his name called, James finished his cigarette and stubbed it out before closing the front door. He then headed into the kitchen to join Conor and Emmet. Both James and Conor were relieved to hear Emmet expected mistakes to have been made, especially given the heavy weight on the shoulders of someone who was still a young adult. They both did wonder just how much Emmet could take of what had happened.

"Business has been running smoothly," Conor spoke up. "Our businesses, both yours and mine, have been running as normal and profits coming in. I've managed to form partnerships with some prominent groups," he added. The main one that came to mind was Kane Anders, but he decided now wasn't the time to mention he'd gone into the drugs trade. "All in all, you'll see little difference to our assets."

James eyed Conor. Whilst he was telling the truth about their businesses, James knew there were many other less than positive goings on that needed to be shared, but perhaps much more important than profits. "Conor is right about the businesses running smoothly," James spoke up. "But Vinnie has be relentless in attacking us on a personal level. Since Gianna was killed, the man has barely stopped to let us breathe." James got the impression some of the things were difficult for Conor to speak about, but James had learned to lock up his feelings when needed. Emmet would find out soon enough, so it was better to tell him now. "Vinnie had Conor, Lucy and me tortured as revenge for Gianna's death. It was damn brutal. Conor would have died had Vinnie not suddenly grown a conscience."

"We came out of it and we're all good now," Conor noted, regardless of the fact he'd flipped out not very long ago. "Vinnie realised he'd gone too far."

"He's still throwing his weight around with threats against us, though. The man needs to calm the Hell down. Until he does, the city is a dangerous place to be a Sullivan. The businesses are safe because Vinnie has turned to attacking us personally instead. I'm not even sure he cares about losing money, because it's just an excuse to harm us. Whilst that's much more dangerous for our health, I wonder if it makes him weak as a businessman."

Enzyme Enzyme

Emmet Sullivan

IMG_0774.JPG

Emmet nodded along as they both chipped in. He casually sipped his beer, showing no emotion as they brought up key events. He didn't even budge when James mentioned they were tortured. "He's foolish if he throws away his business to seek revenge. Revenge won't bring Gianna back. I can't, however, have him actively pursuing my family. We'll organize a meeting with him to discuss terms. We'll never be able to patch things up, but maybe we can stay out of eachother's way to allow business to prosper. As long as you two did not provoke Vinnie and throw blows at his family business, then you acted perfectly responsible as key figures of this family. Hopefully we can calm him down enough for him to agree to allow both of our families to succeed in Chicago."

(Sorry it's short, at a family event)

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Lucy Sullivan

200.gif

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lucy smiled softly at how kind her sister was..if she would have been in her shoes, she probably would have just let the bitch get beat up a little bit before saving her. That was one thing her siblings did that most people did not do. Help the enemy. Lucy hadn't personally helped the Romano's and she hoped that she wouldn't have to be placed in such a position. But she sighed, and stroked her sisters hair with one hand. "I understand why you did it...it would be uncharacteristic of you both not to help her." Alex was definitely one Romano that Lucy couldn't stand. The girl had rubbed her the wrong way after punching her in the face and after catching her with Conor...she just wasn't sure what the girl was planning.

Lucy smiled again when she was told she was the 'best sister' and laughed at Sineads words. She shook her head lightly. "Oh James was definitely not the problem love, the party itself was just...odd." Lucy really had no other way of putting what had happened. Sure, Giovanni took a bullet for Sinead...and by the look that she gave when speaking his name, the man had her under his thumb.

And for a moment Giovanni had Lucy in the same position. The hatred for that charming man was starting to grow rapidly. "Are you and Giovanni...?" Lucy really wanted to hear her sister decline any relationship with the man. That kiss was no mistake, he had been the one to make the move...while Lucy made no attempt to. Lucy already had a feeling that Sinead was in deep with this man but she wanted to confirm it.​

Conor Sullivan and James Porter
150618123551425-1-png.353910
ar214a_0259b-jpg-ca76995f-t3-300x199-jpg.353905

James and Conor nodded in agreement when Emmet said he would organise a meeting with Vinnie. It seemed like the only option left to explore. "I'm not convinced Vinnie will calm down, but I'm willing to give it a try," Conor spoke up. "Hopefully he sees logic too and realises it's time we all got back to just running our businesses like in the past."

"Yeah," James began, clearing his throat. "This probably counts as provoking Vinnie... I destroyed a shitload of explosives Vinnie was storing. They would have been used against us and I couldn't knowingly ignore it, not when innocent people could have been caught up in it. Obviously, Vinnie is angry about that, but his issue is with me and I'm going to fix it."

Enzyme Enzyme

Sinead Sullivan

Sinead smiled when Lucy stroked her hair and said she understood why they had helped Alex. "No matter what happens to this family and what terrible things Vinnie throws at us, we must never lose our hearts. Without compassion, we open ourselves to committing evil and become just as bad as those who have harmed us. Luce, when I was younger, I saw Vinnie let his men beat a guy to death and I just hid. Now I know I was a child and I couldn't have stopped them in a million years, but I didn't even try. I could never watch someone else get hurt without at least trying to help them." Sinead had never told anyone that memory before, but for some reason she just felt she needed to admit it now.

When Lucy suddenly ask if there was something between her and Giovanni, Sinead wasn't sure what to say. She hated lying to her family more than anything, especially to their face, but she knew none of them would ever understand what she had with Giovanni. Sinead loved her family dearly, but she didn't consider herself part of the Sullivan Gang, she'd always distanced herself from its criminal activities, yet she knew she still wasn't permitted to be close with a Romano gang member. Sinead looked down, biting her lip as she shook her head.

Bellz Bellz

Lucy Sullivan

200.gif

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Lucy supposed she deserved the answer her sister gave her, Lucy trusted her gut most of the time and it was telling her that Sinead was in a relationship with this man. Not only that, but when she spoke of him taking the bullet for her, there was a certain twinkle in her eye that Lucy was very familiar with. But her sister shook her head and Lucy stayed silent for a moment. It was clear the poor girl was lying, she didn't make eye contact with Lucy and didn't give a verbal confirmation. Her eyes watched the girl for another moment before she offered a small smile. "Well then perhaps we should find you someone special hmm?" She asked softly and stroked her hair again.

"Your hair is as healthy as a horses Sin!" She exclaimed and continued to comb her fingers through it. It had been awhile since the two of them were able to just talk with one another. Although it seemed like lying was coming from both ends, it didn't do much harm. Pretending that they were telling the truth was proving to be easy enough. Lucy didn't even feel as sick as she had earlier and that was scaring her a little. Lucy just wanted everything to be okay...even if that meant lying to herself and everyone she loved.​

Sinead Sullivan

Sinead knew how how poorly she'd tried to deny it, not even able to speak the lie, but was surprised Lucy seemed to accept it. She looked up, eyes fixing on Lucy as she mentioned finding her someone special. "We can't all have happy endings," she sadly replied. "I'm just glad at least you're allowed to be happy with James." She weakly smiled when her sister complimented her hair. "Thank you, Luce. I try to look after it." Sinead wished so much that she could have been honest with her sister and been able to share conversations about how wonderful it was to be in love. It seemed most of the things she'd grown up excited to do were not meant to be - this family wouldn't allow for a girl to live that kind of life. She wondered how she'd be able to love both her family and Giovanni without them tearing her heart into two. "I don't want to lose you, Luce..." she told her, like it was a certainty to happen. As she spoke, she clenched her fists so her fingernails pressed into the bandaged wounds, allowing a sharp stinging pain.
Bellz Bellz

Last edited:
Chapter 9: Business as Usual
Friday 3rd November 1948
Evening – Cold, dry, cloudy.
...Post 1 of 2...

Ella's Kitchen

Vincenzo Romano

eye-candy-josh-brolin-4-jpg.332446

A couple of days ago, Vinnie and Emmet had agreed to hold a meeting to discuss business. Vinnie had told Fortuna, Angel and Lorenzo they would be present, whilst Emmet had told Conor, Luca and James to attend. As a gesture of trust, Vinnie had told Emmet to decide on a neutral location to meet. Somewhere small and with plenty of windows to the outside so both parties could be sure there were no hidden surprises. Ella's Kitchen is a small cafe in the city and the owner agreed to let them use it after opening hours for a fee.

Vinnie and Emmet agreed to arrive at the cafe shortly before the rest of their associates arrived. Every person who did arrive would be searched by a security guard who would confiscate any weapons if someone had forgotten to leave the guns and knives at home. After everything that had happened in recent weeks, Vinnie wanted to make it clear this meeting would be about talking only and that there was no danger on his part.

Vinnie arrived at the cafe just before Emmet, telling his driver to drive away once he was out of the car. "Good evening, Mr. Sullivan," he greeted Emmet, outstretching his arm to shake hands. Before they could enter the cafe, the burly security guard would search them both for weapons.

James Porter and Conor Sullivan

15062700676967.jpg

James wasn't exactly looking forward to the meeting with Vinnie, though he'd at least been bought some extra time to reimburse Vinnie. Lucy had offered to pay Vinnie from her savings, which had not gone down well with James when she first suggested it. After discussing it, James swallowed his pride and agreed to let Lucy go ahead with her offer. James was stubborn, but he knew to be that way in this instance could cost him his life and only cause more problems for Lucy. He made it clear he would pay back every cent Lucy had given. When it came to giving Vinnie the money, the Italian guessed Lucy had bailed James out and the cash wasn't enough to cover what he was asking. Regardless, Vinnie was aware of the planned meeting and didn't want this detail hanging over it, so he accepted a deposit and granted James an extension to pay the remainder off. It worked for both parties, as James had a couple more weeks to get the money and Vinnie had the pleasure of feeling smug about it all.

James stood at the bottom of the stairs as he waited for Conor. Conor hadn't seen Vinnie since the man had him tortured, so this was going to be an awakrd meeting for a whole host of reasons. He'd spent some time mentally preparing himself for this evening, but now he knew he couldn't put it off any longer. After straightening his tie, Conor emerged down the stairs to head to the meeting alongside James. As they told the Sullivans who were home that they were heading off, James made a point of kissing Lucy and telling her to have a better evening than he would be having.

Meeting attendees: Enzyme Enzyme ReverseTex ReverseTex Lazy Taco Lazy Taco @Maiza Avaro

5cc1fed21971782425ec99fd7dbb8465.jpg
Luca had been speaking with Kate for a little bit before seeing the time, telling her that he had to leave. "I'll either be back late or tomorrow." 'Or in a casket.' He said to her, saying the last thing on his head. Before he left, he had decided to be bold and steal a slight kiss from her, not waiting for anything to be said, leaving his apartment and getting on his Car to the Sullivan household. When he had arrived there, he had waited a small bit, just so that Emmet, Conor and James would come and get on James vehicle. Following behind them. Sure he could had been on the same car as them but he had decided against it, mostly because of paranoia.
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Chapter 9: Business as Usual
Friday 3rd November 1948
Evening – Cold, dry, cloudy.
...Post 2 of 2...

The Sullivan House
COzGEpPWcAAT6-B.jpg

Sinead had spent the last hour sat on the windowsill of the lounge, looking outside as people were coming and going. She didn't have to work this evening and it seemed like half of the family was going to some waste of time meeting with the Romanos. As Conor was leaving, he gave her a quick hug and she kissed him on the cheek, but she remained sat by the window, resting her head against the glass as she watched more people leave. She missed her apartment and the Jazz Club. She missed being able to have he friends over or go out to a club all night long without fear of being attacked. She felt trapped.

"Guys, I'm bored," Sinead eventually spoke up, looking back to those present and sighing. "What are you all doing tonight?" she curiously asked.

Whoever's home? Bellz Bellz Lamia Lamia myst.erion myst.erion Lazy Taco Lazy Taco

The Romano House
1443466342_avhb4c5r91q.jpg

Alex would hear a knock at the door and when she went to answer, she would see Leo standing on the doorstep. "Hey Alex, is your dad home?" he asked, appearing a little distracted.

After what had happened on their Halloween date, Leo had take Athena back to his place so he could help her calm down following the shock of seeing those dead men hanging from the balcony. He made sure Athena was going to be okay before dropping her off back at her own place. Leo wanted so much to take Athena out again but he was worried every time he did, he brought more trauma to the poor girl. He wanted to talk to Vinnie and ask the man if he was aware of the shit he was bringing upon the people he was supposed to care about. He wanted to make sure the next time he took Athena out, they would both be safe to finish an entire date in peace.

neverbackdown neverbackdown Lamia Lamia

Olivia Svensson
Untitled.png

Olivia had finished getting ready for her evening out and was having a drink in her lounge as she waited for Nicolo to swing by to pick her up. After their night out, they'd managed to follow up on their talk of going to the theatre and had got tickets to a play. There weren't many people she could talk into going to see Hamlet, but Nicolo seemed willing to sit through it. Though it was an escape from real life, she had found it slightly amusing that they were going to watch a play about death and revenge, not far separated from their real lives. Olivia was sure she could brush it off - it was more about the good company than anything.
neverbackdown neverbackdown

Lorenzo Romano
07bac241df4c3c4abf0c8d202d4d531f--pedro-pascal-posing-guide.jpg
Interactions/Mentions:
Misty Gray Misty Gray @Maiza Avaro Enzyme Enzyme
Lorenzo had spent the better part of the week studying all of the Romano buisness activities. Fortuna had helped him skim through of course, but he was used to studying long cases. It wasn't a difficult task. Although, he had made notes on what could be changed, and what worked quite well. Fortuna was most likely sick of him at this point...

Sitting in on of the sleek family cars, styling a simple black tie, paired with his grey wool three-piece suit. He had also shaved for the event, only leaving his signature mustache. He was also accompanied in the car with a younger looking man, who's name was Angel if his memory served him.

Taking a sip of his glass of whiskey, his emerald eyes caught the other man's. Lorenzo politely smiled, then exited the car due to its arrival. He made his way with Angel to the back, and found Vinnie and Fortuna there as well.

Last edited:
9523d96328e0238cbe293eef37fa2f9a.jpg
Carrick had been at his room,like always, when Emmet, James, and Conor had left, before he had decided to go outside. When Sinead had mentioned that she was bore, he had tip toe behind her before grabbing her in a bear hug. Sure it was a random act of playfulness from him, but he knew that Sinead had been having a hard time, so maybe showing that he still cared for her would cheer her up. "Is little Sinny Bore, I'm so heart that she wouldn't come and talk to her younger brother." He said in a mockhurt tone, once he had let go her, while sporting a smile while looking at her.
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Giovanni "Angel" Gambino

IMG_0781.JPG

Angel felt indifferent about the meeting. While he acknowledged that it was originally his idea to organize a meeting, he accepted the fact that it would inevitably lead to empty promises and bitter, provocative statements. Being the head planner of gorilla attacks against the Sullivan's, he was almost sure he'd be met with a right hook from one of the family memebers. The moment he entered the restaurant, he raised his finger to the waiter and ordered a mojito.

He sat at an adjacent table, putting his feet up on the table. He tilted his fedora over his eyes as he sipped his drink through a straw. He hardly moved as the Sullivan's walked through the doors, only moving the fedora off his right eye to see them. Once they took a seat, he moved the fedora back over his eyes.

Emmet Sullivan

IMG_0774.JPG

Emmet was quiet during the car ride. He kept his eyes on the horizon, squinting off into space. While he had a dislike for Vinnie's egotistical behaviors and aggressive business practices, he held no anger coming into the meeting. He was more curious as to see how he would react. He hadn't seen Vinnie face-to-face in years and wondered if he'd act malicious towards Emmet. He looked to Conor, glad to know that he had such a competent young man to take his place. As they arrived at the restaurant, he patted Conor on the leg. Stepping out into the warm Chicago air, he buttoned the two lower buttons of his blazer.

He followed behind Luca into the restaurant. Looking Vinnie directly in the eye, but keeping his face neutral. He received Vinnie's hand in a sturdy shake, before motioning Conor and James to sit at the available seats. Once they were seated, he sat himself, opposite to Vinnie. "Well, here we are," he said, nodding to Fortuna and Vinnie. "I don't believe we've met." He turned to Lorenzo.

Misty Gray Misty Gray ReverseTex ReverseTex Lazy Taco Lazy Taco @Maiza Avaro

Lucy Sullivan

amber-heard-flare-magazine-september-2013-_7.jpg

Misty Gray Misty Gray Lamia Lamia myst.erion myst.erion Lazy Taco Lazy Taco
Lucy was relieved that everything had worked out. It had been a fight getting James to agree to take the money she offered but he eventually came around. He kissed he just before he left and it made her smile softly, but as soon as he left a frown replaced it. Staying inside of the house was proving harder to do now that most of them couldn't go out. Lucy was definitely not going out after what happened the last couple of times and as she head her sister express her boredom she was saddened that they weren't free to go out like they use to.

Lucy picked up the ball for Lady and smirked softly as the pup yipped happily wanting her to throw it. Lucy tossed it across the room for her and she watched her scramble off towards it. Seeing Carrick made her raise a brow and she was surprised her younger brother was showing some sort of affection towards Sinead. Most of the time the two didn't seem to get along very well so it was a pleasant surprise. Lucy didn't have an idea of how to cheer up her obviously bored family, she was honestly was just content with staying home and doing nothing for once.​
Finn Sullivan

session65.png

Misty Gray Misty Gray Lamia Lamia myst.erion myst.erion Lazy Taco Lazy Taco
Finn was bored as well. It seemed like the past couple of weeks they had been here had been filled with nothing but action and some unpleasantries and now...nothing. He was sitting in the lounge, whistling to himself lowly and trying to read a book that wasn't as interesting to him as it once had been when he picked it up. After a few moments of staring blankly at the words on the pages, he shut the book and stood up from his lounged position on the chair. Walking towards his other cousins he gave an amused smirk at Carrick's good mood. Looking around the room, everyone seemed to be bored and Finn just wouldn't stand for such things.

Placing a wide smile on his face, he looked at Sinead, Carrick and Lucy. "Well if you are that bored, lets find something to do! This house is big enough that there has to be something to do!" He said in a cheery voice. His family seemed to be so used to the hustle and bustle of these hard times that now it was boring to just be able to sit around and relax. "We could cook, dance...drink...HIDE AND SEEK!" The last part excited him a bit, the last time they had played that was when they were all under the age of 18, which seemed so long ago. Realizing he probably sounded a bit childish, he laughed slightly and scratched the back of his neck. He cleared his throat and mumbled, "Well maybe not the last one...we are all adults now.."​

5cc1fed21971782425ec99fd7dbb8465.jpg
When Luca had entered, he had raised an eyebrow at the bodyguard before giving him permission to check if he had any weapon with him, which he didn't, after all anything was a weapon for him. Once everybody had sat down, Luca had sat opposite of Fortunate, while staring at her. They were both the right hand man so it was crucial for them to sit next to each. "Nice weather we are having." He said to her while tapping the side of the chair he was at slightly. Paranoia always made him do something unexpected, so he was using the tapping as a way to stay calm and not cause anything, after all, it wouldn't do good for him as the right hand of Emmet.
Misty Gray Misty Gray @Maiza Avaro Enzyme Enzyme ReverseTex ReverseTex

Lorenzo Romano
07bac241df4c3c4abf0c8d202d4d531f--pedro-pascal-posing-guide.jpg
Interactions/Mentions:
Misty Gray Misty Gray @Maiza Avaro Enzyme Enzyme

Lorenzo took his seat besides Vinnie, adjusting his cuffs as he leaned into the chair. It took a few minutes, but the Sullivan's had arrived as Angel and Fortuna shedualed. The location was neutral, but not optimal. But he had to respect his two colleagues, seeing as Vinnie trusted them more so than him.

Snapping out of thought, Lorenzo turned his head to the man he figured was Emmett. "Lorenzo Romano." Extending his hand for the Irish man to shake, he nodded once he accepted.

He didn't want to say more. These types of meetings were always like a game, you had to show your cards carefully....

James Porter and Conor Sullivan

15062700676967-jpg.354105

Conor and James got out of the car, following Emmet and Luca into the cafe. When the guard motioned for him to be searched, Conor outstretched his arms to the side, giving the unfamiliar man a pleasant smile. He didn't mind being search, especially as everyone had to be. Besides, Conor didn't finds guns much of an advantage to him, he was nowhere near as good a shot as the others were. James also put up no fight to being searched, though not having a gun on him felt like he'd lost a limb. At the same time, it felt kind of liberating not being armed for a change. If only the circumstances were different and no Romanos were present.

Conor looked to Vinnie and somehow kept his face free of emotion towards the man who had caused him so much suffering, and who's daughter he was secretly sleeping with. Conor nodded to Fortuna and Lorenzo, a man he'd never seen before, before he finally fixed his attention on Angel. Conor and Angel had always been on relatively good terms which each other, but then Angel had to go and help have him tortured. Conor still remembers very little of what happened before he'd been beaten unconscious, so had no recollection of what exactly Angel said or did to him. "Angel," Conor said, giving him a wide smile as he pulled out chair to sit directly opposite the man. "I can't remember the last time we spoke," he told him. It might sound like a perfectly innocent comment, but Angel would probably know Conor meant he literally could not remember it. "Are you keeping well?" he asked. As the waiter passed, he requested a pint of beer, glancing to Vinnie as he did.

When James entered the cafe he wasted no time in ordering glass of vodka. He glanced to the four Romanos present and gladly took a seat opposite the man he didn't know, Lorenzo. The last time he'd been near Angel he hadn't even realised and the destruction that man had left in his path was still fresh in James' mind. The last time he spoke with Fortuna, it involved the woman torturing him. Vinnie, well he was just Vinnie. He gave Lorenzo an acknowledging nod, appreciating having someone present with whom he had no bad blood. James didn't speak until needed, which was generally how James worked anyway. It was only Lucy who was able to drag him out of his serious and quite shell. He wasn't about to waste his words on false pleasantries.

Enzyme Enzyme ReverseTex ReverseTex Lazy Taco Lazy Taco @Maiza Avaro

Giovanni "Angel" Gambino

IMG_0782.GIF

Angel kept his hat over his eyes as Conor addressed him, clasping his hands around his drink. He smiled as Conor informed him that he couldn't remember the last time they spoke. "I sure hope not," he responded. "I'm doing okay. Currently battling a nasty hangover with even more alcohol. How about yourself? How's the family?" Even though he didn't ask directly, he was hoping Conor would bring up Sinead, just so he knew she was okay. It was tricky to coordinate preemptive attacks on the Sullivans, while making sure she was kept out of it. He raised his fedora lightly with the tip of his straw, offering out the drink. "Mojito?"

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Alexandra Romano
img-thing

Alex had been lounging on the couch since she got up that morning, all she could focus on was the meeting that her father was at today, she wished to be there but at the same time she was happy that she wasnt. All she could hope was that it would go well and that the two families would stop attacking each other, meaning that the streets would be a little safer for Alex to walk around in. She held her cup of tea in her hands, enjoying the warmth that was radiating of the cup when she heard the doorbell ring. Alex placed the cup on the table before moving out to answer the door "Ah Leo" she greeted with a smile. Alex hadn't seen Leo in a while but she had been told by Nicolo what had happened in the office and so she had been meaning to talk to him or try to meet up with him but she hadn't been fit to do much the last week. "He's not here but come on in" She said as she held the door open more, allowing him to come in. Once he stepped inside, Alex made her way back into the lounge and sat back on the couch. "Are you ok?" she asked him "and would you like a drink of anything?"

Nicolo Romano
Nick-Jonas-for-TOPMAN_fy4-1464206977.jpg
Nicolo looked himself over in the mirror as he put on his suit jacket. Since he was going to the theater he decided to dress up a bit more than he usually did for his father buisness meetings or nights out in the pub. He fasted his watch onto his wrist before checking himself once more in the mirror. He was excited about tonight, about seeing Olivia and seeing a play. He hadn't been to the theater since he was a child and was excited to see one again. He couldn't help but find the choice of play a little bit ironic for them both based on their lives but he still enjoyed Shakespeare and so approved of the choice they had made. Once he thought he looked ok, he checked the time and made his way downstairs. "Bye" he shouted through the house and heard Alex shout a bye back before he walked out the door and got into the car.
Once he reached her house, Nicolo got out and walked up to the door and rang the bell. When she answered the door, Nicolo smiled at her "You look lovely" he commented as he handed her a single rose, a cheeky grin on his face. He knew that most of Olivia's dates were for buisness purposes and while this might not necessarily be a date, he still felt it was right to try and make it special for her. "Are you excited?" he asked,

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Sinead Sullivan
1060a96cc24a3c801dfcdfe22c6b4b94.jpg

Sinead was taken by surprise when Carrick sneaked up and hugged her from behind, so much so that she visibly flinched. She looked to him a little confused as he began speaking, more than anything just trying to process why he was hugging her when he normally couldn't bear to be anywhere near her. He made a comment about being offended she wouldn't go talk to him, but he made it clear he was joking. She returned his smile and playfully rolled her eyes. "Oh, pleeeeeease! Don''t try that one with me, mister," she lightly remarked. "But yes, this little Sinny is very bored."

When Finn spoke up about finding something to do, Sinead raised a curious eyebrow and listened as he threw out ideas. Her eyes lit up at the mention of hide and seek but that soon fizzled out when he retracted the last statement to suggest they were all adults. "I don't know. I kind of like the last idea the most," she spoke up. Drinking, cooking and dancing were things they often did. Hide and seek had been something she'd missed.
Lazy Taco Lazy Taco Bellz Bellz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back